ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
The Tim wrote:
That said, it is worth noting that the Buckyballs CEO seems to be a bit of a jerk. Had I seen that story before buying mine, I probably would have elected not to support a company that participates in such petty threats.

Dude! The Zen Magnets guy is wearing WOOT! shirt and 3-D Glasses! Gotta love him! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

chardonay

quality posts: 27 Private Messages chardonay
srikanthsurapaneni wrote:You seriously did not mean 'your' balls....did ya?

at least no one is pasting the link to that how to video

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

nicklcarey

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nicklcarey
namorama wrote:As fun as they look, I cannot bring myself to buy one. The sheer number of electronics and computer parts steer my decision to a resounding NO.

I am sad.

I would have to agree.... Set these next to you PC and it will be your last....

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
srikanthsurapaneni wrote:You seriously did not mean 'your' balls....did ya?

What? He said he bought them, so he owns them. Whose balls do you think he's playing with?

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

Mikeymadness

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Mikeymadness

I'm waiting for woot! to sell Zen Magnets again.

tlabrum3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tlabrum3

how big are they?

cikings51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cikings51

This is an even better deal than the last Buckyballs deal. The black and gold versions are $5 more than the regular version. Sweet.

tetchypoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tetchypoo
The Tim wrote:I picked up a few sets of these last time they were on here, and they're great fun. Everyone who walks into my office picks them up and plays with them, and many people have remarked how cool they are.

That said, it is worth noting that the Buckyballs CEO seems to be a bit of a jerk. Had I seen that story before buying mine, I probably would have elected not to support a company that participates in such petty threats.

Wow, thanks for that. Was considering this purchase, but I have no interest in supporting that tool.

halgorithm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages halgorithm
vladistov wrote:Magnets: How do they work?

My hobby; Magnets!

scudmuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scudmuffin
xjman349 wrote:If you're thinking about buying these....... STOP THINKING and buy them. I work in a call center and these have passed so much time. My friends love to play with them too. Buy them they rock!

I work in a call center and have always thought about buying them, just did on your recommendation. Slinky wasn't really cutting it.

Upon1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Upon1

blondish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondish

I couldn't resist these. I bought the silver set a while ago and can't put them down at work. I work in a call center and my current set has been passed around my co-workers at least a dozen times. Now I have a black and gold set to match and confuse. Woot! You kill my budget.

Achi||es

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Achi||es

Why the hell can't we order two of the same color? I want to combine them and having two colors adds a level of complexity I'm not ready to deal with.

otatop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otatop

beeseearr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beeseearr

I wonder when these will sell out... Need to resist buying more. (Bought 2 (x2) last time.)

Too bad their 'creator' is a self-admitted d-bag.

Bullet1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bullet1979

I did see that a link to this video has already been posted... but you all should watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Tka4NUmUo

gtmaster303

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gtmaster303

what the hell did i just buy?

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Achi||es wrote:Why the hell can't we order two of the same color? I want to combine them and having two colors adds a level of complexity I'm not ready to deal with.

Order one, then go back and order another.

mdgore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore

Same price as Amazon with super saver shipping. So where's the deal here? What's up with WOOT! anyways? They haven't had any really good deals for a couple of years now. scour the web, and you can find the same deal or even better on most of woots offerings. the worm has turned......

When do we get to buy souls?

momshopping

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momshopping

Pass. If I get crazy I'll buy them for the same price from the mfr. Not looking to waste money today. Sorry WOOT.

angeblah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angeblah
namorama wrote:As fun as they look, I cannot bring myself to buy one. The sheer number of electronics and computer parts steer my decision to a resounding NO.

I am sad.

Buckyballs should be kept away from electrical or magnetic devices, including but not limited to credit cards, hard drives, or pacemakers.

How worried should I be about this? 'Cause I'm pretty much always around a computer / credit card / whatever.

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

--==DO NOT HESITATE BUYING THESE!==--

These are hours of fun! Just don't let the kiddos play with them as they will eat them and die of scabies!

omgwin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages omgwin
wootasourous wrote:I have one recommendation for people thinking about buying these.

Buy spares.

