12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

robmoxley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robmoxley

Have one, cant complain and this is a good price for it...

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

http://violight.com/viuvtoset.html

$89.95 on maufacturer's website makes this a steal

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

azrhei

quality posts: 2 Private Messages azrhei

Manf Website

On Amazon

Edit: Nightghooooooooooost! *shakes tiny fist*

Two reviews of the "UV Sanitizer" component of the product. Please note the reviews are for the standalone sanitizer, but is the same operation and equipment as what is included:

Review at Geardiary

Review at TechAbsorbed

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

Roses are red, Violights are blue
My toothbrush is clean now, but this doesn't rhyme

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

This looks a lot more solid than those toys they were selling over at kids.woot.

Also, what frequency do the bristles vibrate at?

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post

lelouness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lelouness

30,000 vibrations per minute?

Errhm...Maybe this might have a purpose other than just a toothbrush...

Sprankton

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sprankton

Where do you go to get replacement heads?

tewkewl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tewkewl

where can you get replacement heads for theses things... and how much do they cost? are they sonicare compatible heads? i mean what good is it if you cant find new brush heads.... just sayin...

Sprankton

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sprankton
lelouness wrote:30,000 vibrations per minute?

Errhm...Maybe this might have a purpose other than just a toothbrush...

An alarm clock or a pager? That's kind of preposterous though, don't you think?

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Aside from the value of "sanitizing" the heads being questionable - someone explain to me, what is the value of being able to sanitize up to 4 heads at a time???

Is it supposed to be a one brush for the whole family deal, just snap on your head and go? I think it would still be kind of anti-sanitary??? If not - what normal person would use 4 heads on their toothbrush concurrently?

Oh, this one's for the mornings, that one's for evenings, third one for weekend use and fourth is for when I come home drunk?

So - another marketing gimmick?

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55
Sprankton wrote:Where do you go to get replacement heads?

They must make them. There is a customer service line.
http://violight.com

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post

fookite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fookite

cheroke55

tewkewl wrote:where can you get replacement heads for theses things... and how much do they cost? are they sonicare compatible heads? i mean what good is it if you cant find new brush heads.... just sayin...

Well I can't find replacement heads now. But it does come with 4. And there is a customer service line here http://violight.com

cheroke55

fookite wrote:Don't see 'em.

bottom right

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

WOW, there is a review site for just about anything...

http://toothbrushsanitizerreviews.blogspot.com/

I found a number of VioLight products here too.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

I have to say I didn't have much luck with this toothbrush, but then I was trying to use it to brush my cat's teeth. She was unaccountably reluctant to let me do that, and in fact disappeared for three days after our first attempt. It would probably help if someone invented tuna-flavored toothpaste for cats.

It worked well for me, though. I figured, why waste a perfectly good electronic vibrating toothbrush if you've paid good money for it?

Apparently the sanitizing aspect is effective, as I didn't develop any life-threatening diseases from using it after trying it on Fluffy.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

4 stars average on Buzzillions.com
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/violight-izap-toothbrush-sanitizer-1-ea-reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

fookite

cheroke55 wrote:bottom right

Those are toothbrushes, not brush heads.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

If it's "Sonic" then does it blast the heads with music like The Who or Beatles or something, to frighten the bacteria to death, as well as UV?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

fookite

jessiebyrd004 wrote:4 stars average on Buzzillions.com
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/violight-izap-toothbrush-sanitizer-1-ea-reviews

That's just the sanitizer part, though. I'm more interested in whether the toothbrush is comparable to a Sonicare.

It's a moot point, though, as there seems to be no readily available source for replacement heads.

fosterman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fosterman

Do the bristles actually rotate or does it just vibrate?

cheroke55

fookite wrote:Those are toothbrushes, not brush heads.

You're right. My bad, I'll keep looking. They make everything else, they must make replacement heads.

wjbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjbird
LEM- wrote:Aside from the value of "sanitizing" the heads being questionable - someone explain to me, what is the value of being able to sanitize up to 4 heads at a time???

