klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour
yeawuteva wrote:will they drown out airplane noise?

Not really; these are neither sound isolating nor sound cancelling.

Sound isolating are typically "in-ear" ... ie, fit into you ear canal. They seal themselves into your ear and are almost like using earplugs to isolate outside sounds.

Sound cancelling headphones are typically over ear ("cups" surrounding the ear) on-ear ("disks" covering the ear), tho sometimes are in-ear, and are typically battery powered. They have a small mic used to pick up outside noise, and create an opposite sound wave to cancel that outside noise. In a quiet environment you can hear a low background hum. These work very well in airplanes because the constant drone of the engines is easy for the cancelling circuit to "hear" and "cancel". Buses and subways they work OK. Again the engine noise or track/road noise is easy to pick up and cancel. They will not cancel a crying baby or Crackberry-heads ...

These are really good headphones at twice the price. At this price, I have already gotten 3x2 ...

A woot minion since 2006 ...

opusP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opusP

My 2 boys go through headphones like a warm knife through butter! I'm in for 3 sets.

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt

wonders how so many people have so many questions / complaints about earbuds that cost like 5 dollars a pair after shipping...

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills

wootbadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootbadger

Does anyone have experience working out with these? able to stay in the ear effectively?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
wootbadger wrote:Does anyone have experience working out with these? able to stay in the ear effectively?

It seems to depend on the user's ear. They stay in my ears, but one of my teenage sons finds they slip out a lot.

NightGhost

zolttt wrote:wonders how so many people have so many questions / complaints about earbuds that cost like 5 dollars a pair after shipping...

1) They cost more elsewhere.

2) Your math is off.

3) This is Woot, mon! We don't just want cheap stuff. We want cheap GOOD stuff!

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour
wootbadger wrote:Does anyone have experience working out with these? able to stay in the ear effectively?

Not these specifically, but if you have trouble with the original iPod buds, or the buds that come with the much-loved-by-woot-especially-refurbed Sansa Clip/Clip+, then you will have trouble with these.

If your workout consists of pushing/pulling/lifting, they can work; running/jogging/jumping ... probably not.

YMMV ...

A woot minion since 2006 ...

djdedd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djdedd

I'm in for a pair of pairs. I don't really need these to block out a lot of outside noise, so I don't mind them being the old-school type buds. Just hoping the plastic coating doesn't go hard like my RCA phones. I was dumb to miss the ones a few months ago with the in-line volume control - I won't make the same mistake this time.

jakpot007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakpot007

Skull Candy or nothing for me

pidginbil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pidginbil

While not audiophile quality, I've owned this brand and style for several years. At this price, its a no brainer if you want replacements for iPod OEM headphones. Pass on these if you want to spend more, want noise-canelling or a different style: in-canal or earmuffs. Everyone else: enjoy the great price.

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait

Woot writers - you've hit a new high/low (pick one depending on your point of view). Today's write up even beats the product description for the "Hammock Chair of Death (2 pack)". Up until now, that was the single greatest product description you produced E-VAR!!!

If AP actually coughs up the change, you should run a contest to decide how to best spend your $17.50.

rymd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rymd

Someone really messed up the product description as these are earbuds, not in-ear headphones.. o.O

Anyways, these earbuds aren't something I would settle with for years, but they're PERFECT for giving to your little sister or something to replace her iBuds or Gumys or whatever multicoloured plastic crap she bought at Wal-Mart for $10, and then again to replace itself once she breaks them. Amazon lists these as $10 retail, so I would think this is a really good deal.

G5dude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages G5dude

Okay, first of all disclosure. I was a stringer for UPI (a.k.a. Unpaid Photographers International) for several years while I was in j-school.

But I find The AP's stealing of your content to be unconsionable. But then, that's the way The AP rolls. They have stolen the work of photographers for years and years by forcing them to hand over copyright if they dare want to be a part of The AP stringer crew. And well, that just makes me think you're not going to get a red cent from them. Stingy buggers.

(edited after having coffee)

Eric

paxt0n

quality posts: 6 Private Messages paxt0n

I must have odd ear holes, because these kind of ear buds always fall out.

Of course, it has to be asked if these will work with the new iPhone #4. I wonder if having them plugged in while making a phone call will increase reception? You wouldn't be able to have a conversation, but at least you might get reception!

robbyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbyy

These are, without a doubt the best ear bud-style headphones I have ever owned. I have bought 10 pairs of various headphones from Shure, Dr. Dre Beats, Sony, with a number of Apple in between. Buy these. The sound is fantastic.

NightGhost

Woot staff wrote:

NightGhost didn't actually visit Expo TV, but found a good video review there.

Omelets made greasy - does that mean Woot has hacked into my network and is datamining every site I visit?

