mikeweida


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeweida
EddieAngel333 wrote:I really hate to do this to you guys and gals but here go's

some interesting reading for yas... lol

http://www.amazon.com/Roku-N1101-HD-XR-Player/product-reviews/B002SFDJMQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar


Have a vedddy goood day...

oh yeah and don't forget to buy the Square trade extended warranty !



Out of 271 reviews 147 were at 5 stars. I can go to ,just about any product, on amazon and find bad reviews. I looked through some of the reviews, some were for the product. Some were for shipping issues, which has nothing to do with the product. Some were for the wifi connection. I think we all can say wifi can be affected by many things.

Big Toe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Big Toe
EddieAngel333 wrote:I really hate to do this to you guys and gals but here go's

some interesting reading for yas... lol

http://www.amazon.com/Roku-N1101-HD-XR-Player/product-reviews/B002SFDJMQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar


Have a vedddy goood day...

oh yeah and don't forget to buy the Square trade extended warranty !



Oh well....I just look at it this way. I can go out and spend $100+ on dinner with the family...it stays with us for a short while...then it's flushed down the toilet. It's a refurb, so it's a roll of the dice. I've had good luck with Woot refurbs so far. Besides...I'm hard wiring this baby anyway.....If Woot will ever ship it!!!

mnstang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnstang
mnstang wrote:Mine just shipped! WAHHOOOOO ROKU!


I spoke too soon

bnceo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnceo

Hasn't shipped yet.

Very interested to see how the 1080 firmware upgrade will look like. Also, look forward to using the USB port one day. Who knows though. I saw it cheap. I grabbed it and hope to get it soon.

deependdesigns


quality posts: 1 Private Messages deependdesigns
Big Toe wrote:Oh well....I just look at it this way. I can go out and spend $100+ on dinner with the family...it stays with us for a short while...then it's flushed down the toilet. It's a refurb, so it's a roll of the dice. I've had good luck with Woot refurbs so far. Besides...I'm hard wiring this baby anyway.....If Woot will ever ship it!!!



I know they say 5 business days blah blah blah, but I have never had to wait this long for it to go to ship, not even during a woot off!! Apparently this Amazon merger hasn't helped them in the shipping department!

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
EddieAngel333 wrote:I really hate to do this to you guys and gals but here go's

some interesting reading for yas... lol

oh yeah and don't forget to buy the Square trade extended warranty !



I read the Amazon reviews "before" I purchased this Roku from Woot. The reviews didn't sway me. A lot of the 1 reviews are people complaining about Amazon in general... or from people who can't even spell WiFi... let alone know how to configure it.

That said... there will probably be a few Wooters that receive units with problems. For those interested in getting the SquareTrade warranty...

(Psst: Use Coupon Code SUNSET at checkout. It is for valid 30% off through 23:59 PT September 14th, 2010. After that the Coupon Code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT September 20th, 2010. Coupon is only applicable on warranties purchased directly from their wwebsite squaretrade.com

With the Coupon Code you can get a 1 Year Warranty on the Roku for $9.79... or a Two Year warranty for $10.49.

roadrunnercj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages roadrunnercj
EltonNoway wrote:I read the Amazon reviews "before" I purchased this Roku from Woot. The reviews didn't sway me. A lot of the 1 reviews are people complaining about Amazon in general... or from people who can't even spell WiFi... let alone know how to configure it.

That said... there will probably be a few Wooters that receive units with problems. For those interested in getting the SquareTrade warranty...

(Psst: Use Coupon Code SUNSET at checkout. It is for valid 30% off through 23:59 PT September 14th, 2010. After that the Coupon Code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT September 20th, 2010. Coupon is only applicable on warranties purchased directly from their wwebsite squaretrade.com

With the Coupon Code you can get a 1 Year Warranty on the Roku for $9.79... or a Two Year warranty for $14.69.



