cyd1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyd1

No Remote! No Deal!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

boydie1122 wrote:Do amazon links not work?

They do but for some reason, people aren't making them clickable links.

*glares*

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless
esushi wrote:Hey now, it has been three weeks and four days.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4048792

SEEMS like a week, doesn't it ;) ?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
ThunderThighs wrote:They do but for some reason, people aren't making them clickable links.

*glares*

Your wish is my command:

Amazon

alaTest links

[MOD: Har-dee-har-har]

aiiaznsk8er

quality posts: 6 Private Messages aiiaznsk8er
SuperTully wrote:OK, I see an input and an AUX Jack, but both look the same. Can someone explain the difference to me please?

The 'input' is for the main source, like your computer. The 'aux' is for a secondary source, like an mp3 player.

KGary231

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KGary231
aiiaznsk8er wrote:The 'input' is for the main source, like your computer. The 'aux' is for a secondary source, like an mp3 player.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering about that myself. These are pretty much just standard desktop speakers then.

frugalfreak

quality posts: 13 Private Messages frugalfreak

Looks like they may have followed BOSE's playbook.

stormjaden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormjaden

Anyone know if these will work wih a PS3? I need speakers!

siestafiesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages siestafiesta

Bought a set of these last time they were on. I use at my office with my Woot Sansa. Sub fits on the corner of my desk behind my monitor so it is easy to turn on/off.

For this price these are a great deal. Sound quality is good, volume is more than adequate for office or my apartment den 300 sq ft. If you expect to fill a house or get the quality of Klipsch you will be disappointed since that is not what these are for.

I am in for another set for the apartment.

chophouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chophouse

can I use as speakers for my iPhone?? I can only imagine the coming responses...

Raymond John Koenig

Pardon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pardon

I second the particular Klipsch Promedia recommendations. I just picked a pair up about 2 weeks ago and haven't plugged in my headphones even once since. These aren't bad for a netbook or something but they're far from amazing; I have a set for mine. As for the other question about drawing netbook power... they don't. They have a power brick.

armycop71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages armycop71

These speakers rock for the price. The sound quality is impressive for their size. I use them in the bedroom with my TV and they work great in a small room. They have plenty of bass and the highs are decent. Highly recomended!

elvestinkle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elvestinkle

Staples is having a sale for comparable speakers @ $20. Made by CyberAudio or somesuch.

freakdiablo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakdiablo
botkin wrote:is that lamp looking thing the bass??

Also, does this work with the netbooks? If so, how much extra battery life does it use?

Yes, that lamp thing is probably the sub (or "bass").

Also, you can use it with a netbook, just plug the main or aux input into the headphone jack. Since they are powered from an outlet, you wouldn't see any noticeable change in battery life, but since the speakers need an outlet if battery life is a problem you could always just plug the netbook in since you won't be walking around with these.

DallasLow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DallasLow

These speakers are great! I bought them when they were offered a few weeks back. They aren't the best speakers money can buy but for the price they are amazing! You must pick up a set of these babies!

jgiannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon
elvestinkle wrote:Staples is having a sale for comparable speakers @ $20. Made by CyberAudio or somesuch.

If you are going to compare these to something, you should probably tell us the actual model or not say anything at all.

I will assume you are talking about these, and you cannot even compare the two.

http://www.staples.com/Cyber-Acoustics-1.5-Watt-2-Piece-Desktop-Speaker-System/product_511282

vtwins11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtwins11

Is there a headphone jack on these.

bitethat

quality posts: 14 Private Messages bitethat

Geezum... is it really as small as it looks? :-/

Referral linking is not permitted.

dquaglietta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dquaglietta
dariussale wrote:if you want real speakers buy the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. best computer speakers on the market. its still being sold at Best Buy and Klipsch after 8+ years.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281848685&sr=8-4

http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-z-2300/4505-3179_7-30993080.html?tag=also

These are the best speakers on the market for 2.1 by far.

jamato1126

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jamato1126

The only complaint I see in the Amazon reviews is that they hiss. True?

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
botkin wrote:I also did some price review. It appears that this is a good deal for the item. The reviewers also seem to like it. Google was selling these new for about 70-80ish

Something tells me, based on your Woot name that you and I work together on occasion. It would be funny if we showed up onsite with the same speakers we each got from Woot, oh wait, except their not portable, oh darn.

xdavex

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex
hanqi wrote:Amazon lists them for $69.98.

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-Expressionist-PLUS-FX3021-Speaker/dp/B002BA596W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281848599&sr=8-1

Anyone have personal experience with these? Mostly good reviews there, just looking for another opinion.

I have these on my desktop paired up with some JBLs I had.
I'm impressed with them on their own, you can keep them personal or let your neighbors enjoy your tunes without distortion. They work fine with Sansa Clip and iPodTouch.

The sound is not tinny and the sub woofer is adjustable, so it can be subtle or rattle windows.

billveik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages billveik

found these Altec alternatives at Staples at one point for like 18 bucks.......used them on the netbook in the vacation cottage, watching movies like Saving Private Ryan using VLC Media player. Surprising results!

http://www.alteclansing.com/vs2620-pc-computer-speakers.html

Woo@@@@@@@ooT.........Ooops, was that me?
Beggin' your pardon, it must have been the w@@t soup.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
chophouse wrote:can I use as speakers for my iPhone?? I can only imagine the coming responses...

