Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Gift cards and gift certificates are convenient for indecisive gift-givers and finicky gift-getters alike. But they're also kind of complicated for us to figure out how to implement. And as the media reports every year, they're no picnic for the recipients, either. Wouldn't you love to give a Woot gift certificate that never expired, charged no inactivity fees, and, in the extremely unlikely event that the recipient couldn't find anything good to buy on Woot, was redeemable at any retailer in America?

It's called cash.

No, Woot still does not offer gift certificates. But inspired by the home-made gift certificates made by some Woot fans, and The Consumerist's Anti-Gift Card, we offer these DIY Woot gift certificates in three meaningless denominations. Click it yourself. Print it yourself. Clip some cash to it yourself. And if you're mentally unstable, you can even give it to yourself. We don't judge, especially in situations where we might make some money.

Remember, these are not official Woot gift certificates and have no value beyond the cash you clip to them, and the artistic merit of the design by the great Goopy. If you want to give another denomination, well, that's nothing a Sharpie can't fix. Goopy won't mind.

We hope this makes your gift-giving a little easier. We hope the Woot fiend in your life likes the present. But most of all, we hope he or she spends that cash with us.

mdyesowitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdyesowitch

My husband says if you make a woot gift certificate Tshirt that says, "redeemable for one Tshirt,(this one)" he would absolutely wear it. I'm not even sure you'd have to specify this one, although I suppose just to keep people from getting the wrong idea...,

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

Great timing. Just yesterday I was wondering why Woot doesn't offer gift certificates when my business partner asked what I want for Christmas. Now I can add this as an option.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

williesbest2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages williesbest2

Where is the one with the Bag of Coal image? (The bag with the question mark)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I have missed Bravewoman. thanks for that.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Josephus wrote:I have missed Bravewoman. thanks for that.

Yeah, me, too. I wonder how many people have no clue who she is.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

rlbgator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlbgator

Ha! I did this exact thing with Netflix yesterday when I discovered you can't give a Blu-Ray Netflix subscription. Printed off the red logo, scrawled "$100!" in the corners, attached a check for $100, and called it a day. Well done, Woot.

alexandrosmagnos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexandrosmagnos

The Latin is wrong.

"uolo unus" - ostensibly meant to mean "I want one"...except here unus is in the nominative (you know, cases, what real languages have...), so it actually translates "I alone want," which is just depressing because you don't seem to know what you want or have anyone around to get it for you. And if you're this incompetent at constructing a sentence, then there's little chance you're going to figure out for yourself what you want and be able to get it.

"uolo unum" - this is what you want - "I want one" - where "one" is in the accusative and therefore is the object of the verb.

Serious ancient language fail, woot. You get my hopes up with the mythology references in the daily writeups, and then this....

headp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages headp

Does no one realize that printing this actually costs us the paper and ink to produce it. If I'm going to give crap, I'm not going to bother wasting a perfectly good recycled ink cartridge and the paper I grabbed from the recycle bin next to the copier. No way, Bah Humbug!

1/28/10 My first Random gristle. Yay!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, me, too. I wonder how many people have no clue who she is.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Toon and Bravewomen....ahhh, the good old days!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Josephus wrote:I have missed Bravewoman. thanks for that.

Brave Woman is a true woot icon.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
dontwantaname wrote:Exactly what I was thinking.

Who and/or what is this "Toon" you speak of?

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
headp wrote:Does no one realize that printing this actually costs us the paper and ink to produce it. If I'm going to give crap, I'm not going to bother wasting a perfectly good recycled ink cartridge and the paper I grabbed from the recycle bin next to the copier. No way, Bah Humbug!

Update: Digitally crop the image and send them an e-crap via email. Pay some cash to your pal via some other internet delivery method.

wisesage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wisesage
Snapster wrote:Update: Digitally crop the image and send them an e-crap via email. Pay some cash to your pal via some other internet delivery method.

What genius! I guess that's why he created Woot, and we didn't. That's what thinking outside the box will do for you.

sometimes i like to put on the cape and scream like a monkey.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
wisesage wrote:What genius! I guess that's why he created Woot, and we didn't. That's what thinking outside the box will do for you.

hey quiet your sarcasm, or I'm going to file for an e-crap patent and pull that one from public domain.

rawelschjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawelschjr

"A drawing error occurred"...can't a guy get a break....

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=120x120&chl=MECARD%3AN%3ARawelschjr%3BADR%3ABags+O'+Crap+-+3___Woot!'s+-+12___Shirt.Woot!'s+-+6%3B%3B

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
Snapster wrote:hey quiet your sarcasm, or I'm going to file for an e-crap patent and pull that one from public domain.

The next generation Bag of Coal!

Awesome.

Renratca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Renratca

You linked to my post! I could cry.

Now if I could ever get a Bundle of Coats my journey will be complete.

wootified

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
dontwantaname wrote:Exactly what I was thinking.

You've reached far into the past, woot!
And I like it!!

Who remembers what she is sitting on??
I do. (I'm pretty sure it's not a chair)

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44