WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Motorola DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless 4 Handset Phone & Answering System

Speed to First Woot:
2m 57.000s
First Sucker:
marty20339
Last Wooter to Woot:
aaldinger
Last Purchase:
4 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 45% of Woot.com Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 17% first woot
  • 9% second woot
  • 37% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 16% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 13% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 18% one year old
  • 67% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 3% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
1%
1%
1%
3%
6%
9%
10%
9%
8%
6%
5%
4%
4%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
2%
4%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



wootalyzer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless 4 Handset Phone & Answering System
$44.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Motorola L404 DECT 6.0 Cordless 4 Handset Phone & Answering System

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bmw66x


quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

Alright, a phone, so now I can make breakups even easier.

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

PoorOldEdgarDerby


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PoorOldEdgarDerby

Huzzah! A phone for every corner of my room!

Chumatha87


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chumatha87

djslack


quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack

Have waited, and waited, and checked woot almost religiously waiting for a DECT 6.0 phone since getting internet phone service out here where my cell phone sucks. Before I wanted one, I remembered seeing them all the time. Haven't seen one in a while. The very day after I give up, break down and buy one at Target, Woot comes up with one.

Ah, that's how life goes.

wootntitbenice


quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootntitbenice

Does anyone know if these have clips on the handsets (so you can clip them to your pocket or belt)

teflondon79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teflondon79
PoorOldEdgarDerby wrote:Huzzah! A phone for every corner of my room!



Don't you mean one for every corner of your cell?

The Tim


quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

Average 3.5 stars from 7 reviews over at Amazon (where they sell it for $28 more than this deal).

Two notable complaints:

The phone does not give caller ID while on call waiting.


and

These phones keep all their data stored in the individual handsets. That means you have to enter your phonebook of 30 entries (yes, only 30) 4 times including ringtones, speed dials, etc... Also, the callerID information is kept separately on each handset so if you want to clear the memory or get rid of the "XX new calls" message, then you have to do it on every handset.

The phone only has 10 available ring tones. My cell phone from the 90's had more than that. Way too many button presses to get into and out of phonebook for changes.

Roostalee


quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

I haven't had a landline phone for a little while now, but can someone tell me why cordless phones come with 5+ handsets now? That's all I see now. Why so many handsets?

Potrzebie!

pamipa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages pamipa

BEST system to have if you run WiFi or Bluetooth in your home. I continuously had issues with my wireless keyboard when I had a 2.4 GHz system. This one (similar but slightly older model) worked PERFECTLY! A MUST BUY for mobility and compatibility in a tech home.

I fix computers remotely! I am the PCFixerGuy. I buy far too many woots. *hint hint*

melissadrag


quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag
djslack wrote:Have waited, and waited, and checked woot almost religiously waiting for a DECT 6.0 phone since getting internet phone service out here where my cell phone sucks. Before I wanted one, I remembered seeing them all the time. Haven't seen one in a while. The very day after I give up, break down and buy one at Target, Woot comes up with one.

Ah, that's how life goes.



Do you mind letting us know what you paid for it at Target?

dkowal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages dkowal

How are these on build quality and overall sound quality? Good from a technical perspective?

dak970

myagi


quality posts: 2 Private Messages myagi
djslack wrote:Have waited, and waited, and checked woot almost religiously waiting for a DECT 6.0 phone since getting internet phone service out here where my cell phone sucks. Before I wanted one, I remembered seeing them all the time. Haven't seen one in a while. The very day after I give up, break down and buy one at Target, Woot comes up with one.

Ah, that's how life goes.




Hurrah for abuse of return policies!

biggberg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggberg

does anyone know if it supports 2 lines? and if yes conferencing?

zipeater


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zipeater

Works nicely for eavesdropping on your wife(optional), kids(optional), your neighbors(probably legal) or yourself! The possibilities are endless!

LEM-


quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Well, well, well... Where do I start?

Those multi-handset systems can be great, if they have required set of features... Nothing about the below in description... So here I go:

1. Can multiple handsets be connected to outside caller at the same time? How many? I've seen systems like this where if one handset picked up the call, no luck on others, so no "conference" between you in garage, wife in kitchen and mother in law in Florida....

2. Does it have intercom feature - ability to call from one handset to another without disturbing outside line (and as a bonus, some systems allow to call from HS A to HS B, while HS C is online with outside caller, or carry two independent HS to HS conversations)? There's a button labeled "int", but what does it do, and again - how?

3. Derived from "2" above. Can you name handsets so that when calling from one to another, you'd be choosing "Living Rm", rather than generic "handset 3"?

4. Does the answering machine allow call screening?

5. Very frustrating on some systems: is the speed dial/phone book individual to each handset, or global for the system? If individual, can you transfer it from handset to handset? If not, you'd have to program each separately!!!

