Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if we hid a coupon code in a podcast that only worked once, so the first wooter to try it got today's product free? And then wouldn't it be awesome if the whole idea actually worked as planned? Well, we managed to get the first part right in today's Wootcast, "I Sliced an Avocado". If you sat through four-and-a-half of the dopiest, most inane minutes of novelty music this side of Rednex, you heard the coupon code. But if you tried to use it, well, that's where things broke down. Note to coders: the difference between an empty string and a null string is surprisingly significant.

What to do, what to do? Since nobody else has a stronger claim and it'd be a shame to let a perfectly good AVOCADOBUTT go to waste, we're awarding the coupon code (and hence, the free Ecomposter) to a wooter by the name of chris12345 (pictured at left). He was the first Wootcast listener to post a comment on the podcast discussion thread, so if this somewhat arbitrary choice offends your sense of fair play, consider it a reward for participating in the Woot forums.

chris12345 says he's been listening to the Wootcast since early 2009 because "It's usually funny, and Matthew has a nice voice." His favorites are the many Shanties of Bluetooth - but even that kind of experience doesn't prepare one for an onslaught of irritation like "I Sliced an Avocado". How'd you endure it, chris12345? "I was reading through some things on Deals.Woot at the time," he reports. "It may have distracted me just enough that I still got the gist of the podcast without my brain turning to mush." Deals.Woot: protecting brains from Wootcast-induced mushification since 2009.

But remember, chris12345, if you ever do find your brain going mushy, don't just flush it down the toilet like most people would. Put it to good use with your brand-new Ecomposter!

eh270

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eh270

Can I get a t-shirt with the lyrics printed on it?

2xMicro Remote Control Helicopter, 2x LG Bluetooth Headset, US Modular 8GB USB2.0 Monstor Mini Hard Disk Drive (cheap & now busted), Connect3D 4GB Secure Digital Memory Card, Prevention Blood Pressure Monitor (to the moon, alice), iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110), R/C Super Flying Saucer, Acer Aspire Athlon 64 Desktop Computer, Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio, Pedroncelli Quartet

1st place place, Contest 159

StudsMcgee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StudsMcgee

I dunno. I still think it was the guy on the grassy knoll.

And that they must have shot the programming part of your developer's brains.

Do you guys just put anything into production environments?

What if that had resulted in everyone who bought a eco composter getting it for free?

mjvaughn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjvaughn

Everyone knows you can't put MEAT in the composter, only vegetable and plant material. Duh!

Bazinga!

Renratca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Renratca

Wait, Did he use the coupon code? I tried to and it did not work so I assumed the code was used..

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
StudsMcgee wrote:I dunno. I still think it was the guy on the grassy knoll.

And that they must have shot the programming part of your developer's brains.

Do you guys just put anything into production environments?

What if that had resulted in everyone who bought a eco composter getting it for free?

I found an image of the "guy"...

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010

Are you telling me it's just a coincidence that he has an image of the eComposter on his avatar's T-shirt?

I smell a conspiracy!

What's that you say? It's Sputnik?
MY POINT EXACTLY!!!

CraigStuntz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CraigStuntz

You might want to gently suggest to your developers that they turn on Code Analysis, which will cause the build to fail if they do things like comparing a string with null instead of using string.IsNullOrEmpty(). And hundreds of other possible programming errors.

Gently.

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Congratulations chris12345!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

spacewalkernyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacewalkernyc

You guys don't have a String Util Class to handle Strings of all shapes and sizes??

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
faughtey wrote:Congratulations chris12345!

Thanks, faughtey.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Hey! I came in second place!

In other words, I am the first loser!!

Congrats Chris12345...

-=C=-