Pazuzu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Pazuzu
apctek1998 wrote:obviously you are a man without principal.

No no no...I'm a man that got all three tool sets that I requested. That makes me better than you I was also smart enough to not request a $3 multitool. Why would one do that? Do you think it would end up being a safe and effective tool? Did ya? See, I look at "$3 multitool" and all I can see is blood and pain. Are you so angry because Woot's mistake will not allow you to suffer that blood and pain? That's kinda weird...now who doesn't have principals...

Pazuzu

pigs4me wrote:yes you pull the black plastic "knob" (more like a little disc) off and that is how you attach the sockets and the extension thing too. under the black knob you'll see a part that sticks out with 4 sides -- just the right shape for the sockets. enjoy!

Thank you! I had tried that originally and the knob didn't come off, but from your assurance I tried again. It's quite a bit tighter than one would expect for a piece that tiny!

peppysfireball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppysfireball

I got my sets today. 6 instead of 3. My husband is union carpenter and thinks skil is great. He doesn't understand all the cheap quality comments. These are great.

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

Got mine today.
Even cheaper crap than I thought it would be and I didn't get the 20 pc 1/4" drive set. I got the the 4pc mini T handle instead but the 20 pc set is the one I really wanted.

I understand that they sold a crap load of these, but that's there job, it's what they do. If I were that sloppy at work, I'd get the boot faster than Woot! could (and will) screw up another order.

cubbiemi

quality posts: 40 Private Messages cubbiemi

Opened mine up today...
Got the 3 things I ordered.
I'm not a "toolguy" but someone who just needs a tool sometimes...

My impressions from 2 min of toying -

MultiTool, looks nice feels sturdy.

Palm Ratchet a little meh, but only because I thought the palm portion was bigger.

52pc Ratcheting Screwdriver Set, its 2, 2, 2 screwdrivers in 1 box.

Scale in pictures is important Woot!.
But then I remember I paid $4.66ish for each item, I'm ok with it.

Better scale indicators for the future, look into it.

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998
Pazuzu wrote:No no no...I'm a man that got all three tool sets that I requested. That makes me better than you I was also smart enough to not request a $3 multitool. Why would one do that? Do you think it would end up being a safe and effective tool? Did ya? See, I look at "$3 multitool" and all I can see is blood and pain. Are you so angry because Woot's mistake will not allow you to suffer that blood and pain? That's kinda weird...now who doesn't have principals...

Like i said you do not have any, since all we are talking about is principal being how cheap the item is. I have spent thousands with woot over the past 4 years and have been happy with the web site. until now that is, besides now i have to put up with people who are master mechanics with a 1/4 drive socket set. blood and pain i guess if you are so stu pid to torque something so small down. so stick it in your ass hole.

ARSkemp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ARSkemp

I got mine, here's my initial impressions:

***20pc Ratcheting Palm Driver Set***
Front of the case came cracked, probably happened during shipping but it seems almost like the palm driver doesn't fit correctly in the case (it pushes against the clear plastic front when closed). Quality seems to be what I expected, maybe a little better. However, like another wooter mentioned, the "Palm Driver" is much smaller than I expected, it seems like its almost meant for baby hands. Still think it was worth it though, seems like a nice small tool I'm sure I'll find a use for at some point or another.

***22 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set***
Front of the case is also cracked, oh well. Feels much cheaper than the palm driver, more in line of what I would expect a $3 tool would feel like. I personally was hoping for maybe just a little bit better but it is acceptable for light work.

***52 Piece Ratcheting Screwdrivers***
Gonna have to figure out how i'm not gonna lose the extra bits that don't fit in the screwdriver but I knew that going in. I was hoping they could slide onto the 3" extension bar but, alas, they do not. They feel much higher quality than either they palm driver or the precision screwdriver. These are definitely what I am most happy with.

