mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Thank you woot, for not introducing this during a woot off.

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

Wow!
That's the nicest clothes rack i have seen in awhile.

People buy these new still? seems like rich lazy people toss these out all the time.

I got one for my dog but it seems he prefered walking on the ground and it was taking up too much space in his house, he kept complaining there was not enough room for him to use the wii like he used to.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
daavid wrote:sigh...I have the same clothes rack at home

jaystewart01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaystewart01
derekjon wrote:seems like a deal to me! $1000+ new on other sites

Froogle'd

It's only a deal if you want one though....

tscottme

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tscottme

I bought a ProForm treadmill off one of the home shopping TV channels and then made a stand up desk to fit around it. This allows me to surf the web, watch TV, and most other tasks while walking slowly on the treadmill.

This isn't a bad price, the motor is good size at 3HP so it will likely last beyond the warranty, assuming one hour of walking or 30 minutes of running per day.

I believe the Instructables web site has a how-to on using a treadmill as a stand up desk. I understand some of the trendy business people use treadmills/stand up desks and I want to be just like them. :-)

Karen67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Karen67

No Square Trade warranty with this??

SchmooBro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SchmooBro
Karen67 wrote:No Square Trade warranty with this??

That would surely make me feel better about this deal as well. In my mind,
there is a question whether Nautilus will support this rebranded treadmill,
and even if Nautilus as a corporation is long for this world.

The Treadmill Doctor is just starting up with an extended warranty plan;
too early to find any reviews on how good it is, though.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/treadmill-warranty-360degreeguarantee

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

MJPerron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MJPerron

I don't know how great a deal the actual treadmill is - I leave that to others. But $5 to ship is a GREAT DEAL for a treadmill - these things are HEAVY. Even if it is Smartpost!

NightGhost

Some treadmill workouts:

treadmilltalk.com

therunner.com

Treadmill safety:

dummies.com

treadmilltalk.com

NightGhost

stopher819

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stopher819

Once assembled, how hard would it be to move the treadmill? I'm looking to keep the treadmill in the corner, but will have to move it out to the center of the room to use.

monkeytig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeytig

Dear Woot,
Good idea but no bite. Please see about getting a WOODWAY and I will be all over it.

xradialx86

quality posts: 10 Private Messages xradialx86

Owner's Manual

I'd like to mention electrical issues for just a second. Higher end ProForm and Precor treadmills require you to have a beefier outlet to use the equipment. This would cause the basement ornament complex in some people.

With the Schwinn, you will need no such thing. You can plug it into any outlet, provided it isnt a bathroom "trip and reset" outlet.

xradialx86

stopher819 wrote:Once assembled, how hard would it be to move the treadmill? I'm looking to keep the treadmill in the corner, but will have to move it out to the center of the room to use.

At a whopping 345 pounds, this wouldnt be the easiest task in the world. Especially on a daily basis. Of course, on the bright side you wouldnt need to invest in a weight bench as well to complete your home gym. I think the fold up convenience is more for the "special occasion or moving" situation. However, it may be viable in your case, Im not sure.

ccweems

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ccweems

For $800 you can buy a used commercial machine which will work much better. These used (often reconditioned) machines are sturdier (look at the weights) and they can't be reduced to an easy to ship flat box (thereby reducing the number of joints to come loose). Also commercial machines have a thriving third party market for parts which ensures availability of the big brands and at reasonable prices. Often once in use third parties invent new part designs which overcome shortcomings of the original machine. Plus there are many companies which maintain this equipment at a reasonable price. When you buy a consumer machine you start out with a machine of compromised design whose manufacturer may or may not support it beyond its warranty. Also the local repair facilities which service commercial machines decline to repair these home machines.

A reconditioned commercial machine built to withstand hours of pounding each day will most likely serve the home user for years without incident. My wife is an ardent elliptical user and we ended up buying a used Precor machine. She has used it often over the last 3 years without incident. The aluminum tracks are getting worn but instead of replacing them for $200 they have invented a stainless steel insert for $20 which serves the same purpose.

Exercise machines are a bit like high end audio. Non experts may not be able to qualify the difference between machines but the can tell the difference. Excepting their use by 100 lb lightweights people who actively use treadmills (and exercise equipment in general) will notice differences between consumer and commercial machines. These differences may be a deciding factor in how often they are used.

fixit10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fixit10

Has good customer reviews at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-100179-860-Treadmill/product-reviews/B00275R2PW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Seems to do what most people want. The problem is with the manual instructions but not something that would prevent someone from enjoying the treadmill.

ccweems

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ccweems
xradialx86 wrote:Owner's Manual

I'd like to mention electrical issues for just a second. Higher end ProForm and Precor treadmills require you to have a beefier outlet to use the equipment. This would cause the basement ornament complex in some people.

With the Schwinn, you will need no such thing. You can plug it into any outlet, provided it isnt a bathroom "trip and reset" outlet.

