jacknahss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacknahss

Since Woot has been acquired by Amazon, I doubt I will be making any more purchases. Amazon has a bad habit of charging your credit card without having the product. I once waited over six weeks for an order. I have since stopped buying anything from Amazon. Amazon could at least acknowledge that the product is out of stock.
Jack

Fertikas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fertikas

I just bought one less than a week ago, dammit. Oh well. I love it. Don't regret it.

shortcake49

quality posts: 14 Private Messages shortcake49

Well, once I stop whining I 'll have to admit that this is a pretty good deal.

ramonfarinazo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramonfarinazo

Really??? Amazon products already???

Whatever happened to not being "controlled" by Amazon?

baroquon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baroquon

...tomorrow perhaps the DX? then of course the unveiling of book.woot

bar - bar - bar - bar - bar-oquon

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Thanks to Woot's product statistics at the end of the day, and thanks to Amazon's reluctance to release Kindle sales figures, at midnight we will all learn, for the first time ever, how many Kindles are sold (at least to Wooters for $149).

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver
LEM- wrote:Already????

That was fast!

That's what she said!

chefjef

quality posts: 10 Private Messages chefjef

sigh. shouldn't this be on sellout.woot? maybe sellout.woot should be the main site now?

what a waste.

I still have 4 bottles of Humbug resting gently in my cellar =)

wootcompare

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootcompare

THIS - my dear friends - requires a double-shot of Jack D. to be-still my heart over the coincidence.

kazuking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazuking

Can some one explain to me this merger?
1. Woot is making woot load of money
2. Amazon wants to get in on the woot action.
3. Amazon acquires Woot.
4. Amazon gets revenue percentage from Woot?
5. What benefit is there to Woot?

I don't see the benefit of the merger from Woot's perspective..... then again I wasn't a finance major and I'm bad with money.....keep spending it on crap from this online store that sells one crappy item per day.....
Oh wait....

jdritchi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdritchi

Can this thing unlock locked PDF's?

mmiteshm

quality posts: 133 Private Messages mmiteshm

is there under ground woot.com?

Internet giant is ready to miking your cow.i am out of here.:sad:

Edit: i bet this will never sold out

msloboda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msloboda

Is this a taste of things to come?

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

Is Woot going to keep their name in this marriage? I think they should. Wootazon or the Woot-Amazon family doesn't have the same ring to it.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Jabby81 wrote:This is really disappointing. I was hoping that woot wouldn't be amazon's new storefront, but rather our same-old woot.

We're still the same ol' woot, but we had the opportunity to bring you a smokin' deal on a Kindle, so we did.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67

Is sellout working for anyone? Did they break the deal with yahoo for amazon?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl

Amazon is definitely on a push to sell out their remaining stock of Kindles before the new lower end one comes out (In August is the rumors).

If the new low end one does come out, it doesn't seem like its getting a touch screen since this new DX one doesn't have one. Kinda sad about that one but i'm glad they kept and improved on the eInk display.

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

Here's the manual!

mneeka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mneeka

Mine will cost just 129.99, because I won a $20 bet that Woot would offer a Kindle tonight! Sometimes it pays to be Captain Obvious, right Woot?

"We want something else! We want something else! We want something else!"~Bill Murray, et al in "Meatballls"

nwanick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwanick

Well it did not take long for Amazon to put its brand on WOOT!!!....But its not any cheaper here than amazon................

msruru

quality posts: 15 Private Messages msruru
Jagg3d3d93 wrote:Fitting but this is cheaper than the price they sent out in an email the other day. Maybe if I paid for books this would be a good investment. Then again someone invented a crazy idea called a library where you can read books for free, How does that even work? Free books? What is this communist russia?

I like you Jagg!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I love my kindles. I have a first gen in this size, so admit to being SERIOUSLY tempted to upgrade the smaller size.

Re Comics: Check around, I've not seen an comics or graphic novels available for the kindle, but that doesn't say much, not something I've ever looked for either.

I <3 mine, though. Even with libraries and sharing books, my first kindle paid for itself in 6 months.

I read a lot.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

wager

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wager

I do like Barnes & Noble's comparison:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/compare/?cds2Pid=30197
It's mostly fair, though lists specific highlights and specifications, of course. But you're trading Sudoku and more open formats for Text-to-Speech.

Does anybody know if the Kindle will read whatever format Google Editions will be putting out? Will they do PDF?

txvoodoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txvoodoo
brycebolen wrote:Not latest anymore...
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/graphite-kindle-dx-coming-july-7th-for-379-now-available-for-p/

That's the larger version (DX)

This is still the latest of the ones that are the size of a paperback book.

I've had a Kindle v.1 since they came out, as does my hub, and we love the darned things.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

1tab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1tab

This just in : Amazon admits defeat! The I-pad reduces kindle to woot fodder

WOOT DAMAGE $6,723.25

wotowotowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wotowotowooter

Now only if Apple had bought Woot, we'd have an iPad at a discount.

And we'd have less people wondering if it worked with a Mac
:D

MarkChia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkChia

Weird,selling an Amazon product. Couldn't Amazon do that. Wait....never mind.

tdurden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tdurden

I just got one for father's day- my son paid $259, then he got the $70 back. I wonder if he can get the $40 back...

This thing is great but pdf file display isn't the best. The pan function is too blocky so in order to read some multicolumn text pdf files you have to zoom into first column, read it, then zoom out and zoom in on second column to read it. If you try to just pan over to read the second column of text some will be cut off. This should be an easy firmware fix, so I expect they will fix it eventually.

scottw2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottw2
jacknahss wrote:Since Woot has been acquired by Amazon, I doubt I will be making any more purchases. Amazon has a bad habit of charging your credit card without having the product. I once waited over six weeks for an order. I have since stopped buying anything from Amazon. Amazon could at least acknowledge that the product is out of stock.
Jack

You're crazy. That never happened. I buy 3x week & never had a single issue as you described. Talk about sabotage!

Drathen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drathen

This is extremely disappointing... I bought a Kindle less than two months ago for $269 and now its selling for almost 50% less. I'm not very happy with Amazon right now.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

This is just a tease next time on Amazon you will be saying...

Wow this is 20 bucks cheeper here than it is on Woot!

Woot got owned!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

txvoodoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txvoodoo
nwanick wrote:Well it did not take long for Amazon to put its brand on WOOT!!!....But its not any cheaper here than amazon................

It's $189 on Amazon, so it's $40 cheaper

alseen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alseen

Shindig.

Not refurbed
Larger screen
Wireless/3g
More memory
plays mp3s

I own the Sony Pocket and love it. I bought it a few months ago when Sony had them new for $170.

This is a fantastic deal.

zyodei

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyodei

I got the Sony a couple weeks ago, and even though I hate Sony, I'm not sorry about it.

I've got enough wireless radiation bouncing around my house, and all I want to do is to read my collection of PDFs I've downloaded and web essays and articles I don't want to sit in front of a screen and read.

I've got a bookshelf full of books, I'm not keen on buying anymore. And I think the paper and ink format is preferable if you're actually paying for it

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

Here is the wireless coverage map for it. This map shows where you get wireless internet (3g and normal) for this device.

anabsa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anabsa

I'm waiting for books.woot.com or the Bowl of Cereal - Book edition.... Or maybe.... Bowl of Cereal = Book of Crap???

pmarin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmarin

LOL.

Kindle.

We are Borg.

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
roxannez wrote:Me too.

And me. I hope the Woot empire doesn't just become the Amazon Employee Discount For Everyone site.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
hackman2007 wrote:Wow...just...wow.

Already selling out

I think you are mistaken, it appears to have quite a few units still in stock.