Last extended warranty company I bougt from went out of business but I figured ... what the heck. The two year was only 10.49. Thanks for the tip.

petercageao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petercageao

so where exactly is it supposed to say "shipped" cus I'm not seeing that....

firehazard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages firehazard

The great thing about woot is that they take so long to ship, that you're genuinely surprised when the item arrives because you have completely forgot about it by then.

izd


quality posts: 1 Private Messages izd
petercageao wrote:so where exactly is it supposed to say "shipped" cus I'm not seeing that....



If you go to "My account", then click on the item you want to check on left-hand side. ATM it should say "your order is in." When it has shipped it will say something like "your order has shipped". You should also get an email with tracking number.

djwurm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djwurm

mine hasnt shipped yet either... sad face...

carmelosantana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelosantana

No shipment ether. "My Account" leaves much to be desired, but woot makes it very apparent that shipment seems to be totally up in the air. It would be nice to have a better idea of whats going on. I get free shipping for 1 day shipments from Newegg, but I pay $5 through woot to then wait another 5 days before it ships. Not ideal. Hopefully the Roku box comes in and I forget all about this shipping nonsense.

sightpicture


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sightpicture

Looking for tracking number..... anychance I will get this before Halloween / Christmas? ;-)

My favorite items:
  • Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System - 01/12/2012
  • Roku HD-XR Player - 9/9/2010
  • iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot - 9/3/2010
  • USB Powered Woot-Off Lights - 8/19/2010
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun 7/30/2010
  • Random Crap - 6/24/2010
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 4/28/2010
  • Euro-Pro Shark Multi-Vac 2/18/2010
  • iRobot Roomba 530 - 11/2/2009
First item:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite 4/19/05

zxn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zxn

Tru Dat! I guess we get what we pay for with the shipping, though. I know that NewEgg and Amazon are much, much faster.

Now if I could only get programming on the Roku for the Investigation Discover (ID) or Discovery channel, I could cut the cable entirely. Those are the only things holding us up.



sightpicture wrote:Looking for tracking number..... anychance I will get this before Halloween / Christmas? ;-)



sightpicture


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sightpicture
zxn wrote:Tru Dat! I guess we get what we pay for with the shipping, though. I know that NewEgg and Amazon are much, much faster.


Funny you should mention Amazon... since they now own woot! (wonder if my Amazon Prime account will work with woot! some day?)

zxn wrote:Now if I could only get programming on the Roku for the Investigation Discover (ID) or Discovery channel, I could cut the cable entirely. Those are the only things holding us up.


My wife would be happy if there was a way to get this onto the Roku as well.

My favorite items:
  • Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System - 01/12/2012
  • Roku HD-XR Player - 9/9/2010
  • iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot - 9/3/2010
  • USB Powered Woot-Off Lights - 8/19/2010
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun 7/30/2010
  • Random Crap - 6/24/2010
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 4/28/2010
  • Euro-Pro Shark Multi-Vac 2/18/2010
  • iRobot Roomba 530 - 11/2/2009
First item:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite 4/19/05

petercageao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petercageao

eh, I just find it off putting that my credit card is charged, and yet what I ordered isnt in the mail. Normally businesses hold off on the charge until the item is in the mail... just sayin!

bill875


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill875

Mine said it shipped yesterday with a Smartpost tracking number. Today it just says "Your order is in". Odd!

jreynolds503


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreynolds503

Has anyone contacted woot to find out about shipping? I may give them a buzz tomorrow if my status doesn't change. It's been 5 business days.

Cloudscout


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cloudscout
jreynolds503 wrote:Has anyone contacted woot to find out about shipping? I may give them a buzz tomorrow if my status doesn't change. It's been 5 business days.



Technically, it's only been 4 business days. 5 business days is just a weasely way of saying one week. Tomorrow will be one week.

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
Cloudscout wrote:Technically, it's only been 4 business days. 5 business days is just a weasely way of saying one week. Tomorrow will be one week.



