efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

I love playing with my balls. Unfortunately they sometimes leave a silvery or grey residue on my hands, you know... cause the magnets chip...

papascubes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papascubes

They're just magnets right?

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

Oh nice, just what i need is another set. Do you think this would be a good replacement for an 86 year old man who lost his marbles ?

heavyweather77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages heavyweather77

Me, yesterday, to my girlfriend, while jogging: "You know what I'd like to get your dad for Christmas? Those Buckyball desk magnet things. Too bad they're expensive. Sometimes Woot has good deals on them, but there's no way they'll have them again before Christmas." Today: Woot has Buckyballs-- but 2 for the price of 1, instead of 1 for the price of .5. But my dad will like them, too, so I'm in.

andrewusn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewusn

i would really love to know what this toy is and what the big deal is about this toy. i see these so much on here and it just looks like a bunch of magnetic balls, whats so good aboot that?

richellelander

quality posts: 18 Private Messages richellelander
andrewusn wrote:i would really love to know what this toy is and what the big deal is about this toy. i see these so much on here and it just looks like a bunch of magnetic balls, whats so good aboot that?

They are supposed to be an addictive toy that you can mold and make shapes with. Do a you tube search and you'll see a lot of videos with people doing various things with them.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

bolomark3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolomark3

I don't care what other people think of me but, the endless possibilities of the Buckyball provide my friends and I countless hours of fun. I have to say these have to be one of the greatest things invented since the light bulb.

firstpancake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firstpancake

what are the chances of these arriving by dec 17th?

cvcoast

quality posts: 18 Private Messages cvcoast

How embarrassing! I had to call my daughter-in-law to make sure my son doesn't already have Bucky Balls. I know he didn't have them when he was born, but that was 30 years ago,(and I never saw him naked after he turned seven anyway.)

pulsar29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pulsar29

Not the end of the world, but after a little research, it appears the owner of this company is a real jerk... and his competitor, Zen Magnets, has a superior product. In the best of the Season, we'll pass on this one....

inanepenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inanepenguin

Buckyballs are good, Zen is better though. Buckyballs eventually deteriorate and the coating rubs off.

richellelander

quality posts: 18 Private Messages richellelander

If we stopped buying products from companies who's CEO are jerks, we wouldn't be buying much.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

Ozzmosis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozzmosis

Someone takes the time to write these 'descriptions' for Woot..I just wish they included welcome the holidays the product is. I'm out.

quartermane

quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane
richellelander wrote:If I buy a set, will you stop putting these up every week?

Bucky's are Woots new Roomba's and Sansa's. They are here dude forever

awozniak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awozniak
morrowz wrote:Anyone else vaguely offended by the name of this particular toy? Buckyballs have a very specific meaning in science, not really related to magnets at all...

C'mon now Morrowz, havent we all got many other more important issues to deal with? If it offends you, cast it out. But leave everyone else who has no such affliction alone to enjoy. Merry Christmas!! Wozman

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
inanepenguin wrote:Buckyballs are good, Zen is better though. Buckyballs eventually deteriorate and the coating rubs off.

Everything eventually deteriorates.

Everything.

chimpsnest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
flakfire wrote:Keep 'em outta the hands (or rather mouths) of the youngins.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5548a3.htm

Best adhere to the 14 and up age recommendations.

Pets too can eat 'em w/deadly consequences

If I did get these it would be for the office

I am better than everybody else!

samuraix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuraix

I got two of these on the last woot. They are fun and challenging.

Afterwards I found this site -> http://www.theneocube.org/

Multiple color options and on;y $12.35 for the 5mm set w/ free shipping. I haven't tried these but plan to order some to test as gifts.

Has anyone else tried these?

iamjs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamjs
morrowz wrote:Anyone else vaguely offended by the name of this particular toy? Buckyballs have a very specific meaning in science, not really related to magnets at all...

I know what they're for, and the name isn't the least bit offensive to me.

If Buckminster Fuller was still alive today, I doubt he'd be offended.

Random crap: x7 (Most recent: 7.24.14)

tdurden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tdurden

Youtube video of the woot test is gone. I'm guessing they got a call from the Buckyballs CEO...

jsolanto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsolanto

Not a deal, you can get these at the store for the same price minus the shipping. Batteries Plus sells them for 29...... OUCH

jsolanto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsolanto

Ooops, i see its a 2 pack... Not a bad deal!

ponagathos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponagathos
Devil2U wrote:BUMP

"We're a $20 Million company!"

Perhaps, but you are not getting my business. I absolutely hate companies that try and throw their weight around to get their way.

Buckyfail.

I have the zen ones, which I do believe are superior, but if giving as a gift the packaging is nowhere near a good as Buckyballs.

Tamshin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamshin

This is by far the favorite toy at work. Nobody can leave them alone.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
antrus wrote:My fiance and I are going to have people throw these at us instead of rice after our wedding! We're both wearing metal robot outfits!

You crazy kids !

dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645

bought 3 sets of 2 a month or two ago.
i've only played with them a little and my bro-in law got an early christmas present when he snooped in the woot box his were still in.

wilceaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilceaser

Why Woot? Why???????

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

What happens if you put these near your laptop / hard drive? Or phone? Could it get expensive?

tsero4

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tsero4

This better be the last time this is on woot! I swear the next time I see Bucky Balls I will vomit!

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex

Can you make a buckyball with buckyballs?

gavottegrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gavottegrey

I'm positively repelled by these.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tdurden wrote:Youtube video of the woot test is gone. I'm guessing they got a call from the Buckyballs CEO...

Both videos on the main page played just fine for me.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

viksmart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viksmart
gavottegrey wrote:I'm positively repelled by these.

...and I'm just negatively attracted to them!

In 4 1 ....

arslock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arslock

anyone know how the shipping was when they offered these again? it was slow as balls the first time. in for 2 anyways

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
chacongustavo wrote:so i guess you like to play? i see no use for this

Wow thanks!We were on pins and needles wondering what YOU thought of these!

CandyGramForMongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CandyGramForMongo
derekio wrote:this isn't a deal. same price as their website.

The web site is for one...this is for two...

stoobie588

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stoobie588

I was thinking Buckeye balls would be quite worse. Huskerballs has a nice ring to it though.

gkcmilner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gkcmilner

Perfect timing! I've been shopping online trying to decide which ones to get. Thanks Woot for making up my mind!

huskykatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huskykatz

How much do you think it costs to make one set of these balls? My guess is that the packaging is more expensive that the actual balls. Any more knowledgeable guesses out there?

mrivett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrivett

It's BuckyBalls Tuesday! They are fun to play with. If you don't want people stopping by your desk and playing with your balls I would advise against buying them.