3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Iris USOA447 IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner w/ Readiris Pro 11, Cardiris 3 Software

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wooters.us - I love the song

IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner [New] - $69.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Iris USOA447 IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner w/ Readiris Pro 11, Cardiris 3 Software

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus

will this work with linux?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

whirly22

quality posts: 18 Private Messages whirly22

http://www.irislink.com/c2-1656-189/IRIScan-2-------Overview-of-IRIScan-2-Portable-Scanner.aspx

Product Page

csimmon1

quality posts: 55 Private Messages csimmon1

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

I can't believe it's not a NeatReceipts! 8-O

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

whirly22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Tyk7fXw0Y

And here is a tigerdirect video review by a guy with a funky accent.

[MOD: [ url ] and [ /url ] (minus spaces) are your friend for making links]

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

From the first look at the picture I thought it was another version of Neat Receipts and the respective Neat Scanner, which I happened to own (thanks to Woot Gods for dropping one into my BоC a few months back)...

But looks like it's something very different...

Anyone knows how this one compares to Neat Scanner? Both hardware and included software (s/w that comes with Neat is pretty good as far as I'm concerned)...

csimmon1

comboed with top ocr makes it easyer to turn docs into text

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

While it SAYS portable, I wouldn't want to have to lug this around all day if I could help it. Perfect though if you need to scan documents from your car or mobile place of business.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus

whats the single pass speed?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

vladistov

quality posts: 50 Private Messages vladistov

Is this device safe for those required to wear a necktie in the workplace?

Molaki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Molaki

Is the software hard to use, how's it's interface?

gty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gty

For a second I thought this was a portable EYEBALL iris scanner... for eye-scanning security applications. It immediately tripped my "Wow! Cool!" reflex... immediately followed by the "But Why Would Anyone Need That To Be Portable?" reflex. Followed shortly by the "Doh! I totally misunderstood" reflex.

wootAndTheWay

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootAndTheWay

I have this exact scanner at my desk at work. I've had it for about 2 years and it's still working fine.

Cons

One word: SLOOOOOOOOOW

Luckily I only have to scan in maybe 5-10 documents a week in order to do my job. So if you do a lot of scanning, this is NOT the scanner for you. I would also say that for my purposes it's fine, but it doesn't offer really high quality images.

Pro

It doesn't take up a whole lot of real estate on my desk.

Character is what you do when no one is looking.

motioncitymanic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages motioncitymanic

Anyone know what the scan speed is for max resolution?

whirly22

For your information wooternauts, those are links, just not hotlinks.

Harumph.

[MOD: Excuse me. Could you HOTLINK them in the future, please?]

jambajuice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jambajuice

Had one of these at work that we ordered for a user. It was a POS and we sent it back! The software interface was crap and the scanner made the scanned photo look like newsprint. IRIS support was non-existent. Seemed like they're more interested in selling their software and packaged a 3rd party scanner hardware along with their product. Would not recommend.

beagleboy99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages beagleboy99

I spent 5 years on the road every week, and had a very similar unit (nearly identical appearance) with a different brand name. If you travel on business, you need one of these. Saved my behind many times-even if I got stuck in the middle of nowhere I could still submit my receipts. It was also great when a client had a printed document that I needed a copy of. The PDF conversion is great and gives you nice compact file sizes. Mine took travel 50 weeks a year in my laptop case (where the power block usually went) and lasted for 5 years of that abuse.

NightGhost

cnet review

ZDnet

fact sheet (this seems to be all the manual you get)

csimmon1

Molaki wrote:Is the software hard to use, how's it's interface?

drop the software use windows fax and scan then use top ocr free to convert to text

raubin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages raubin

The included ReadIris software for Mac (version 11) is an older version that will likely NOT run on any recent vintage of Mac OS/X (10.5 or 10.6) - in my experience and that of others at Amazon.

csimmon1

does it scan both sides at once (duplex)

jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325

The reviews at amazon are not great, apparently the support from the company is what most people were unhappy about. But, it is an exceptionally good price for the product itself, if you are in the market for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Iris-USOA447-IRIScan-Express-Portable/dp/B000V9OD1C

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

daddax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daddax

sweet i need one of these and i think my company will pay for it just so they don't have to deal with faxed receipts (which I do just to piss them off)

NightGhost

You can download drivers here.

worldanh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages worldanh

Is this one USB powered. Does it require two cables?