Correct... tomorrow will be day 5. In the "Business World"... Business Days never includes weekends or holidays. So, 5 business days means "does not" mean 5 consecutive days of the week or even 5 consecutive weekdays... it is stickly 5 consecutive working days not counting any holidays or weekends. ALSO: You can't count the day you purchased the item no matter how early you purchased it in the day because the sale runs until Midnight. The day "after" the sale is over is the first official business day (unless its a holiday, Saturday or Sunday)

That said... I never get excited about when Woot ships. In fact, in may cases inventory is actually shipped by third parties and the Woot staff has little control over it. In any event, "they" (whoever ships it) eventually gets around to it and I always get my stuff. Considering the bargain price of $5 shipping I really don't care how long they take.

jreynolds503


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreynolds503
EltonNoway wrote:Correct... In the "Business World"... Business Days never includes weekends or holidays. So, 5 business days means "does not" mean 5 consecutive days of the week or even 5 consecutive weekdays... it is stickly 5 consecutive working days not counting any holidays or weekends.

That said... I never get excited about when Woot ships. In fact, in may cases inventory is actually shipped by third parties and the Woot staff has little control over it. In any event, "they" (whoever ships it) eventually gets around to it and I always get my stuff. Considering the bargain price of $5 shipping I really don't care how long they take.



I ordered it on the 9th at like 8:00 a.m. eastern time. That's pretty much 5 business days. I will give it tomorrow and shoot them an email. Maybe they can at least give us an estimate. It sucks making an impulse buy then having to wait for it. lol

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
jreynolds503 wrote:I ordered it on the 9th at like 8:00 a.m. eastern time. That's pretty much 5 business days. I will give it tomorrow and shoot them an email. Maybe they can at least give us an estimate. It sucks making an impulse buy then having to wait for it. lol



Sorry... welcome to the business world. :-(

You can't count the day you purchased the item no matter how early you purchased it in the day because the sale runs thru to midnight. Sales for the day are "batched". The day "after" the sale is over is the first official business day (unless its a holiday, Saturday or Sunday) Tomorrow is day 5. If they don't ship by 8PM tomorrow night... then you could shoot them an email and ask "Whats up?"

That said... I'll admit I'm anxious on this one. I already ran cable under the house to the TV and programmed my Harmony remote... I want my Roku now.

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
EltonNoway wrote:
I already ran cable under the house to the TV and programmed my Harmony remote...



Yes... I know the XR is wireless... but my TV is at the other end of the house behind and several walls of plaster and lath away from my wireless N router.

Don't you love it when someone bumps their own thread? lol

I did a Bandwidth Speed Test using a wireless laptop sitting next to my TV and got a 2.1Mbps download. I then ran a temporary cable thru the house and ran the speed test again and this time got 4.4Mbps. So... I fished the wire under the house and up to the TV.

The last thing I want is problems with buffering after I sold my wife on the idea this was the greatest thing since sliced bread and we really needed it.

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway

doh...

npike


quality posts: 0 Private Messages npike

Mine has shipped, even though the account page doesnt show it yet.

You can go to fedex.com, track by reference, and enter your woot order # and zip code. Viola!

miswit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages miswit

This is my first experience with buying an actual item from Woot, instead of just a T-shirt here and there.

I have to say I'm not happy about them waiting this long to ship the product. (And I don't even know whether they'll ship it tomorrow or not, since I can't see into the future.)

However, I will definitely think hard before buying something from Woot again.

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
miswit wrote:I have to say I'm not happy about them waiting this long to ship the product.

However, I will definitely think hard before buying something from Woot again.



Ah.... you must be in your thirties (or younger) and part of the "Instant Gratification" generation.

