ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rdesutter wrote:can I put special instructions for shipping.. or is it too late? I don't think mine shipped.

It's probably too late as the labels are in a big hunk in the warehouse. You can try emailing service@woot.com though

FYI: We don't generally do "special instructions". For $5 shipping, it's kinda no-frills.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

opps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opps
Jon651 wrote: I find that listening to actually purchasers and users (with my B-S filter firmly in place) provides more useful information and a better basis for making my decision.
Cheers - Jon651

Cannot disagree more. You chose to "listen" to a few “actual purchasers” on an individual site (what does this mean? 5 to 20 opinions?...what good is that?) Vs. relying on the Consumer Reports’ several thousand (maybe millions) reliability reviews. I cannot understand this at all.

stockli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stockli
opps wrote:Cannot disagree more. You chose to "listen" to a few “actual purchasers” on an individual site (what does this mean? 5 to 20 opinions?...what good is that?) Vs. relying on the Consumer Reports’ several thousand (maybe millions) reliability reviews. I cannot understand this at all.

K, got the consumer reports love there. Plenty of unscientific, clueless positive feedback here, though, so I'm sure I'll be happy with my purchase. Move along now...

cevec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cevec

Will some sort of e-mail be sent out after my item has shipped? And will I get a tracking number? Haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I'm in the Monday batch.

Scott952

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scott952

Ok, I ordered this Early Monday morning. And the message still tells me my order is in. Will I get an email or some kind of message from woot when it ships? It tells me to click on my order number link. Which I dont have a link. But i do have the order #

Any Ideas on how to find the status. Please help.
Thanks!

rletlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rletlow

Got mine in today.
All i can say is WOW!!!!

I vacuumed what I thought was a clean 8x5 throw rug. It had been vacuumed 2 days prior using my old vacuum cleaner and it appeared clean.

It almost filled up the canister half way.

Great vacuum

bobojay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobojay

Was wondering about shipping too. Hoped to get it the 22nd. But I guess it'll just show up mid week now.

By the way, bought a Square Trade 2yr extended warranty for 30% off 2 day after buying this unit from Woot. It was $41.00 w/discount. Probably too much, but it's a bit of piece of mind. Not much, just a little!

jranieri44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jranieri44
stormygoddess wrote:those 20% off coupons actually exclude Dyson (& anything else really pricey, like Mielle, Wusthof, Waterford crystal, cribs, etc) if you look at the fine print at the bottom. So you wouldn't have been able to get 20% off the vacuum anyway.

If you just ask they usually let you use the coupons on anything at BBB, regardless of what the fine print says. My sister-in-law used it on a Dyson, no problem.

michaelcosdon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelcosdon

Ummm. Mine didn't ship yet. I stepped on a Cheerio a week ago and have refused to clean it up unless I use my Dyson.

chomlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chomlee
Scott952 wrote:Ok, I ordered this Early Monday morning. And the message still tells me my order is in. Will I get an email or some kind of message from woot when it ships? It tells me to click on my order number link. Which I dont have a link. But i do have the order #

Any Ideas on how to find the status. Please help.
Thanks!

I have the same issue. I ordered mine mid afternoon Monday and it has been a week now and my status hasn't changed from "order is in". Is something wrong with my order because some people have reported already getting theirs?

Thanks

ALsoccer19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALsoccer19

same with me! I hope it ships today

drheartless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drheartless

This is the first time I've ordered anything off woot. Is this normally how long it takes to ship?

arkloos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arkloos
ALsoccer19 wrote:same with me! I hope it ships today

Me too! I talked it up alllllll weekend...the suspense is killing me!

aliceyness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliceyness

I'm still seeing the "order in" status as well; just getting a wee bit anxious! Hopefully it all goes well and my order changes to "shipped" soon!

lotsofvomit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotsofvomit
michaelcosdon wrote:Ummm. Mine didn't ship yet. I stepped on a Cheerio a week ago and have refused to clean it up unless I use my Dyson.

Before you vacuum up that cheerio with an inferior sucker, check this out. Under “Enter reference” use your order number. I didn’t use an account number and all the other stuff is self explanatory. Mine shipped on the 22nd but no update on Woot.

debradawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debradawn

I was wondering when my order will ship out? It has been six days since I ordered it and there hasn't been a notification of shipping... It may be because part of those days were a weekend, but I am just very excited to get this vacuum and want to make sure it gets here.
(We once bought a camera on woot and they ran out before shipping ours to us and we had to cancel the order and get a refund, so I just want to make sure that isn't what is occuring)

jenlamarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenlamarr

Checked this, thank you for the link, no info yet. I am now getting sad because I am going to have to use my old POS vacuum at least 1 more time.

jenlamarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenlamarr

Checked this, thank you for the link, no info yet. I am now getting sad because I am going to have to use my old POS vaccuum at least 1 more time.

GinaBeana87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GinaBeana87

I used that link but it says no information found. I am guessing that means it hasnt shipped at all yet. I am kinda frustrated since my items I ordered from the woot off have shipped but this hasnt.

billyciam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyciam
lotsofvomit wrote:Before you vacuum up that cheerio with an inferior sucker, check this out. Under “Enter reference” use your order number. I didn’t use an account number and all the other stuff is self explanatory. Mine shipped on the 22nd but no update on Woot.

Thanks for the link!

Breaks the unwritten inter-web's rule of waiting for a ship notice.

