WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We spent the weekend roaming the halls of the Washington State Convention Center taking in the sights, sounds, and - unfortunately - smells of the Emerald City Comicon. We'll be sprinkling in our coverage throughout the week but let's be honest: you came for the nerds in costumes. Without further adieu, our favorite costumes of Emerald City Comicon:

ULTIMATE CAPTAIN AMERICA 

Old School Captain America

Call us bandwagon jumpers, but we're fans of the slightly-more-realistic-whatever-that-means-in-the-context-of-comics look of Ultimate Cap. The mask, the boots, the shield, the darker blue, it all just works. And it looks slightly less ridiculous than the Kirby version posing alongside the Witch King. 

Captain America and passerby

GOLDSTAR, BOOSTER GOLD, AND BLUE BEETLE  

Goldstar, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle

We'll forgive Blue Beetle's "I sharpied a spandex bodysuit" paint job for the sake of the great costumes her teammates are representing. Justice League represent.

THE LONELIEST RED SKULL EVER 

Red Skull

He may be a Nazi, a war criminal, and one of the most sinister criminal masterminds to ever blemish the globe with his machinations, but after seeing him in this light we feel like the guy just needs a hug.

COMPLETELY BAKED KICK-ASS 

Kick-Ass

It's gotta be tough fighting crime when your mouth is so dry and your eyes are too red to strike fear into any evildoer's hearts. But man, if any Funyuns break the law he's going to whip out that Justin Timberlake poster and things are going to get SERIOUS.

GOLDEN AGE GREEN LANTERN 

Golden Age Green Lantern

Spandex be damned! The golden age guys knew how to do a costume.

PASTEL JOKER AND HARLEY QUINN 

The Joker & Harley Quinn

We like this direction: let the chaotic, murderous rampages do all the talking and go with a more subdued shade of purple.

POWER GIRL AND SILK SPECTRE II 

Power Girl

Catching criminals must be pretty easy when they stop in their tracks and stare at you like a deer in the headlights.

PREDATOR 

Predator

Is there ANYTHING duct tape won't do?

THE COMEDIAN 

Comedian

He told us to call him Pagliacci.

WEIRD FUTURISTIC SOLDIERS WE COULDN'T IDENTIFY 

Soldiers

No one else could place these guys, either, but their costumes were legit.

NOW ON STAGE 3, MAKE SOME NOISE FOR WHITE QUEEN 

White Queen

Even X-Men have daddy issues forcing them to make horrible decisions. And come on, those are just UNDERWEAR. How's that a costume?

HELLBOY 

Hellboy

Maybe it's the slight beer gut or the relaxed pose, but we can't help but think this guy's ripping off our Hellboy/Al Bundy crossover special.

CHUN LI 

Chun Li

Hadouken you doin'?

VENOM AND ANTIVENOM 

Venom and Antivenom

When you enter the world of cosplay, the trick is to pick a real classic character, someone timeless who's instantly recognizable. "Venom after he fell into a vat of White-Out" probably fits that bill.

THE SILVER SURFBRO 

Silver Surfer

The other side of his surfboard is actually a Coors Light ad.

THE PUNISHER AND BUSINESS CASUAL TONY STARK 

Tony Stark and Punisher

Come on, Tony. A wife beater and a sticky light on your hand? Give us light-up chest repulsor at least.

HUGE SPACE-TAKING BLACK ANGEL WING GUY 

Black Wings Guy

You might think it's an inconsiderately-large costume to wear in an extremely crowded venue, but this guy had the best idea: working wings that sweep away all sweaty geeks.

THE REQUISITE JEDI 

Jedi

What con would be complete without them?

THE FURRIES 

Furries at Lunch

It's not that they wore those things to the con, it's more about what we're worried they did in them before they got here.

THE KLINGONS

Klingons

You can literally SMELL the honor wafting off these guys.

THE ALIEN 

Alien

Finally! A 100% accurate costume indistinguishable from the actual character it's based on!

TROLLFACE 

Trollface

We don't know who this guy is, but we couldn't help but think he was going to be a problem.

