0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2-Hour Digital Camcorder
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

Roommate has 2 of them... loves them. Highly recommended!

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

VIDEOSENSATIONS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VIDEOSENSATIONS

Creative has it for 50 closeout 4x year it has a wider lens than flip

bnlfanmatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bnlfanmatt

Amazon has it as 3.5* on 459 reviews. The most common complaint is that it doesn't work well for some users, the USB arm doesn't fit correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/Flip-MinoHD-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B002R5AM7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299218448&sr=8-1

northwoods99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northwoods99

144.95 new at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Flip-UltraHD-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B0023B14TK

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55

I bought 3 of these last woot and 2 out of 3 were defective. The batteries wouldn't charge from the go, or they died 2 months after I bought them. Flip had all kinds of ways to boot them up. I finally got so fed up, woot took one back. These are Flip's bad batch to sell.

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida

Can you zoom WHILE you are recording? I can't with my current camera and would like to upgrade.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

I bet 100% of the people reading this woot have a video camera in their cell phone and don't really "need" this product

dirtydave0221

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dirtydave0221

I've been told that these video camera's USB ports are the exact right height for connecting to a MacBook Pro with the camcorder on the same table. I do not have experience with this, but I've heard this from many people.

WHAT????I lost my signature, oh well.

gregorylkelly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gregorylkelly

http://www.theflip.com/en-us/Products/mino.aspx

Product Website for more details.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/flip-minohd-2010-2/4014-6500_7-34182131.html

Cnet site and review. Listed for $186-$199.

whatsamattaU

sterlicious

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sterlicious

In for one. My wife's been on my case about buying one of these before our first kid is born on or before April 11. This was perfect timing, Woot. The thing better work!

kne818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kne818

does anyone know if it says "refurbished" anywhere on the actual product??

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi

Shinespark

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Shinespark

I assume this version does not have the EIS.

Also, that huge batch of bad ones is well documented, be careful. Most of said bad ones won't charge or ship dead. It's clearly a battery or contact problem.

Thirdly, it will charge through a computer, but many generic USB chargers will do nothing for this, as they prefer you buy the Flip branded ones. It wants a very specific amperage going through it before it will charge (1.5A/2A chargers used for many devices do not seem to work).

mmbnmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmbnmaster
phacopida wrote:Can you zoom WHILE you are recording? I can't with my current camera and would like to upgrade.

Yes you can, or at least you can with the original Flip.

belowi

Shinespark

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Shinespark
phacopida wrote:Can you zoom WHILE you are recording? I can't with my current camera and would like to upgrade.

Well, sure, but you can always crop the frame later and get the same effect, and at least that way you don't have to throw away the pixels if you don't want to.

Dustin1047

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dustin1047

Have one. Love it! Great size, fits in my pocket easily. Smaller than my iPhone. No USB issues. Works with my Mac and my wife's PC. I paid $150 at Best Buy a few months ago for the same thing. Ugh!

-DRE

belowi

Reviews say that yes you can zoom during recording on this model.

rdctali

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rdctali

I bought a refurbished Sony a couple of days ago after seeing a deal on another website:

Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 Camcorder Refurbished $55, Feb 21

Sony Store has Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 Camcorder Refurbished for $127 - $78 off with coupon code "OUTLETPM5W" + $5 shipping = $55. [review]

The Sony can do 1080p at 30 fps, or 720p at 60 fps with zoom. Seems to be a better deal than this one.

Woot, you can do better.

rdctali

kne818 wrote:does anyone know if it says "refurbished" anywhere on the actual product??

Please don't sent it as a gift to other folks. Many people hate receiving refurbished gift.

rdctali

yeawuteva wrote:I bet 100% of the people reading this woot have a video camera in their cell phone and don't really "need" this product

If your cell phone offers you HD video, sure you don't need this product. Most cell phones don't though.
Well, this one only gives you 720p and only at 30 fps. I would consider it a crap.

ampmail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ampmail

FYI- I bought one at a garage sale and fully charged, it wouldn't film for more than 10 min, then 5, 3, 1, 30 seconds.

It was out of warranty and the company said they would look at it for $79 and if it couldn't be fixed would give me a credit toward buying another. I passed and started googling.

A FABULOUS human being posted a video on youtube, showing the reset button inside the hole where the stand screws in. One large paperclip, held for 10-15 seconds, 3 times in a row, FIXED IT.

Love mine too. Goes everywhere. Takes lousy action shots of my turtles, they dive too fast. Otherwise, love it.

Refurbished my %^&, they hit the reset button.

andrelook

quality posts: 6 Private Messages andrelook
bnlfanmatt wrote:Amazon has it as 3.5* on 459 reviews. The most common complaint is that it doesn't work well for some users, the USB arm doesn't fit correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/Flip-MinoHD-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B002R5AM7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299218448&sr=8-1

I appreciate the complaint. But there's no reason that a shortie USB extension cord of 8" (about) would not solve this and even make the unit easier to use no matter if it plugs in easily or not.

I figure 'everything' in our world that's so full of stuff genuinely needs some adjustment, modification, or 'hacking'.