My Woot order page still says order placed, but fedex says it will be here tomorrow...happy times!

bobbyjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbyjoe
lotsofvomit wrote:Before you vacuum up that cheerio with an inferior sucker, check this out. Under “Enter reference” use your order number. I didn’t use an account number and all the other stuff is self explanatory. Mine shipped on the 22nd but no update on Woot.

Thanks! Apparently putting in only zip code is not enough, need to put in country too, even though it doesn't say its required.

Shipped on 22nd, ETA 28th, coming from TX.

bobbyjoe

aliceyness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliceyness

Jumping on the thank you bandwagon -- apparently it's supposed to be at my house by tomorrow!!! Woopie!!!

ALsoccer19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALsoccer19
aliceyness wrote:Jumping on the thank you bandwagon -- apparently it's supposed to be at my house by tomorrow!!! Woopie!!!

DAMN IT!

drheartless

No update to my account, tried the FedEx link and there are no records found. My bank account was charged but that was done without shipping or, as I can gather, knowing if there are enough units to fill all the orders. Am I missing something? Why is it so hard to find out what's going on with my item?

mavis2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavis2002

Thanks for the link. It didn't work for me until I put in the country and zip code. I'm getting mine tomorrow!

Drew826

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drew826
drheartless wrote:No update to my account, tried the FedEx link and there are no records found. My bank account was charged but that was done without shipping or, as I can gather, knowing if there are enough units to fill all the orders.

Same here. I'll keep checking back.

sonybless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonybless
agingdragqueen wrote:We've sent out a chunk already, the rest will be shipped on Monday which is also the fifth business day, hooray!

It's Monday. Would really appreciate a status update or a shipping number on the one I ordered.

batman8001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batman8001

Dear Woot,
I hope you know that I would never question your integrity or challenge your skills at shipping orders, but I am starting to worry. I recognize that the price paid for this Dyson multiplied by my excitement to receive this leaves me at the edge of my seat, but what gives? Usually I at least receive a tracking number the next day, although the unit doesn't actually ship right way; this time I've got nothing.

ez2plez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ez2plez

Yeah where are our tracking numbers? I am assuming you guys must be shipping these a little late today?

=) w00t w00t you betcha

craigawiley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigawiley

Thanks, worked for me.

Shame on Woot for making me wait on a confirmation though it had been shipped last week.

GinaBeana87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GinaBeana87

Well I sent them an email and this is what I got back.

"Please remember the confirmation email states that it can take up to 5 business days for the item to ship out to you. The date of purchase, weekends, and holidays are not counted as business days for purposes of processing your order. At present the order has tracking data assigned to it but it may take a few days for the tracking data to update with valid information"

Sounds like the rest went out today.

arkloos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arkloos

Just got my shipping confirmation email...ordered mid-day Monday.

Evolution2001

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Evolution2001

My tracking number / email just arrived. 'Course I go to FedEx's website and it says that it shipped out on the 22nd. *shrugging*
Would've been nice to know on the 22nd, but technically Woot had until the end of business today for the whole "5 business day" thing to expire. No biggie. I'll get it when I get it. Am I really THAT excited to vacuum? Ehh... It's like getting a new clothes iron.
:-|

batman8001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batman8001

Wahoo!!! Got a tracking number, but Fedex doesn't have a record of it yet, so I expect that it has not left TX yet.

drheartless

My crazy just got calmed down. I got a FedEx tracking number!

brendalouise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendalouise
LambertJohn wrote:Dysons are nice, but the flexible hose breaks with heavy use. And it's $50 to replace. Mine has broken three times over the years. Now I duct tape it to keep it working. Beware...great vacuum, bad hose design.

We've had our Dyson for 7 years and our hose just recently got a hole in it. A little duct tape and it works fine. I'm really looking forward to getting this new one.

brendalouise

Costner wrote:I never said Dyson was copying their design from someone else, I merely said they weren't as innovative as they would have you believe.

The cyclone design can be found in many vacuums that cost much less money. Some of them originally licensed the technology from Dyson, and others have similar (but not identical) designs - yet all of them cost much less.

In the scope of things aside from the bright colors and clever marketing, they just aren't that unique in the marketplace. I'll give them credit for their marketing campaign and commercials, but as far as the product doing what it is designed to do it simply isn't superior as we are lead to believe.

In fact, years ago Hoover had a similar "cyclonic" model but discontinued it because of poor sales. Dyson's design was perhaps better to some degree, but the reality is he was just better at marketing his product and he has been rewarded handsomely for doing so.

A clever marketing strategy still doesn't justify a $500 price-tag for a new model or $250-$300 for refurb in my opinion.

How many cheap Bissel or Hoovers will you buy in 10 years? We were going through $100 - $150 vacuums every year or two. Then we got our Dyson. We've had it 7, going on 8 years without an issue. I figure the $499 spent on the Dyson has saved us minimally $150 probably more like $300 over the years.

brendalouise

mducret wrote:I was in a vacuum repair store and they had over 30 broken units waiting to be fixed (they couldn't get spare parts fast enough for all the broken units.) The owner said that bagless vacuums eventually buttafuoco because they still have a filter that clogs and must be changed (but that the Dyson was overly complicated and its filter couldn't be changed by the end user) He didn't seem to mind all the repair work though!

Interesting because the filter is removable and it's recommended that you remove it and rinse it out every 3 months. Not by a repair shop, by the consumer - I do it all the time.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

sashastar4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashastar4

It wasn't until today I was aware the item was shipped FedEx. My APO address will not accept a FedEx shipment. Therefore my package will be sent back to you. How can I provide a new shipping address to recieve my item?

Sasha Robertson