WONDER WOAH, MAN 

Wonder Woman

By far the hottest woman at the con.

ninestories

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ninestories

This cracked me up. Fantastic coverage, Mr. Cleveland!

"HUGE SPACE-TAKING BLACK ANGEL WING GUY" FTW.

Vuisyou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vuisyou

You guys didn't upload Deadpool!????? He looked straight out of a movie! I'll try to post a pic later in case you missed him.

Kurosaki

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kurosaki
Vuisyou wrote:You guys didn't upload Deadpool!????? He looked straight out of a movie! I'll try to post a pic later in case you missed him.

the two futuristic soldiers are Helghast army from Killzone

Hatsune Miku is my Idol

Vuisyou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vuisyou

Soooo Gangster!

almightytora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almightytora

That furries comment was quite low... even low for you, Woot.

woodysweats

quality posts: 1 Private Messages woodysweats

I REALLY REALLY hope the baby in the stroller wasn't with Power Girl or Silk Spectre II... that would make me really sad...

and it's hilarious that the picture of the silver surfer is blurred by the light reflecting off of him (or at least that's what i'm going to believe)...

archusky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archusky

I am a furry. I also have a fursuit. I don't, never have, and never will have sex in it. Get the warp over it; stop stereotyping. I can't speak for other people, but don't assume it...it's the minority.

Hope you feel SUPER awesome about yourself for looking like a Vogonity bag.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
woodysweats wrote:I REALLY REALLY hope the baby in the stroller wasn't with Power Girl or Silk Spectre II... that would make me really sad...

Looks like the stroller baby belongs to the White Venom guy thing. Not sure if that's better or worse.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
archusky wrote:I am a furry. I also have a fursuit. I don't, never have, and never will have sex in it.

Then how can you call yourself a furry?

jeroddunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeroddunn

Wonder Man... disturbing, but mostly because he is so convincing! Haha. Awesome.

almightytora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almightytora
llandar wrote:Then how can you call yourself a furry?

You guys need to get educated about what a furry is. They're not all sexual deviants like you two Woot staffers think they are.

Why don't you guys read this and download the brochure. It might enlighten you and remove the stereotype that CSI, MTV, ER, etc has instilled in your brains.

Explanation:
http://www.anthrocon.org/about-furry

Brochure:
http://www.anthrocon.org/files/anthrocon/WIF-brochure2010%20v3.pdf

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
almightytora wrote:You guys need to get educated about what a furry is.

No. No we don't at all.

McGurk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages McGurk
archusky wrote:I am a furry...

Worst.

Furry.

Ever.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
archusky wrote:I am a furry. I also have a fursuit. I don't, never have, and never will have sex in it. Get the warp over it; stop stereotyping. I can't speak for other people, but don't assume it...it's the minority.

Hope you feel SUPER awesome about yourself for looking like a Vogonity bag.

... says the person who created an alternate account just so they could defend furries....

bravo6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bravo6

hahaha, good stuff!!

magicfen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicfen

Hellboy/Bundy was even scarier as he walked the streets of Seattle smokin' a butt.

3 random craps, compaq presario desktop, 3 GB Nano, 3 screaming monkeys, photo paper, sandisk memory stick, sansa E250 MP3 player, photo paper, ipod nano, helicopters, wallet, vivicam 5MB camera

cowboyweasel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowboyweasel

After seeing the pictures the following comment makes much more sense:

WootLive: We wish we could've captured the mix of emotions on that guy's face when he realized mid-picture that the hot Wonder Woman is a dude.

THAT pic would have cost several people monitors (or keyboards or whatever electronic device was in front of them) after they did a spit take.

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099

"Hadouken you doin'?"
hahahaha! That made me lol. The guy on the other side of my cubicle just kind of peered over the partition and raised his eyebrows at me. You guys are hilarious, love these right-ups

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Ah. Thank you Woot for the cheap jab at Furries. Because, you know, nobody likes us, right?

The fact is, those fursuits? FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE. You are NOT going to do something potentially messy in them, no matter what CSI thinks.

If you want to ruin something that costs as much as a decent used car, then you had better keep your hands off my Fabrage egg collection.

Meow

Go Squarryls!