***Other Notes***
I also was one of the people who did not get the multitool they ordered (I got the 2 ratcheting screwdrivers instead). I don't mind too much since I was debating between the multitool and the screwdrivers. Since the screwdrivers feel more sturdy than I would have thought I'm for the most part happy. It would have been nice to get an email saying they were out of stock and were going to ship me a different item though...

cubbiemi

ARSkemp wrote:
I also was one of the people who did not get the multitool they ordered (I got the 2 ratcheting screwdrivers instead). I don't mind too much since I was debating between the multitool and the screwdrivers. Since the screwdrivers feel more sturdy than I would have thought I'm for the most part happy. It would have been nice to get an email saying they were out of stock and were going to ship me a different item though...

I wonder if the people not getting multitools had to do with human error.
The Multitool and the 2 screwdriver sets were both in white boxes.
While they were different, screwdrivers box opens from top rather than side and was taped.

I wonder if one of the packing, I want to say gremlins but that might insult people, people was just grabbing white square boxes every time they saw multitool and confused the piles.

Did anyone order the 2 screwdriver pack and get a multitool instead?

This might explain why Woot didn't send out alerts because everything was supposed to be fine on their end, and they are unaware.

As always - Yelling and foot stomping on the boards rarely gets you any resolution. You need to email woot, look down at the bottom that whole write us link, and explain your situation and let them see what they can do to fix your issue.

ProTips
- Do not yell at the person answering your email, they did not pick you out personally to screw over.
- Do be polite and REASONABLE. Humans sometimes make mistakes, and Woot! likes happy customers.
They are not likely to send you cases of the tools to make up for this small issue.
They will not post a YouTube video of the person responsible for your package error being shot in the head. (well maybe with a nerf dart, this is afterall Woot!)

Even if your satisfied with your mispacked order, you might want to let Woot! know it happened to you to. This might let them find the flaw in the system and try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

jjunior99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjunior99

I just found out that they didn't send my Skil Tool Set at all. They said that it was lost in Transit, and the tracking number they sent me was incorrect. i wonder if knew sold out of my items and took my money knowing it wasn't sent. Now i have to find some more christmas gifts. No replacements just a refund.

mathiasslim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathiasslim

just recieved mine today... same issue many others had, they sent me the racheting screwdriver set instead of the multitool set...

emailed them just to give them the heads up.

looks like dad is getting the racheting screwdrivers for christmas instead of the multitool :p

ecupps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecupps

Awesome set!! Thanks WOOT!

xcarnifex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xcarnifex

Missing multi-tool set, replaced with 2 pack pivot screwdriver set. Emailed them about it, hopefully it'll be a non-time limited gift card to take shipping off future woot or a few bucks off future woot. Since I doubt they have replacement sets sitting around, and Im not going to pay to ship back a 3-4 dollar set of tools.

Figured their inventory tracker would be better than this considering how much stuff they sell in a 48 hour period on woot offs.

tenter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenter

Just received 2, but the description was a little misleading, it looked like I was buying everything and not just the 23 piece ratchet set. I'm dissapointed.

cubbiemi

tenter wrote:Just received 2, but the description was a little misleading, it looked like I was buying everything and not just the 23 piece ratchet set. I'm dissapointed.

*blink blink blink blink*
One moment while I reboot my brain.
*blink blink blink blink*

And when you clicked the I want one button and then had to pick what item(s) you wanted, you still somehow thought it was for all of the items pictured?

Would you be interested in an exciting offer?
I have this bridge for sale... in Brooklyn...willing to let it sell cheap.

CHEMICAL1HAPPINESS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHEMICAL1HAPPINESS

I just got mine tody and love them...What fantastic little sets they are...They seem to be of good quality and they will be very useful...And it seems the packers at WOOT gave me a little bonus..Thank you guys!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT........

miles550

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miles550

Got my items today--erm, technically yesterday, and i'm rather satisfied with my first woot, though I've been a member of the site for months, waiting for my moment to pounce.

I had originally purchased the 23 piece ratchet set and the palm driver set, but I was plagued with the accursed inventory error email and was informed I would be receiving a different ratchet set, and *gasp* I won't be receiving my palm driver! Instead, I'll be receiving *gasp again* a regular ratcheting screwdriver! I passed this off as human error, or a massive takeover of Skil toolsets, and resolved to wait for my new toolkits to ship.

Shipping was a bit delayed, and took a bit longer than usual, though that is to be expected. I do live in the middle of nowhere, and the Fedex truck was on the road for 8 hours before it got to my road, according to the tracking site.

