Mogul35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mogul35
doogul wrote:Well, I guess they just didn't do a departure scan from Kansas. My TV is now in Oregon with an estimated delivery date of tomorrow! Sweet!

If I ever encounteryou in the future I shall henceforth percieve your name as Dogul and pronounce it as "DoeGull" similar to mine.

BobMichaels

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BobMichaels

Mine broke free from KS and is already on the the delivery truck. YeeHaaa

unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol

Well, mine made it out of Kansas, but supposedly its sitting 2 hours away in Illinois as of last night... Still, it says delivery today and the dont seem to be doing departure scans at all..... *crosses fingers*

Beth2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beth2

ITS HERE! Wahoo!

Thank you FedEx, you rock.

bonfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonfam

on the truck and on the way. already moved the 37 down to the basement to replace the tube that has begun to shrink and make every shows cast coneheads. wires hanging longingly from the wall now. i guess i can fix the garage door while i wait.

btw, someone posted a link to a great place to buy cables online and now i can't find it. a little help, please.

craig baughn

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Hey all, I checked some tracking yesterday and saw that a lot of these were still in Dallas then. If you're not seeing movement on your TV today, FedEx has shut down because of the snow we got overnight on top of the ice we got earlier in the week. I'm not SURE that this will affect any of your TVs, but please keep in mind that we're dealing with unforeseeable delays right now.

renatuslives

quality posts: 10 Private Messages renatuslives
bonfam wrote:btw, someone posted a link to a great place to buy cables online and now i can't find it. a little help, please.

Monoprice.com ?

Or perhaps the next wootoff. ;)

Mogul35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mogul35

Fedex guy just called me and left a message something like this "His this is whatshisname from fedex and I have your package here, looks like a 47" tv and I noticed your in an apartment complex but it doesnt have an apartment number. Should I have a number or do you have a townhouse? Give me a call back at X or I hope your there when I arrive because you need to sign for this"

Blown away I called back and confirmed my address and he gave me a ballpark time to expect him.
Kick-Ass

jpa2825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpa2825

Got the tracking # last night and it was delivered to my Ma & Pa outside Louisville, KY this AM. What a whirlwind from "no info" to "delivered" in 15 hours!!!

NaeMo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NaeMo

Got the tracking last evening, and it is on the truck on it's way to me right now! Thanks Woot! And thanks to the community here, for hanging in there and posting info. Woot rocks!

aolshove

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aolshove

Got it (in Oregon)! This TV has an awesome, crisp picture. It's quite a bit better than my old 42" Vizio. Thanks WOOT!

RedValentino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RedValentino

Box has arrived in Denver CO.

BobMichaels

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BobMichaels

Booooo! Fedex vacuums detectives.

Mine said "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" all day long. Now it says estimated delivery Febuary 7th. Crockabaloney

Updated: Today (Saturday) it says "At Local Fedex Facility", then suddenly the driver is at my door. All's well that ends well.

cflorentine1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cflorentine1

I got mine yesterday it was waiting for me when I got home (had someone there who signed of course) and got it up. My husband fiddled with settings forever and it looks great. I just get so confused by some of their picture settings. We turned everything off to get it to look good because with everything on it was grainey. What settings do you guys keep on and what off?

Jestyr24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jestyr24

Finally got mine! Except its going to sit in the box for the Superbowl because it only contained a TV and broken stand. No power cable, no instructions, no component cables, no remote. I'm a little disappointed but lets see what support does.. on Monday of course.

Update:
Got a power cable and HDMI.
Pulled user manual from web.
Have it setup with a bracket instead of the stand now, user manual confirmed something is not right with the stand.
Manually programed my Uverse remote to control TV.
Panic induced crisis resolved. yey!

unksol

BobMichaels wrote:Booooo! Fedex vacuums detectives.

