3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bumpsetspike825

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bumpsetspike825

Is anyone else uncomfortable about using a "refurbished" ladder?

gormnt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gormnt

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant-14016-Alta-One-250-Pound/dp/B002QB1D48

Amazon. I like this ladder.

ebuckle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebuckle

These are awesome ladders, but they weigh a freakin' ton! Not sure about buying a refurb ladder though...

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

DarthNinja

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DarthNinja

Just the thing for hanging lights or setting up the tree! Well, maybe for us late decorators... (or next year).

Bog of carp anyone?

remisser

quality posts: 13 Private Messages remisser

Can this be used without a partner to support it? Because in the pictures the people are using it solo... I thought that was a no-no in the ladder world.

jyelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jyelle

I have the 15' one, and it's really easy to work with. Mine reaches to about 12' so I'm not sure where they get the extra 3', but the 19' one will probably span 16' reliably.

The "refurbished" probably means that they had to rework the mechanisms to expand/adjust the ladder -- they wouldn't be able to resell it if it didn't hold it's rated 250lbs.

Well worth the $170 in my opinion.

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet

The LAST ladder you will ever buy.
(of you take care of it and keep it out of the elements)

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Little Giant ladders are literally the bomb. Not sure about a refurbed one though. Reviews are great, though.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/little-giant-ladder-systems-m22-type-1a-aluminum-workplatform-reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

Monica1236

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Monica1236

Hmm...

If I got this for my dad does it come with a manuel? He won't know how to make it into different configurations.

sportster25

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sportster25

Chute. Thats a nice ladder!

JCamp4321

quality posts: 9 Private Messages JCamp4321

Was this product designed by Ilene?...

HAMMER TIME!!!

thehead71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thehead71

Cool, a refurbished ladder. Pass the savings onto me! Oh wait.

Crab

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Crab
bumpsetspike825 wrote:Is anyone else uncomfortable about using a "refurbished" ladder?

That was my first thought. I mean, what did they do to "refurbish it? Wipe the blood off and replace the broken rung?

mattageddon

quality posts: 23 Private Messages mattageddon

♪♫ When you're standing on a ladder and you feel a little splatter, diarrhea, diarrhea! ♪♫

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

manbearpig54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manbearpig54

I think I found the ladder on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4q_TFno3nM

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek
ebuckle wrote:These are awesome ladders, but they weigh a freakin' ton! Not sure about buying a refurb ladder though...

What exactly is bad about buying a refurb ladder?

Its easy to find a defective part and replace it.
Its not like they are selling refurbished tissue.

Bandrik

quality posts: 76 Private Messages Bandrik

What could have POSSIBLY happened to these ladders that could have caused them to be refurbished? Haha, just think about that for a little bit. From people walking under them for bad luck to the hijinx from would-be xmas decorators.

And you, the fine Woot customer, will be inheriting one of these deathtraps. Ghosts and all. Perhaps this is where the Ghosts of Christmases Past, Present, and Yet to Come came from. Enjoy! :D

Monica1236

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Monica1236
Crab wrote:That was my first thought. I mean, what did they do to "refurbish it? Wipe the blood off and replace the broken rung?

HAHA, thats funny

JCamp4321

quality posts: 9 Private Messages JCamp4321
sportster25 wrote:Chute. Thats a nice ladder!

The Gumdrop Princess has spoken... ;-)

HAMMER TIME!!!

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek

I hope woots ladder is better than this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h3sRoa5W2M

Adrenalynn333

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Adrenalynn333

Dang it, Woot, I said "leader" _L_E_A_D_E_R_.

Silly earthlings.

dopeonplastic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dopeonplastic
JCamp4321 wrote:The Gumdrop Princess has spoken... ;-)

It took me a minute to get that.... then Haha.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Bandrik wrote:What could have POSSIBLY happened to these ladders that could have caused them to be refurbished? Haha, just think about that for a little bit. From people walking under them for bad luck to the hijinx from would-be xmas decorators.

