KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen

$35 right now at toys r us.

jneong

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jneong

Don't do it! NOOOOOO! I purchased this "projector" from Woot a few months ago just for a laugh, considering such a good price. I wish I hadn't. It's not the 320x240px resolution that kills me, its the completely uneven color and tone in the projected image that is exponentially worse toward the corners. It feels like you're looking at an old CRT sitting next to two big unshielded bookshelf speakers.

I cannot stand to watch even a minute of Netflix or any media from it. I wouldnt subject any children to this lack of definition or color accuracy either. Even for $0. Sorry woot. I love you.

OneOfEm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OneOfEm

Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn’t it?

jwmcclure

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jwmcclure
PsychoticSpoon wrote:Here's a video review of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8VfCpWXyEA

Every minute I spent watching that video was truly wasted. Holy Terrible Batman.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

Oh darn! I just bought a 42" LCD television. Had I waited I could have gotten a 60" picture and saved $590.00 Oh well, I guess I am just going to have to perseverate to the point of not being able to enjoy my new TV. Seriously, why would anyone want or need this? It looks like it has more of a toy feel to it than anything. This must be the 2010 version of those blue projectors we got as kids that took three, A batteries! Now that I think about it, what exactly did we project with those things? Did they come with movies? slides? did we provide our own? I suppose if you wanted to show your powerpoint at the next sales meeting on a real budget to 15 of your cohorts this might be the ticket! Just bring an extra set of batteries.

wunami

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wunami

I was excited until someone mentioned the low resolution. Still, I suppose it could be good for something like say watching videos when you're camping.

spiffitz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages spiffitz

If your digicam has A/V out you could project a picture onto a wall, drawing sheet, a close friend's body part and trace the art work.

jwmcclure

It's probably just me, but that thing kinda looks like Wall-E...

Cliffjumper

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cliffjumper
gantec wrote:...I really want to know is whether or not it would work very well for displaying PowerPoint presentations. I just need a projector for light home office use...

Unfortunately, I don't think this thing'll fit your needs. Text is only readable if you have maybe three lines per screen, and *any* amount of light in the room drastically impairs visibility. This projector definitely leans more towards novelty than business.

chiptraders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiptraders

I'm gonna hook it up to my iphone

Faethe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Faethe

Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn’t it?

dnjweb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnjweb

Hows about a $5 coupon for us who paid extra. We ordered it 31 days ago but mine only showed up last week.
Just sayin.

jonesphotog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonesphotog

“Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn’t it?”

Mystic`

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mystic`
lburman wrote:320 x 240 resolution

because someone is going to ask.

thank you saaa!

spoonyspork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spoonyspork

Wow, they have a lot of these, eh?

I've gotten two - one for my son and one for me to void the warranty on. FYI, it's fairly easy to take apart to get to the LED, despite saying on the box 'SEALED UNIT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN.'

I have no idea what size/power output/etc said LED is (it's prolly 5mm, maybe? It was also attached to a chip with some numbers on it but none seemed to correspond to anything on a quick search), though it is an RGB LED. I haven't gone beyond taking apart, gawking at, and putting back together yet, but I'm guessing with a bit more leg work the LED could be replaced with a better one fairly easily?

Oh, my son loves this thing btw. It's really quite bad, but cool anyway. He plays video games and watches movies on it, after the sun goes down

(it's certainly better than the 10" B&W TV my mom gave me for playing video games when I was his age!)

Oh, and did anyone notice this kinda looks like Johnny 5, and that Wall-E does as well?

cjjett1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjjett1969

WALL-E!!! ... ... ... Oh, uh... no. projector. Mmmmm.

gaakwalch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaakwalch

“Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn’t it?”

1XPinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate Stick, 1XBACON salt, 1XFirefly remote, 6XEar Warmers, 6XBattery Pack, 2XLittle Speakers, 1X4Bags of CARP, www.bagofcarp.com

Luckenbooth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Luckenbooth

...............Baaa

sdiguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdiguy

So if you take two eyeclops and run them side by side can you get 3-D?

jakiechon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakiechon

Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Johnny 5, doesn’t it?

bnedella

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bnedella
OneOfEm wrote:Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn’t it?

This got a Quality Post? After being posted 58 other times?

The Big o' Cosmos is my white-whale. So little sleep, so much disappointment.

bantachris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bantachris
gantec wrote:I've been debating whether or not to buy one of these for some time now. I know the video quality isn't great, but what I really want to know is whether or not it would work very well for displaying PowerPoint presentations.

I just need a projector for light home office use, and if this will fit the bill, then I don't want to spend hundreds for such little use. On the other hand, if it isn't going to work for me, then I don't want to waste any money that could go into the digital projector fund.

I would keep saving your money, I got this from a previous woot, unless you have a pitch black room its almost unusable.

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect

I suppose you could tell your kids that it's a Kinect, if they're not very smart.

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
sdiguy wrote:So if you take two eyeclops and run them side by side can you get 3-D?

only if you project one into each eye.
pro: no need for $100 3D glasses this way
con: takes 4 days for vision to return

Prime Suspect wrote:I suppose you could tell your kids that it's a Kinect, if they're not very smart.

in for two! 1 of my 3 kids is smart, he'll appreciate the joke being played on his two dumb sisters.

SJester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJester

spiritualized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiritualized

Is it just me, or does that thing look just like Walter Payton?

dah99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dah99

I bought this last time it appeared on Woot and i am very pleased with it.

The image is easily viewable in a darkened room. It doesn't require absolute darkness and the picture is perfectly watchable.

I probably would not want to try watch a subtitled movie with this but it is fine for most anything else.

It is an excellent buy at $30 shipped

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek

Why would you ask people to ruin a comment section?

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

not sure if anyone noticed, but this thing kinda looks like Wall-E

aaronshall

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aaronshall
sdiguy wrote:So if you take two eyeclops and run them side by side can you get 3-D?

That's what I'm planning. Already have the software to make offset images. Just blend together and voila.

jmeineke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmeineke

Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn't it?

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
sdc100 wrote:There are some decent ones. Fisher Price makes a model for $93.79. And this 10 lumen rechargeable aaxa Technologies LCOS Pico Projector is only $94.99. It even has a built-in MP4, MP3, AVI, JPG, RM decoder to play videos off an SD card. If you're willing to spend more, the FAVI E1-LED-PICO Mini LED Projector, Entertainment Edition is highly rated.

And the video review for the FAVI E1-LED-PICO Mini LED Projector, Entertainment Edition is by a Catholic priest so you know it can be trusted! It's actually a very well-written balanced review. I must just buy it.

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins

how would this be for like playing old 2600 and NES games on it

jeremylebrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremylebrun
jwmcclure wrote:Every minute I spent watching that video was truly wasted. Holy Terrible Batman.

took the words right out of my fingers

jwmcclure

At least it arrives in time to ruin Christmas.

jmeineke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmeineke
jezuzfreek wrote:Why would you ask people to ruin a comment section?

It's a parallel to how it will ruin your eyes? All attention is good attention

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

@ woot mod: don't forget to censor the guy's post who quoted me earlier...it still has my original post in it.

yeehaw! sunuvagun we gonna have big fun on tuesday night woot!

gtej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtej

Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn't it?

McDealerWTF

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McDealerWTF

Just as a whim, I decided that I'll take one for the team. It'll be interesting to hook this as a secondary viewer for the home security DVR - other than a network connection.

Heck for $30, I'll give it a shot.

<my first woot 8/13/2004>

kokobanana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokobanana