gotons

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gotons

1 x Stainless Steel water container (top won't screw on and falls off)

1 x 2011 Woot Calendar

1 x Box of Aqua Globes

2.2lbs.

WHEEE

rareluck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rareluck
FrostByte wrote:Fixed link

Thank you!!! Why wasn't my link any good???

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ChadleyG wrote:Here's mine!

All in all, good fun!

Just got mine, the exact same! Saves me from posting the pic.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

jparamch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jparamch
TheFaz wrote:It's never been sent in a bag with ? mark.

I had 16 at one point, down to about 8 now at home...from a woot off.

FrostByte

quality posts: 17 Private Messages FrostByte
rareluck wrote:Thank you!!! Why wasn't my link any good???

It just wasn't a link... added the code so it could be click-able instead of having to copy and paste it.

Watched your vid and we got the same Big o' Cosmos... biggest difference is it looks like it's probably warm where you are and we had a Winter Advisory up here today. That's easily more depressing than even the worst Big o' Cosmos that's been posted!

billmeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billmeek
rareluck wrote:Thank you!!! Why wasn't my link any good???

You needed to surround the link with the URL bbCode tags so is would be a click-able hyperlink rather than just text.

See the formatting guide link on the post reply page for more details.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
ChadleyG wrote:Here's mine!

All in all, good fun!

I got the exact same stuff.

Only thing I have use for is the electroman. The rest will be parted as crappy presents to people that will stop liking me.

It arrived one day AFTER the delivery date posted by the USPS on their tracker.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

thepiney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepiney

1x Aqua globes
1x 3D 35mm camera
1x Strawberry tote
1x pair of gloves
1x Calender

Woody1150

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Woody1150
FrostByte wrote:Once again, I am pleasantly surprised with my haul.

The wife's comments will be in parentheses as she was watching as I opened.

1 x Giant metal bottle (will you use that?)
1 x strawberry shopping bag - opened to give another view (I really like that!)
1 x Electro man multi-outlet
1 x Aqua Globes mini (We need to get some plants)
1 x K'nex Elmo's Cowboy Adventure Set (Only two more years and our daughter can play with it)

I rate this crap:

Synopsis:

You got pretty much the same general crap as everyone else. Out of the haul, the water bottle will probably be the only thing that does not get used. I was only going to give you 2 lights, but you get an additional light because your wife is hot.

flightsimmer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flightsimmer

My fiancée and I just received our Blue Owl Candles.... (I'm at work, so no pics for now).

Her haul:
4x Strawberry Bags
1x Pack of Aqua Globes
1x Earmuffs
1x NVIZIO Pen Refills
1x Open box remote control helicopter

My (slightly crappier) haul:
2x Strawberry Bags
1x Pack of Aqua Globes
1x Earmuffs
1x NVIZIO Pen Refills

yardleydobon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yardleydobon

How many people on average get something expensive or heavy? Is an exceptional item always preceded by a letter?

Woody1150

yardleydobon wrote:How many people on average get something expensive or heavy? Is an exceptional item always preceded by a letter?

That would really depend on the person. You know the saying, "One persons junk is another persons treasure."

So some people may think getting the strawberry bag is the best thing ever.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous
krazyballs wrote:well crap is crap. no complaining for winning CRAP

tis not a complaint holmes. go read the crap commandments. As I said, mistakes happen.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
rareluck wrote:Feel free to observe me in my splendid wootifulness!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSFia5rZC8

5.8 Lbs results

Brothers in crap my friend.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

yardleydobon

Woody1150 wrote:That would really depend on the person. You know the saying, "One persons junk is another persons treasure."

I asked two very direct and concise questions that obviously showed I was interested in unambiguous answers. I don't want your platitudes. A strawberry bag may be well-received but if it is in nearly every box it is hardly exceptional.

6502programmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6502programmer
omh1009 wrote:Brothers in crap my friend.

Is that like a whole new level past eskimo brothers?

63 woots, 11 burritos

ned4spd8874

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ned4spd8874

Got mine today. As usual, it's all crap. Boy I really wish my bag-o-crap would be something cool just once! ;o)

I got it just before leaving for work, so here's the contents according to my crappy memory:

1x Strawberry bag thingie
1x Box-o-Aqua Globes
1x Very large metal water bottle
1x Earbuds in a bag
...I thought there was one more thing but darned if I can remember what it was now.

EDIT: just remembered the other thing. It's some sort of car cigarette lighter thingie that has a USB port on it as well as the lighter connector on the side. Kinda weird looking.

Check out my movie website!!!
Check out my (crappy) website!!!

April Fool's Day 2008 Big o' Cosmos Survivor

Woody1150

yardleydobon wrote:I asked two very direct and concise questions that obviously showed I was interested in unambiguous answers. I don't want your platitudes. A strawberry bag may be well-received but if it is in nearly every box it is hardly exceptional.

Obviously you haven't been involved in previous craps or you wouldn't even have to ask the question.

a5pj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a5pj

1 strawberry
1 gloves
1 aqua globe
1 ear muff wrap

yardleydobon

Woody1150 wrote:Obviously you haven't been involved in previous craps or you wouldn't even have to ask the question.