If your iPhone has a headphone jack which I am sure it does, you should be fine.

ftown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftown

works great with lappys & netbooks, great price too.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

Power ratings at 10% THD = Bovine Scat.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

SuperTully

quality posts: 32 Private Messages SuperTully
aiiaznsk8er wrote:The 'input' is for the main source, like your computer. The 'aux' is for a secondary source, like an mp3 player.

Ah, I see. I figured at first you could connect one or the other, not both simultaneously, but it all makes sense now.

I am considering buying these speakers not for my PC, but for my TV, which has no extra speakers attached to it at the moment, so that I can rock it out to Guitar Hero!

NJT - Woot!

redscot68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redscot68

NOOB question here: How do I, if it's still possible, link my facebook account to my woot account? Also, do you know if linking the accounts poses any "security risks" to either account?

TIA!

My Notable Woots

• Random Craps*1/28/10* *4/28/10* *5/6/10* *6/24/10* *9/22/10* *12/1/10* *3/9/11* *4/1/11 Level-1* *4/1/11 Level-2* *6/15/11* 11/9/11
  • Woot-Off Lights 2/25/10
    W/$10 Shirt.Woot Coupon 4/1/10
    W/Birthday Random Crap *7/12/10*
  • Screaming Monkeys 12/9/09 4/28/10 5/26/10 6/24/10 6/15/11 GIANT W/black cape 3/9/11
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Screaming Monkey 4/1/10

manhattnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manhattnik

I'd go for a Swans system. The venerable M200 is a bit out of this price range, but tremendous. For 2.1 systems, I've been very happy with my old Swans T-120s. Right now, you can get an M12 2.1 system on Amazon for $80, which looks like a tremendous steal.

http://www.amazon.com/Swans-M12-Powered-Multimedia-System/dp/B001UL7HRC

effro88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages effro88
botkin wrote:is that lamp looking thing the bass??

Also, does this work with the netbooks? If so, how much extra battery life does it use?

It plugs into the wall so it won't use any of your netbook's battery life but it will work quite well with any device that has a headphone jack! I bought these last time and I've loved them for the whole week I've had them so far! lol

blackredyellow79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackredyellow79

to the people who have bought this unit... how long is the input cable and how long is the AUX cable?

Random gristle x3
1/31/2007
5/9/2008
6/20/2008

botkin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages botkin

found a straight forward review.

The good: Decent sound for the money; bass is fairly tight; speakers are good-looking and relatively compact; satellites angle can be adjusted.

The bad: Audio inputs are on the subwoofer, making quick hook-ups to portable devices potentially inconvenient.

The bottom line: Altec Lansing's Expressionist Plus is a good compromise for someone looking for a compact, affordable 2.1 PC speaker set that delivers decent sound.

Source: http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/altec-lansing-expressionist-plus/4505-3179_7-33833509.html?tag=content;get-selector

armycop71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages armycop71
blackredyellow79 wrote:to the people who have bought this unit... how long is the input cable and how long is the AUX cable?

They only include one cable and it's about 6 feet long. It is a standard 3.5mm headphone jack cable.

tiptonhr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiptonhr

I bought these in the previous Woot for use on our porch when we're grilling out. I hook them up to my mp3 player and then box them back up when not in use. We grilled out last night and they sounded great. Excellent buy at that price. We're very happy with them.

msruru

quality posts: 15 Private Messages msruru
bitethat wrote:Geezum... is it really as small as it looks? :-/

This pic from Amazon, if not doctored, shows they are a pretty good size.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/B002BA596W-6-lg.jpg

markmreader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markmreader

Word to the wise - pray that you get a good unit. I bought this here last time around and one of the speakers has a defect, presumably a torn cone. I contacted Altec Lansing, and they told me that in order to get it replaced I had to pay to ship it back to them before I could get a replacement. To add insult to injury, even though it's just a tiny little speaker that's the problem, I have to ship back the whole unit including the heavy sub woofer.

A quality company pays for shipping on the return of defective units.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

These sound great bought them last time up...perfect for a computer!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
msruru wrote:This pic from Amazon, if not doctored, shows they are a pretty good size.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/B002BA596W-6-lg.jpg

From the item page:

Satellite Dimensions: 5.2" (W) x 4.2" (D) x 4.9" (H) -- 131 mm (W) x 107 mm (D) x 124 mm (H)

Subwoofer Dimensions: 10.4" (Diameter) x 6.1" (H) -- 263 mm (Diameter) x 156 mm (H)

blackredyellow79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackredyellow79
markmreader wrote:Word to the wise - pray that you get a good unit. I bought this here last time around and one of the speakers has a defect, presumably a torn cone. I contacted Altec Lansing, and they told me that in order to get it replaced I had to pay to ship it back to them before I could get a replacement. To add insult to injury, even though it's just a tiny little speaker that's the problem, I have to ship back the whole unit including the heavy sub woofer.

A quality company pays for shipping on the return of defective units.

wow! definitely not going to buy now.

Random gristle x3
1/31/2007
5/9/2008
6/20/2008

argymusashi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages argymusashi

I bought these during the last round here.

They're in my living room, with the subwoofer on the bottom shelf of the TV stand, and the speakers on the top shelf in front of the TV (they aren't tall enough to get in the way of the picture).

I bought a $3 cable with red and white AV plugs on one end and a single mini-jack plug on the other. So, I was able to hook the speakers up to my Samsung flat-panel TV. It sounds way better than the TV's internal speakers. I also use the speakers for playing music from my laptop -- they were more than sufficient at a recent housewarming party.

The only downside is the lack of a remote. You have to get up and adjust the subwoofer and speaker volume separately.