+ Add a Comment

harv1l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harv1l

Lo0ks like I will "NOT" be buying anything more from WOOT, Amazon is the biggest load of As**oles on the planet and They don't get any of my business.

rpcarroll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpcarroll

Congratulations.

Now Amazon can overpay for Woot! and run them into the ground, allowing the previous owners to buy Woot! back for a song in two years.

I've seen it happen too many times to count!

[Self-awarded Quality Post]

kelvin232

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelvin232

I try to support private small business when I can.

I love Woot. I love amazon.
But I'm a little torn over this.

lspector

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lspector

I hope this works out better than Sears buying Lands' End and then merging with K-mart!
How about a freebie for all wooters with at least, say, 65 woots or more before you become the ugly stepsisters?

Indiana91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Indiana91

Awesome! Amazon is great.

Hope the shipping improves.

I live in Seattle. Can I work for Woot from here by going to the Amazon building?

kelvin232

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelvin232

It looks like page 8 is for us doubters.

toddndom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddndom

110 Million Cash. NICE. So will the new Kindle become the old Roomba? All the best guys!

cyberroger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberroger

Amazon, Walmart, whatever the big guys buy out the little guys (Woot). I bet customer service goes down the dumper.

gman86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gman86

Well as a Missouri resident...I sure hope this sales tax goes away... I've stayed away from WOOT for the most part because I buy from Amazon now. Why charge sales tax (which they taxed the shipping as well--they deny Not sure where they come up with this 11% number) when you have two employees that work here...the items certainly did not come quicker. Woot is def not the woot of old when products were unique and really good deals. I'm also glad "Riley" won't be on the customer service end as my experience with AMAZON is MUCH better than Woot service....
SO LONGGGG...next

TerryLB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TerryLB

First, congratulations! Jeff's a nice guy.

Second, CRAP! Now I have to pay sales tax on Woot stuff. :-)

cernenus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cernenus

great... so I bet now this means I'll have to start paying the nearly 10% washington state sales tax on all my woots.

and since Amazon sells the Kindle, anyone want to bet that we've seen the last of the great deals on refurbished Sony Readers ?

pinktech

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinktech

But will we ever see a Book of Crap Gold Box Special?

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour
rocketteem wrote:Hopefully you guys don't inherit the crappy customer service that Amazon provides

As opposed the crappy customer service already provided by woot!?

Can anyone say "Free Smartpost for Prime Members!"?

A woot minion since 2006 ...

scrufdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrufdawg

Not good news, imo....a sad day for wooters.

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz

Cogratulations, I think....

As someone who is in the midst of the upheaval brought about by a corporate merger, (my employer was bought by its largest competitor), please forgive me if I greet your news with a healthy dose of skepticism. We too were promised that "nothing was going to change". Continual layoffs, (my layoff will be in 6-10 months), and two weeks ago part of our site was found listed on the web as being for sale/lease.

Here's hoping your future is much brighter and shinier than mine....

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

RosemaryL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RosemaryL

Congrats! I love Amazon and God knows I love WOOT. Just don't let the big guys take away your distinctive personality. Hey, now you can sell vitamins, condoms, pantyliners ... an endless supply of unsalables is just waiting for you to present at the bewitching hour. Yee haw!

Tritonman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tritonman

Please tell me you're going to keep giving out the Bowl of Cereal

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

LEM- wrote:

LOL. Nice work there.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Zeno

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Zeno

Does this mean that Woot gets free cloud services from AWS, and that the server will never crash again? or does the server crash on purpose?

Dance2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dance2

I hope you guys got cash and not crummy stock. I hope you got yourselves some really nice termination bonus's (it will happen). Reality is you are part of public company now. Your freedom is gone. Pray and hide your payoff money. I can always buy junk cheap somewhere else....but you'll never have a chance to totally run your own business again. Sorry for you suckers - you just drank the cool aide. :-(

mckinnonw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckinnonw

First of all, that was the funniest video ever. Absolute genius. But how the hell did you pull it together so quickly, because that had to have taken tons of effort? Or was an inside team building it the last few days?

Also funny how all the Wooters love Amazon (as do I). I guess we love value. Congrats. Hope all of you made Bowl of Cereal (buckets of cash)!

anniecs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniecs

I thought you were kidding. Is this true or a joke?

sourdoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sourdoh

Congrats... but does this mean that Amazon's taxing (sales tax added) policy be applied to all Woot's? That will make a very big difference to many...

tootielee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tootielee

Sucks - just another instance of a conglomerate buying up another company. Competition is reduced, prices increase, the world comes to an end!

stebu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stebu
Zeno wrote:Does this mean that Woot gets free cloud services from AWS, and that the server will never crash again? or does the server crash on purpose?

My first thought about the deal. 50 extra-larges on woot-offs, please!

errsta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages errsta

I guess all woot "sold out to the man" - no longer just sellout..j/k.

Congrats to y'all!

EnigmaV8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnigmaV8

I'm sorry but I've been around the Interwebbernets too long (like uh the beginning) to get too excited just yet. I don't see this as a good thing but we'll see.

It was a good run Woot. At least I was there to tell my grandkids of your former glory.

P.S. By the way did I mention that, I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW AMAZONIAN OVERLORDS!

artnking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artnking

After reading the memo to employees by Matt Rutlege, I finally understand where the Woot writing style comes from.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

THE Amazon? So Wonder Woman is buying Woot? I guess even amazonian women love to shop.

Faethe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Faethe

Please don't change. Joining up with Amazon is like being stuffed in a sock your grandma has sewn ears onto. It's still you, but not really.

cbook3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbook3

i'm done, you will not get another red cent from me, why when you have something good going on and then you go and truck it up, grits, truck amazon.

sekotsydna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sekotsydna

Does this mean we get a 4th of July Woot Off?

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload
Ultraglyd wrote:
Does anyone remeber HP/Compaq/EDS? Or even the EDS/GM debacle, or heck even GM today under Obama? There are hundreds, if not thousands of others

Yes, the US taxpayer owns part of GM because we didn't want to change anything!

:rollseyes:

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

autryld

quality posts: 6 Private Messages autryld

Hey, Woot!

Are you still gonna charge Missouri sales tax?

Is Amazon gonna start adding Missouri tax?

Will there be more BOCs offered for sale?

Will the 90 day warranty get extended?

Burning questions, all!

rebbe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rebbe

Once the papers are signed it's all conversation. Been in Corporate 500 for too many years to believe anything else. I've been there when after the doc's were signed, they handed me the copy of the bank transfer and the changes began. Every owner wants it's imprint on it's subsidiary. Amazon is no different. It's been fun, G-d bless you in your future endeavors.

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir

Congrats! Glad I could help!

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

MiloMutt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiloMutt

Too bad!! Amazon dropped lots of independent retailers in NC because of the stupid tax laws here. Probably won't be purchasing here again either. Sorry WOOT! On a more happy note, makes me want to move back to CO.

moondrake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moondrake
kelvin232 wrote:I try to support private small business when I can.

I love Woot. I love amazon.
But I'm a little torn over this.

My sentiments exactly.

paulbenjou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulbenjou

Saw this coming. Just don't let it jade you or change you in any way.
Best to you...

Carfanatic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Carfanatic
harv1l wrote:Lo0ks like I will "NOT" be buying anything more from WOOT, Amazon is the biggest load of As**oles on the planet and They don't get any of my business.

Agreed. If you sell out to the man you become the man regardless of what you try to tell yourself.

Was nice while it lasted R.I.P. Woot.