NightGhost

worldanh wrote:Is this one USB powered. Does it require two cables?

Yes. No.

NightGhost

Okay, this is weird. I was looking at the forum page (i.e. this page), and every post had an IP address above it (in the green bar, after the time). Then I clicked "refresh," and they were gone.

NightGhost

csimmon1 wrote:does it scan both sides at once (duplex)

I'm going to go out on a short limb and say no, without doing any research. This is designed for maximum portability, and a duplex scanner would necessarily be bigger than a single-side scanner.

A lot of the negative reviews I've read center on the price, scan quality and speed relative to flatbed scanners. Woot's price for this new scanner is much lower than other vendors. And yes - you'll sacrifice some quality and plenty of speed in return for portability - that's the nature of this beast.

You can also scan books, cardboard, etc. with a flatbed.

I had something like this in the pre-USB days (Visioneer Paperport), and it involved the same tradeoffs. Use a flatbed in the office, but if you're a road warrior who needs a scanner, this is very convenient.

kpmedia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpmedia

Here's a video of an actual scan being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6XlAhKUjoY

It's an old HSN ad. She inserts the photo at 5:55, starts the scan at about 6:00, and it's done around 6:15. Supposedly that was a 600dpi scan. You can tell her moving it around wasn't good, though, notice the scan on her screen afterwards. But leaving it still, it might be fine.

She's not bad on the eyes, either.

Regardless of all the bad reviews, I think I'll buy one. I'm not Mac, I'm not Vista/Win7, so no worries about drivers/etc. I want one purely for receipt scans.

aleve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aleve
LEM- wrote:From the first look at the picture I thought it was another version of Neat Receipts and the respective Neat Scanner, which I happened to own (thanks to Woot Gods for dropping one into my BоC a few months back)...

But looks like it's something very different...

Anyone knows how this one compares to Neat Scanner? Both hardware and included software (s/w that comes with Neat is pretty good as far as I'm concerned)...

Doesn't look like it is better than the Neat Receipts scanner or software according to the reviews on Amazon. Sticking with my Neat. Good luck all.

spizmar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages spizmar
csimmon1 wrote:does it scan both sides at once (duplex)

The real solution - get two, duct tape them together so the output of the first leads to the input of the second, and the second is upside down. You have to have two laptops, and push the buttons at just the right time, but that's child's play compared to flipping the page over and scanning it twice.
;^P

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

This is the same price they were selling the Neat Receipts scanner for not too far back.

Problem is, this thing is only about 30% as good.

deGravity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deGravity

Does anyone know how well this integrates with OneNote?

ever-on49

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ever-on49
spizmar wrote:The real solution - get two, duct tape them together so the output of the first leads to the input of the second, and the second is upside down. You have to have two laptops, and push the buttons at just the right time, but that's child's play compared to flipping the page over and scanning it twice.
;^P

Amazing solution! Ahh, duct tape, is there anything you can't do?

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
kpmedia wrote:Here's a video of an actual scan being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6XlAhKUjoY

She's not bad on the eyes, either.

Her laptop was in the way, I had to look at her face to see if she's cute or not....

toniob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toniob

I have a Neat Receipts Scanner but don't like it, prefer the Canon Lide. When I travel I now take a Casio Exlim digital camera - Woot bought - and take pictures of receipts. Much better, have the JPGs which I can print.

beagleboy99 wrote:I spent 5 years on the road every week, and had a very similar unit (nearly identical appearance) with a different brand name. If you travel on business, you need one of these. Saved my behind many times-even if I got stuck in the middle of nowhere I could still submit my receipts. It was also great when a client had a printed document that I needed a copy of. The PDF conversion is great and gives you nice compact file sizes. Mine took travel 50 weeks a year in my laptop case (where the power block usually went) and lasted for 5 years of that abuse.