+ Add a Comment

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I take a lot of photos of bugs, and the little hairs get destroyed with even the smallest amount of compression.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
FenStar wrote:I take a lot of photos of buds, and the little hairs get destroyed with even the smallest amount of compression.



Heh, one letter difference and you're a huge pothead.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
FenStar wrote:On another note, I am thinking about getting a webserver for $2.50/mo so that I can host larger images than I can with flicker. Does anyone actually care if they can see the full unresized 18mp images though?



You might try running your own server off your PC and using a DNS redirect service for free, unless you're anticipating high volume. Otherwise, you might investigate Picasa too. I think they generally let you download higher resolution than Flickr.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Gatzby wrote:You might try running your own server off your PC and using a DNS redirect service for free, unless you're anticipating high volume. Otherwise, you might investigate Picasa too. I think they generally let you download higher resolution than Flickr.

You know, we discussed this on IRC.

I was just wondering if anyone would actually care if my pics were higher res.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5065/5665962352_481c91ae04_b.jpg



That certainly is a close-up.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

What's the worst thing you can get in the mail?

A letter from the IRS. A thick letter. A letter saying you didn't do something right a year ago and you owe more. Lots more.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:What's the worst thing you can get in the mail?

A letter from the IRS. A thick letter. A letter saying you didn't do something right a year ago and you owe more. Lots more.



ouch!


so you're the reason why the fed budget deficit is so big!

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
pooflady wrote:What's the worst thing you can get in the mail?

A letter from the IRS. A thick letter. A letter saying you didn't do something right a year ago and you owe more. Lots more.



Ouch ouch ouch.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What's the worst thing you can get in the mail?

A letter from the IRS. A thick letter. A letter saying you didn't do something right a year ago and you owe more. Lots more.



Did you get such a letter?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Maybe these tornadoes are Democrats instead of the Republican ones you seem fond of

Off to look at GWPs wall, it can't be that much more entertaining than Orc's post this morning that got LMR and a friend of ours who lives in her own personal (and very sweet) little reality.



The funny part was her reaction to Fen's first post.
Then she started arguing with him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Good morning all. Too damn early to get up even for me.
Those of you in the east coast- be safe looks like bad weather heading your way today.



Missed us. Got a couple of downpours, but fast.
Now they say it is gone. Sun is coming out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Did you get such a letter?



of course not. pooflady just loves making up hypotheticals! plus she doesn't make misteaks.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DJTweekNYC wrote:Holy wind outside batman! It's ridiculous here. We have a crappy door here at work, and the wind just tore it off the hinges... so now the front door is locked with a note telling people to walk around to the back. I don't expect much counter traffic today.



Manhattan and Staten Island got a lot worse than eastern queens/nassau.

Since, oddly, you are only the 4th person I've found here from the tristate area....where are you? Just a general area.

Although wine.woot had a few wine meetups in the area. I asked one guy where he lived, because the picture looked like a Queens backyard. It was.

None back here on regular woot, or kid or shirt.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
LittleMissRachel wrote:Ouch ouch ouch.



SECONDED!!! I hope everything is ok, poof!

Social Security meeting is canceled, ended up doing it over the phone in a matter of 20 mins. Funny, when we made the appointment we had to bring all three kids to prove we had three and they wanted to talk to each of them. Also the reason the appointment is canceled is because they only booked a 30 min block to see us and that wasn't enough time to do three applications (the kids). Hmmm, but the call wasn't more than 20 mins....

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:SECONDED!!! I hope everything is ok, poof!

Social Security meeting is canceled, ended up doing it over the phone in a matter of 20 mins. Funny, when we made the appointment we had to bring all three kids to prove we had three and they wanted to talk to each of them. Also the reason the appointment is canceled is because they only booked a 30 min block to see us and that wasn't enough time to do three applications (the kids). Hmmm, but the call wasn't more than 20 mins....



How do they talk to the baby?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:How do they talk to the baby?



I was waiting to see that, but we had to have all the kids with us and that meant pulling Ver1 out of school. Except they called at 8:30 and we did it over the phone and she didn't talk to anyone, except me.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
no1 wrote:of course not. pooflady just loves making up hypotheticals! plus she doesn't make misteaks.



