12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

omnipotentq

quality posts: 14 Private Messages omnipotentq

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
ION Audio Profile LP USB Turntable
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 ION Audio Profile LP to MP3 USB Vinyl Conversion Turntable

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox

Websiiite: http://www.ionaudio.com/profilelp (direct product link)

http://www.ionaudio.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/278731 Quick Start Guide

Make your own damn beer

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

But where do I go to buy vinyls now?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes

http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Audio-Profile-LP-Turntable/dp/B0029QRA1U

Review from Amazon...

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

HaidenGoodman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages HaidenGoodman

Yeah, I wouldn't really use this if wanted to do any "scratching." It won't work very well.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Ah. Found a couple decent reviews for this turntable on Alatest.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/ion-audio-profile-flash-turntable-reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

KFuette

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KFuette

Imagine a day in the future when records will be obsolete and we can perhaps store all of our music on a computer-like device....

HaidenGoodman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages HaidenGoodman
jrs1980 wrote:But where do I go to buy vinyls now?

Salvation Army. I saw some there today actually.

BenvolioZF

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BenvolioZF

I've bought one of these before. Trust me, if you want to "convert vinyl to MP3"... Wait for a re-release, or get an audiophile friend to do it. Don't waste money on this. Unless you need to digitize some obscure jazz vinyls RIGHT AWAY.

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

There's no 78 RPM setting. I guess I'm SOL with my granny's old big band recordings.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

rydawg09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydawg09

omnipotentq

KFuette wrote:Imagine a day in the future when records will be obsolete and we can perhaps store all of our music on a computer-like device....

You'd be surprised how many people still have LPs. My grandfather has (literally) thousands of them, and is about 1/4 the way through transforming them into digital form. I guess he can't find them in CD form or isn't willing to spend the money on buying them again.

zkrieger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zkrieger

not really seeing this as a deal.... what am i missing here? older versions sell for as low as $45 new, and its not like you can "improve" a LP player.

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8

wonders how many posts it will be before someone asks if this either:
Has a USB connection that would work with their comptuer
or
has RCA connections that would work with their stereo ...

and the countdown begins!!!
(btw ... yes and yes and yes (the last one was the Yup, Apple or PC products) :-) )

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

omnipotentq

rydawg09 wrote:Product web page

Much <3. I couldn't figure out which one it was since their screenshots didn't match the one woot has up.

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox

The most helpful critical Amazon Review

(Mod's note: Please make sure your links do not contain referral codes.)

Make your own damn beer

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

This is compatible with Mac, right? Or at least DJ Hero?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

HairyButt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HairyButt

Oragutan Mating Guide! These are the BEST hot wheels race tracks ever invented. One car under each finger, oh no we flew off the cliff! Send the ambulance. Pkkksshhhh. Too late - it blew up.

You could also make some kind of music on them if you had the right kind of old frisbees.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
HaidenGoodman wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't really use this if wanted to do any "scratching." It won't work very well.

i'll bet you could scratch some LPs quite nicely with this contraption--only not in the way you'd want to. as the rap masters of old warned us, such things must only be done under hip hop supervision...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

amspratt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amspratt

Local record stores and amazon.com have a lot of vinyl. I love vinyl. It's the only part of the music industry that is actually doing well. I can honestly say, every day, finding albums on vinyl is easier and easier. Support your local record stores, you'll be glad you did

omnipotentq

One Amazon reviewer said this:

"This turntable, as all ion turntables, forces you to use itunes software for no reason"

The product page would seem to bear this out, as their "Step 2" in the setup is to download and install iTunes. Joy.

kvs2000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kvs2000

got one of these on Woot Off.. Works fine, but quality of converted file is awful. Intended on converting a couple 100 albums, gave up after 5.. only used for a few songs not available on itunes.

speedo232

quality posts: 2 Private Messages speedo232

I would buy it if I didn't already have a previous version. It works great. Sound quality is excellent.I am not yet halfway through my 45s and have 118 CDs done.

MM

hnrqoliv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hnrqoliv
KFuette wrote:Imagine a day in the future when records will be obsolete and we can perhaps store all of our music on a computer-like device....

MP3 files cannot compare to a proper vinyl...

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

you can still get vinyl just about anywhere, from amazon.com to the hot topic in a nearby mall to virtually any local thrift store. in addition, lots of artists still put out actual "albums," and there are many great special editions to be had. i can't imagine ever getting rid of my extensive LP collection, even with the thousands of CDs and MP3 downloads i also provide with a kind, loving home. love that tasty vinyl! >=b

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

amspratt

I bought another ION Audio Turntable from woot a year or so ago, and I love it! I've never used it to hook up to my computer, but using the RCA stereo outputs into my stereo is fantastic. There is such a quality of analog music that makes listening to an album an experience that your ipod can never match.

omnipotentq

hnrqoliv wrote:MP3 files cannot compare to a proper vinyl...

I've heard this before and I don't understand it. Can you explain, please? Does it have something to do with the scratches and pops that mp3s don't have or something? (No snark; I'm honestly curious)

speedo232

quality posts: 2 Private Messages speedo232
xeju wrote:There's no 78 RPM setting. I guess I'm SOL with my granny's old big band recordings.

You can do 78s. The Audacity software I got with mine provides speed conversion.

MM

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes

This can be great for converting your LPs to MP3s on your computer and take them on the road. You definitely aren't going to get much out of this for scratching. Wrong kind of needle/arm/platform/etc.

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

hnrqoliv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hnrqoliv
zkrieger wrote:not really seeing this as a deal.... what am i missing here? older versions sell for as low as $45 new, and its not like you can "improve" a LP player.

Can you link me to one of these? I've been looking for a halfway decent player to spin my vinyl...

bitethat

quality posts: 14 Private Messages bitethat

Man, this plus using AutoTunes would be hella fun! I could see having on some headphones, spinning some old disc, singing, etc.

Referral linking is not permitted.

lcx330

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcx330
xeju wrote:There's no 78 RPM setting. I guess I'm SOL with my granny's old big band recordings.

Record at 33 1/3 rpm, the use free software like Audacity to pitch it up. You're not going to find many 78 rpm turntables these days anyways....

omnipotentq

hnrqoliv wrote:Can you link me to one of these? I've been looking for a halfway decent player to spin my vinyl...

I'd suggest trying ebay first...

amspratt

I imagine a day where everyone purchases vinyl instead of CDs. It'd be great! Almost every single vinyl release nowadays comes with an mp3 download code. Seriously, when was the last time you listened to the actual CD?

When you go to shows today, the fastest selling merch item are the LPs

tdawg1914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdawg1914
mkentosh wrote:You Tube Video Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2a5rNjQDg

It's nice to have a video of it in operation, but I have no confidence in their review. They didn't even have a record to put on the player, so no idea what the sound quality is, either played through an amp or recorded on a PC X[

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

I have a few records I need to get onto my computer... however I don't have the few dollars right now needed to buy this. :-(