IronDave

quality posts: 3 Private Messages IronDave

Mine is 3.8lbs and is said to be at the local post office! Could arrive as early as today. This is my first Big o' Cosmos, it's terribly exciting. The big water bottle sounds nice. Maybe this year I'll remember to check in on 1 April and see what's what.

Iron Dave

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
rperich69 wrote:To Quote the commandment:
Thou shalt not whine and complain when some people’s crap turns out to be nicer than yours.

A lot of folks are complaining that the crap is not special enough or the crap is the same as everyone else's crap. Sorry, folks, but crap is crap.

I did a quick look at some of the items you are receiving (and I will be receiving any day now) and find the value of these items is great! Crap or not, you got quite the good deal!

I'm really excited about getting my first Big Orphaned Cetacea that I guess I'm not going to disappointed no matter what's in the Big o' Cosmos.

Crap is Crap. At least it's my crap.

Amen!

You jockey for your Big o' Cosmos, you fight for your Big o' Cosmos, you run over everything in your path for your Big o' Cosmos, then you complain that it's crap? To paraphrase a former fast food chain commercial, "Crap is crap".

I had a little time to browse the chatter in earlier days of the forum and, you know what, Woot has ALWAYS shipped pretty much the same generic crap to everyone. There's always a lucky one or two who get the pallet of crap or some fabulous, big thing, but most receive crap. It has always been thus.

Really, if you're going to complain about your crap, don't buy it! Leave a bag for me, I'll be happy to take whatever pittance Woot chooses to send me. And, who knows, maybe next time I'll be the lucky one to get an iPhone (Christmas Crap 2010) or a pallet full of small appliances or a big screen TV or an anvil.

OK, stepping off my soapbox now I didn't get one this time. Maybe I'm just bitter.

Helenr1966

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Helenr1966

ooo I am hoping to NOT get the 180 earmuffs-- I bought 2 pair from Woot last fall!!

Mine's 3.1 lbs and 10" cube; sched to arrive on the 24th.

PS- My last and previously only other Big o' Cosmos before now was 11/17/06, and even back then, there were a lot of the same items in everyone's.

john398

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398

I got the Aqua globes,strawberry shopping bags, steel thermos, ear buds and Humvee Military Sunglasses

gojirast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gojirast

3-pack mini Aquaglobes
Fingerless Outdoor Gloves
behind the head earwarmers
Strawberry bag-thing.

Not bad. The gloves, in particular are nicer than my current cycling gloves.

mrobey614

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrobey614

I am expecting my Big Orphaned Cetacea today. My wife went to work this morning and calls me right after she left. She asked when the Big o' Cosmos is supposed to arrive. I tell her today. She then says you might want to look out the window. So, I look out and there is a truck stacked with pallets parked in front of my house. I thought wait, wouldn't they have called or something?? My tracking only said it was 3.5lbs. but could it be!!! Maybe the pallet got here before the letter!!! I was getting my shoes on to go ask the driver what was going on and then he pulled away... He went to the house 2 houses down the street that had sold and is apparently getting moved into today. Just cruel!!!

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
gojirast wrote:

3-pack mini Aquaglobes
Fingerless Outdoor Gloves
behind the head earwarmers
Strawberry bag-thing.

Not bad. The gloves, in particular are nicer than my current cycling gloves.

EDIT: I guess that's a bit large. All you're really missing is the strawberry.

I fixed the size for you. To do this, change your tag to [img="400x300"][/img]

PTOPedro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PTOPedro

5.6 lbs and near by! :D

gojirast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gojirast
bdecker202 wrote:I fixed the size for you. To do this, change your tag to [img="400x300"][/img]

Ah, many thanks. I've forgotten more markup than I know ;)

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

My Borderline Obsessed Collation arrived a day earlier than forecast, and NONE of it was broken. It weighed 5.7 lbs, most of which was the mug.
(1) Stainless Steel Thermos Mug (directions on bottom: Do Not Microwave)
(1) Electroman Multi-outlet with horrified face- to be decorated with markers, I think.
(3) Aqua Globes, Mini
(1) Strawberry Bag, for use by a 5-year-old girl, and
(1) K'nex Elmo Cowboy Adventure Building set- going to charity.
Thanks, Woot!