Actually, I did visit the site, and I saw the old bearded guy who gave the review.

stevec5000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevec5000

Why do companies keep making these worthless earphones that have no way to keep them in the ear?

lotusstp

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lotusstp

And some people, like my daughter, prefer these over the in-ear style. YMMV...

dkalnz wrote:Um, no, these won't drown out anything. These aren't "in-ear" headphones. In- ear means there's rubber or foam in your ear canal. These just sit in the cradle of your ear like any other cheap crap headphones. Like iPod headphones. Official statement: Pffft.

cestlamort

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cestlamort

I've had various versions of Sennheiser low-end earbuds over the years (first came free with some Iriver ipod rival back in the day). They sound very good, far better than the apple ones or (shudder) some sony ones that came with my psp years back.

Clear highs and decent lows. They do fit better without the foam and some people might have issues with them falling out when active. (We all have different shaped ear canals and I would really not rather visualize that at this juncture).

In for 2x2. Well worth it to not have to worry about losing headphones for quite a while.

Devynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Devynn
cubbiemi wrote:Please let us know if the AP pays up.
Its so cute when they want everyone to play by the rules and they feel they don't have to.

Shame your not copyrighting your work, when they steal that you get 150K...

What do you mean they aren't copyrighting their work? US copyright law states everything is copyrighted from the moment it is created. Therefore this post is copyright 2010. Any quoting of this post is henceforth illegal and will be subject to my harsh reply back to it.

NightGhost

Devynn wrote:Any quoting of this post is henceforth illegal and

Nyahh nyahh!

Sorry!

(ducks)

tonyeye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonyeye
a1102688 wrote:The is great products

There's a stellar review.

jaredlinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredlinder
NightGhost wrote:True that.

edit: I did mention that these might be safer than the in-canal type. Some users also report that they find them more comfortable.

another further different edit: Sennheiser calls these "street headphones." "Gangsta buds" is right out, though.

has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Viggo Mortensen?

jpzsports

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpzsports

Would these earbuds fit in my iPod Touch DLO Jam Jacket? It stores the headphones in the back and I'm wondering if they'd fit. I'm not sure how the dimensions compare to the iBuds...

Here's what the case looks like:
DLO Jam Jacket Case
Any ideas?

winkin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winkin

These don't have the dreaded one headphone cord being longer than the other, do they?

NightGhost

jaredlinder wrote:has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Viggo Mortensen?

I do get that a lot. My sword's bigger, though.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Disappointed, Woot!

Now that the US is out of the FIFA 2010 World Cup, I was expecting this 2-For-Tuesday to be offering up some of those amazing and now "discontinued" "US World Cup"-themed vuvuzelas to give to the kids to play with when they go back to the ex-wife.

Maybe next week, eh?

bearjazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearjazz
jakpot007 wrote:Skull Candy or nothing for me

You're kidding, right? Skull Candy has to be one of the most overhyped, overpriced, and cheaply made brand of headphones on the market. They appeal to aesthetics FAR more than they do to quality.

tommmooo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommmooo

anyone know if these are decent?

imajoebob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imajoebob

Incredible! Both the price and the fact i just bought new earphones 2 weeks ago.

If I hadn't bought hem, I'd pay 12 bucks for ONE pair of these, never mind two. These are better than any included ear bud, including Apple. They're clear, crisp, and not tinny. They don't have monster bass, but it's certainly good enough for the gym or commuting.

If you want subwoofer bass, buy a pair of their noise isolating buds. If you just need great sound, buy these, now. if you just bought a pair of Sennheiser's two weeks ago, commiserate.

pakratt1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pakratt1991

<3 you guys Woot

beasy22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beasy22

How is that Not a Bad Beat?!?

Woot-Tang Killa Bees We Ona Swarm!

nickacumberland

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nickacumberland

Cool! Woot got a mention over on TechDirt today for mentioning the AP and "fair use". Go woot!

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100706/01260510077.shtml

Jeezus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeezus

So is someone going to post this page to Failblog.org a a "Win!"?

NightGhost

nickacumberland wrote:Cool! Woot got a mention over on TechDirt today for mentioning the AP and "fair use". Go woot!

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100706/01260510077.shtml

This made me cackle:

"An apparently upset AP media relations person has contacted us to ask us if it's a 'slow news day' (answer: no, not at all -- why do you ask?)."

I may have to delete my bookmark to AP.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Will these work with my iPhone 4?

rmallon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmallon

"Sennheiser In-Ear Headphones - 2 Pack"

This is why you never buy earbuds from Woot on any day except Tuesday. One earbud looks funny and sounds really crappy.

April Fool 2008 Big o' Cosmos Survivor

NightGhost

mattlscc wrote:Will these work with my iPhone 4?

Yep.

heffie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heffie

these are made in either Korea or China, not actually by Sennheiser in Germany.

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg

I humbly suggest doing some research on counterfeit earbuds.

Search here: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Sennheiser+fakes

And a community dedicated to fake earphones:
http://fakeheadphones.com/