wwkayaker22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwkayaker22

I guess I'm in for a set.

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino

ARGH! I got all excited when I saw Sennheiser in-ears only to discover they're not in-ears.

EAR BUDS ARE NOT IN-EARS.

In-ears rock.

Ear buds suck.

*sigh*

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino
stevec5000 wrote:Why do companies keep making these worthless earphones that have no way to keep them in the ear?

I've been pondering that question myself.

capcross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capcross
paxt0n wrote:I must have odd ear holes, because these kind of ear buds always fall out.

I hear ya (pun intended). I wrestled in college, and my ears are all scarred and damaged ("cauliflower ear") and I can't use these things at all.

tejuino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tejuino

Why do they even make these hideous little things? By the time you've wrapped them around your ears and applied the duct tape to keep them from falling out their whole purpose of being barely perceptible is defeated.

scyld

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scyld

How sturdy are the cords on these things? They look delicate as all hell.

I took advantage of the relatively recent MEElectronics G6 earbuds woot! (which I cannot find unfortunately in teh woots's search), and the reason why I love them is because the cord is so very durable that I will not be going through a pair of earbuds every few months as before.

Also, the fact that the sound isolation is quite good and the sound quality is good doesn't hurt either.

daneyuleb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daneyuleb
hintysen wrote:Hey Woot writers, you're dead wrong....

The AP story you linked to lifted 24 words from your blog -- all in quotations, very clearly attributed. The quotations constitute less than 2 percent of the original blog. Plus, it's a company's CEO talking about company news. As such, it falls clearly within fair use guidelines....

Uh, yeah, but here's what the AP's crack "iCopyright" (hello, Apple iTradeMark police?) team had to say about that:

...there is no specific number of words or lines that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission. ...

Some useful questions when doing your analysis include:
* Is the work that was excerpted highly creative?
* Are you publishing the excerpt widely, such as on the Web?

Answering "Yes" to any of the above questions is cause for serious reflection before assuming "fair use" or "fair dealing" applies.

So, yeah...the AP disregarded their own made-up rules. They're lucky Woot only wants $17.50--Woot could easily have added pain and suffering and squeezed another $2.50 out of 'em. I'd suggest they go for loss of consortium damages, too, but I've seen pictures of the Woot guys--they'd have to find consortium before they could lose it.

golasalle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golasalle
jpzsports wrote:Would these earbuds fit in my iPod Touch DLO Jam Jacket? It stores the headphones in the back and I'm wondering if they'd fit. I'm not sure how the dimensions compare to the iBuds...

Here's what the case looks like:
DLO Jam Jacket Case
Any ideas?

I have a pair of MX500's in my Gen 1 iPod Touch Jam Jacket and while not perfect, work out well for me. I leave a little slack for the plug, wrap it around and you're all set. Unfortunately, the Sennheiser's have a right angle plug and not straight- but the sound quality is worth it.

I'm in for 2!!

These opinions are mine alone and should not be attributed to anyone/anything that I am associated with...and you probably won't since I babble alot!!!

rolefourlife

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolefourlife

I'm in for a matching pair. Though these ones are $6 more than my last pair. Caution : never buy electronics or accessories from the dollar store.

reverman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverman

Bought these just because of the post. Plus I can always use more earbuds.

blueconversechucks

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blueconversechucks
kjrehberg wrote:I humbly suggest doing some research on counterfeit earbuds.

Search here: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Sennheiser+fakes

And a community dedicated to fake earphones:
http://fakeheadphones.com/

Are you suggesting that woot is selling counterfeits? I checked your links and didn't see any reference to this model (Sennheiser MX400).

I agree it's important to be aware of counterfeiters selling items, especially on eBay and on Amazon & Pricegrabber storefronts.

But I would think shopping on woot would insulate you from that risk. Your post is a little vague so it's hard to tell what you're getting at.

blueconversechucks

The condition says "new bulk". Does that mean it won't come with the little plastic case with spool action?

serianni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages serianni

Ugh I'm so mad. The best deal of the day was on Sellout and I went to go buy it this morning and it was already sold out!

blueconversechucks

In reference to the counterfeit discussion, here's Sennheiser's list of authorized online retailers.

Woot's not on it.

I don't doubt that everything is on the up-and-up, but I hope woot didn't get hoodwinked, because trying to get reimbursed for a fake, after you've purchased it, is SO annoying.

ThreeLeafIvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThreeLeafIvy
blueconversechucks wrote:The condition says "new bulk". Does that mean it won't come with the little plastic case with spool action?

Doesn't look or sound like it.

jpzsports

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpzsports
golasalle wrote:I have a pair of MX500's in my Gen 1 iPod Touch Jam Jacket and while not perfect, work out well for me. I leave a little slack for the plug, wrap it around and you're all set. Unfortunately, the Sennheiser's have a right angle plug and not straight- but the sound quality is worth it.

I'm in for 2!!

Thanks for the reply. So you're saying that they do fit well enough right?

And by the picture, it looks straight to me.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
blueconversechucks wrote:The condition says "new bulk". Does that mean it won't come with the little plastic case with spool action?

'Fraid not...

"In the box:

2 pairs of Sennheiser MX400 In-Ear Headphones with Ear Cushions"

nesler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nesler
blueconversechucks wrote:In reference to the counterfeit discussion, here's Sennheiser's list of authorized online retailers.