JENN1098

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JENN1098

My 3.9lb bundle of crappy joy has made its arrival and is currently being shuttled off my doorstep and into a safe place in my house thanks to my not-so-crappy neighbor. I cannot wait to get home from work to see what sort of craptastic crap Woot has bestowed upon me!

And, for those of you who are tracking your crap on Fedex, and see that it has been passed on to USPS, you can then take your FedEx tracking number to the USPS.com site and track the crappiness of your crap all the way to your door!

drew4237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drew4237
squirrrl wrote:Got mine today!

Behind the head ear muffs
aqua globes for small plants
fingerless hiking gloves (In Large so they totally fit!!!!)
strawberry bag

2.2lb box that was way too big for what was inside it

The great thing is that I can definitely use everything thing that is in this box

THANKS WOOT!

I got exactly the same thing, but mine was a 2.1lb box so I got a pair of medium gloves. At least I know someone who can benefit from most of the stuff I got. My box was also just way to big for what was inside, most likely trying to throw us off a little.

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
peschneider wrote:Got mine today:

(1) Electroman Multi-outlet
(1) Thomas the Tank Percy and the Engine Wash Car
(3) Aqua Globes
(1) Strawberry Bag
(1) K'nex Elmo Cowboy Adventure Building set

I am definitely going to use the multi-outlet, and probably going to donate the kid's toys to someone who needs them

Thanks woot!

My crap exactly! Not bad. Thanks Woot!
*Edit - I expected the filter to change "crap". Must be getting tired. *

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

queendivad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queendivad

Mine is out for delivery.....Oh the waiting! Ugh!

lawilki1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawilki1

My Big Orphaned Cetacea Contents:

1 Strawberry Totebag
1 TUG Backpack
1 WowWee RC DragonFly
misc parts to a Roboni-i Programmable Gaming Robot

Overall a pretty good haul. Thanks Woot!

And guessing by the description this is the 61st Big o' Cosmos in Woot! History. I wish I would of gotten on this train sooner.

craiger99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craiger99

I can see mine is an 11" cube at 4.9 lbs
Hopefully something a little extra for the weight. My daughter would love the Elmo thing.

Velocity Micro Cruz Android Tablet 7" 11/16/11 Big ol' Cornucopia 11/9/11 Green Buckyballs 3/17/11 Bag O' Crap 3/9/11 Tyke Light RoomMate 4/29/10 Razer Pro Click Mobile 3/17/10 Blue Flix Digital Camcorder 11/30/09 Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player 11/19/09 Screaming Mini Monkey Keychain 7/22/09 Random Crap 3/27/09 4GB Jimmie Johnson NASCAR Flash Drive 3/26/09 Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor 8/8/08 Sandisk 1GB Media Player 6/19/08

rperich69

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rperich69
zzzzz78759 wrote:Amen!

You jockey for your Big o' Cosmos, you fight for your Big o' Cosmos, you run over everything in your path for your Big o' Cosmos, then you complain that it's crap? To paraphrase a former fast food chain commercial, "Crap is crap".

I had a little time to browse the chatter in earlier days of the forum and, you know what, Woot has ALWAYS shipped pretty much the same generic crap to everyone. There's always a lucky one or two who get the pallet of crap or some fabulous, big thing, but most receive crap. It has always been thus.

Really, if you're going to complain about your crap, don't buy it! Leave a bag for me, I'll be happy to take whatever pittance Woot chooses to send me. And, who knows, maybe next time I'll be the lucky one to get an iPhone (Christmas Crap 2010) or a pallet full of small appliances or a big screen TV or an anvil.

OK, stepping off my soapbox now I didn't get one this time. Maybe I'm just bitter.

