+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Apple iPod Touch 8GB (Current Generation)

Speed to First Woot:
8m 54.000s
First Sucker:
CCGregorySEA
Last Wooter to Woot:
phbigred
Last Purchase:
4 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 41% of Woot.com Woots
Top 28% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 4% of Woot.com Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 28% first woot
  • 11% second woot
  • 32% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 11% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 23% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 4% one month old
  • 17% one year old
  • 55% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 89% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
1%
1%
1%
2%
4%
8%
9%
9%
8%
7%
6%
5%
4%
4%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Apple iPod Touch 8GB (Current Generation)
$129.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Apple MC086LL/A iPod Touch 8GB (Current Generation)

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

Here's Amazon

Anyone else notice all of Woot crash?

whcodered

quality posts: 11 Private Messages whcodered

The Woot servers definitely took a dump tonight, huh?

Anyway, this is a better deal than from Apple themselves. Check it out: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC086?mco=MTM3NzY1NzA

That's the refurb from Apple, so it's a direct comparison.

Also keep in mind that they usually release an updated version of the iPod touch in early September.

Electrohacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Electrohacker

or you could subscribe to comcast cable's triple play fro a two year contract and receive one of these as a bonus gift

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

TheSporkWithin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheSporkWithin

It's worth pointing out that while this is a "current generation" model, it has the processing power of the 2nd generation of iPod touch, not the 3rd. This puts it somewhere between the iPhone 3G and the 3GS in terms of graphics abilities. That makes it fine for most things, but some newer games may not run, or have some graphical features disabled.

Armagedon

gwintner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gwintner

Anyone know how this price compares to what a new one goes for, what a refurb one goes for elsewhere, and what Woot has sold this for previously?

toddles12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddles12

So I assume that the silence in here confirms that there is some issue with the woot! servers after the regularly scheduled maintenance tonight?

Looks like a pretty sweet price on the iTouch.....wish I could get my order to go through.....

NightGhost

rbarger

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rbarger

This is a good product. I purchased one for my daughter and son and they both love it. Looks like a great price as on EBay used they seem to go for around $111 to $130 not including shipping. I found one for example at $125 + shipping, but it also has about 11 months of AppleCare left on it. In any case this looks like a great deal; bear in mind it is likely Apple is planning on announcing something new soon, as it has been longer than usual since they announced a new iPod. Reference for EBAY iPod: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160459493025

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

New ones are $199 on Apple site. These things are awesome, I just love mine to pieces. Tons of fun, I can't put it down.

Here's a C-Net video review

Ezlpo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ezlpo

It may be 110+ degrees in Phoenix every day, but this deal will make Christmas shopping 50% complete.

I realize that there is a real chance there will be a better iPod Touch deal in the next 5 months, but it won't be much better and there is a real chance there won't be a better deal in the future.

In for 3.

cremeens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cremeens

Perfect gift for the parents in their 70s. Dad is a bit tech savvy and Mom is afraid. The touch is so easy that it might open up a whole new tech world.

Armagedon

coltsfan182006

quality posts: 24 Private Messages coltsfan182006

Jylissia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jylissia

a purchase of epic porportions

thegodfather572

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegodfather572

laniberms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laniberms

darn! i was hoping for a woot-off so i had an excuse to use my new woot-off lights!

DarkLazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkLazer

This is perfect. My girlfriends birthday is coming next month and I was thinking of getting her an 8GB iPod Touch. She always messes with mine when she comes over. This is a good $40 cheaper than what I was expecting to spend, good job woot!

pilote

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pilote

iTouch or iPhone; you're nobody if you don't have the apps...apps make the world function right...

ackmondual

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ackmondual

I purchased a 3rd gen, 32GB Ipod Touch (IpT) back in Dec. 2009. From my research on CNET, and online in general, I read up that the 3rd gen, 8 GB Ipod Touches (IpT) have the slower processors (and perhaps worse in other specs) compared to the 3rd gen 32 GB and 64 GB models. This may affect how certain resource heavy games, multimedia, and other types of software will run. They may not run, or as well, but those such apps should be in the minority (shouldn't affect casual users I'm sure).

Another thing is people generaly put music, pics, videos, and apps/games on their IpT. 8GB may not be enough. If buying it for casual users, then you're good. Otherwise, for the more heavy user....

most people own MP3 players, so they can be their own judege as to how much capacity they'll need.

... pics don't take up that much space....

... Videos WILL. If you like to rip alot of TV series episodes, DVD movies, or buy stuff right off of Itunes, then be prepared to trim some unneeded stuff to make room for others.

... I don't use any heavy duty apps, so can't comment on here....

... Games, I've got alot of. Over 5.5 GB of them! Many of the apps are as tiny as 5 to 30 MB. Others can be as big as 200 to 300 MB. For the large ones, they include some nicely done hit titles like Street Fighter IV. Or a Diablo clone called Dungeon Hunter. Several of those, or many more medium sized titles WILL eat up the Gigabytes. You can always delete stuff you don't play anymore, but dunno if you can backup save files though.

