slightlyslapdash

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slightlyslapdash

WOW! Great deal w00t! I love these things.
w00ted 2 - coolmint and cinnamint.

--

With that being said, it saved me and some friends a couple of years ago - We were getting ready for my friend's wedding and we (the bride and bridesmaids) had been munching on breakfast food all morning. When the photographer arrived, we realized that we all needed something to get the junk out of our teeth. Enter: a pack of Colgate Wisps! It was great, we had fresh breath and no more junk in our teeth. (You cant smell breath on pictures, but you sure can see junk in teeth)

Thank you woot! I was down to only two wisps, now I have what looks to be a year's supply!

=(|) woot monkeys rock. \m/(>.<)\m/

BVonnSnobby

quality posts: 23 Private Messages BVonnSnobby
Crab wrote:What's the expiration date on these things? How long until they become fetid all on their own?

Expiration date is April 2012.

johnnycalzone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnycalzone

This is funny. I completely forgot to brush this morning and was thinking on the way in to work that I needed some of these.

timmye72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmye72

Ya! This is what we need, more plastic to toss
out. Is it really that hard to carry a plain
old t-brush and paste. Lets make sure we carry a bottle of water to and though that out. 90%
of tap water in the US is safe to drink. In
Moscata Mi. they pump it out of the ground
bottle it and sell in the store in the same town for a doller a bottle. Pretty dam smart
Nestles. Pretty dam dumb US consumer its the
same stuff coming out of your tap. So ya lets buy oil base lighters and brushes and bottles
use them once or twice and toss them. I've just bought more big oil stock.

KiraNoFutago

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KiraNoFutago

They aren't the most pleasant way to clean your teeth, but they beat a breath mint when you're away from home and just really, really need a brush.

In for one.

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal
timmye72 wrote:Ya! This is what we need, more plastic to toss
old t-brush and paste. Lets make sure we carry a bottle of water to and though that out. 90%
bottle it and sell in the store in the same town for a doller a bottle. Pretty dam smart
same stuff coming out of your tap. So ya lets buy oil base lighters and brushes and bottles

I've got Exxon - Mobil. Decent dividends. Just gotta remember to sell it before the next Valdez....

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

pcmkmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcmkmurphy

My daughters and I keep them in our purse for a quick touch-up during the day when taking time out to brush isn't feasible. I dont' think they are intended to replace regular brushing, but it's nice to be able to freshen up after dinner out.

mjr263

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjr263

In for 3, I'll leave a few packs in the lunch room as a subtle hint for some of my co-workers.

timmye72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmye72
coincopy wrote:2 years + 1 day and they might disintegrate in your mouth. Warning warning warning!

I'm sorry but expiration dates are part of the "system". The sooner people realize this, the better.

I have sealed eye wash bottles that have
expiration dates on them. Salt water will not go bad they are sealed so nothing can grow in them. But if there were no dates I would not have to buy new ones. GET IT

emeycakes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeycakes

These things are awesome. I usually bite down on the little bead of "toothpaste" (or whatever it is) to get it going, and brush from there. I recently bought some at a discount store but this is an even better deal. I think they didn't take off because they were really expensive...

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal
matthewforys wrote:well ... i guess now i have the answer to my question "what useful aid could i send to poor kids in Africa today?" .. I could probably provide good oral hygiene to an entire village for a month for less than $100

Or even your local Food Bank! My local Food Lion regularly has items at the checkout, suggesting you buy to donate to the local food bank. One day it was Little Debbie cakes. Another day it was Bear Claws (I am not making this up).
Better throw in a Wisp or 2 with that.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

martyralone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martyralone

I'm pissed. What the hell Woot. I come to your website for gadgets, electronics, computer stuff, great deals. Not supermarket fodder and crappy toothpaste. Get back to your roots.