6. A comment rather than a question: DECT is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I've had almost all of them over time, and the DECT one is the one that is not afraid of the microwave, doesn't get in a way of WiFi, and has a very decent range!


*EDIT* Sounds like somebody answered my #5 while I was typing this... BEWARE - this is very frustrating shortcoming then!!! I've had a 2-handset system like that before (yes, just 2), and it was annoying as hell!

sailsagain


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sailsagain

My mom would keep these together on one stand so she could rotate them as each battery runs low on her calling marathons.

She can call lots of distant relatives and friends to keep in touch now that she has unlimited calling. Unlimited long distance, that is... the batteries only last so many hours on any cordless phone.

fmadden71


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fmadden71

These type of phone sets are great if your home doesn't have conveniently placed phone jacks or none at all (like the upstairs of my house).

There is one big drawback to these types of phone sets... only one handset may be in use at a time. So if you want someone else on your end to also join the conversation, they will need to use a phone that isn't part of this set.

But if that isn't an issue, and you are a long talker, you can easily switch to one of the other handsets, and now you can talk non-stop with being able to have 3 handsets charging at all times.

So, depending on your needs, they may be great, like they are for me. Or they may be terrible.

maybejet


quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
djslack wrote:Have waited, and waited, and checked woot almost religiously waiting for a DECT 6.0 phone since getting internet phone service out here where my cell phone sucks. Before I wanted one, I remembered seeing them all the time. Haven't seen one in a while. The very day after I give up, break down and buy one at Target, Woot comes up with one.

Ah, that's how life goes.



Target has a good return policy.

notanaardvark


quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark
pamipa wrote:BEST system to have if you run WiFi or Bluetooth in your home. I continuously had issues with my wireless keyboard when I had a 2.4 GHz system. This one (similar but slightly older model) worked PERFECTLY! A MUST BUY for mobility and compatibility in a tech home.



Thank you for answering my question before I asked! (At the risk of looking stoopid, that includes routers, right?)

nunyadamnbizness


quality posts: 7 Private Messages nunyadamnbizness

I just wonder how many people still have/use landlines these days? I foresee this being a future woot-off killer!!

Twysty


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Twysty

Any idea if a plantronics headset would fit in these?

sailsagain


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sailsagain
Roostalee wrote:I haven't had a landline phone for a little while now, but can someone tell me why cordless phones come with 5+ handsets now? That's all I see now. Why so many handsets?



1. You can put them in multiple places so you have one handy (less answering the phone out of breath from running to the room where the phone is).

2. If you talk a LOT, you have backup handsets as the battery runs down.

3. If you are good at losing handsets you have a higher probability of finding at least one when you need it.

djslack


quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack
melissadrag wrote:Do you mind letting us know what you paid for it at Target?



It was like $19 for a single handset Uniden DECT1560. No answering machine and it doesn't look nearly as sharp as these. Just a basic phone, I just wanted the DECT 6.0 to not interfere with my wifi and gadgetry, so when I saw they had one for that cheap I went ahead and grabbed it.

myagi wrote:Hurrah for abuse of return policies!



True enough, I'm thinking about upgrading. I bought the cheapy, don't much need 4 handsets but 2 might be nice. I just thought the timing was incredible.

sailsagain


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sailsagain
nunyadamnbizness wrote:I just wonder how many people still have/use landlines these days? I foresee this being a future woot-off killer!!



Alas, there are still an awful lot of us who live in the mountainous rural areas where cell towers are not good investments - AKA dead zones. Sigh...
On that note, thanks WOOT! The Ooma offered a few days back works great!

jbone108


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbone108
djslack wrote:Have waited, and waited, and checked woot almost religiously waiting for a DECT 6.0 phone since getting internet phone service out here where my cell phone sucks. Before I wanted one, I remembered seeing them all the time. Haven't seen one in a while. The very day after I give up, break down and buy one at Target, Woot comes up with one.

Ah, that's how life goes.



Join the club I've been waiting on Woot for months and ordered a set from Amazon tonight and can't cancel the order...
And to those that ask I spent more and got less

LEM-


quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
fmadden71 wrote:

There is one big drawback to these types of phone sets... only one handset may be in use at a time. So if you want someone else on your end to also join the conversation, they will need to use a phone that isn't part of this set.



Do you know this for a fact regarding given system? Some of them allow at least two handsets to be on at the same time (I have a 6-handset Uniden right now that allows it). And it is usually enough, at least for our family...

Chumatha87


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chumatha87
LEM- wrote:Well, well, well... Where do I start?

Those multi-handset systems can be great, if they have required set of features... Nothing about the below in description... So here I go:

1. Can multiple handsets be connected to outside caller at the same time? How many? I've seen systems like this where if one handset picked up the call, no luck on others, so no "conference" between you in garage, wife in kitchen and mother in law in Florida....

2. Does it have intercom feature - ability to call from one handset to another without disturbing outside line (and as a bonus, some systems allow to call from HS A to HS B, while HS C is online with outside caller, or carry two independent HS to HS conversations)? There's a button labeled "int", but what does it do, and again - how?

3. Derived from "2" above. Can you name handsets so that when calling from one to another, you'd be choosing "Living Rm", rather than generic "handset 3"?

4. Does the answering machine allow call screening?

5. Very frustrating on some systems: is the speed dial/phone book individual to each handset, or global for the system? If individual, can you transfer it from handset to handset? If not, you'd have to program each separately!!!

6. A comment rather than a question: DECT is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I've had almost all of them over time, and the DECT one is the one that is not afraid of the microwave, doesn't get in a way of WiFi, and has a very decent range!


*EDIT* Sounds like somebody answered my #5 while I was typing this... BEWARE - this is very frustrating shortcoming then!!! I've had a 2-handset system like that before (yes, just 2), and it was annoying as hell!





Ok, my attempts to answer these questions.

1. You can set up a conference call but it only seems to be with 2 phones. You have to have put the call on hold, call the other handset, and take the phone off hold. Much like three way-calling.

2. Seems to be able to dial 1 headset at a time. You have to dial the headset but it doesn't say anything about multiple headsets being able to intercom.

3. It has the ability to name each headset, but it doesn't say anything about that being used for dialing other headsets. When dialing another headset, it says to dial the number of the headset, doesn't say if it will show the name.

4. Yes call screening is supported. It can be turned off/on in the options

5. It seems to be a phonebook for each phone. No information on a shared phonebook at all in the manual.

All of these questions were answered by looking at the manual. I don't actually have these phones.

TechDiva


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TechDiva

Hooray for the brilliant writing. Perhaps I will see you at the Rally to Restore Sanity. I am hoping I will not be the one getting my head stomped.

GoSolar


quality posts: 3 Private Messages GoSolar

SOOOO, am I correct that these WON'T work with my recently purchased ooma telo here on Woot!?

rom


quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

will this work on 220v?

sailsagain


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sailsagain
fmadden71 wrote:
There is one big drawback to these types of phone sets... only one handset may be in use at a time. So if you want someone else on your end to also join the conversation, they will need to use a phone that isn't part of this set.



LEM- wrote:Do you know this for a fact regarding given system? Some of them allow at least two handsets to be on at the same time (I have a 6-handset Uniden right now that allows it). And it is usually enough, at least for our family...



Even though our phone (panasonic) had 3 handsets and only one was connected to the jack, we were able to use all three to talk at the same time. Are there really cordless phones that this wouldn't work on?

wicket602


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wicket602

Does anyone know if you could use the handsets as conference calls between handset to handset or as sound monitors??

mvanco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

I have a set of these. The DECT 6.0 is awesome. They are the first phone I have had that I can use outside my house. I have aluminum siding and that usually blocks signals from the lesser phones. These will work up to 30 feet outside in the yard.

  • Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

djslack


quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack
GoSolar wrote:SOOOO, am I correct that these WON'T work with my recently purchased ooma telo here on Woot!?



They very much WILL work with your Ooma. Plug the main unit into the phone plug on the Ooma and bingo, you're in business!

Edit: Here's how to handle Ooma's voicemail with a regular phone. The Ooma handsets will get you some niftiness but these will work for phone service.

emurray


quality posts: 1 Private Messages emurray
fmadden71 wrote:These type of phone sets are great if your home doesn't have conveniently placed phone jacks or none at all (like the upstairs of my house).



Or if you have VOIP (like Vonage or Comcast Digital Voice) and are lazy like me and don't want to take the time to reconfigure the telephone jacks in your whole house with the VOIP line.

Chumatha87


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chumatha87
sailsagain wrote:Even though our phone (panasonic) had 3 handsets and only one was connected to the jack, we were able to use all three to talk at the same time. Are there really cordless phones that this wouldn't work on?



I have a 3 set Panasonic that works the same way, and I also have another 2 set Uniden. The 3 set Panasonic can all talk at same time, but the Uniden can only have 1 headset on at a time.

The motorola one looks like the same way (only one headset at a time), but with a way to conference with one other headset.

TJFoxxxx


quality posts: 12 Private Messages TJFoxxxx

Are these comfortable to hold in the crook of your neck?

djslack


quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack

I'll be the obligatory Froogler and say that the next cheapest is Fry's at $70 plus shipping/tax.