I'm glad I got a 32 GB version b/c I wanted that extra capacity. Many of the apps are either cheap or free. You may have to bite the bullet on some of them, but others, you can wait until they go on sale.

Amazon has a refurb here for $160.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-REFURBISHED/dp/B003TTERSU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279863214&sr=8-9

marriage is the price men pay for sex
sex is the price women pay for marriage

wendywc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendywc

Did woot change their policy with paypal tonight too? I can't use my paypal account; it must have a credit card listed with it, not just my bank account info.

Might as well just use a credit card, but I'm trying to get away from too much credit card use.

reverendc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverendc

I have the 32GB. Just like the iPhone, except no phone or camera.

Anyone else have a very slow woot page? I saw the "we are doing maintenance" screen earlier. Now it's just slow. Although http://deals.woot.com/ is just fine.

bugkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugkat

I am thinking of getting this it currently coasts 199 for a 8 gb at apple and I lost my last one after I stupidly went to go see eclipse,which is what I get for associating with anything that is the abomination that is twilight. I have looked at many other sites and stores this is one of the better deals!

ste3ve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ste3ve

sqerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sqerl
bnedella wrote:Blackra1n

An absolute MUST on the iTouch

especially a refurbished with no Apple warranty to void

what is it?

reverendc

I have the 32GB. Just like the iPhone, except no phone or camera.

Anyone else have a very slow woot page? I saw the "we are doing maintenance" screen earlier. Now it's just slow. Although http://deals.woot.com/ is just fine.

willgame4food

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willgame4food
bnedella wrote:Blackra1n

An absolute MUST on the iTouch

especially a refurbished with no Apple warranty to void

screw blackra1n! its been known to cause bricking more often and be less stable. Redsn0w all the way!

reverendc

I have the 32GB. Great device. Just like the iPhone, except no phone or camera.

willgame4food

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willgame4food
Ezlpo wrote:It may be 110+ degrees in Phoenix every day, but this deal will make Christmas shopping 50% complete.

I realize that there is a real chance there will be a better iPod Touch deal in the next 5 months, but it won't be much better and there is a real chance there won't be a better deal in the future.

In for 3.

actually, it will be immensely better. theye say current gen, but the fact is, the 8gb never got a 3rd gen. this is a second gen! so the 4th gen will kick its ass

Armagedon

Just so everyone knows, these support AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV audio formats; H.264 and MPEG-4 video formats; JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF

goukanomegami

quality posts: 2 Private Messages goukanomegami

According to the apple website:

This same iPod Touch goes for $199 brand new, which makes this a good deal. At the same time, the 32 GB is selling brand new for $299, which in terms of total gigs per dollar ratio, is still a better deal. the 64 GB for $399 is probably the best deal, if you can spend that much. Haha.

NightGhost

My personal review, updated:

We are a family of 4, and we own 4 iPod touches. When I first got mine, I was thinking that it was nice to have an mp3 player that could also surf the web. Then my wife and I went to the movies, and she dropped the cover to my ebook reader, and couldn't find it in the dark. A nice guy behind us said "don't you have the free flashlight function on your iTouch?" and helped us find the cover.

Of course, you can read ebooks on the iPod touch too.

Later that day we had to drive to an office, and my wife panicked because she didn't know how to get to the address, and had left her GPS at work. iPod touch to the rescue again. Note that the Touch has a GPS-like feature that uses WiFi.

It even has an app ($10) that lets me watch TV broadcasts from my Hava Titanium HD (got it on Woot!).

I was never an Apple fan, but...

that only begins to explain why the iPod touch is my favorite gadget.

And many of the best apps and games are free, or very inexpensive. I've been playing the Texas Hold-em game lately.

I also like 5-0 Radio, which lets you listen to local police and emergency broadcasts. I get the game scores with the CBS Sports app, and of course, it has the great Woot app!

I've also been using mine to listen to audiobooks. And today I used it to settle an argument about local street names.

You can see movie ratings with the imdb app, and then see where they're playing with Flixster. And sometimes you just want to set an alarm...

Lately I've been listening to the BBC broadcast of Lord Of The Rings on it.

And if you want accessories, such as speakers, alarm clocks, docking stations, etc. - there are many more made for iPods than for any other company's players.

It's much, much more than an mp3 player.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wendywc wrote:Did woot change their policy with paypal tonight too? I can't use my paypal account; it must have a credit card listed with it, not just my bank account info.

Might as well just use a credit card, but I'm trying to get away from too much credit card use.

That's always been the case. Since we are reserving a product for you, we require that there be a second source in PayPal in the event there's a problem with the first.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

terbearco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terbearco

cool deal!

Armagedon

You can download the newest version of iTunes for free here!

bnedella

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bnedella

WootWatch App

Also a MUST HAVE for the iPod Touch

The Big o' Cosmos is my white-whale. So little sleep, so much disappointment.

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

I really like this. It's a scale model iPad for a scale model price!