Woot's not on it.

I don't doubt that everything is on the up-and-up, but I hope woot didn't get hoodwinked, because trying to get reimbursed for a fake, after you've purchased it, is SO annoying.

....facepalm.

You do understand how Woot works, right? Of course they aren't a regular retailer for them. Woot deals with closeouts, oversupply, refurbs, crap like that. They aren't a regular retailer for anybody.

Although back in the day, they did come quite close when it came to Sansa products. Or at least it felt like it.

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome
Tarantino wrote:I've been pondering that question myself.

Sigh... Really made for Ferengi; wrong planet Woot!

weblaureate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weblaureate

beautifully inspiration blog post. fighting the power with power (the stuff that flow through the ear buds). genius!

and, also, thank you for through your most thoughtful and inspirational work, i too was inspired in ways most notable (at least i think so) in ways of woot, ap, and beef ;) http://web-poet.com/2010/07/06/woot/

Kailen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kailen

Don't care too much about the product today, but the blog post was great. ;)

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088

I must as well jump on the bandwagon for Sennheiser as well. I've had a pair of Hd-595s for years and they are by far the best headphones of any kind I have ever tried.

I have also shocked many a friend by gifting a pair of inexpensive Sennheiser earbuds and earphones for their various ipods and every one has been amazed by the quality. Can't recommend these enough! Price is right if they're genuine too.

md1088

alexjensentx wrote:these look like pieces-o-sheit

Youuuu need to learn a thing or two about different audio companies' reputations.

md1088

bearjazz wrote:You're kidding, right? Skull Candy has to be one of the most overhyped, overpriced, and cheaply made brand of headphones on the market. They appeal to aesthetics FAR more than they do to quality.

Well said.

golasalle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golasalle
jpzsports wrote:Thanks for the reply. So you're saying that they do fit well enough right?

And by the picture, it looks straight to me.

You're right...they are straight. They should fit the Jam Jacket a whole lot better than my 500's!!

These opinions are mine alone and should not be attributed to anyone/anything that I am associated with...and you probably won't since I babble alot!!!

f4phantom2500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f4phantom2500

These are not In-Ear headphones, they're earbuds. In-Ear Monitors are the kind that actually go into your ear canal and create a sound isolating seal, similar to earplugs.

f4phantom2500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f4phantom2500
md1088 wrote:Youuuu need to learn a thing or two about different audio companies' reputations.

These are quite low end. Just because they're Sennheiser doesn't mean they'll provide good SQ...but I still wouldn't buy Skullcandies...

middlehead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages middlehead
nesler wrote:
You do understand how Woot works, right? Of course they aren't a regular retailer for them. Woot deals with closeouts, oversupply, refurbs, crap like that. They aren't a regular retailer for anybody.

Although back in the day, they did come quite close when it came to Sansa products. Or at least it felt like it.

I was going to make a Roomba joke if you hadn't finished with Sansa

McDealerWTF

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McDealerWTF

Hey woot!

Congratulations on the Amazon thing - and on 6+ years of providing great deals. The best is yet to come, eh?

Good luck!

Oh, and these headphones ROCK .. if I didn't have about 6 pr as backups, I'd buy more, but my drawer runneth over right now.

<my first woot 8/13/2004>

iheartgreenmore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iheartgreenmore
mike808 wrote:Disappointed, Woot!

Now that the US is out of the FIFA 2010 World Cup, I was expecting this 2-For-Tuesday to be offering up some of those amazing and now "discontinued" "US World Cup"-themed vuvuzelas to give to the kids to play with when they go back to the ex-wife.

Maybe next week, eh?

I wish I wish I wish!!!

iheartgreenmore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iheartgreenmore
NightGhost wrote:Confucius say He who take Woot blog too seriously should not play Twister with drunken hippopotamus.

I like this.

willhopkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willhopkins

Woot: 1
AP: 0

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/06/ap-woot-oil-spill/

Hilarious.

heffie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heffie
kjrehberg wrote:I humbly suggest doing some research on counterfeit earbuds.

Search here: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Sennheiser+fakes

And a community dedicated to fake earphones:
http://fakeheadphones.com/

That wasn't what I was suggesting. Sennheiser only makes the top end studio headphones ($300 and up)in Germany. Anything of a lesser price is made in outsourced factories, under their supervision. I'm sure they're perfectly legit, but they're not "real" Sennheisers.

iman453

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iman453

Has anyone's order been shipped as yet?

harrkev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harrkev
iman453 wrote:Has anyone's order been shipped as yet?

Not mine! Even Amazon super-saver shipping is faster -- and cheaper.

Come on, Woot. You are Amazon now. Get with the program!

Meh.

lsandy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lsandy

Mine arrived on Saturday......fastest delivery every with smartpost. I still haven't received tracking information. The earbuds weren't in a retail package: just the buds and earcovers in a plain plastic bag.

agt37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agt37

I just received my pair out here in sunny SoCal. Snailpost hasn't done me dirty, yet.
Thanks Woot, & Happy 6th Anniversary

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen

Three bags of Texas air, two sets of headphones. Awesome.

mikehsk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikehsk

Got mine in Tennessee already, yet I haven't received a tracking number.