Frankie4Fingers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankie4Fingers

Good job pointing out all the other ways people kill the earth. I was thinking the same thing about all the humans who claim these things are horrible. If you really cared you wouldn't live in a developed country and you would live on a farm. LoL

In for 2, these things are cool if you travel or want to quickly brush at work.

ArtWorksMetal wrote:Do you buy yogurt, or any other packaged foods?
Do you shop online and have things delivered in boxes?
Do you exceed the speed limit?
Do you eat Beef?
Do you dine at restaurants, buffets especially?
Buy drinks in disposable cups?
Use 'Doggie Bags' at restaurants?
Have electronics at home in plugged in?

Need I go on? On the grand Pareto Chart of Carbon Footprint and Landfill Use, it would be hard to demonstrate that Colgate Wisps make an appreciable contribution to the death of the earth.

Frankie4Fingers

raebee

quality posts: 21 Private Messages raebee

In for three, forgot to check if these were a refurb before purchase, lucked out there.

Where do you find a Roomba? At the Innba!

anthonynorton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonynorton

Thank you Woot! As a parent of a 12yr old with braces, this is an awesome deal for them to take to school for after lunch care!

yos9694

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yos9694
mykie wrote:FYI for all vegan/vegetarians:

Colgate wisps use a gelatin-based gel-cap to contain the liquid.

While you don't actually swallow this part, fragments of the gelatin could come loose and you might swallow it.

Depending on how dedicated you are to your vegan/vegetarianism, you may want to take this into consideration before purchasing.

This also has ramifications for kosher observant folks. If you keep kosher, you need to know that the gelatin cap could be a problem.

candyisit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candyisit

These are actually pretty useful! I keep some at work and at home just in case. If I'm going out I grab a pack to put in my pocketbook. Can be used right before an interview so you won't have to worry about spitting out your gum beforehand.

locolive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locolive

WOOT WOOT!
These Things are Amazing!

For a Date after eating Garlic Pizza!

While Camping!

Or after the horrible Morning Coffee they serve in the cafeteria here!

And what a Price!

Cheaper than in the Company Store! 8-O

sbdb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbdb
blckshirt98 wrote:Would it be inappropriate to put a box in my cubicle and make everyone who stops by to discuss something use one?

It's okay if your name is Monk.

raray

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raray

I took an over-night backpacking trip last summer and it was really fantastic to have these along to brush with after breakfast. Not exactly a substitute for the real deal, but they helped us feel human after spending the night out in the wilderness.

Drinking Frog

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Drinking Frog

Do not be under any illusion that these things are a substitute for a proper toothbrush or tooth brushing. That is not what these things were made for. If I saw someone with a pile of these things on their bathroom counter and no other toothbrush, I might consider going into dentistry and giving them a business card.

However, they are very handy to keep in a desk drawer, briefcase, glove compartment, travel kit, or the like. The pick and brush do get crud out of your teeth and off your tongue, unlike a breath strip. However, like gum, you need to consider a place to throw the brush away when you are done with it. It would be a little awkward to stroll into someone's office for an interview and ask where you could dispose of your goofy, little disposible toothbrush.

And, forget about that comment on not needing to rinse. I want to rinse (or, at lease, wash it down).

Overall, though, I do like them. Getting them for roughly a dime a piece is a good deal, too.

DF

al918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages al918
timmye72 wrote:Ya! This is what we need, more plastic to toss

haha, how do you REALLY feel??

bbudke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbudke
sdc100 wrote:Waitasec ... as far as I can tell, there is no rinsing involved so the brushing leaves loose gluten pieces in his mouth and lips. There is simply no way to dry-spit out all those tiny pieces. So my question to you is: Isn't it safer to have all those gluten pieces stuck in between and on his teeth then to have them loose in his mouth, saliva and lips when you kiss?

In other words, isn't this half-hearted pseudo-brushing more dangerous than not brushing at all?

Well, not to use the internet snotty "um", but... he uses the brushes in the restroom, and rinses. But thanks for the visual?

dsquid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsquid

The Wisps are fantastic for travel and camping. I always keep some in the glovebox.

William Bessette

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
locolive wrote:WOOT WOOT!
These Things are Amazing!

For a Date after eating Garlic Pizza!

While Camping!

Or after the horrible Morning Coffee they serve in the cafeteria here!

And what a Price!

Cheaper than in the Company Store! 8-O

Yeah Great price. Even if you buy 3,$19.97 total, they cost you about 40 cents each. Colgate loves the profit margin on these things. Peppermint or Spearmint Altoids do a better job,are all natural,not an artificial chemical flavor, and do not need disposal.

clownsareme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clownsareme

I bite the flavor ball then start brushing. I wish the bristles were a little longer but all in all it's a great price and so convenient to take anywhere. Even put some in the kids backpacks for school...anywhere and everything. The expiration date on the ones I already have go to May 2012 and I've had them for a couple of months already.

Diana Nixon

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

That's a lot of plastic to use for a few minutes and throw away!

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
ArtWorksMetal wrote:Do you buy yogurt, or any other packaged foods?
Do you shop online and have things delivered in boxes?
Do you exceed the speed limit?
Do you eat Beef?
Do you dine at restaurants, buffets especially?
Buy drinks in disposable cups?
Use 'Doggie Bags' at restaurants?
Have electronics at home in plugged in?

Need I go on? On the grand Pareto Chart of Carbon Footprint and Landfill Use, it would be hard to demonstrate that Colgate Wisps make an appreciable contribution to the death of the earth.

So lets find more ways to hasten its demise by inventing products like this. Sure, it's only a small thing but it's your choice, help a little or hurt a little. This item is not a necessity it is merely a convenience and there are other less damaging products that are better.

corgisknit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corgisknit

If you have someone in your life who wears braces, these are especially great!

flakeyblakee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flakeyblakee

Can you use these with braces on?

calldio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calldio

You can get them refurbished for half that price.

omegas14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omegas14

In for three...my kids love them!!!

emilybergeron1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilybergeron1
Crab wrote:What's the expiration date on these things? How long until they become fetid all on their own?

My co-worker has a pack she bought in June, the expiration date says Dec11.

brfiesin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brfiesin

I picked some of these up on clearance at office depot (50 cents for a 4 pack). Might be a good option if anyone just wants just a few for your next flight?

I think I'm going to be in for 3 though. Not a bad price for 48, and I'm too lazy to drive to office depot just to save 92 cents.

I woot too much.

saintgrego

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintgrego
mykie wrote:FYI for all vegan/vegetarians:

Colgate wisps use a gelatin-based gel-cap to contain the liquid.

While you don't actually swallow this part, fragments of the gelatin could come loose and you might swallow it.

Depending on how dedicated you are to your vegan/vegetarianism, you may want to take this into consideration before purchasing.

Whoa. See? I don't even think about this kind of stuff sometimes. Thanks!

rigby321

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rigby321

These little guys helped me quit smoking! I love them. If this is still up in an hour or two I'll buy them but I don't want to get out of bed to get my new debit card right now.

emilybergeron1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilybergeron1

These will be perfect for my wedding on new years! We are having italian food loaded with garlic, these will be perfect to stock the bathrooms with for the new years kiss at midnight.

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps

Doesn't most toothpaste contain glycerin or gelatin?

melphisto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melphisto

i agree. seemed like a good idea -- and, granted, better than nothing in a serious pinch -- but pretty underwhelming overall. swishing around some mouthwash yields better results.

i3aby wrote:I hate these things. I got some for free at a promotion event and used them once when I was late. Big mistake.

It felt like I was rubbing a rubbery mint with spikes on my teeth...and the aftertaste wasn't very pleasant either.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

When I would see these on tv, I'd think they would be super handy, but after reading from the people that used them, perhaps a toothbrush for a buck and a travel sized toothpaste is a much better idea.

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??