gbinman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gbinman
arribasn wrote:Its been a while since I took physics, but isn't 2000mAh at 1.2V of a AA less than the 600mAh at 5v (would be like 2400mah at 1.2v)

You would have done better to study electronics than physics. It would take 4 AA's to achieve 4.8v but it would still be at 2000mah.

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark
SELPMET3 wrote:in for one as well ..only 10 bucks

In for one as well...only 5 bucks.

Finally remembered to use that coupon code!

LgenCouch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LgenCouch

nah i tried already, it has the button for i want 1/2/3, but nothing more, i don't see anywhere u can enter in the number of items u want! :\

danthemanms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danthemanms

In for 3. I already have this "Fueltank UNO" that has a capacity of 2200 mAh and outputs at 500 mAh, and it can recharge my iPhone about twice. These are obviously much lower capacity and output at a lower power usage, but they should still be handy. Especially since I jumped on that Pico Projector and am slightly worried about its battery life. Even if it can't actually charge the thing faster than it consumes the battery, it could help slow down the power draw significantly.

That and it makes a cheap yet useful gift =D

Note that even if it doesn't come with a MicroUSB connection, you can always grab a couple of these mini-to-micro converters - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35005 - for $2.40 apiece with free shipping worldwide. Highly useful.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames
cksphd wrote:If it would charge an iPhone, wouldn't it charge an iPod touch, as well?

Apple likes changing how their devices charge such that you often need to match the charger with the model and generation of the device. Even USB charging is putting special resistances on the data lines to ID charger compatibility rather than using actual data signaling. If it doesn't see the right resistance, it may only accept a trickling charge if any at all.

I have two chargers for later model iPod Shuffles that won't charge my 2nd-gen.

refarns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages refarns
maniakmike wrote:Of course, the last time I checked, no AA battery could put out 5 V either.

Depends on how the batteries are stacked..(how the + and - line up)..if they are 'paralleled' or 'serial' one keeps the same voltage and increase the amperage, the other maintains the amperage while increasing the voltage......

Eponine564

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eponine564

I have a different model of this and it works really well. Buying some for my 3 sisters.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Oh well. I don't really need it. I've never even opened up that similar NiMh battery back that I bought from Woot, last year. However, I want to use my Woot coupon, this is cheap, and I like that it uses LiPo batteries, rather than the NiMh, so I just bought one. I'm going to be might angry, however, if Woot suddenly decides to put up the Cuisinart Mini Prep chopper that I've been waiting for (and that I missed during the last Wootoff.)

vide0chik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vide0chik
tydill wrote:The Zagg Spark is a lot better and can be had for 50 dollars if you get the coupon.

zagg spark 99 dollars from zagg (I'll take your word for it there's a coupon) vs 5 dollars (plus 5 shipping) for this.

Yeahhhh... I'll buy 5 of these thanks :D

LgenCouch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LgenCouch
wootlizer wrote:why don't you give it a try and tell us all what happened

i did, all i see is the buttons for i want 1/2/3 no where do i see anyplace to enter the amount i want, i want 8 and gonna give em away for christmas presents, how do i order 8?

exiled1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages exiled1
whosgotmyusername wrote:thank you - loos silly - I know the new age deal is "if you understood it PWND!?"

I dont care what the typical inattentive armadillo does but W00t should not. If on purpose I don't get the joke

Just saying...

Lose?? LOSE???? Ha ROFLMAO!!!! ha funny The Happening (2008)Woot!

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

Just wondering, but has there ever been a woot-off with more than one BOC? I don't ever recall seeing two, but there's always a first(or should I say a second )!

mikenonddom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikenonddom
LgenCouch wrote:i did, all i see is the buttons for i want 1/2/3 no where do i see anyplace to enter the amount i want, i want 8 and gonna give em away for christmas presents, how do i order 8?

You can only order 3

HaeSuse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HaeSuse
vttym wrote:Looks like only mini usb -- kills the usefulness for me .. was about to spring on it too

wrong. click on the image. you'll see adapters for darn near every phone under the sun. also in the specs.

- - -

Armagedon

LgenCouch wrote:i did, all i see is the buttons for i want 1/2/3 no where do i see anyplace to enter the amount i want, i want 8 and gonna give em away for christmas presents, how do i order 8?

