3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

I don't know... it looks like that arm might scratch my Blu-rays if I put them in there...

jpstrings

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpstrings

LP turn table? Dang, i wish it was a 8 track with a usb connection.

peterqstorm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peterqstorm

Will this make me cool?

ckernan1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckernan1

“Hey! The EyeClops Mini Projector really does look a lot like Wall-E, doesn’t it?”

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

I got one a few (quite a few) months ago,for my brother who has a LOT of vinyl that he wanted to archive.

He said it is quite good! (I never even opened the box, just gave it to him.

steve

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

carygrant

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carygrant

I have this turntable, and for any home entertainment system it's a fantastic asset. One word of advice if you get it, though--swap out the sapphire needle it comes with for a diamond needle. They're not too expensive online, they'll wear out slower, and you won't get a degradation in sound over time. Plus with a rubber band and some glue they double as engagement rings.

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet

I have never seen such a device...Turntable? isn't that the thing in the center of the dinner table you spin around?
Vinyl?
Isn't that what shower curtains are made out of?

I don't understand what these black over sized Cd's do... Someone help?

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623

Yes! I'm in for three! Do you have any idea how long I've been looking for one of these waffle makers?

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

The average rating on Buzzillions for this turntable is 3.8 stars.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/ion-electronics-audio-profile-lp-vinyl-mp3-conversion-turntable-reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

Sold these at Radio Shack last year when I was a weekend part-timer. Customers loved them. They work well and they do what they say they will do. That's a compliment these days.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

roseng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages roseng

$80.00 + shipping @ B&H. Looks like a deal.

HairyButt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HairyButt

These are THE BEST hot wheels race tracks ever. Shame it only does 33/45. We always went to 78 when the police car showed up. Add a yellow marker for a never ending highway. Great for kids.

xquishi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages xquishi

From the ION website:
http://www.ionaudio.com/profilelp

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet

On a serious note after my last post, i bought a ION USB Turntable from woot a few years ago, and I've gotta say.. theres nothing better sounding that a classic record playing on a turntable-
The software takes a little practice if you want to edit your archived tracks, but theres just something magical about recordings embedded in vinyl.

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

speedo232

quality posts: 2 Private Messages speedo232

Have it. Use it every day for CDing my 45s. Big job. Works great. (and I paid $99)

MM

SpecialDan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SpecialDan

Got one of these in the previous Woot and I was able to get it to record using Audacity in Ubuntu 10.10 without any configuration. It was essentially just plug and play with the ALSA USB codec. (Just had to select it under sound preferences.)

Still haven't had any luck on getting it to play through though...

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

In for one. $53.61. Woo-hoo sales tax.

I saw a turtle.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
peterqstorm wrote:Will this make me cool?

Yes.

martinboyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martinboyce
Wntrgarnet wrote:I have never seen such a device...Turntable? isn't that the thing in the center of the dinner table you spin around?
Vinyl?
Isn't that what shower curtains are made out of?

I don't understand what these black over sized Cd's do... Someone help?

my god, what fantastic wit!

martin j. boyce

stevesds

quality posts: 18 Private Messages stevesds

Hmm, nice try Woot...

Know what's easier than weeks of converting vinyl to digital?
StationRipper on Pandora, Slacker, or XM/Sirius.

Not to mention BitTorrent.

tetchypoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tetchypoo

Turns out, I'm psychic. Or a time traveler. Or a time-traveling psychic.

:o

http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4305580&PageIndex=3&ReplyCount=328#post4305809

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

These work GREAT!

Also, Linux + Audacity + This = WIN!

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

You could buy two of these. If only sellout had a microphone...

Zeno

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Zeno

Nicer than the software it comes with: Acoustica Spin It Again. https://www.acoustica.com/spinitagain/
Handles the recording process and automatically cleans up the clicks and pops.

Downloadable on a trial basis - digitize a record and check it out, then buy.