Not true. They can be plugged in to any 15A household outlet. Look at your gym's outlets they have the vertical slots in the receptacles just like home. Exercise equipment specs may boast impressive HP numbers but in reality they don't use much power. Also to avoid accidents they use soft start circuitry which is easy on the user and power demand.

xradialx86

ccweems wrote:Not true. They can be plugged in to any 15A household outlet. Look at your gym's outlets they have the vertical slots in the receptacles just like home. Exercise equipment specs may boast impressive HP numbers but in reality they don't use much power. Also to avoid accidents they use soft start circuitry which is easy on the user and power demand.

That may be the case, but they require more power from the outlet. Believe me, my neighbor has a early 2000s ProForm model sitting in his basement unused because a standard outlet isn't sufficient. I'm no expert on electrical by any means, just stating the facts.

stevofc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevofc

I have the 840. It is built very well and works great.

vitoab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vitoab
Magiciandude wrote:I already have a treadmill. WHY WOULD I BUY THIS ONE?!?!?

To hang more clothes on!

vb

tommy2rs

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommy2rs

Woot has a treadmill and Yugster has a Corona cap with a built in bottle opener. Hmmm, which should I buy? Nasty device for inducing pain and massive sweatiness or wonderful garment item for providing access to cool refreshment?

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -- Randal Graves, "Clerks"

wnysteel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wnysteel

brilliant copy as usual, woot. but i couldn't help but notice...is the writer canadien? i saw the word "offence" in there. hmmm....

g19fanatic

quality posts: 3 Private Messages g19fanatic

man woot... you must be reading my mind...

My wife and I were JUST looking at treadmills and were about to spend $800 MSRP on a new one...

This comes along RIGHT before the long weekend when we were going to purchase a much lower quality one for the same price!!!

I'm in for one for sure!!

moser7lmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moser7lmi

Does anyone know if this model is relatively quiet?
Some other brands can be very loud.

Diachron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Diachron

If you're debating the price tag, you could always consider a slightly more affordable model:

hail2skins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hail2skins
beerbellybob wrote:I got my wife a Kirby vaccum one year for our anniversary. It didn't go over well.

Dual bag, I hope

dpwellman

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dpwellman
botkin wrote:I've been looking for a treadmill for a while.... my father keeps breaking the thing we have in our house... it can't seem to hold his weight. So hopefully, this can be used as intended =).

Landice (all of them) can handle up to 400 lbs. Precor I think goes to 350.

What's the point of a signature? Everyone can see who wrote this, over there, to the left.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
xradialx86 wrote:That may be the case, but they require more power from the outlet. Believe me, my neighbor has a early 2000s ProForm model sitting in his basement unused because a standard outlet isn't sufficient. I'm no expert on electrical by any means, just stating the facts.

You're no expert, so why are you trying to convince us of something? Maybe your neighbor's outlet is defective or the treadmill is defective... ProForm treadmills do NOT require anything more than a standard outlet.

I use rollerblades with mine and it solved two problems. I can work out on the treadmill AND go rollerblading at the same time, which effectively means I'm getting twice the exercise in the same amount of time- and without all that annoying sweat and stuff.

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

And shipping is still $5! WHAT a deal!

CrystalS529

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CrystalS529

$5 Shipping! Please tell me you're not sending this through the USPS. I live on the 3rd floor and don't want to be responsible for killing the mailman. The poor guy already had to carry up the Memory Foam mattress I bought from Woot a few months ago.

montevino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montevino
ccweems wrote:For $800 you can buy a used commercial machine which will work much better.

I've seen some amazing used commercial machines at lower prices than the lowest priced crappy new treadmills at major retail chains. BUT, and this is a big but, none of them folded up. I get that the treadmill might be better, but I don't think most people have room in their homes for a non-folding treadmill. Are there foldable commercial models?

xradialx86

skrutinizr wrote:You're no expert, so why are you trying to convince us of something? Maybe your neighbor's outlet is defective or the treadmill is defective... ProForm treadmills do NOT require anything more than a standard outlet.

You're ignorance is laughable. I will stake my entire reputation and your house on the fact that there are treadmills that run on 220 volts.
http://treadmill-mania.com/treadmill/is-it-safe-to-run-a-220-volt-treadmill-on-a-110-volt-electrical-outlet/

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

And I was just saying the other day how badly I wanted a folding treadmill to use as a walking desk for working at home (and, let's be honest, playing video games.)

So wish I could be in for one!

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

asaunder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asaunder

Is there any way we could find out what the shipping dimensions of this would be?

adingostolemybaby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adingostolemybaby

Will I be able to do this with this treadmill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IWqopETfI

momof2angels

quality posts: 7 Private Messages momof2angels
jduboo wrote:It's all in the presentation.

Meaning - you could hang a really pretty ribbon with a 2 carat diamond hanging from it and she might like it a whole lot better!

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71

In for 3. Good Xmas gifts.

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

edellington

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edellington

Here is an honest review from a trusted treadmill site. It is a good price for an average treadmill. MSRP is listed at $2,200 which is way overpriced.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Schwinn-860-Treadmill-Review-2010

jpnelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpnelson

Hey, a clothes hanger!