4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ACTORDAVIDTRAN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ACTORDAVIDTRAN

Is there HD on this dealio or is Youtube Mode just "widescreen?"

I had one the (EX-S5) and on Amazon it said HD, but it really wasn't. In case there's an exact model or something avail...

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida

When you are in video record mode can you still use the zoom? I can't with my current camera and would really like to have this feature.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

kevielumps

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kevielumps

Is that a removable YouTube sticker on the front? Let's hope so, that's a huge dealbreaker for me.

We're all children of one big universe, so you don't have to be a chump. -Ben Folds

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

Is this compatible with Mac?

No, seriously. Is it?

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Here's the alatest link. It has some 'expert' reviews.
http://alatest.com/expert-reviews/digital-compact-camera-reviews/casio-exilim-ex-z800/pe3-116400964,147/

And it's available from woot in two different shades of pink? What a steal.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

room209

quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209

Good deal on this camera.

I will be buying one for my dog so he can upload videos of his friends to his youtube page to share with the world!

redeemer1113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redeemer1113

Is EXILIM a good brand?
14.1 MP is excellent for the price but still, I don't know if it's worth the money If I don't know anything about EXILIM.

Knowing is half the battle! the rest is 25% blue lasers, 25% red lasers.

acdawg

Here are some sample pictures taken with this camera and there is a link below the pictures for their review.

acdawg

redeemer1113 wrote:Is EXILIM a good brand?
14.1 MP is excellent for the price but still, I don't know if it's worth the money If I don't know anything about EXILIM.

Casio is the brand, EXILIM is the product line.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

zombiekicker

quality posts: 10 Private Messages zombiekicker
redeemer1113 wrote:Is EXILIM a good brand?

It's a Casio...

johngomm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johngomm

My two cents: I bought the Exilim EX-FS10 because it has high speed video. Cost $110 including shipping on Amazon. I love the high-speed capability and think it's well worth the extra money. Low light response is not good tho'.

redeemer1113

acdawg wrote:Here are some sample pictures taken with this camera.

Hmm, the pictures at a glance look good, but when I started to zoom, I saw.. grain.

Shadowhand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shadowhand

Bought a slightly older model a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of both photos and videos. Very decent point and shoot camera for the price. 8/10

Edit: And yes, it works perfectly with Mac and iPhoto. No, seriously.

bucksmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bucksmith

I thought about getting this for my mom, but the reviews are horrible:

http://byphotography.com/2010/11/casio-exilim-ex-z800-digital-camera-review/

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/products/casio-exilim-z800

Great woot price, but still a horrible camera

redeemer1113

zombiekicker wrote:It's a Casio...

Oh, then I'll pass.

amterpstra

quality posts: 4 Private Messages amterpstra
kevielumps wrote:Is that a removable YouTube sticker on the front? Let's hope so, that's a huge dealbreaker for me.

I wouldn't say it is a deal BREAKER for me, but I really hope it comes off -- I don't want to look like some kind of YouTube tool.

It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right. ~ Wootin' since 2005 and lovin' it!

acdawg

There's a sample video here.

EltonNoway

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway

Conclusion from steves-digicams review:

Bottom line - The Casio Exilim EX-Z800 is a nice little pocket camera that has a very appealing price tag of just $149 US. It can capture nice looking 14-megapixel snapshots that are sure to please those who post directly to FaceBook and other social sites as well as make nice 4x6-inch or larger prints. As long as you don't expect dSLR like quality from this camera, and are not pixel peeping on a regular basis, you should be quite pleased with the image quality from this camera. That said, we did see some White Balance issues, along with poor low-light AF performance due to the lack of an AF-assist lamp, but other than that there's not much to complain about with the EX-Z800. Pick this up if you are shopping for a "cute" little digital camera for your teenager that will capture nice 14-megapixel images and decent HD video.

acdawg

The rechargeable battery this uses kinda stinks because unless you buy an extra battery, you will have to wait for the dern thing to charge to use the camera again. If the battery dies while you're out, you're screwed. It's nice when cameras have AAA or AA batteries that you can easily replace or buy rechargeable versions of.

harmonicminor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonicminor

Been waiting for another cheap point and shoot to carry around at social gatherings... but I don't really know if this is the one... definitely need some convincing.

And seriously, I will NOT buy it if that YouTube thing doesn't come off.

zeroelement

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeroelement

Does this work with my Sima USB Multicable with Firewire?

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

A friend has this and it's excellent. He's a key engineer at Syynlabs too, who made that excellent OKGo video last year.

I love Casios, and have bought a bunch in the past. I'm in for a couple, and one for a present. Great usability, and picture quality is decent, esp for the price. Won't challenge the Lumix or Canons, but then they cost 2-4x as much! This also has nice wide angle (27mm equiv). Also, generally you can zoom on video. (my old Casio V-8 does). Does this zoom on video?

OK, here are a couple of reviews I used to double check.