As a scientist working with consumer technology, daily, it's a 'bad thing' that companies don't regularly help consumers to adapt their purchase(s) to personal needs. If we have to wait for, or until, products are made adaptable (using nanotechnology for example) it will be years and so much money, time and frustration. We really need people to write and speak up 'against' products that are not perfectly designed so that companies will make products adaptable to personal needs.

Please .. write to your suppliers and complain. And don't buy so much if you're just trying to compensate for other unhappiness. Back off, write a letter, and improve the world for everyone! Seriously. : )

editorgirrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages editorgirrrl
dirtydave0221 wrote:I've been told that these video camera's USB ports are the exact right height for connecting to a MacBook Pro with the camcorder on the same table. I do not have experience with this, but I've heard this from many people.

I've had another Flip HD and it's worked very well with my MacBook Pro. . .but never thought about the height. I can vouch for the fact that they play nicely with each other, though.

goodfella777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodfella777
rdctali wrote:I bought a refurbished Sony a couple of days ago after seeing a deal on another website:

Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 Camcorder Refurbished $55, Feb 21

Sony Store has Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 Camcorder Refurbished for $127 - $78 off with coupon code "OUTLETPM5W" + $5 shipping = $55. [review]

The Sony can do 1080p at 30 fps, or 720p at 60 fps with zoom. Seems to be a better deal than this one.

Woot, you can do better.

That code doesn't work

kahawken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahawken
andrelook wrote:I appreciate the complaint. But there's no reason that a shortie USB extension cord of 8" (about) would not solve this and even make the unit easier to use no matter if it plugs in easily or not.

I figure 'everything' in our world that's so full of stuff genuinely needs some adjustment, modification, or 'hacking'.

As a scientist working with consumer technology, daily, it's a 'bad thing' that companies don't regularly help consumers to adapt their purchase(s) to personal needs. If we have to wait for, or until, products are made adaptable (using nanotechnology for example) it will be years and so much money, time and frustration. We really need people to write and speak up 'against' products that are not perfectly designed so that companies will make products adaptable to personal needs.

Please .. write to your suppliers and complain. And don't buy so much if you're just trying to compensate for other unhappiness. Back off, write a letter, and improve the world for everyone! Seriously. : )

I have older Flip and it's worked great. Model U1120W - Flip Ultra (2nd Generation).Only negative is low lighting. That is probably issue with older models. The USB is NOT an issue and can easily be used with USB extension cable. Flip sells for $$$ but you can get online for reasonable price. This is a good deal. Good video, easy to use....if you trash it it's not that much of a loss. Get a good smallcamera case to protect it. Mine's a Lowepro, fits good and snug.

jiahn603

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jiahn603

Does anyone have experience with this in cold weather? i.e. 20 degrees and below. I really am in the market for a video device to go snowboarding with. just wondering how bad does the battery suffer in the cold?

PiroFyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PiroFyre

I bought one of these for $35 on Craigslist and it works wonders. God could only tell what you're going to record for 2 hours because I have the 4GB one and it's more than enough for what I need.

Of course, it's not as good as the high priced, high quality cameras out there. For what it is, it works great. Sure, the mic sucks and there isn't any kind of options to adjust the lens but for the money, it's worth having. And the battery life on these are amazing. It last longer than 1 hour, which is good for me because that's as much as I can record.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Not quite feeling this ... a new Samsung HMX-E10 that would do 1080P can be had for $70 right now. Memory not included, of course, but you're not locked into only 8GB either.

MichellePede

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MichellePede

I have one & LOVE it, with one small exception. There is no cover for the lens when you're not using it so it's pretty easy for it to get scratched up. But the HD images are SO clear & the audio is great!

whatsamattaU

skyline1241 wrote:Such a very amazing link!

I know, stunningly original, no? I could copy over the previous useful links from that previous woot, but then I get criticized for stealing other people's work, even when you give them the credit. I gave up and just decided to simply link up the previous woot's comments, so that anyone can look up the wisdom of past comments. I figure it's not hard and it's useful, but when I'm not up at this hour and look up a woot later, too often no-one's put up the link to the previous woot. Oh well.

George Santayana: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Santayana

edit: and for what it's worth, more good comments from the October woot:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4184544

cchrone

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cchrone

Yes you can.

cchrone

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cchrone
jiahn603 wrote:Does anyone have experience with this in cold weather? i.e. 20 degrees and below. I really am in the market for a video device to go snowboarding with. just wondering how bad does the battery suffer in the cold?

I was outside taping a concert with mine for about 3 hours in 17 degree weather with it snowing. No problems for me.

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan
rdctali wrote:Please don't sent it as a gift to other folks. Many people hate receiving refurbished gift.

LOL - Please?

Wow,

Many people? What kind of person do you mean? You perhaps?

It's a Gift for god's sakes. You Hate Gifts? I wonder what kind of person would concider giving a gift to some one so picky?

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed
rdctali wrote:Please don't sent it as a gift to other folks. Many people hate receiving refurbished gift.

I hate people who perceive gifts as a business transaction. They should be happy that someone thinks enough about them to use their time and resources to give them anything. People who hate 'refurbished' gifts shouldn't be given anything.