eeferber


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eeferber
csempere wrote:Just purchased the Sanyo VPC-GH2 High Definition Camcorder that was on woot the other day. Would this be a good accessory for that hd camcorder? What would be the benefit of the HDMI cord (plug n play on tv)?



the manual says the Sanyo has a mini-HDMI. This should work fine to connect directly to a TV.

loraleek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages loraleek

Will this work with a digital camera (Cannon_ for which I lost the cable? Thanks.

ihavethemelody


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ihavethemelody

Sweet, I always need more SD cards for my old Cannon 500 series point and shoot. And now I have a cable to work worth my mini hdmi outputting graphics card. Wouldn't have gotten it without the SD card ,but 5 bucks for the cable and 5 bucks for a 4 GB SD card that will work in a point and shoot, perfect.

ihavethemelody


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ihavethemelody
loraleek wrote:Will this work with a digital camera (Cannon_ for which I lost the cable? Thanks.



Most digital electronic spies use Mini USB outputs (and the annying one's use Micro-USB), so that is probably the kind of cable you need. Sorry : /.

gruisinger


quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger

If you have a Pentax K-7 or K-5, this is the cable you need (mini HDMI to HDMI) to output from the camera to a standard HDMI display.

Also I know the Olympus PEN E-P1 uses this type of connector.

wildfire52


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildfire52

I 2 can also use more SD cards for older hardware.The HDMI cables moving forward and giving to others.
In fur 3 :-)


Woooot!

CaptainTr1pps


quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
ihavethemelody wrote:Most digital electronic spies use Mini USB outputs (and the annying one's use Micro-USB), so that is probably the kind of cable you need. Sorry : /.



That's the kind of cable this is.

For everyone asking, honestly, considering the earlier mixup, either go look at your device or google it quickly and see what the connector is, there's almost no standard answer even within the same manufacturer. Be certain before you order a cable you can't use, would be my advice, and your already on the internet if you're posting here one way or the other - use it.

I mean my HTC phone uses a mini-hdmi connector, but apparently not the Evo, so check for yourself.

bizoink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bizoink

If you're just looking for the HDMI check Monoprice... about $5 shipped

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10242&cs_id=1024201&p_id=3645&seq=1&format=2

tdisease


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdisease
gregdanielius wrote:****WARNING HTC EVO 4G USERS!****

The cable on today's woot has a Mini-HDMI connector - The Evo 4G requires a cable with a Micro-HDMI connector.

That is all.



Thanks for the heads up!

gweedog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gweedog

Sweet. Waiting pays off. I was going to buy one of these cables half a year ago for way more.

SeanFishsticks


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SeanFishsticks

For those with the Droid X and Evo, go to monoprice. The cable you need is $2.58. The product ID is 7445. You're welcome.

jpa2825


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpa2825

From a brief glance at the Canon website, it does not appear that my older HV10 camcorder has a Mini HDMI plug. As such, no good for me.

tsfisch


quality posts: 37 Private Messages tsfisch
CaptainTr1pps wrote:That's the kind of cable this is.



No it's not. This is HDMI. HDMI is completely different than USB (even though they look similar).

cgcozines


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cgcozines

If this is a SD card, as opposed to SDHC, there is a rare find indeed. If you own a Canon digital camera, you can load CHDK on this card to run in your camera to unlock special features (e.g., RAW) without damage to your equipment. Google 'CHDK' for more info.

If you own a Canon HD camcorder, you can use the cable to watch your videos on your HDTV. (Obviously, I'm a loyal Canon fan! )

In for 1!

11teacb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11teacb
DennisEChung wrote:Is the SD card a class 2?



As best I can tell it is comparable to either a class 2 or class 4. However, it is not given a rating so I wouldn't put my money on it being amazing. It supposedly has a max write speed of 15.6 mb, but that doesn't say much as to the actual class of the card because SDHC cards are categorized based on minimum write speeds.

11teacb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11teacb
cgcozines wrote:If this is a SD card, as opposed to SDHC, there is a rare find indeed.



I wouldn't bet my money on the fact that it is old format SD, primarily because SD cards have a max capacity of 2gb, this one is 4gb.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. sdcard.org might help

darthreavan1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthreavan1

The REAL getter here is the cable...which can be had at a way cheaper price at monoprice.

So unless you really want that SD, i'd stick with monoprice.com.

rkucalaba


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkucalaba

The cable fits Nikon SLRs (D7000). Also as previously mentioned the SD card is very rare 4GB and hopefully will work on my ancient Dell PDA which does not support SDHC.

twobears


quality posts: 1 Private Messages twobears
CaptainTr1pps wrote:That's the kind of cable this is.

For everyone asking, honestly, considering the earlier mixup, either go look at your device or google it quickly and see what the connector is, there's almost no standard answer even within the same manufacturer. Be certain before you order a cable you can't use, would be my advice, and your already on the internet if you're posting here one way or the other - use it.

I mean my HTC phone uses a mini-hdmi connector, but apparently not the Evo, so check for yourself.



Thanks for the sage advice. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to be confused and thought it was the right one. I need MICRO not MINI. Oh well, I can still use the SD card.

stereo55


quality posts: 1 Private Messages stereo55

This HDMI should also work on the newer 400/500 Nvidia series of video cards (w/mini HDMI) .