Let me reword what you just said to show you how unbelievably Jatravartid it was: You just asked a question so therefore you obviously don't have the request experience to answer that question for yourself.

Wow! How perceptive you are.

6502programmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6502programmer
yardleydobon wrote:Let me reword what you just said to show you how unbelievably Jatravartid it was: You just asked a question so therefore you obviously don't have the request experience to answer that question for yourself.

Okay, I'll take a shot at it. What woody was saying was that if you paid any modicum of attention, you'd pick up on those answers (IOW, "Forget it Donny, you're out of your element!").

No one, but the woot gods, truly know how many "cool" things go out, and what "cool" is is a matter of perspective. For me, a brown paper bag, worth three cents, with the question mark on it would be cool. For others, a box brimming with sansas would be cool. For a few, nothing short of two tv's and a surround system would be cool.

63 woots, 11 burritos

iforgot688

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iforgot688
GuardianBob wrote:Seriously?!? The earmuffs and dark water bottle looks a little inappropriate in that picture.

Thank You!!! I guess I'm not the only pervert around here.

matkapnyc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages matkapnyc
yardleydobon wrote:Let me reword what you just said to show you how unbelievably Jatravartid it was: You just asked a question so therefore you obviously don't have the request experience to answer that question for yourself.

Lighten up Francis. You've got one woot under your belt. Show a bit of respect.

Your second question was not as unambiguous as you think.

But, for the sake of bringing harmony back to the thread, not all 3000 bag recipients actually check into the thread, so it's hard to know exactly how many get "heavy" things. The high majority of people though are going to be on the lighter end and a handful will be getting 25 lbs plus. (I'm sure you can look at prior bags on the spreadsheet if you want a more scientific analysis)

As to the second question, some people get nice electronic things without getting a letter first. Letters usually precede the huge pallet sized deliveries of anything from hundreds of action figures to flat-screen TVs and surround sound systems (except for the iPhones sent out during a recent bag)

But, as has been said here lots of times, crap is crap. Be happy you're part of the fun this time.

craiger99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craiger99

1 Steel Thermos Jug
1 Strawberry Bag
1 Electro Man
1 3 pack Mini Aqua Globes
1 pair strange looking chrome earbuds

Not bad at all

Velocity Micro Cruz Android Tablet 7" 11/16/11 Big ol' Cornucopia 11/9/11 Green Buckyballs 3/17/11 Bag O' Crap 3/9/11 Tyke Light RoomMate 4/29/10 Razer Pro Click Mobile 3/17/10 Blue Flix Digital Camcorder 11/30/09 Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player 11/19/09 Screaming Mini Monkey Keychain 7/22/09 Random Crap 3/27/09 4GB Jimmie Johnson NASCAR Flash Drive 3/26/09 Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor 8/8/08 Sandisk 1GB Media Player 6/19/08

retsoksirhc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retsoksirhc
Woody1150 wrote:That would really depend on the person. You know the saying, "One persons junk is another persons treasure."

I'm holding out for a woot wine tote one of these days...if that were to show up as my bag on the next Big o' Cosmos I get, I would be extremely happy. Ah, some day...

nutmeg9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg9

Just opened my 5.5-pound crapathon:

1x 3-pc Aqua Globes. Already stuck one into our lone houseplant. Maybe I should get a couple more plants.
1x Primula flowering tea set (pot, 4 glasses, 6 teas). The husband actually almost bought this the last time it was on Woot, so yay!
1x big metal thermos w/attached straw. Very useful for toting gin & tonics on the sly.
1x random cheapo earbuds that I chucked.
2x Strawberry bags. Goofy, but I'll actually use these, and they're small enough to toss into my bag without taking up too much space/weight.

All in all, a satisfying crap!

yardleydobon

6502programmer wrote:Okay, I'll take a shot at it. What woody was saying was that if you paid any modicum of attention, you'd pick up on those answers (IOW, "Forget it Donny, you're out of your element!").

No one, but the woot gods, truly know how many "cool" things go out, and what "cool" is is a matter of perspective. For me, a brown paper bag, worth three cents, with the question mark on it would be cool. For others, a box brimming with sansas would be cool. For a few, nothing short of two tv's and a surround system would be cool.

I didn't ask how many "cool" things they send out. I'm not asking about how many people subjectively felt their BOCs were cool. I'm not using exceptional as a synonym for cool.

I asked on average how many expensive or otherwise exceptional items get sent out. I don't think ipods are cool, but I still objectively realize that an ipod would be an exceptional Big o' Cosmos.

When someone gets an ipod, or a tv, or an anvil the forum is going to hear about, and with the wisdom of the crowds, I should think that you all could come up with some sort of "average number of exceptional items per round of BOCs." And if not, then you are the ones that aren't paying a modicum of attention.

yardleydobon

matkapnyc wrote:Lighten up Francis. You've got one woot under your belt. Show a bit of respect.

Your second question was not as unambiguous as you think.

But, for the sake of bringing harmony back to the thread, not all 3000 bag recipients actually check into the thread, so it's hard to know exactly how many get "heavy" things. The high majority of people though are going to be on the lighter end and a handful will be getting 25 lbs plus. (I'm sure you can look at prior bags on the spreadsheet if you want a more scientific analysis)

As to the second question, some people get nice electronic things without getting a letter first. Letters usually precede the huge pallet sized deliveries of anything from hundreds of action figures to flat-screen TVs and surround sound systems (except for the iPhones sent out during a recent bag)

But, as has been said here lots of times, crap is crap. Be happy you're part of the fun this time.

This is the type of answer I was looking for. Thank you.

emitstop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emitstop
GuardianBob wrote:And I wondered why my box kept shrinking:

Got Elmo:

Full Haul:

Outlet man
Strawberry bag
Thomas the Train thingy
Aqua Globes
Elmo Lego thingy

I got the exact same stuff. My box was normal, though.

papatango

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papatango
miken927 wrote:Just got mine, the exact same! Saves me from posting the pic.

mine is identical as well, except the "electric-man" was really scuffed up (looks used) but still on the card, and the water jug is in bubblewrap.

I know these seem to be pretty uniform bulldogs on crack, but I've had less exciting ones. Thanks Woot!

spookilove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookilove

Mine arrived...

2 boxes of aquaglobes (one box shattered)
1 Metal water container
1 Strawberry bag

EDIT: I was gonna post it on my facebook wall, but im too embarrassed to let people know I bought into this... Woot has shamed me

flamesedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamesedge

My Dad and I received ours today.

This was my haul.

1x Woot calender (I was hoping for one)
1x Aqua Globe Mini set of 3
1x 180s ear warmers
1x strawberry bag
1x Dealpak 8 in 1 Ipod accessory pack (all parts included)

I'll post my Dad's as well

1x Aqua Globe Mini set of 3 (he oredered some a while back and they never showed up and Woot refunded it)
1x Nvizio Pen and pencil refills kit
2x strawberry bags
1x 180s ear warmers
1x Wind-Powered Machines kit

I would say we both did well with some interesting bits and bobs.

SkippyFlipjack

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SkippyFlipjack
matkapnyc wrote:Letters usually precede the huge pallet sized deliveries of anything from hundreds of action figures to flat-screen TVs and surround sound systems (except for the iPhones sent out during a recent bag)

Read a funny blog post by someone who got the letter (a couple months ago I think) followed by 42 coffee machines -- sent a couple at a time over the next few weeks

whosgotmyusername

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whosgotmyusername

[quote postid="4395906" user="FrostByte"]I don't know if I'll use the giant metal bottle since it's the kind where you suck through a straw and that's a lot of work compared to the Contigo Water Bottles that I love.

Is my bottle the only one where the straw only goes halfway down?
Half empty/half full I guess...

wut we have here is FAILURE to communicate!

imawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imawoot

Craptastic package in the mail today...

1-Woot calendar
1-pack of aqua globes
2-strawberry bags
1-nashika 3d camera (crappiest of the crap)

This was my first and it was a lot if fun. Can't wait for more crappy crap!

whosgotmyusername

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whosgotmyusername
emitstop wrote:I got the exact same stuff. My box was normal, though.

I thought that WAS normal...

wut we have here is FAILURE to communicate!

soccerstud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soccerstud

1 x 3 pack aqua globe
1 x Nvizio pen refils
1 x 180s ear warmers
3 x strawberry bag
1 x unittool cordless screwdriver set w/bits

Rasnaig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rasnaig

Woot! Woot! I scored pretty darn good. I got the common aquaglobes, strawberry bag and camera tripod plus a Pulse 1G Smartpen. The pen retails for $150-$200, awesome possum. It also has a voice recorder in it.

Not sure if I can get a lot of use out of it but a good score is a good score.

Helenr1966

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Helenr1966

Mine arrived! A couple days early.
I got some stuff I haven't seen yet, plus, NO AQUA GLOBES!!! (Am I the first with no Aqua Globes?)

1x shirt woot calendar
4x sansa branded earbuds
4x sansa branded USB chargers (it fits in my iPhone... will it work with it?)
2x HOUDINI brand car emergency escape tools with seatbelt blade, flashlight, whistle, and window breaker.
1x strawberry tote
1x USB to mini-usb thingy, or maybe it is a USB charger of some sort.
1x refurb Linksys G Wireless Router with SpeedBooster

THANKS WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

danbass15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danbass15
whosgotmyusername wrote:I thought that WAS normal...

Sometimes(correct me if I am wrong) the Woot Godz will write on your box which indicates something special. At least in my experience the first ever Bag O Crappy I got was big and they wrote me a message on it "Please change your address to flamingo nest" (we lived on crows nest lane at the time) It was full of plastic pink flamingos which was hilarious! It also had a $100 prince tennis racket and 3 sansa mp3 players! Also, there was a broken acoustic guitar in there that I fixed! What a great haul for my first Big o' Cosmos! My second one came in a normal box and was the usual stuff people got. I am very excited to receive my 3rd bag o crap this week!!!! The anticipation is where its at anyways!