And you, the fine Woot customer, will be inheriting one of these deathtraps. Ghosts and all. Enjoy! :D

It's not like it's a hammock of death. Sheesh.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

n3w2m0rr0w

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n3w2m0rr0w

This is what happens when you use a refurb ladder....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4q_TFno3nM

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

I lo lo lo love my little giant ladder that I bought from woot last time. And so does my neighbor. And well.... my brother in law too. He almost didn't return it. Well... he actually didn't. I just stopped by and took ownership back.

Put up Christmas light with it.

bvbooks

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bvbooks

Not sure if it would fit a fat guy like me, until I found the Little Giant Guide. Not saying if it will work or not!

Little Giant Chart

professore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore
Monica1236 wrote:Hmm...

If I got this for my dad does it come with a manuel? He won't know how to make it into different configurations.

That's okay, it comes with a manual in English and Spanish, so Manuel shouldn't have any problem figuring it out.

*not a real professor...

uhiforgot

quality posts: 8 Private Messages uhiforgot
bumpsetspike825 wrote:Is anyone else uncomfortable about using a "refurbished" ladder?

I'd be willing to bet it's not technically "refurbished." I remember getting one of these a while ago (except it was 1 rung shorter... and from Tanga) and it has a sticker on it that says "Little Giant Certified Demo." Odds are pretty good that these were babied by a sales rep someplace but they have to disclose that these aren't really "brand new." The only "damage" on mine were a few scratches on the rungs where the rep was probably putting the little accessory attachment things...

...No company in their right mind would let a legal liability out the door, so to answer your question: No, I don't have any problem using a "refurbished" ladder.

glaicius

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glaicius

It may come with a manual. Now the Emmanuel thing I don't know. You can always pick one up at the Home Depot.

macmic6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages macmic6

Not at all. Refurbished just means that someone took it home and couldn't figure out how to use it, or they just didn't like it. Whenever and item is returned to a retailer it cannot be resold as new. It has to go back to the manufacturer and be sold as refurbished. I got one!!

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George S. Patton

thehead71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thehead71

At least it aint this ladder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzbLtRDV_Q

icemanforlife

quality posts: 3 Private Messages icemanforlife

lol i was thinking the same.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Can't believe there haven't been any Little Giants movie mentions yet. Not the best movie of all time, by any means. But definitely one of Rick Moranis' more entertaining movies of the 90's. Loved Little Giants.

These ladders are pretty sweet too.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

mattageddon

quality posts: 23 Private Messages mattageddon
remisser wrote:Can this be used without a partner to support it? Because in the pictures the people are using it solo... I thought that was a no-no in the ladder world.

You can definitely use it solo. But you are correct, in the ladder world, and in the real world, not having a partner is very, very dangerous. I mean, without a partner, who's going to break your fall?

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet
Woot wrote:And not in the murder kind of way either.

Why assume Woot?

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

No these ladders do not come with manuel, you have to pick him up in front of home depot. Although I can't guarantee his name will be manuel, better luck would be pedro or juan. Those names are more common.

tatterbits

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tatterbits
jessiebyrd004 wrote:Can't believe there haven't been any Little Giants movie mentions yet. Not the best movie of all time, by any means. But definitely one of Rick Moranis' more entertaining movies of the 90's. Loved Little Giants.

These ladders are pretty sweet too.

One of my favourite movies!!! Very underrated movie... and funny as all hell!!!

Danny O'Shea: They've got your names on the back.
Jake Berman: So the guys at the morgue can identify the bodies.

applepete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages applepete

Yes it comes with a very short and small manual. If you are using it for the very first time it might take a bit to figure it all out so you might wish to be with him and the two of you explore it. I wish they had made this one or a larger one available last time. I got two of the 15' ones so that when work is being done outside the house on under the eaves one can make a platform. But even one of them is great. You can adjust it to use on the staircase when painting, etc.