Now, I won't bore you much longer, but when I opened the package, I had four toolkits! This was a pleasant surprise, and I don't quite understand why people are so upset. Ah well, people will be people.

The quality seems to be at least decent, though I haven't had a chance to use them yet. Overall, it was a satisfying experience, and I look forward to wooting again

coreync

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coreync

I got a woot box in the mail in mint condition yesterday. No multitool, but I am not upset about that. What bothers me is the busted up plastic case for the 20 piece driver set. No damage to the shipping box at all, meaning that somebody had to put it in the box in that condition.

Woot, if you are going to sell damaged goods at least let us know.

earlewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earlewoot

I ordered a qty of 2, and only received one. Is the other one planned to be shipped at a later time? Why did they not ship them together, there was room in the box it was shipped in.

1loudsvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1loudsvt

I ordered 3 and got 7...sorry to the people that did not get what they ordered

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

The package arrived today after making a curious trip from Dallas to Martinsburg, then To Edison (which is supposed to be the USPS handoff hub), then back to Martinsburg, and then straight to my post office... That was quite a journey, compliments to SmartPost!

I guess it paid off that I dragged myself out of the bed and ordered quite early in the game. First off scored the precision set to begin with, and then got exactly what I ordered (and that included so much spoken about multi-tool and the 23 piece ratcheting set along with aforementioned precision set)... Guess they were fulfilling on first come first served basis. Or so I hope.

Anyway - I haven't given any of these a REAL test yet, but they seem pretty nice. The smaller bits do look fragile, so I wouldn't use them in my 18V power drill, but the larger ones and the socket bits feel pretty good in a hand! I'll see how it goes, but for the money I'm very happy. Saw some similar (though different brand) tool sets in Sears for $10 a set the other day :/

cubbiemi

earlewoot wrote:I ordered a qty of 2, and only received one. Is the other one planned to be shipped at a later time? Why did they not ship them together, there was room in the box it was shipped in.

You need to use the contact us function at the bottom of the page and let them know you did not get everything you ordered.
It helps if you goto the My Account page and grab the order number off of the list, you might need to look at the receipt to find it.

Woot! will do their best to make it right, although given then the number of items that were sold out, it is possible the only resolution available will be a refund for your missing item.

ruinsinred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruinsinred

Still haven't gotten mine yet. They have been in transit for 3 days in my home city, so I am not sure what is up there, unless the post office is just backed up from the holiday shipping.

After reading all these reviews and comments.. I am a little excited and interested to see if I get the multi-tool and the 23pc driver set I ordered with all the mix ups and crazyness I have read.

Anyone else still waiting for this?

peachowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachowl

My tools have been stuck in the NJ USPS since Dec 16. How much longer till NY gets a hold of them?

At this point I think the USPS truck broke down and they're using my tools to fix it.

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

ordered 2 and got 4, two ratchet sets and two ratcheting screw drivers (that had not even been on the list) plus was not even what i ordered. great deal. maybe they felt sorry for me having to wait so long.

lkjacobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lkjacobs
Pazuzu wrote:Thank you! I had tried that originally and the knob didn't come off, but from your assurance I tried again. It's quite a bit tighter than one would expect for a piece that tiny!

That may work, but the easier way is to use the provided adapter (the thing with a square end and a little ball). It goes in the same place as the bits and then sockets fit onto it. That's what it's there for.

My shipment took a ridiculous 11 days from Dallas to Florida. The heroes are Woot (shipped the day after the order) and the USPS, which delivered it the day it was put into their hands. The loser was FedEx and their team of donkeys that took five days to get from Dallas to Mississippi, another 4 days to Orlando and then 2 more to make the 2-hour drive to my local PO. Smartpost may be smart for somebody, but certainly not for the package recipients.

I received exactly what was ordered: 1/4" socket set, multi-tool and dual ratcheting screwdrivers. Nothing extra; nothing substituted. Quality is what was expected for the price: fine for casual use, but not commercial-grade. Most bits are marked as "CR-V", chrome-vanadium, which is a pleasant surprise considering the cost.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
genjy wrote:My order came...