SpkrBox850

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SpkrBox850

Anybody seen NightGhost lately?

I feel so... uninformed with him

frankz00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankz00
stevesds wrote:Hmm, nice try Woot...

Know what's easier than weeks of converting vinyl to digital?
StationRipper on Pandora, Slacker, or XM/Sirius.

Not to mention BitTorrent.

That's fine for stuff that's seeded. But with out of print older stuff you're generally out of luck.

And waiting hours for Pandora, Slacker, or SiriusXM to play the song you're looking to rip is not my idea of easy!

Twigge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Twigge

Can you scratch on this?

alanwaite

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alanwaite

I purchased one for the same price at Costco right before Christmas. It works amazingly, you can use the USB and play audio through your computer or through the RCA out, it works on a Mac and is all around cool. Costco has a better return policy though...

jasonlillis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonlillis

wonder if it'll play my 8-tracks...

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
jpstrings wrote:LP turn table? Dang, i wish it was a 8 track with a usb connection.

close enough, a tape deck that fits in a standard 5.25 inch bay on your computer http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PLUSDECK2C-R&cpc=SCH

rcspang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcspang

"You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby right round, round, round..."

Does this thing really record right into iTunes? I want to get it for my 83 year old dad and I need something so simple even a caveman could use it.

jesspants

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jesspants

Are there any options for poor college kids to get one for trade? Sort of like in the movies when a person can't pay their dinner tab and the restaurant makes them wash dishes? I will totally come to your house and alphabetise your vinyl collection in exchange a turntable!

ninestories

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ninestories

Personally I've only heard terrible reviews of these -- just not a quality turntable. Not at all what an audiophile would want to record from.

Of course, most people looking at these just want to pull their tunes off of their old records and won't care as much about the inferior quality. I recommend using software like Audiograbber (http://www.audiograbber.org/) for recording the input instead of the included program, as it can split tracks automatically and offers finer control over your recordings.

Lastly, +1 for carygrant's post about switching the needle. I would imagine that would help at least a little to clean up the quality.

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak
Wntrgarnet wrote:I have never seen such a device...Turntable? isn't that the thing in the center of the dinner table you spin around?
Vinyl?

That would be funny if vinyl sales hadn't been growing for the past few years.

Sales of old-fashioned albums rose by more than five per cent last year, figures from the Official UK Charts Company showed. CD sales have fallen by a fifth over the same period, leading to some manufacturers threatening to halt their production. Despite accounting for less than one per cent of music purchases, American sales of vinyl topped almost three million, an increase of a million records.

from
Vinyl record sales rising as 'old fashioned albums enjoy a renaissance'

wwoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wwoot

What religion is mp3 that you want us to convert our old platters to? And what's this iTune thingy. Could you hum a few bars? Why would I want them iTuners when I already have these gorgeous black platters of fine music on my Magnavox hi fi? Oh, and what's a RCA plug for? Does the Radio Corporation of America even exist any more?

Don't forget to tape a penny on top of that high tech arm to keep it from bouncing when the platters get wavy from being stored on edge in the heat.

rcspang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcspang
jesspants wrote:Are there any options for poor college kids to get one for trade? Sort of like in the movies when a person can't pay their dinner tab and the restaurant makes them wash dishes? I will totally come to your house and alphabetise your vinyl collection in exchange a turntable!

Jesspants, if you look like your avatar... no.

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
wwoot wrote:What religion is mp3 that you want us to convert our old platters to? And what's this iTune thingy. Could you hum a few bars? Why would I want them iTuners when I already have these gorgeous black platters of fine music on my Magnavox hi fi? Oh, and what's a RCA plug for? Does the Radio Corporation of America even exist any more?

Don't forget to tape a penny on top of that high tech arm to keep it from bouncing when the platters get wavy from being stored on edge in the heat.

yes, by all means tape a penny (or any other weight) onto the tone arm if you want to wear out your vinyl.