Photography Blog review

Let's Go Digital review

chaos878

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chaos878

i had this camera, and i have nothing really bad to say about it. Its easy to use, and the pictures come out great. The shutter speed is a little slow, and you may have to play with the menus to get be about to take pictures in different environments. Other than that its a fine camera to take have.

harmonicminor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonicminor
chaos878 wrote:i had this camera, and i have nothing really bad to say about it. Its easy to use, and the pictures come out great. The shutter speed is a little slow, and you may have to play with the menus to get be about to take pictures in different environments. Other than that its a fine camera to take have.

DOES THE YOUTUBE STICKER COME OFF??

richardhod

harmonicminor wrote:DOES THE YOUTUBE STICKER COME OFF??

Yes it does. I have bought a few Casio cameras.. it's just a sticker and it leaves no horrible residue!

720p video Res too, to answer someone else's question!

mochicrunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mochicrunk

Nobody on Flickr uses this camera

However, flickr has an excellent product shot of this model... of Casio.

richardhod

chaos878 wrote:i had this camera, and i have nothing really bad to say about it. Its easy to use, and the pictures come out great. The shutter speed is a little slow, and you may have to play with the menus to get be about to take pictures in different environments. Other than that its a fine camera to take have.

You're right, but it's still not bad. Let me explain a little.

For its size it won't be able to have huge apertures, hence the slow shutter speeds.. as to let in light you need to tradeoff aperture and shutter speed (simple explanation for non-photo-techs

Indeed that's the tradeoff you make with the budget end and SMALL compacts: you can't make the apertures very wide at this cost and size level. Which means you have to compensate with a stop or two lower shutter speed. This camera has maximum aperture of f3.2 or something like that. Not great, but a budget SLR zoom will start at f3.5!

So, still pretty decent

dlazz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dlazz
phacopida wrote:When you are in video record mode can you still use the zoom? I can't with my current camera and would really like to have this feature.

According to this review you can:

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/casio_ex_z800_review/conclusion/

hspetterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hspetterson
bucksmith wrote:I thought about getting this for my mom, but the reviews are horrible:

This is actually a really great camera for a digital point & shoot! Go for it! And a great price. I paid $300 for an older model a few years ago. We still use it and are very happy with it.

richardhod

EltonNoway wrote:Conclusion from steves-digicams review:

Bottom line - The Casio Exilim EX-Z800 is a nice little pocket camera that has a very appealing price tag of just $149 US. It can capture nice looking 14-megapixel snapshots that are sure to please those who post directly to FaceBook and other social sites as well as make nice 4x6-inch or larger prints. As long as you don't expect dSLR like quality from this camera, and are not pixel peeping on a regular basis, you should be quite pleased with the image quality from this camera. That said, we did see some White Balance issues, along with poor low-light AF performance due to the lack of an AF-assist lamp, but other than that there's not much to complain about with the EX-Z800. Pick this up if you are shopping for a "cute" little digital camera for your teenager that will capture nice 14-megapixel images and decent HD video.

I turn off AF-assist lamps, as it annoys my friends when I'm trying to take semi-candid pix of them in bars!

hspetterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hspetterson
acdawg wrote:The rechargeable battery this uses kinda stinks because unless you buy an extra battery, you will have to wait for the dern thing to charge to use the camera again. If the battery dies while you're out, you're screwed. It's nice when cameras have AAA or AA batteries that you can easily replace or buy rechargeable versions of.

No way! Ours stays charged forever! Totally happy with this point & shoot. Remember everybody, this is a point & shoot and not a DSLR! And for what it is it is a GREAT deal and good camera.

check out my photos at http://audreystrawberry.wordpress.com/
(done w. my DSLR, NOT my Casio)

sorrell49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sorrell49

I think I'm passing on this one. Anyone recommend a not-too-expensive camera that will be good for taking pictures of a very active toddler? Thanks in advance!

LittleSpook

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LittleSpook

How is the audio quality on this camera?

I need a new camera for my band practices that at least lets me HEAR what's going on...it doesn't need to sound great, just decent. I bought a camcorder from China and even talking loudly causes the audio to crackle.

richardhod

LittleSpook wrote:How is the audio quality on this camera?

I need a new camera for my band practices that at least lets me HEAR what's going on...it doesn't need to sound great, just decent. I bought a camcorder from China and even talking loudly causes the audio to crackle.

It says it's mono (unlike the V8 which was technically in stereo), but from past experience with the V8 Casio's quality's hlf decent for a compact video. You can't control EQ levels, but it's not horrible!

Here's a song by an ex of mine a couple of years ago (she's now putting an album together with Universal) taken handheld on the EX-V8. Song's about a previous ex, incidentally, not me ;)

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55
bucksmith wrote:I thought about getting this for my mom, but the reviews are horrible:

These are both the same reviews word by word on two different sites.

mamanaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamanaser

i travel a lot, and was just wondering if the ac adaptor is compatible with up to 240 volts? i have come across some adaptors that needed a voltage transformer, and extra bulk is not my kinda excitement.... anyone know by chance?