0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Vizio 47" 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV
$549.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

stefanjreich

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stefanjreich

woot's got worms!

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

Can someone explain contrast ratios? The higher the better, right?

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

phacopida

quality posts: 65 Private Messages phacopida

Anyone have experience with Vizio? How is the quality?

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

Is 120Hz that big of an improvement over 60Hz? (Will I notice a difference?)

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi

Mixed reviews at cnet:
CNET Review

tricklosan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tricklosan

good size for price....
but 1080p @ 120 Hz is nothing special as thats the new standard.

nwelshans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nwelshans
bmw66x wrote:Can someone explain contrast ratios? The higher the better, right?

No, short answer. They are marketing BS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_ratio , read the references, there is plenty to talk about.

carlycupcake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlycupcake

Even if I wanted to purchase, I just cannot get past the horrific worm screen. Do they really want us to buy one?

revolucion2412

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revolucion2412

and refurbished??

this is not a deal

kallsid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kallsid

does this come with the worms too?

donnie22hall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnie22hall
phacopida wrote:Anyone have experience with Vizio? How is the quality?

Its a no name brand

harmonicminor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonicminor

Guess they really opened up a can of worms with this one, huh guys?

cappomutato

quality posts: 19 Private Messages cappomutato

This is exactly what my wife should buy for us. Now, can somebody talk her into it for me?

yay taco

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

Vizio is a pretty solid company. I have a 32" 720p and it's served me mightily well.

120hz is cool and all, but it's mostly used for 3d. Your eyes will perceive (sp?) a maximum of approx. 60 fps, but 120hz will look (very) slightly smoother.

The writeup made me lol, as I was raised protestant. Yay jokes!

phacopida

quality posts: 65 Private Messages phacopida

Here's some info on contrast ratios. It seems the numbers are not always informative.

http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/contrast-ratio.html

Rand627

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rand627
donnie22hall wrote:Its a no name brand

No, it's not. It's known as a good quality TV. It's at the bottom of the top. Even a Westinghouse isn't a no name brand.

Wewt.

showcaller

quality posts: 35 Private Messages showcaller

This is a great woot. Just worked on a presentation about Vizio for 4,000 sales reps and discovered all kinds of interesting things about them. If I hadn't just bought one of their 42" sets, I would grab this one, even refurbished. Vizio is going to be around for a long long time. They will be shortly, if not already the number one producer of Television sets, and they have just begun...

Wiisus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wiisus

A friend of mine has a 22" Vizio. It's really nice. Great picture, solid construction. Doesn't give that "cheap" feel.

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

The higher the better is how contrast ratios are supposed to work, but each company has a different way of measuring them. In the end they are useless numbers because you can't do anything useful with them.

unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol
revolucion2412 wrote:and refurbished??

this is not a deal

How is this not a deal? 4 star reviews, mostly 5 star, and $750 new at Amazon. $742 on froogle and even better ratings. I shouldn't spend the money but my friends 40 inch was 550 and Vizio is supposed to be a decent brand... Thoughts anyone

persiaa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages persiaa

I've had one for a couple of months (26", 720p) and it seems to work just fine. The setup was very easy. It was about $300.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

this is my current TV, and i absolutely love it! i've had it for almost three years and have had no problems with it. almost all of my friends also now own vizio sets due to my high recommendations and have had equally great experiences. this brand has a lower price tag, but that doesn't mean it's lower in quality...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

Oh, boy, I wish it were that simple. Everything is a tradeoff with advantages and disadvantages. Check out this analysis for a clear, brief explanation of the relevant HDTV terms and types.

Teatherwind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teatherwind

Woot, cut me a deal on it if I stop by the office and pick it up?

misterjohnny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misterjohnny

Vizio is a relatively new brand started by some guys who built the LCD monitors for Gateway. Decent quality, not cutting edge technology though. Good value for your money.

Interesting tidbit: they don't sell through Best Buy because the owners of Vizio don't like Best Buy.

btdgreg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages btdgreg

If this included Vizio's internet apps and was smaller (strange, I know), I might be tempted. I'm looking for a 42" set to put in my bedroom, but want built-in Netflix, etc., if possible.

Also, refurx kind of scares me when it comes to TVs. Can't say why, exactly.

Specs are pretty good on this one, though and I think Vizio is an okay brand.

unksol

belowi wrote:Mixed reviews at cnet:
CNET Review

Your CNET link is broken. Great reviews on Amazon and Froogle

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

btw, if anyone cares about celebrity endorsements, vizio is the official TV brand of the ellen degeneres show.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

halotaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halotaz
acdawg wrote:Is 120Hz that big of an improvement over 60Hz? (Will I notice a difference?)

Personally, I would say yes, you will notice a difference. Once the TV size is larger than 42", I believe the "smoothness" difference becomes more apparent between the two speeds.

Some people will disagree and say there's no difference. My best advice is to go to your local Best Buy type place and just look at the two, side by side. Hopefully, they'll be playing some sports game or other fast paced action display to give you the best example.

ksimpson22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksimpson22

Have 3 at home and 8 around the office - they've all worked out perfect. The picture is great (probably not the most amazing out there, but still high quality) and they *last*. The lifetime figure was a big factor for us because they run 10-12 hours/day every day in the office.

latefee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages latefee

I bought the 32" E322VL Vizio from Costco for under $400 around Christmas and am loving it. The viewing angle blows away my 46" Samsung LED TV and holds contrast and color pretty much 180 degrees.

Granted, I also love the built-in WiFi and Netflix that this offering is lacking, but I'm pretty happy with the picture quality. There is a slight buzz to the audio that I notice while going to sleep, though nothing distracting enough to keep me awake. I would be interested if I was shopping for another TV.

oldhotrodder2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldhotrodder2

If you take a look at places like TigerDirect, AMAZON, etc, you will notice a lot of VIZIO units for sale, refurbished. That should tell you something. I looked at several VIZIO tv's, like the vf552XVT @ $1499, and read every review I could find, and they were NOT that favorable, mostly about the blurring, pixelization problems. And that is the 240 hz model. The End

gumprint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gumprint

Contrast Radios explained and links to the details you know when considering a HD LCD : http://www.ehow.com/how_6498763_explain-contrast-ratio-lcd-tv.html

pkagel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pkagel

I bought a 50" Plasma Vizio off of Woot a couple years ago and it has been a very nice TV with no problems whatsoever. I don't regret the purchase one bit.

gnaustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnaustin

I have 3 Vizio televisions, a 26", a 32" and a 47", as well as a Vizio DVD player. I will never again buy any other brand. Incredible electronics at incredible prices.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

I bought my father a Vizio 42" LCD HDTV Walmart shelf display model last summer to replace his old 32" Sylvania CRT TV. He loves it. He's always bragging about how good the sound is which sometimes sounds like it's coming from 1 or 2 other rooms in his home, that's probably the new surround sound features he's not use to.

Consumer Reports ranks them very well for reliability, too.

angelppa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelppa

I have had my Vizio for 3 years now. Love it, I recommend it to friends/family. No complaints at all, quality is better than the Sony or Panasonic or LG my family has had.

unksol

00000100 wrote:
120hz is cool and all, but it's mostly used for 3d. Your eyes will perceive (sp?) a maximum of approx. 60 fps, but 120hz will look (very) slightly smoother.

Interesting article on refresh rates. I 120hz and higher were desirable for fast action/sports. Its supposed to show a noticable improvement, so if thats ur thing its great. Seems its less desirable for movies, etc, but its pretty much the standard now