3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Eco Canteen Stainless Steel 26 Ounce Water Bottle - 2 Pack
$4.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 2 Eco Canteen Stainless Steel 26oz. Water Bottle w/ Sports Cap

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

chemwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemwolf

If it were only 2 for $5 it would be good, but adding shipping cheaper at Walmart.

endlesssummer555

quality posts: 7 Private Messages endlesssummer555

anyone ever wonder how much energy is spent making these things?

kammiestarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kammiestarr

I sooooooo love mine in for 2 more.

my only problem is the metal clasp falls of easy, but since i use them as my gym bottles it is not a major problem.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

Put the keys to you Hummer on the keyring and drive to the store and buy some bottled water to pour into this thumbing your nose at the "Eco" all the while.

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

If these were really "eco", they would be metric.

768.911769 ml

zippernec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippernec

Do you have to own a Subaru to buy theses?

clayholio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clayholio

I picked up 6 of 'em last time around, and I love them. I use them every day.

HOWEVER! All of them make this weird chirping noise when I drink from them. So if you get some of these, be prepared for some odd looks from other people.

dollardevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollardevil

Got one of these at a discount store. Target? Exact same bottle. The metal bottle is nice but the lid is crap. The carabiner is a joke -- broke before I even got it out of the store. And the black plastic cap has a vent in it that lets water out even when the thing is sealed.

It is a standard opening, and I put a cap on from another bottle, so it works fine. But be warned -- you'll have to keep it upright.

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623

$3 Walgreens. $0 shipping.

No deal.

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

drewcroa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drewcroa

awww man, i was hoping for a two pack of ps3's for 50 bucks

zyrilia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyrilia

Hopefully, these will put up with the abuse a Boy Scout on a long hike can give them.

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says 'go away' in every language.

MarcosElMalo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MarcosElMalo

Robin and Marian was BADASS, woot writers.

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

It doesn't mention anywhere if there's any insulating value in the side walls of these bottles. Anyone know?

I got the answer from posts just below this one. I think I'll pass.

timbrrr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timbrrr

how easy would it be to scrape/sand off the logo & url?

nickmiller21

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nickmiller21

Got these last time Woot offered them. For the price you can't go wrong. You can put the lids on insulated versions. You have to be "in for 3" (really 6)to make it worth it.

They are super light and go anywhere... only thing about these is that they are NOT insulated.

It sweats and drips if there is cold liquid in it, and burns the crap out of you if it has something hot in it. But for on the trail, or at workouts, it's light and doesn't break or shatter inside like the insulated version.

Just the drinkable pop open lids and the fact FULL SIZED ICE CUBES can fit in it sold it for me.

adrmschwer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adrmschwer

These are not insulated, so don't expect water to stay cold. I work in an office building with low humidity. Filled about half way with ice, rest with water (cold water).

In about 1-1/2 hours, the ice was melted, water was still semi-cold, in another 45 minutes the water was barely cool. The thing also sweated like it was doing a marathon with a garbage bag on.

It has its uses, more for the trail probably. Also, will make a loud noise as you drink, it's because of the valve they have to allow air to escape as you're drinking.

lizardbox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lizardbox

Getting two with the $5 shipping doesn't make sense. So I got four

46and2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 46and2
chemwolf wrote:If it were only 2 for $5 it would be good, but adding shipping cheaper at Walmart.

Good thing it is 2 for $5.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
CooperDude wrote:It doesn't mention anywhere if there's any insulating value in the side walls of these bottles. Anyone know?

Yes, I know. There is none.

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623
timbrrr wrote:how easy would it be to scrape/sand off the logo & url?

Very easy. Green scrubbie would take it right off, or some fine grit sand paper would give it a nice brushed stainless look. Kinda like a Delorean.

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

kmuschal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmuschal

Does anybody know whether these are made in China? I'm concerned about possible lead and/or cadmium in the bottle. I have looked for stainless water bottles that are NOT made in China--no luck so far.

p0diabl0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0diabl0

Unless you're ordering more than 1 set here you might as well get a SS water can from wal-mart for $5 each.

scottyopizza

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scottyopizza

Got a set of these last during a previous sale. Apparently customer service is supposed to horrible for this brand, but buying through woot negates that problem. These are pretty solid bottles. The stainless steel means that there is no internal "lining" that aluminum bottles have. Lining has the risk of being scratched and thereby ruining your bottle. The top has a wide opening so adding ice is not a problem. The nozzle is just "eh," not good or bad. This is a product that gets the job done for cheap. It should last too considering the materials.

CinkRomeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CinkRomeo
clayholio wrote:I picked up 6 of 'em last time around, and I love them. I use them every day.

HOWEVER! All of them make this weird chirping noise when I drink from them. So if you get some of these, be prepared for some odd looks from other people.

I've found that slightly pushing/gently tapping in the plastic bit (valve?) in the vent eliminates the chirping.

DebbieDunlap

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DebbieDunlap

EcoCanteen Review Reveals Extremely Shady Business Practices

Might want to read the comments under this review. Doesn't sound like a company you want to purchase from. The likely reason this company is able to let Woot have these at such an inexpensive price is because their business practices drove customers away.

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

Will this fit in a standard water bottle clip on a bike?

grassman20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grassman20

I was in for four last time and I love 'em. I don't know what a previous poster was talking about when he said the cap leaks. None of mine leak ever. I'm tempted to buy more, but I probably don't need more than four water bottles.

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

Really Woot? REALLY!? This is the carp you offer up for my bday? And here I thought we were tight. I thought I knew you better...guess not. Thanks for nothing Woot, THANKS FOR NOTHING!!

hooray beer!

djsabor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djsabor

About as easy as it is to find a sticker you like and place it over the logo.

srsly.

CharliePrince

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CharliePrince

It is only brushed stainless steel. So a wire wheel would be my personal choice. With the right (and I would assume soft) touch you should be able to make it look like it does in the factory before they paint stamp on the logo;s.

So it is boughten.... So it must be paid off with a second job!

cycorythm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cycorythm
zyrilia wrote:Hopefully, these will put up with the abuse a Boy Scout on a long hike can give them.

Go pick up a Nalgene for 10$, will last your scout at least 10 years if not more! I've got bottles that went to Philmont with me in 1998 that are still in great shape.

zephalis

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zephalis

Just reuse a plastic water bottle, it's cheaper and doesn't leak when it's on it's side. You can wash plastic just as well as stainless steel.

And just to quell what someone might have to say about stainless steel being antimicrobial, it's not. It will take the smell out of things (they make stainless steel in a soap bar shape just for that reason) but unless it's zinc or silver coated it's not doing jack Battlefield Earth (2000)

donnashowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnashowl

You know, I've been trying to go green for a while, and I always try and price metal canteens when I'm out and about. I've never seen one this size for less than eight bucks. So what if it's less than visually appealing?

CharliePrince

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CharliePrince
sandbar67 wrote:If these were really "eco", they would be metric.

768.911769 ml

How is metric more "eco"???

I thought all the countries that use metric have bad cigarette habits?

So it is boughten.... So it must be paid off with a second job!

Utlkalot15

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Utlkalot15

I got these last time around. They are best used as cups, rather than as bottles. The little white plastic nubbin allows air into the bottle when you drink, so that water flows out easily. But the design is flawed, so if you have this in your bag, whether it be sideways or upside-down, water spills out from around the white nubbin. I use mine at the office and gym, but don't transport any liquids over long distances, especially in a bag where it can assume any position other than upright.

angelrn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelrn

I bought a few last time, and they rank as mediocre.

When I was washing the first one prior to the first use a little piece of plastic that allows air to enter the bottle while you drink popped out and was lost forever down the drain, so that one just has a hole in the top.

The same air hole on the other bottle still has the little piece of plastic, but it makes a funny sound when I'm drinking out of it. Remember those little plastic hollow birds that you would fill with water and suck through them and it made a noise similar to a birdsong (well, they were popular toys at the county fair when I was little)? Well, it sounds like those.

Overall they're not bad bottles. Just be cautious when washing to ensure you don't lose that little plastic valve thing & don't plan to appear macho when you drink out of a bottle that sounds like a little bird.

Angel*Fish

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post