wrightmenow

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wrightmenow

A Little Giant refurb ladder could be 1 - a return: they have a generous return policy to keep customers from bashing their company. More likely it's 2 - a demo.

sightpicture

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sightpicture
wrightmenow wrote:
My husband put 8 big adults on ours and it didn't even creak.

sounds like another YouTube video in the works.

My favorite items:
  • Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System - 01/12/2012
  • Roku HD-XR Player - 9/9/2010
  • iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot - 9/3/2010
  • USB Powered Woot-Off Lights - 8/19/2010
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun 7/30/2010
  • Random Crap - 6/24/2010
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 4/28/2010
  • Euro-Pro Shark Multi-Vac 2/18/2010
  • iRobot Roomba 530 - 11/2/2009
First item:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite 4/19/05

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang
NightGhost wrote:Product Website

Actually, it's not the revolution model, since it's rated for 250lbs and weighs 39lbs. It's the Type 1. If it was the $400 Revolution this would be the woot of the century. Alas it is their cheapest model, however I'm sure it's still great. I'm wavering - I really want it but I've hit my woot budget for the month.

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

boilermakertito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boilermakertito

I have to be a little bit nervous about a ladder that needed refurbished....What exactly can go wrong with a ladder that would cause it to be refurbished...

Hey264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hey264

Taking proper precautions with ladders begins with choosing the ladder. Consider the type of work the ladder will be used for, the weight the ladder must carry, and the condition of the ladder.

Continued Here:

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/how-to-advice/how-to-buy-and-use-ladders.shtml

carterle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carterle

check out qvc.com... this is a great price!

susie-s

quality posts: 5 Private Messages susie-s

I'm 5' and 95 pounds. I have the 15' and the new 13' step one with wheels and they are the BEST ladders made. I can handle them by myself, tho it takes a little bit of doing. I really love the stability, and the way you can configure them for various projects. Even outside if I need to do a full extension to trim palm fronds from uneven ground, I feel very confident and comfortable about standing on it. If I had the extra $$ I would snap up the 19; in a heartbeat. THESE ARE GREAT ladders!

Category Five
*edited: broken link/img*

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears

Little Giant comparison chart:

http://www.littlegiantladder.com/comparison-chart.html

Woot is selling a Type 1 Model 22 ladder. If you count Woot's $5 shipping cost, you are saving $85 in buying this refurbished ladder instead of purchasing it new directly from Little Giant.

I'm in for one.

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..

jerestud

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerestud

This is the low end of the Little Giant ladder system. Their website shows a new price of $259.99 Although this is a bargain, it is refurbished.

cw88shade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cw88shade

A refurbished ladder? How can you refurb a ladder? Least its not refurbished ear buds.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
redstang wrote:Actually, it's not the revolution model, since it's rated for 250lbs and weighs 39lbs. It's the Type 1. If it was the $400 Revolution this would be the woot of the century. Alas it is their cheapest model, however I'm sure it's still great. I'm wavering - I really want it but I've hit my woot budget for the month.

Thanks - I fixed the link. It's very confusing how they have 4 different models with the same number (M-22). I know it's based on the length, but you'd think they'd make them different somehow.

aminkler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aminkler

If a TV shopping channel customer returned one due to buyer's remorse - even if never opened at all, L.G. has to sell it as 'refurb'.

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
jessiebyrd004 wrote:Little Giant ladders are literally the bomb. Not sure about a refurbed one though. Reviews are great, though.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/little-giant-ladder-systems-m22-type-1a-aluminum-workplatform-reviews

So they literally come packed with explosives?
Or are they figuratively dynamite?

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
professore wrote:That's okay, it comes with a manual in English and Spanish, so Manuel shouldn't have any problem figuring it out.

I was going to make a witty comment along these lines, but mine wouldn't have been as funny. *tips hat*

madeonmoon

quality posts: 26 Private Messages madeonmoon

Anyone knows the difference between Alta-One (sold here) and A1 given the same size?

Just answered my own question:

Alta-One is rated for 250lbs vs A1 for 300lbs. And Alta-One is 3 pounds lighter.

peachy34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachy34

OK so I clicked "I Want One", finished my order and now I want TWO. Is their a way to change my order?

tzebrowitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzebrowitz

Absolutely a fantastic ladder. I have had the M-26 for about 10 years and use it frequently. For those who are concerned about the 250 pound load limit, remember that this is a double-runged ladder (ladder rungs on BOTH sides of the A-frame) and the 250 pound load limit is for EACH side. You can put a big person on each side of the ladder at the same time!

bfloxng69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfloxng69
bumpsetspike825 wrote:Is anyone else uncomfortable about using a "refurbished" ladder?

You, I thought the exact same thing and went to post it only to find your post first. How many of these ladders have people fallen from and/or died. I mean, one would think ladders are one of the things you necessary should get right the first time.

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr

I have the IAA version (super heavy duty) of the Giant ladder. It's HEAVY, and the rungs are a bit small to comfortably stand on for any length of time.

BUT

It's the ONLY ladder I trust myself on up 12 feet in the air. Yes, it's heavy and hard to lug around, but it's SUPER stable.

I have several areas around the yard that are at just enough of a different elevation to make it hazardous to use a normal step ladder. I love that I can adjust this ladder just *1* rung and things go from unsafe to stable.

NightGhost

BVonnSnobby wrote:There are quite a few posts about concerns of the ladders being refurbished.

I can assure everyone that the refurbishing process brings the ladders back to a condition just like new. There is no reason for anyone to have any concerns about the safety of these ladders.

mjHession wrote:says the man who's paychecks are signed by the company trying to sell us these dangerous refurbs...