*Worst*
Multi-tool: Heavy, cheap quality. Doesn't seem very useful.

*OK*
Precision Tool: Lots of attachment bits, but the extension feels loose when attached. Looks somewhat useful.

*Awesome*
Ratcheting Screwdrivers: Came in a PAIR, good quality, design, and feel, lots of attachment bits. Definitely the most useful of the three items.

I finally got mine, and I also got a pair of the ratcheting screwdrivers.

These come with Pozidriv bits, which is unusual. The multitool also came with Pozidri bits. You may not ever run into PZ screws, but, if you do, these will be great. The heads of the screws look like Phillips with a cross etched at 45 degrees. You can use Phillips screwdrivers in Pozidriv screws, but the fit is much better with the PZ bits and you are much less likely to strip them.

Pazuzu

lkjacobs wrote:That may work, but the easier way is to use the provided adapter (the thing with a square end and a little ball). It goes in the same place as the bits and then sockets fit onto it. That's what it's there for.

I don't believe that I have a socket adapter for the 1/4 hex drive (edit, see below, the 23 pieces has it). I would have used that, of course, except that it doesn't appear to be part of this kit:
http://sale.images.woot.com/HG20942A_specs01.jpg <--picture of socket mounted on backside, as suggested earlier
http://sale.images.woot.com/HG20942A_specs02.jpg <--Picture of packaging, showing no socket adapter

The 23 piece set DOES have such an adapter, but the 20 piece doesn't. That's fine with me, I bought these specifically to access the bolts that hold the seats in my car, which get swapped out for races and are a bear to get to. The socket adapter would make the whole thing far too tall. I wanted a very specific, single use, specialized too for that, and the 20 piece setup is perfect for me.

tlawson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tlawson

Great job Woot!
I ordered 3 tool sets and received 4 sets - great Christmas gifts. Good email communication and customer service will keep me comming back for more.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
traewatkins wrote:Actually I believe this is mail fraud.

An I AM PISSED about this and im done with woot.

These were ordered as x-mas presents and now I gotta go find things like this for more because WOOT has lost it's way.

Wow - I wonder how you handle errant orders at Olive Garden.... whip out your .45 and start shooting? :-P

Kick back and relax - you are talking about a set of $3 items, not Faberge eggs.

But seriously - Woot did screw the pooch on this one. I ordered 2 of X and 1 of Y and got 1X and 2Y. I will be sending a note to Woot Support asking for the 1X I did not get, but will probably not get it based on the comments I've read. And I can appreciate the frustration of not having the planned xmas presents.. but to claim mail fraud (a federal offense) because some numbnutz either couldn't count or grabbed the wrong item is absolutely ridiculous. Based on past actions by Woot, you should be getting a refund or sorts for their error.

(Sheesh - "mail fraud".... give me a dang break....)

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
thaskaman wrote:http://www.meijer.com/s/apollo-precision-tools-39-piece-general-tool-set/_/R-119259

consider the following

don't you mean "preceding"? ;-)

dgbarstow2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgbarstow2
Pazuzu wrote:I love it when you kids get all complainy.
"oh, Woot didn't send me a $3 tool set, they sent me a different $3 tool set, I was going to give that $3 tool set to my grandma who lives in the woods and needs tools to survive!"

Come on people. They sold 50,000 $3 tool sets, most of which were slight variations of the others. So, they miscounted a bit, big deal, it happens. Do you complain when McDonalds doesn't put 5.3 grams of mustard on your burger (your $1 burger, mind you...).

Now, on to people who aren't complaining about the Woot service.
I got the 009-154-SKL 20 piece 1/4 inch ratchet set. Now, I'm a pretty proficient guy when it comes to tools, but for the life of me I cannot tell how to get the sockets on the tool. From one picture, it appears that I need to pull the black plastic knurled knob off, but i don't have my set in front of me (my $3 set, mind you). So, anyone have it in front of them, and is willing to pull the know off and check that the sockets go there?

talk about a tool! Apples to oranges man. If you ordered a knife and got a spoon, you telling me you would just figure out how to cut that dry hardened steak your wife burned for ya? doubtful