I could go for a misteak. Throw a little melted jack and mushrooms and onions on there, pair it with a baked potato, and no one will know or care that it's not perfect.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Did you get such a letter?



I did. Have to call our tax guy tonight. The IRS is claiming we didn't include either of our SS earnings. From the best I can tell, tax guy included husband's but not mine. So kind of a tax guy mistake and an IRS mistake. Hope it's easily fixable.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I did. Have to call our tax guy tonight. The IRS is claiming we didn't include either of our SS earnings. From the best I can tell, tax guy included husband's but not mine. So kind of a tax guy mistake and an IRS mistake. Hope it's easily fixable.



can't you just file an amended return? i can't imagine the interest would amount to that much yet...

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
pooflady wrote:I did. Have to call our tax guy tonight. The IRS is claiming we didn't include either of our SS earnings. From the best I can tell, tax guy included husband's but not mine. So kind of a tax guy mistake and an IRS mistake. Hope it's easily fixable.



They generally are. Especially if you had a tax guy and they screwed up. They tend to have policies in place for covering you if they make an error.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:can't you just file an amended return? i can't imagine the interest would amount to that much yet...



This is 2009. Can you file an amended return for the previous year?

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:This is 2009. Can you file an amended return for the previous year?



"Generally, you must file Form 1040X within three years from the date you filed your original return or within two years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later."

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=108657,00.html

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I'm not sure whether to thank AZ or D'name for the use of Yammer, but whoever, it's appreciated.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:What's the worst thing you can get in the mail?

A letter from the IRS. A thick letter. A letter saying you didn't do something right a year ago and you owe more. Lots more.



This happened to us last week. Our paid tax preparer left off our 1099s. They were in the package we gave him! We had to pay over $3k for 2009. We had just paid our 2010 bill a couple of weeks ago!! Sadness at my house. I even asked the tax guy if he had errors and omissions insurance but no go. Much sympathy for the Poof family!!!!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

G'night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
LittleMissRachel wrote:They generally are. Especially if you had a tax guy and they screwed up. They tend to have policies in place for covering you if they make an error.



er.. not really. if additional tax is due, it is on you, not the CPA

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:G'night.



HA! You posted in Yammer! I got you!!!!!!!


You don't all have to leave. We use to keep 3 talk threads going. We still can.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:HA! You posted in Yammer! I got you!!!!!!!


You don't all have to leave. We use to keep 3 talk threads going. We still can.



you'd prolly have to dump mr. rusty by the side of the road first.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:you'd prolly have to dump mr. rusty by the side of the road first.



What the heck are you talking about???????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:This is 2009. Can you file an amended return for the previous year?



Yes, you can. If there is additional tax due, they may assess you underpayment penalties and will assess interest.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:What the heck are you talking about???????



seems like the time that you used to spend posting is now spent taking mr. rusty to the park. that isn't a bad thing, but you aren't around as much as you used to be.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:seems like the time that you used to spend posting is now spent taking mr. rusty to the park. that isn't a bad thing, but you aren't around as much as you used to be.



Everyone was here more then.
We spent hours and hours talking in almost real time.

EVEN YOU!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I just saw a trailer for the movie Jumping the Broom. It is set on Martha's Vineyard.
Where daughter wants to get married....if they ever get engaged.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

czardastx


quality posts: 2 Private Messages czardastx

And yet, I'm still poking my head in the door occasionally, seeing what's going on.

Hey all, hope life is treating everyone well.


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
czardastx wrote:And yet, I'm still poking my head in the door occasionally, seeing what's going on.

Hey all, hope life is treating everyone well.



Howdy, czar!! Great to see you!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Howdy, czar!! Great to see you!



O M G Gman posted!!!

See, I told you that you needed a place for people to find you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Everyone was here more then.
We spent hours and hours talking in almost real time.

EVEN YOU!



but you're the leader. when you aren't around nobody else starts conversations.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynn, rusty hurt his leg about a half hour ago, playing in the yard with his friend.

Vet is closed.


He is breathing really heavy. Does that mean he is in pain?

Is there anything I can give him?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:Lynn, rusty hurt his leg about a half hour ago, playing in the yard with his friend.

Vet is closed.


He is breathing really heavy. Does that mean he is in pain?

Is there anything I can give him?



hurt as in how....what leg....is he bearing any weight on it at all

panting can indicate pain, or just discomfort...