Wishing you luck on your next chance! Just not enough luck that I am prohibited from receiving crap, too!

GBrunner321

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GBrunner321

Mine arrived a day early! It was logged as 4.9 lbs on fedex. I received:

2 strawberry tote bags
1 metal water bottle with blue top
1 Sylvan wireless headphones
1 unbranded earbuds
1 box of 3 mini aqua globes
1 pair XL Harbinger Trudge fingerless gloves
1 behind the head earmuffs (black)

for some reason, i can't get the picture i took to show :-( sorry guys.

Thanks Woot!!!

Phoenix2099

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phoenix2099
emitstop wrote:You need to go to
https://www.fedex.com/myfedex/go/home

And in the top right there is a button that says "Try the new My Fedex" or something to that effect. Then you get a new little interface that you can add shipments to.

When you open them up from there it will list more info.

I tried this out, using the "Create a user ID only", but still can only see the weight, and not the dimensions. Is there another way to register?

froggoddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froggoddess

I just received and opened my Big o' Cosmos!
Spoilers below...

Spoilers!
It contained a 3-pack of Aqua Globes, a Nishika 35mm 3D camera, a Woot.com calendar, and two strawberry-shaped shopping bags :D

This was awesome for my first Woot item! It was like Christmas!

novusangelus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages novusangelus

Can't wait, my roomie said my Big o' Cosmos came in today!!!

Bundles of Clones Badges (9): 7/12/08, 11/19/09, 4/1/10, 9/22/10, 3/9/11, 4/1/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 3/22/12

rakeyrawr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rakeyrawr

Even though my Big o' Cosmos wasn't expected until Thursday, it arrived today!

It was 3.9 lbs and contained:
1 Strawberry bag
1 Set of 3 mini Aqua Globes
1 Nishika 3D Camera
1 Shirt.Woot Calender

Joffroi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joffroi
Jessara wrote:My Borderline Obsessed Collation arrived a day earlier than forecast, and NONE of it was broken. It weighed 5.7 lbs, most of which was the mug.
(1) Stainless Steel Thermos Mug (directions on bottom: Do Not Microwave)
(1) Electroman Multi-outlet with horrified face- to be decorated with markers, I think.
(3) Aqua Globes, Mini
(1) Strawberry Bag, for use by a 5-year-old girl, and
(1) K'nex Elmo Cowboy Adventure Building set- going to charity.
Thanks, Woot!

Got the same thing

PapaPerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PapaPerry

Just got mine

1 strawberry tote bags
1 metal water bottle with blue top
1 unbranded earbuds
1 box of 3 mini aqua globes
1 Screaming Monkey with fire cape

1st Bag of Coal 3/9/11
2nd Bag of Coal 5/11/11
3rd Bag of Coal 12/6/11

Jubercat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jubercat

It looks like a lot of us got the:
(1) Strawberry bag and the
(2) Aqua Globes

I also received:

(3) Tabletop Tripod for a camera or small camcorder
(4) Earmuffs
(5) Talk & Train 2-Way Wireless Pet Communication System. At first I thought it was one of those decoders that tells your what your dog's bark means! No such luck, but it is a walkie-talkie that you attach to your dog's collar so that you can call him in from inside the house, or if he's lost and someone finds him they can push the collar button to call you. You can also listen in on him to see what he's up to. Pretty neat, except it's for 30LB dogs and larger--mine is about 23lb.

Jubercat

fireballtp

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fireballtp

I Managed to score

Aqua Globes
Strawberry Bag
Mini Tripod
Ear Muffs

And I took this crappy pic with my GFM DV150 Digital Movie Camera.

I very Crappy Haul Indeed. My daughter celebrated with me by supplying her own crap.

WOOHOO!

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674
fireballtp wrote:

I Managed to score

Aqua Globes
Strawberry Bag
Mini Tripod
Baby
Ear Muffs

And I took this crappy pic with my GFM DV150 Digital Movie Camera.

I very Crappy Haul Indeed. My daughter celebrated with me by supplying her own crap.

WOOHOO!

Isn't it unethical of Woot! to ship a a cute baby like that?

susqhb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susqhb

Worst. Big Orphaned Cetacea. Ever!

A PGA backpack thing

Strawberry grocery bag (looks like that was in everyone's)

A microphone (which would be useful if I had anything to do with it)

An AC adapter with nothing to plug in...(sketchy...)

And what seems to be a gaming handset with no game console included, and it looks like they found it in a box in the warehouse from 1987.

jldornse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jldornse
susqhb wrote:Worst. Big Orphaned Cetacea. Ever!

A PGA backpack thing

And what seems to be a gaming handset with no game console included, and it looks like they found it in a box in the warehouse from 1987.

Don't say that! I would be happy with that crap indeed! Plus, did you look inside the PGA bag? I seem to remember others having something inside them. But I could be wrong. Plus, the gaming handset could be a piece of modern art...placed in a shadow box and stuff.

johninc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johninc

Woot Calendar
Flowering Teas
Mini Globe 3-Pack
Colgate Wisp 8-Pack

No bag.

fireballtp

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fireballtp
sgoman5674 wrote:Isn't it unethical of Woot! to ship a a cute baby like that?

Nope its the crap that keeps on giving!

kool2hot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kool2hot

My "Big Orphaned Cetacea" arrived 2 Days early weighing in 4.5lbs, this is what was waiting for me inside.

1 Box of 3 Aqua Globes
1 Ear Warmer
2 Woot! Calendars
2 Strawberry Tote Bags

Better than a heap of crap on my front door, thank you Woot! ;-)

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674
johninc wrote:

Woot Calendar
Flowering Teas
Mini Globe 3-Pack
Colgate Wisp 8-Pack

No bag.

Dude resize your pic

johninc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johninc
sgoman5674 wrote:Dude resize your pic

I did, but for some reason Woot is hanging on to the original. Thanks for posting that.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

johninc wrote:I did, but for some reason Woot is hanging on to the original. Thanks for posting that.

Yeah, if you resize and upload with the same name, you won't see the change. You'll need to upload it with a different name and put the new name in your post.

You can also resize on the fly as mentioned above with [ img = height x width ] just be sure to do the math to keep it proportional.

Or [ img = n% x n% ] to reduce by a percentage. I find that [ img = 90%x90% ] works pretty well for most large photos.

Remove the spaces in all those examples of course.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
susqhb wrote:Worst. Big Orphaned Cetacea. Ever!

A PGA backpack thing

It's a gamble. You shouldn't feel entitled.

bearden383

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearden383

I got it!!
1 Leather GPS Case
1 3-Pack Mini Aqua Globes
1 3D Music Video
1 Mini Tripod
1 Wrap-Around Ear Muffs
1 Jack in the box
1 reusable shopping bag

freelance

quality posts: 15 Private Messages freelance
bearden383 wrote:I got it!!
1 Leather GPS Case
1 3-Pack Mini Aqua Globes
1 3D Music Video
1 Mini Tripod
1 Wrap-Around Ear Muffs
1 Jack in the box
1 reusable shopping bag

Your seems to be the one w/ most variety. How much did it say it weigh?

Mine arrives today trying to gauge the 1 pound thing.

No one got a letter either yet? maybe none to be had this time around?

**** Woot!
***Woot!

bearden383

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearden383
freelance wrote:Your seems to be the one w/ most variety. How much did it say it weigh?

Mine arrives today trying to gauge the 1 pound thing.

No one got a letter either yet? maybe none to be had this time around?

3.5 lbs

nbirnbaum2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbirnbaum2

I got

harbinger trudge gloves
hot wheels Nascar Indy 500 roll up raceway w/free indy car <------
180s ear muffs
small strawberry bad
3 pack water globes

I was kinda hoping for the thermos, i actually could use that lol, maintaince guy at work will love the gloves

nathan birnbaum