Me personally... I like the great deals and cheap shipping. It's a trade off. If you were in such a hurry to get a Roku you should have paid full price and purchased it directly from Roku (or Amazon) Then again... theres no guarantee they would have shipped it yet either. My guess is once you receive it you'll probably find it wasn't shipped by Woot...but by a 3rd party. (Probably the Roku refurb center)

Rather than when it ships, my biggest concern is whether or not it will arrive as a "complete" shipment. The last time the Roku was Woot'ed... (a couple weeks ago) a handfull of Wooters reported they received their units "without" the AC adapter. Yikes... I hope they fixed that oversight!

mnstang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnstang
npike wrote:Mine has shipped, even though the account page doesnt show it yet.

You can go to fedex.com, track by reference, and enter your woot order # and zip code. Viola!



This works! It says mine shipped about 3 hours ago.....

coastertux


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coastertux
npike wrote:Mine has shipped, even though the account page doesnt show it yet.

You can go to fedex.com, track by reference, and enter your woot order # and zip code. Viola!



Doesn't work for me...

lbindert


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbindert
coastertux wrote:Doesn't work for me...



Me either. What did you use for account number?

Cloudscout


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cloudscout
lbindert wrote:Me either. What did you use for account number?



It worked for me. It shows that mine shipped at 5:41pm.

Don't enter anything for an account number... just leave that field blank. All you need to enter is the reference number from your Woot order receipt, the destination country and the destination ZIP code.

miswit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages miswit

Heh. Thanks for the compliment. (I think.) I'm on the trailing edge of the Boomer generation. However, the companies I deal with almost always ship sooner rather than later, even when the item is drop-shipped from the manufacturer. In fact, refurbs should ship almost immediately because they bypass any manufacturing delays.

sl33stak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sl33stak
mnstang wrote:This works! It says mine shipped about 3 hours ago.....




Thanks for the heads up! Mine will be here on the 17th.....Stoked.

W00t W00t baby!

jreynolds503


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreynolds503

Woo! Mine shipped today too. I should have it by the weekend

sightpicture


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sightpicture

1. Fedex.com
2. Click Track by Reference
3. blank for account number
4. woot! order number for reference
5. Country
6. Zip

= 21st for me! I too have my Harmony One remote all ready!

My favorite items:
  • Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System - 01/12/2012
  • Roku HD-XR Player - 9/9/2010
  • iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot - 9/3/2010
  • USB Powered Woot-Off Lights - 8/19/2010
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun 7/30/2010
  • Random Crap - 6/24/2010
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 4/28/2010
  • Euro-Pro Shark Multi-Vac 2/18/2010
  • iRobot Roomba 530 - 11/2/2009
First item:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite 4/19/05

stevestojan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevestojan
sightpicture wrote:1. Fedex.com
2. Click Track by Reference
3. blank for account number
4. woot! order number for reference
5. Country
6. Zip

= 21st for me! I too have my Harmony One remote all ready!



great tip. thanks!

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
sightpicture wrote:
1. Navigate to Fedex.com
2. Click Track by Reference (in the Track pulldown section)
3. Leave the account number blank
4. Enter your Woot order number where it says *Enter reference
5. Select your country from the pulldown
6. Enter your Zipcode in the Postal Code field



Bummer... No ship data... no joy for me.

EltonNoway


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
miswit wrote:Heh. Thanks for the compliment. (I think.) I'm on the trailing edge of the Boomer generation. However, the companies I deal with almost always ship sooner rather than later, even when the item is drop-shipped from the manufacturer. In fact, refurbs should ship almost immediately because they bypass any manufacturing delays.



Wow... I wish I was. (I think) I'm afraid I'm on the leading edge of the generation. Ouch!

Going forward (if you elect to Woot again) and accept the fact that nothing ever comes real fast from Woot you won't be disappointed. As one other Wooter alluded to earlier: The slow shipping can be fun. Sometimes shipments take so long to arrive you forgot you Wooted anything and bingo... a present on your doorstep. It's like Christmas morning.

Big Toe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Big Toe

Ref.# for Fedex worked for me. Looks like mine is here Friday. Thanks for the tip!

TriciaT


quality posts: 4 Private Messages TriciaT

the fed ex thing worked for me too, mine has shipped and should be here friday!