I lost about 4 balls in the first week of having them and it was really annoying to not be able to put it back into a cube.

Good call. Just don't buy your spares from zen magnets, because they will make your buckyballs look bad.

iwearnosox

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iwearnosox

I am sad.

I wouldn't worry about it, I have an enormous neodymium magnet two feet from my computer. I've accidentally nearly killed myself with the thing but everything in my computer area has survived it including hard drives, memory cards, watches, etc.

mossygreen

quality posts: 65 Private Messages mossygreen

Oh, I don't know about this. I want them so badly! But I bought a set of two the last time they were up, and almost half of them started chipping within a month. I need to figure out if I should contact woot or the company, actually. They are too pricey to not be able to use half of them.

wootasourous

mdgore wrote:Same price as Amazon with super saver shipping. So where's the deal here? What's up with WOOT! anyways? They haven't had any really good deals for a couple of years now. scour the web, and you can find the same deal or even better on most of woots offerings. the worm has turned......

You don't get it. You are getting TWO sets for the price of one. Not just one set for regular price.

So technically they are $17.50 each instead of $25-35 for each one.

puppetsbane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puppetsbane

I bought a pair of the regular ones last time they were here, and my only regret is not buying two sets of two. More fun per dollar than anything ever! If you watch some of the videos of people doing tricks and are remotely tempted, go for it.

VariablePenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VariablePenguin

Whoo! Happy Daaance!!!
Less than half price!!
I'm so getting some!!

wootasourous

momshopping wrote:Pass. If I get crazy I'll buy them for the same price from the mfr. Not looking to waste money today. Sorry WOOT.

Like I've said twice now. You are getting two sets for the price of one. Not just one set for full price.

wootasourous

omgwin wrote:Good call. Just don't buy your spares from zen magnets, because they will make your buckyballs look bad.

Well. We can't all have the best balls now can we? He. He.

swesterhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swesterhoff

Do not taunt buckyballs.

silverfaux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silverfaux
mdgore wrote:Same price as Amazon with super saver shipping. So where's the deal here? What's up with WOOT! anyways? They haven't had any really good deals for a couple of years now. scour the web, and you can find the same deal or even better on most of woots offerings. the worm has turned......

Since you've literally been a member for couple years, I'm wondering at the veracity of your statements. Also, it is NOT the same price on Amazon. You may want to double check that statement as well. Maybe click some links?

In any case, the cheapest magnet set that pops up on Amazon when searching for Buckyballs is in fact the exact same price... but they aren't Buckyballs. And they also aren't the colored ones.

shoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoc

If you plan on buying these, watch this video first:

markzero

quality posts: 11 Private Messages markzero
If a Buckyball should become damaged or cracked, discontinue use immediately.

Are these baby Happy Fun Balls?

40 orders in shirt.woot alone. (66 shirts to wear and share!)

Jerboa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jerboa
Upon1 wrote:Zen Magnets > BuckyBalls

Wow, thanks for that. I'M CHECKING OUT SOME ZEN MAGNETS!

settyboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages settyboy
tlabrum3 wrote:how big are they?

Each ball is 5mm across making the cube a little over an inch wide(30mm). They're seriously smaller than you'd think.

I bought one set last time and immediately wished I had bought three after ten minutes of playing with them. Seriously addictive. I'm in for three sets this time! And hopefully it won't take a month to receive again.

dcrawl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dcrawl

There is a Magnet War going on between BuckyBalls and Zen Magnets.

Check out this video from Zen Magnets that plays the kinda rude voice mail that buckyballs left to Zen Magnets, and then watch the Zen Magnets people do science!

maxwax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maxwax

the ceo of buckyballs comes off like a jerk in that video.

stanfollis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanfollis
Jerboa wrote:Are these naturally colored, or are they painted? I'm worried about the color wearing off or peeling/chipping off.

I bought them the last time they were offered and enjoy them, but they are plated and about 3 have rusted. They turned black and very are rough.

iwearnosox

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iwearnosox
stanfollis wrote:I bought them the last time they were offered and enjoy them, but they are plated and about 3 have rusted. They turned black and very are rough.

That's magnetically racist. Why are you so polarizing all the time?