Mine said "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" all day long. Now it says estimated delivery Febuary 7th. Crockabaloney

Call the hub its at and ask nicely. Maybe they'll let you pick it up there tomorrow. Or do the hold for pickup option on the web if its available to you. With the superbowl, big tv, and the storm they might be a little more sympathetic than usual. As long as you dont start off yelling at them.

citius009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citius009

Finally got my TV. Hooked it up to my home theatre system, turned off the ambient light sensor and it looks AWESOME! Time for some blu ray action tonight :D

freak6148

quality posts: 4 Private Messages freak6148

Just got mine up on the wall!!!! Received it about 30 minutes ago.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/karmaphones/DSC00036.jpg

and it looks AWESOME!!!

Dianrez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dianrez

Got mine today.

It will have to go back, because the closed captions only comes in one font and that is particularly hard to read.

For those who know typography, it is Arial Narrow Monospace, ALL CAPS.

As close as I can within the limitations of this forum, it looks like this:

D I A L O G U E I N T H R E E L I N E S O F C A P T I O N S I S H A R D T O R E A D L I K E T H I S F O R M O R E T H A N A F E W M I N U T E S.

Impossible to read during fast action and lots of dialogue. Other brands of TVs have a choice of fonts, while this only has one. CC1 works, not CC2 through CS6. This is a major design fail.

chaosxkitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaosxkitten

My TV is INCREDIBLE!!!!!

A+ Woot.

kubus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kubus

Mine got here 8:30A today... has a random shut down syndrome which made me jump out of my skin twice now. After shutdown it changes to black and white. Unplugging from power seems to make it work again.
The remote response blows, factory and the DirecTV have to be exactly in the right position in order for the sensor to register.
Otherwise it is OK, watching Pens game, never noticed that Matt Cook is now missing 3 front teeth.

Tdavis81

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tdavis81

Received mine today.

Its amazing, looks great, Thank you woot!!

Now.... how about a good blue ray.

sqerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sqerl
Tdavis81 wrote:Received mine today.

Its amazing, looks great, Thank you woot!!

Now.... how about a good blue ray.

exactly... mine works great, looks great and couldn't be happier... now I need to upgrade the other components!

ryancorso13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryancorso13

They wont deliver my TV without a signature and I'm not home when they try to deliver it. I called FedEx and they told me that I have to get Woot to allow them to leave it at another location. I've emailed woot to ask that and they have not gotten back to me. I can't find a phone number. Does anyone have one that I can call to talk to Woot?
Thanks for the help.

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

Dateline Friday 11am EST: Received Fedex email notification that driver attempted to deliver but nobody was home.

12Noon: Called Fedex support..no Saturday delivery and they will try again Monday. I asked if I could pick it up. They called the driver, got his return time, provided the Fedex Hub address and said I could pick it up after 5:30! A+ Customer service.

5:30pm: Picked up TV at local FedEx hub. They even helped me load it into my Jeep (another A+ for FedEx)

8:00pm: After letting the TV adjust to room temperature I fire it up. I'm blown away! We've never had high def before. We netflixed 'The Office' and the high def + huge screen + jerky Office camera movement actually made us motion sick! Awesome!

TV is going on the wall today. Can't thank Woot (and the great comment contributors in the forums) enough!

Very satisfied here in Akron, Ohio!

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351
ryancorso13 wrote:They wont deliver my TV without a signature and I'm not home when they try to deliver it. I called FedEx and they told me that I have to get Woot to allow them to leave it at another location. I've emailed woot to ask that and they have not gotten back to me. I can't find a phone number. Does anyone have one that I can call to talk to Woot?
Thanks for the help.

In speaking with FedEx yesterday, most local hubs are open until at least 8pm for pickup. Have you tried that option?

urquel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urquel

I just got mine. The screen is cracked. I called FEDEX to report it. They said the seller has to make the claim. FEDEX created a claim and I sent an email to service@woot.com with the claim. Hopefully they will handle it quickly. Has anyone else had experience with damaged merchandise at woot?

jamwms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamwms
urquel wrote:I just got mine. The screen is cracked. I called FEDEX to report it. They said the seller has to make the claim. FEDEX created a claim and I sent an email to service@woot.com with the claim. Hopefully they will handle it quickly. Has anyone else had experience with damaged merchandise at woot?

recieved mine yesterday,works great, base was even put together, best deal on woot in a long time!!!picture fantastic!!!

cxs5087

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxs5087

Well...got mine today. Did not realize that it does not come with A) A POWER CABLE, B) a remote, or C) a user manual. We, the Hitchhikers?! How am I supposed to turn the thing on!?

Thenoodleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thenoodleman

Got my TV yesterday. Two of the mounting holes have no nuts behind them so its gotta go back.

Now I've just spent an hour on the phone with Vizio getting the runaround. The basic story is I'll get a different refurbished TV but it will take some time and be a "process". Not what I want to hear..

Obviously I am SOL for the superbowl.

This is probably the last time I buy a big item from woot. The savings aren't enough to justify the this kind of aggravation.

cflorentine1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cflorentine1

Update:

To above posters call company, mine came with remote/powercord all that jazz.

However I put it up thursday and yesterday I noticed weird bright spots on the corners. It looks like bad glare. I called vizio they had me send pictures...bleh I want a new one they said they will send repair but when they call back about pictures I am going to request a new or new refurb ...note to anyone who has to go through this TAKE NOTES. I work for a major company as a case manager and people who have detailed notes like times of call, reps they spoke with, actions taken make it much easier to help them.

kubus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kubus

Mine is going back...hopefully I won't get someone elses with the same problem.

dfrommi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dfrommi

mines still waiting in ohio to make its way to michigan. i wont be here on the 7th to sign for it.... not sure if there is a hub near me either. fed ex didnt give much info for a hub pick up

ClintDov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClintDov

Way to go FedEx. TV's in charlotte Friday - 30 miles away. TV goes 10 miles Saturday and now no new TV for Super Bowl Sunday. FedEx, you suck!

genaldi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genaldi

Received this on Friday, so far it looks great! The picture looks crisp and uniform, no dead pixels, banding, blooming, dark/light spots or anything abnormal looking. As for the appearance of the TV itself, there are no scratches, nicks or chips. The unit looks absolutely brand new with protective plastic cling stuff wrapped around everything. The stand, remote, batteries, power cord, manuals and cleaning cloth all appear to be brand new.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to get the two year SquareTrade warranty for $96 (after coupon "super"). I probably will, since with my luck, this thing might decide to die on day 91.

Thanks for the deal Woot! Hopefully the majority of the folks who got in on this deal will receive theirs without any issues as well.

unksol

jasonking0351 wrote:
12Noon: Called Fedex support..no Saturday delivery and they will try again Monday. I asked if I could pick it up. They called the driver, got his return time, provided the Fedex Hub address and said I could pick it up after 5:30! A+ Customer service.

5:30pm: Picked up TV at local FedEx hub. They even helped me load it into my Jeep (another A+ for FedEx)

You're lucky. They told me it was going to be delivered Friday. It missed the truck by an hour, but I could have picked it up at the hub if I had know it was there. Problem was they didn't update the tracking information till 12 hours later after they closed, and they just deleted my Friday delivery date. I am slightly grumpy. But its supposed to be here today. Finally.

unksol

dfrommi wrote:mines still waiting in ohio to make its way to michigan. i wont be here on the 7th to sign for it.... not sure if there is a hub near me either. fed ex didnt give much info for a hub pick up

There should be some sort of warehouse they are operating out of "relatively" close. You can request they hold it at the facility online after the first delivery attempt. You can also call the 1800 number on the fedex site and give them your tracking number and they are pretty helpful.

djmoore914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmoore914

Still haven't received mine. Was supposed to be here Friday. Says "On Time", then all of the sudden it still says "On Time" but day is changed to today, still have not received. I cannot stand FedEx, never have had a good experience with them. Woot, PLEASE PLEASE SHIP VIA UPS, OR AT LEAST GIVE AN OPTION. I would have paid more to ship via UPS.

tryitsniperz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tryitsniperz

Well my TV Came today but it has a small problem. There is a pretty big hold in the screen from shipping I would have to assume >.< Now I've gotta figure out this whole mess and probably wont get this TV once this is all said and done.

Edit: Spoke to Visio and they wont do anything because they "don't Cover shipping damage", Woot better do something about this...

Here is the damage...
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/tryitsniperz/IMAG0150.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/tryitsniperz/IMAG0151.jpg

Roedran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roedran

Got it!