You have to order three of them twice and two of them once
Actually, you may be limited to just three...

djicenova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djicenova

it'll come in very handy when i forget my phone charger

exiled1

get three different accounts rolling. best get on it. were running low.

cksphd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd
exiled1 wrote:dont know, i havent an iphone to compare inputs.
but i dont see a tip big enough to accommodate the ipod touch in the pic.

Hmmm, I didn't see the tips in the photo, but the description of it says that an iPhone charger tip is included. I would think that if the Touch and the iPhone use the same tip, there is a chance it would work.

Now I am curious: would this thing be able to charge an iPad? Anyone know?

MGS0047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MGS0047
budd0413 wrote:capacitors......are the answer

1.21 gigawatts...what was I thinking?

Armagedon

Is this compatible with my phone?

mikenonddom

cksphd wrote:Hmmm, I didn't see the tips in the photo, but the description of it says that an iPhone charger tip is included. I would think that if the Touch and the iPhone use the same tip, there is a chance it would work.

For an ipad you'd probably want something that held more energy, even if there were a tip that fit.

mikenonddom

Armagedon wrote:Is this compatible with my phone?

Of Course.

exiled1

cksphd wrote:Hmmm, I didn't see the tips in the photo, but the description of it says that an iPhone charger tip is included.I would think that if the Touch and the iPhone use the same tip, there is a chance it would work.

I would think that if the ipad and the iPhone use the same tip, there is a chance it would work. summoning the forsaken shoggoth

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
Armagedon wrote:Just wondering, but has there ever been a woot-off with more than one BOC? I don't ever recall seeing two, but there's always a first(or should I say a second )!

I'm almost certain there hasn't been one since I joined, but I remember some Wooters talking about one that happened years ago.

MWCombs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MWCombs

You don't unless you have more than one account. I'm in for three. These things are handy.

dissatisfiedcustomer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dissatisfiedcustomer
TiHara wrote:I bought 3. My wife is always forgetting to charge her cell phone. This way I can put one in the glove box of three of my cars when that happens.

You'll probably wanna stop by your local Harbor Fright and pick up a Universal USB 12 Volt Adapter for times when she forgets to charge that too.

vide0chik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vide0chik

Bring me a sledge hammer and I bet we can make it fit...err stick... to your phone! :D

cksphd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd
mikenonddom wrote:For an ipad you'd probably want something that held more energy, even if there were a tip that fit.

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!

newyorkcityazn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newyorkcityazn

Just in the nick of time before I leave on my vacation...could always use the extra power juice for my phone and ipod.

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

In for 2, because I have the B&D power packs, and they have a huge flaw: the NiMH batteries self-discharge pretty fast, so they don't sit around charged, waiting for you to need them. Hopefully these will.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar
nittany wrote:Will this charge a Droid 2?

It will, but most smartphones have batteries with twice the capacity of this, so you will only get half a charge.

charlesbian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charlesbian

I can get a Motorola branded replacement battery for my Droid for the same $ and shipping, and it will be 1300 MAH to boot

mfordyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfordyc
NightGhost wrote:I'm almost certain there hasn't been one since I joined, but I remember some Wooters talking about one that happened years ago.

A few years ago they had 3 in one Woot Off. I believe each one was for 1500 packages. As always I missed out...

mikenonddom

Raise your hand if you've been awake for the entire WootOff.

My hand is up.

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

Bought 3. Because I'm such an incredibly nice person. Because I want to do my part to roll this WootOff uphill in the snow.

Perhaps I'll open 11 new accounts and buy 33 more. Go community spirit!

Armagedon

vide0chik wrote:Bring me a sledge hammer and I bet we can make it fit...err stick... to your phone! :D

Here you go!

exiled1

so how long do these hold their charge whilst sitting around in a glove box?

uojfe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages uojfe

You'll need to buff that out first.

Shadowflit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shadowflit

Loose. Loose? Loose! LOOSE!

Thank you.

timmysaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmysaw
arribasn wrote:Its been a while since I took physics, but isn't 2000mAh at 1.2V of a AA less than the 600mAh at 5v (would be like 2400mah at 1.2v)

Actually, using the equation P=I*E we get:
AA 2Ah * 1.2V = 2.4W
XP600 .6Ah * 5.0V = 3.0W

So the XP600 does put out more power using that formula...I guess the (assumed) extra power (from larger cells?) is burned off in heat converting the power to 5v.