True that. But I don't work for Woot, and I can assure you that, should you buy this ladder, you will have everlasting popularity and good fortune for the next ye- er, 11.5 months.

(don't ask)

oldcqr

peachy34 wrote:OK so I clicked "I Want One", finished my order and now I want TWO. Is their a way to change my order?

Yes. Email service@woot.com and ask they up your oder.

Edit: LOL!!! Spull check strikes again...

Up your ORDER!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
simonwang wrote:HELP, need phone number to call woot!
Does anyone here have a phone number to call woot? I’ve ordered some leakfrogs on Nov 9th, of course woot charged my credit card immediately. Needless to say I’m still waiting for them for over a month now. I’ve written service@woot.com twice already, and each time DK was very apologetic but kept making excesses being the holiday delays and that should ship out soon. Apparently their service is going no where through the e-mail system or I would of gotten something by now. So I need another form of communication to woot. Thanks!

Hey! We don't do phone support. By emailing in, you've created a trouble ticket that can be tracked and will be handled as quickly as service can manage.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

NightGhost

oldcqr wrote:Yes. Email service@woot.com and ask they up your oder.

Will they send garlic with his ladder?

Hey, it was my turn!

bmccouch12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmccouch12
Does anyone here have a phone number to call woot? I’ve ordered some leakfrogs on Nov 9th, of course woot charged my credit card immediately. Needless to say I’m still waiting for them for over a month now. I’ve written service@woot.com twice already, and each time DK was very apologetic but kept making excesses being the holiday delays and that should ship out soon. Apparently their service is going no where through the e-mail system or I would of gotten something by now. So I need another form of communication to woot. Thanks!

Wow, that's surprising. I'm sure they will fix it ASAP. At least, I would hope so.

christianhoxworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christianhoxworth
jezuzfreek wrote:I hope woots ladder is better than this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h3sRoa5W2M

Damn, looks like a refurb in the making lol.

oldcqr

NightGhost wrote:Will they send garlic with his ladder?

Hey, it was my turn!

+5. You got me. That's funny.

dionysius314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dionysius314
SuperTully wrote:Is aluminum a better option than a fiber glass ladder? Or does fiber glass offer better integrity?

A fiberglass ladder will be lighter than this one and safer if you are working around electricity.

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed
dionysius314 wrote:A fiberglass ladder will be lighter than this one and safer if you are working around electricity.

Fiberglass ladders are heavier than aluminum.

oldbutnotstupid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldbutnotstupid
Monica1236 wrote:Hmm...

If I got this for my dad does it come with a manuel? He won't know how to make it into different configurations.

They come with a guy named manuel?

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Wondering if this is long enough to reach the roof of a two-story house.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

I had the same issue with the Leak Frogs. I just received a new tracking number a few days ago. I think they oversold and had to wait for new stock. Anyways, I checked in with them about once a week and everything should be aces soon. If you haven't gotten your new tracking number yet, that's what I would look for.

Jat2080

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jat2080

Wow, 250 pounds of "little giant"??
OH, the load... dang, started to SAY! ;)

vogellied

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vogellied

This ladder, like WOOT which thinks the WIKILEAKS jibe is funny when their parent company shut down their web access, is a POS. Yeah, buy a refurbished ladder and put another few bucks into the pockets of Big Brothers commercial henchmen. I wouldn't have added any comment if not for the stupidity of the writer on this one. Well, WOOT, I said no more purchases via email to you and youre affiliates until after the holidays, now, I am done with you. Good luck, what goes around, comes around.

susank2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages susank2000

Wonder if this gets shipped in the product box or if it is placed inside a shipping box. I would like to order this as a xmas present for my husband, but it won't be much of a surprise if UPS leaves it on my front doorstep in a box that screams Little Giant.

gammylt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gammylt

WARNING! CUIDADO! These ladders buckle when fully extended. The hinge will bump out a bit and shake the ladder. Some people have fallen - youtube it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq21604pi1U

Get a fiberglass ladder - they weigh the same anyhow - the LJ is HEAVY.

grumpyoldrob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grumpyoldrob

I purchased two of these last year and used them to paint our entire house. You can make a very stable scaffold using two. I wish I had paid this price instead of full retail! They hardly deserve to be called a "ladder". More like a variable elevation multi-tool!

Reliable By Design

NightGhost

thumperchick wrote:I had the same issue with the Leak Frogs. I just received a new tracking number a few days ago. I think they oversold and had to wait for new stock. Anyways, I checked in with them about once a week and everything should be aces soon. If you haven't gotten your new tracking number yet, that's what I would look for.

It may not be Woot's fault. Sometimes, during shipping, the Leak Frogs smell a pond (yes, they can do that) nearby, and tunnel their way out of their boxes in their excitement. You really can't blame them - it's in their DNA.

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo
molbioguy wrote:If this ladder is being used in full extension mode, does it have to be completely extended on the ground and then lifted up into place? Can it be extended while it is vertical?

no, it can be fully extended from a stationary place. when they demo them at a work working show. the guy does it in a very small area and he uses an even larger size ladder. but his technique is a challenge to learn.

djdrury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djdrury

These things are really really heavy (least the one we have) and its a pain to move anywhere to quickly. But I dont see it breaking either anytime soon.

kml30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kml30

Great ladder, but just an OK deal. You can purchase a brand new one on QVC - Little Giant 24-in-1 17' Ladder System w/ Work Platform for $189.84. Doesn't include shipping. Up to you if you want it brand new or refurbished.