0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Philips Portable DVD Player w/9" LCD
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

I have one of these... it heats up so much I can make paninis and waffles with it!

AaronTuttle69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AaronTuttle69
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Philips Portable DVD Player w/9" LCD
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

WOOT,this is getting sick...2 of tihs, 4 of that, 1 of this, 6 of that...give us something of SUBSTANCE, at a GREAT price

sssprinkle

quality posts: 17 Private Messages sssprinkle

My friends all have Blu-Rays, I must make amends...

apratsunrthd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apratsunrthd

What is a DVD?

kmkittre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmkittre

Damn, just saw the bar move a sliver. We're going to be here for awhile...

jgscott987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgscott987

Screeeeeeechhhhh!

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
sandbar67 wrote:I have one of these... it heats up so much I can make paninis and waffles with it!

wow.. that's Great..
I've never known How to make paninis ...
this will be a Major Score!!!

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

khearn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khearn

There's a label on the front that says "power off to charge" does that mean it can't be plugged in while playing? I have to play for a while, then charge for a while, then play for a while? seriously?

durkzilla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages durkzilla

It goes too fast, it goes too slow...

There's no making you people happy, is there?

wrwine3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wrwine3

I bought this new for my wife for $90. She loves it. I do too because I don't have to watch the Twilight movies.

sgmetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgmetal

people don't buy something I don't want, but I miss the chance to buy that camera. I am guessing that is all just a part of wooting.

mewschangeling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mewschangeling
wrwine3 wrote:I bought this new for my wife for $90. She loves it. I do too because I don't have to watch the Twilight movies.

Now that IS a great benefit! ;D

17 woots, and counting...

kmkittre

wrwine3 wrote:I bought this new for my wife for $90. She loves it. I do too because I don't have to watch the Twilight movies.

Your wife would love you more if you'd just bought her a laptop... ;-)

surfacing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages surfacing
sgmetal wrote:people don't buy something I don't want, but I miss the chance to buy that camera. I am guessing that is all just a part of wooting.

No worries, that camera wasn't great anyway.

tatterbits

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tatterbits

Ohmigod, those movies are HORRIBLE!! I made it through 30min before I had to quit.

TheGrandWooterian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheGrandWooterian
khearn wrote:There's a label on the front that says "power off to charge" does that mean it can't be plugged in while playing? I have to play for a while, then charge for a while, then play for a while? seriously?

You can use the power cord to Either play a DVD OR charge the player. It does not Charge and play a DVD at the same time.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt

Refurbs are sold at Amazon for $75, where this gets excellent reviews, especially noting the long battery life.

But Amazon returns are easy. If I have trouble with a Woot purchase, does Woot make returns relatively simple

ajayaitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajayaitch

Does it have a spindle lock and can the screen rotate 180 degrees? I want to hang it from the roof of the car so the kids leave me alone.
I didn't say they were my kids either.

unsupported

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unsupported
khearn wrote:There's a label on the front that says "power off to charge" does that mean it can't be plugged in while playing? I have to play for a while, then charge for a while, then play for a while? seriously?

It will play when plugged in, it will not play and charge when plugged in, it will only charge when turned off.

sgmetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgmetal
surfacing wrote:No worries, that camera wasn't great anyway.

Yeah I was googling it really quickly and was almost ready to say yes and it was gone. Guess it might of been for the best. Now buy these dvd players people :P.

Anyways so I have read about these glorious bags of crap, when shall they come around?

cjdevlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjdevlin

I've got this and the battery doesn't hold a charge after a year of casual use. The battery is NOT replaceable.

unsupported

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unsupported

I've never experienced this getting hot. My daughter uses it on long road trips.

I like it, especially since I scored it a few years ago for like $25 on a Black Friday deal.

techscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techscott

this isn't bad, maybe for a road trip or something but I have a laptop which plays movies and more and heats up less than this. Get a blueray drive from Newegg and now I have a portable blueray. I will wait for a better woot.

khearn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khearn
TheGrandWooterian wrote:You can use the power cord to Either play a DVD OR charge the player. It does not Charge and play a DVD at the same time.

Thanks for clearing that up. That's not such a bad restriction.

kmkittre

sgmetal wrote:Anyways so I have read about these glorious bags of crap, when shall they come around?

There's usually at least a couple during a woot off. Good luck, though. The four times I've seen it on the page I've never been able to complete a purchase. Site always crashes...

yufool

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yufool

My mom wants one, but I wouldn't have the heart to buy her a refurb

GoToonces

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GoToonces

Does it also come with a magic glove that makes one's fingers small enough to actually use that remote?

mparmer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mparmer

so the lolcatz begin

welley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages welley
sssprinkle wrote:My friends all have Blu-Rays, I must make amends...

Those of us over 50 thought this was funny.

techscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techscott
cjdevlin wrote:I've got this and the battery doesn't hold a charge after a year of casual use. The battery is NOT replaceable.

EVERYTHING is replaceable, the question lies in technical ability and cost to replace or hack. This could be rigged to run on an old laptop battery

orourkeej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orourkeej

We have one of these. It is a basic no frills player but has worked well over the past nine months. The screen is adequate but will not "wow" anyone. Battery life is usually enough for one movie but it comes with a 12v adapter as well as the regular charger so can easily be used in the car or home.

One nice advantage of Phillips DVD players is that they can be set to play DVDs from any region. Makes it nice to play foreign language discs. Do a google search for instructions as it is an undocumented feature.

jdkessler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdkessler
kmkittre wrote:There's usually at least a couple during a woot off. Good luck, though. The four times I've seen it on the page I've never been able to complete a purchase. Site always crashes...

There is only ever one during a wootoff. I am not aware of there being multiple ones. They only last about 5 minutes before selling out, which may sound like alot but keep in mind that the site will be going so slowly it will take an average of 7! minutes to complete an order. You do the math, you have to get lucky.

greginnj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greginnj
ajayaitch wrote:Does it have a spindle lock and can the screen rotate 180 degrees? I want to hang it from the roof of the car so the kids leave me alone.
I didn't say they were my kids either.

You can get this thing to mount it...

-=greginnj=-

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

@crowsnest531

Woody1

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Woody1

I snagged one just because it will play all those DivX movies I have purchased (I pay for the Internet, therefore I paid for the movies). It's my defense and I'm sticking with it.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't

clemsonfanjt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clemsonfanjt

Ok the Bar has not MOVED in a while......might be time to go check email

I came I saw I left with tired eyes

rumzzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rumzzz

yellow line go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy