Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

If you haven't already heard, there's a new Zodiac symbol to stir up the astrological world. Ophiuchus, also known as Serpentarius the Serpent Holder, is now the 13th sign of the Zodiac. In fact, it's been there unregarded for centuries, but now that Earth's alignment has changed a bit, some astrologers are now saying that a new system should be used to account for all births going back as far as 2009, and that for the rest of us, the sign we were born under doesn't change, so no need to get that tattoo changed.

To add to people's confusion, it's not clear who this 13th symbol represents: might be Adam, might be the healer Asclepius, the Trojan priest Laocoön (who tried to warn the Trojans against accepting the Trojan horse).

Well, if there's one thing the Internet is good for is adding to people's already growing confusion, so let's fuel that fire a bit by adding a few more symbols to clutter up the charts.

Create a new zodiac sign

For instance, to balance off Virgo, the only woman in the group, we might adopt ...

If it's really good, some Googleer may see it and propagate the rumor that a new 14th sign is being brought in.

Standard DodgeBall rules applies. May the Force be with you.

Signature censored by Woot

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

pute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pute
Xexus wrote:for the rest of us, the sign we were born under doesn't change

I copied this out of a "new sign and dates" article when I first read it; I've never been much for the whole astrology thing, but my sign does supposedly change from Leo to Cancer! And my Mom and sister are Ophiuchus

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

Xexus

majit wrote:McD's

Woot and FaceBook ... I've got both those open right now, and we drove through McD's only yesterday. I think you found my real sign.

majit

Xexus wrote:Woot and FaceBook ... I've got both those open right now, and we drove through McD's only yesterday. I think you found my real sign.

Yes, it seems as if a lot of folks were born under the influence of that particular sign.

websorcerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages websorcerer

pute

If the new signs and dates were ever adopted, I would become a Cancer; no offense to the crabs, but cancer would not be my choice. So, keep the new sign, that's OK, but make me - a Geexus!

Xexus

Hump Day!

majit

Xexus wrote:Hump Day!

Speaking of Hump Day, there are a lot of good entries in this Dodgeball.

websorcerer

websorcerer

Xexus

It's voting day. While I'm home cursing Ubuntu, probably unfairly, for having to reinstall my web server ... ok, let's face it, it's probably user error coupled with bad memory about how I got it running in the first place. One thing I've learned is that you can't assume that files in the .tmp directory can just be stripped out without upsetting Ubuntu. Sort of like when I wash a glass that's been on the counter for three hours, only to have my wife come in and wonder where it's gone. "Be happy I'm washing dishes" is my thought. I'm the cook in the family, and do wash my cooking gear ... usually, if she doesn't get to it first ... after a few hours ... sometimes. where was I?

Anyway, it's voting day, and I anticipate a close race.

websorcerer

pute

majit

My horoscope said I would vote today and I did.