Is it supposed to be a one brush for the whole family deal, just snap on your head and go? I think it would still be kind of anti-sanitary??? If not - what normal person would use 4 heads on their toothbrush concurrently?

Oh, this one's for the mornings, that one's for evenings, third one for weekend use and fourth is for when I come home drunk?

LMAO

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
Assassin15 wrote:If it's "Sonic" then does it blast the heads with music like The Who or Beatles or something, to frighten the bacteria to death, as well as UV?

No, it tastes like Sonic hamburgers and cherry limeade while you brush.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
LEM- wrote:Aside from the value of "sanitizing" the heads being questionable - someone explain to me, what is the value of being able to sanitize up to 4 heads at a time???

It's actually not a bad idea to keep two toothbrushes, and use them in rotation. That way one or the other can be more thoroughly drying out between uses. Just another way to avoid providing bacteria and such with the moist environment they adore.

With four brush heads, you could do a 2-day rotation (one in the morning, next one that night, and so on) and feel even more successful in your mission to always use a dry brush head.

DHWhalie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DHWhalie

At least it's not refurbished.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

My Dentist says to stick with the Oral-B brand of toothbrushes. The smaller head makes it easier to get in around the back teeth to clean. These large head brushes dont' fit into the mouth well.

ktcollegegirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktcollegegirl
DHWhalie wrote:At least it's not refurbished.

You mean "refurbrushed" right?

Hankshanker

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Hankshanker

Sonic action is good for kicking up plaque and debris, but the disinfection aspect is a bit gimmicky.

Even at the claimed kill rate of 99.9%, millions of bugs can still remain on your toothbrush, but that pales in comparison to the billions of critters left frolicking like monkeys in your mouth.

hrbud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hrbud

The "sanitizing" is not meant to kill life-threatening viruses. That's stupid. It's meant to kill every day germs that causes bad breath and the flu. Of course you can reuse your toothbrush without "sanitizing" it and blame your flu on your dog.

For the ignorant, UV-C light can be used on all sorts of things-- toilet seats, comb, toothbrush, computer keyboards, etc..

http://www.germguardian.com/uvc-technology.asp

mrericreed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mrericreed

I just bought a Sonicare 2-pack at costco for $80. ($99 - automatic coupon). Soooo...About the same price if you can find a brushing buddy to split it with, and I can't imagine being happier than I am with my Sonicare. I bought the new one to replace the one my cat broke. Really.

dissatisfiedcustomer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dissatisfiedcustomer

grubby18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grubby18

OralB/Braun was $29.00 for TWO

SimMayor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SimMayor
hrbud wrote:The "sanitizing" is not meant to kill life-threatening viruses. That's stupid. It's meant to kill every day germs that causes bad breath and the flu. Of course you can reuse your toothbrush without "sanitizing" it and blame your flu on your dog.

For the ignorant, UV-C light can be used on all sorts of things-- toilet seats, comb, toothbrush, computer keyboards, etc..

http://www.germguardian.com/uvc-technology.asp

Actually, speaking as someone who used to work for Sonicare and actually took the time to read the studies, the UV sanitizer kills off 99.99% of a number of nastier things like e. coli, which is a bit more than "bad breath and the flu." I'm not saying you'll die without it, but don't discount what it does based on a site that's trying to sell you competing products.

tim74

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tim74

I'm in for my first woot.

My Waterpik branded one uplinked with Skynet long ago and went all manual on me. I think it's waiting for the revolution before reawakening so I think I'll melt it down now and keep an eye on this ultraviolet improved model.

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

I have searched high and low for the better part of the last hour, including the manufacturer website, for Replacement Toothbrush Heads for this w00t item.

I could not find them anywhere. They don't seem to exist.

So, the only option appears to be purchasing a whole new entire set-up with the four brush heads every time you use up your four toothbrush head's. If you brush 3x a day, you should replace your toothbrush every 3 months. I replace my toothbrushes every 2 months myself, whether they need it or not.

I guess that's one way to [strike]scam people into buying[/strike] get people to buy a whole new Violight Sonic Ion toothbrush set each and every year instead of just offering replacement toothbrush heads. That's a deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I'd have jumped on this.