May grab one , but gonna check monoprice first.

simplyletgo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages simplyletgo
11teacb wrote:As best I can tell it is comparable to either a class 2 or class 4. However, it is not given a rating so I wouldn't put my money on it being amazing. It supposedly has a max write speed of 15.6 mb, but that doesn't say much as to the actual class of the card because SDHC cards are categorized based on minimum write speeds.



You're correct in that the Class rating is based upon minimum write speed, from wikipedia:

"The Class number represents a multiple of 8 Mb/s (1 MB/s), and meets the least sustained write speeds for a card in a fragmented state"

In a 'fragmented' state, the card has data on it that is scattered across the card. This means during a sustained write, the card controller must continually jump around, storing small portions of the data in different positions. This, inturn, represesnts the 'minimum' write speed.

Unfortunately, we CANNOT know the class of this particular card, as it is given in MAXIMUM write speed (15.6 MB/sec). However, if we make a guess that the minimum speed is HALF of the given maximum, this card would be a class 8.

jstjohnz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstjohnz
11teacb wrote:I wouldn't bet my money on the fact that it is old format SD, primarily because SD cards have a max capacity of 2gb, this one is 4gb.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. sdcard.org might help



There are some 4GB SD cards, but they're not common. Handy for non-SDHC devices where you need extra capacity.

hitman12131976


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hitman12131976

My Canon HD Camera uses the Mini-HD plug as an out and I've been wanting one of these because I was tired of hooking up 5 cable to the TV to watch my videos. Thanks w00t!!!

Moviela


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Moviela
simplyletgo wrote:...if we make a guess that the minimum speed is HALF of the given maximum, this card would be a class 8.



The guess of half the max speed is certainly true for the SDHC 16G and 32G assemblies, however, if this is a non-SDHC card, those are blisteringly fast. I measure 90% in cards I use in production. That puts the minimum speed at ~ 14. The question is that bits or bytes.


Now....signature free!

cliffhusn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cliffhusn

I bought it for the cable, the SD Card is a freebie I'll use it in my netbook. This will work great on my Sony A550.

aftab7000


quality posts: 5 Private Messages aftab7000

I want one specifically for the 4GB SD card - it is a very very rare one these days -- For my palm TX. The mini HDMI will go with the lumix.

borntohunt


quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Thanks for more good deals, Woot!


Here's an additional good deal for those who want to convert the Mini-HDMI/Full-HDMI cable to a regular Full-HDMI cable or the opposite way for only $1.17 to $1.20 at the web links below:

Mini-HDMI Male to HDMI Female Adapter

AND

Mini-HDMI Female to HDMI Male Adapter


derekghs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekghs

Sweet, this will go great with the EVGA gtx460 I just installed two days ago. Great timing WOOT!

Mini-hdmi cord that is, guess I'll have to find a use for the card...

brianbullard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianbullard
dernst_ca1 wrote:yes

Sent while sitting
next to my HTC-EVO





I have an Evo too, and I am pretty sure that we need micro HDMI not mini.

kd5qhr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kd5qhr

Cable will work with my HD Flipcam. No use for the card, but I'll take it!

marillo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marillo

I bought this, because I need the cable to hook up my Sony DSLR to a TV monitor. I didn't even notice the SD card when I placed the order. Extra bonus... sweet!

kellsarah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellsarah

some Woot deals seam great, but the $5 for 2 week shipping method (there is a reason there is a snail in woots smartpost logo) kills deals like this that could be sent faster, cheaper, and much quicker using 1st class USPS.

prestridge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prestridge

What is the difference between micro and mini HDMI? Is this standard on one end and mini on the other?

11teacb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11teacb
jstjohnz wrote:There are some 4GB SD cards, but they're not common. Handy for non-SDHC devices where you need extra capacity.



True, my error. I apologize. I did actually find one after a little searching, and thus retract my previous statement.
http://www.flash-memory-store.com/qmemory-sd-150x-4gb.html

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

prestridge wrote:What is the difference between micro and mini HDMI? Is this standard on one end and mini on the other?

This might help. Click on the picture to go to the site.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thestrangeceleb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thestrangeceleb
csempere wrote:Just purchased the Sanyo VPC-GH2 High Definition Camcorder that was on woot the other day. Would this be a good accessory for that hd camcorder? What would be the benefit of the HDMI cord (plug n play on tv)?



Thats pretty much what im getting it for(plug & play), as I also wooted that very same camcorder. I just wanna know what class SD card it is...

prestridge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prestridge

Thanks...so most HD camcorders are gonna have the mini?

jnevil


quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Digital Camcorder Kit with 4GB SD Card & 6' HDMI to Mini HDMI Cable has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

meme11815


quality posts: 0 Private Messages meme11815
nunyadamnbizness wrote:I wonder if this cable is compatible with my EVO?



meme11815


quality posts: 0 Private Messages meme11815
jnevil wrote:**Shipping Update**

Digital Camcorder Kit with 4GB SD Card & 6' HDMI to Mini HDMI Cable has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING