kkiran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkiran
roebeet wrote:There's a few videos posted in XDA, I think. I stink at making videos (camera shy). I will add one screenshot to my TNTL post, as I've been meaning to do that.

TNT Lite is "mostly stock" - so, if you are using the stock ROM in "classic mode", it's very similar. I do replace some of the Viewsonic apps, but overall it should be an easy transition.

Some of the other ROMs are more AOSP-based, like the Gingerbread ones. VEGAn ROM ports the Advent VEGA UI to the GTAB and is pretty popular, and gADAM ports the Notion Ink Adam UI. So you have a lot of options.

You rock with all this support! Viewsonic should pay you! I don't happen to see a donate button btw on your xda post?

I am surprised to see no one building a dual boot on this given that Nook Color got this long back. This is more powerful and actually makes more sense to dual boot - one with stock and the other with a heavily modded version. Thoughts? I don't know a lot of Java but I love Python. Let me know if I can be of some help trying to write a dual booter!!

http://iLikeMyiPhone.com

propane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages propane
cracksbacks wrote:I have to wait forever for my g-tablet to be delivered...I think I will #blameshift

I wonder if anyone got that

LOL. As an avid reader of the Evo XDA forums, your joke did not fall upon def ears ;)

donatom3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donatom3
cracksbacks wrote:I have to wait forever for my g-tablet to be delivered...I think I will #blameshift

I wonder if anyone got that

Why cuz he bought a wifi Xoom instead?

dgstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgstan

Just Curious...

Is this what will be eventually updated when it ships?

Order status
your order is in.
you're all set now.

uanarchyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uanarchyk
dgstan wrote:Just Curious...

Order status
your order is in.
you're all set now.

That text will be updated, yes.

Wickiup22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wickiup22
dgstan wrote:Just Curious...

Order status
your order is in.
you're all set now.

Yes. Here's what mine looks like now:

your order has been shipped.
order #xxxxxxxx

click here to view your receipt.

Tracking number(s) for this order:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - FEDEX

*x's are actual numbers on my account page, of course.

Waiting impatiently...

dgstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgstan
uanarchyk wrote:That text will be updated, yes.

Thanks. Hopefully, it'll ship today. I know the staff said they'll all go out, but I'm sure they've got their work cut out for them trying to get another 6K out the door.

BTW - I ordered 6:30pm PST.

jt1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jt1999

Wheres the love Woot? Love = shipping info

bacdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bacdoc
jgiannon wrote:Its amazing how no one reads any of the thread whatsoever. Sorry but weeding through all of the "mine shipped" and already answered questions is getting frustrating. What happened to the days of censored woot, when they deleted the useless posts?

To answer your question it is FedEx ground, it's on the Blog page and was on the Woot.com main site when you bought the tablet.

I skimmed the thread, read the blog, and looked everywhere on FedEx's site and I still don't see where it's confirmed to be shipping Ground. Maybe you can clarify for me?

jt1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jt1999
jt1999 wrote:Wheres the love Woot? Love = shipping info

Thanks for the love!!

bcross12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcross12

Just in case anyone is looking for an update on shipping, I ordered mine at 10:48 AM and got a shipping confirmation today.

roebeet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet
merrillian wrote:In the pictures there is a red light at the bottom left of the screen. Is that always on when the device is on?

Has anyone tried pulling the LED lead to disable that, or is there an option in the O/S to do so.

That's the battery charging indicator.

kkiran wrote:You rock with all this support! Viewsonic should pay you! I don't happen to see a donate button btw on your xda post?

I am surprised to see no one building a dual boot on this given that Nook Color got this long back. This is more powerful and actually makes more sense to dual boot - one with stock and the other with a heavily modded version. Thoughts? I don't know a lot of Java but I love Python. Let me know if I can be of some help trying to write a dual booter!!

XDA wants dev/modders to use the donate functionality builtin, so it shows up under the username. Go figure.

You can "almost" dual boot with clockworkmod. Backup stock with it, then build out a modded version and do the same. That way, you can go back and forth with clockworkmod. Problem is backing up all the time to keep the updates.

easwaim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easwaim

Im not getting any woot love! =[

prUsP69E

quality posts: 3 Private Messages prUsP69E

Ordered at 4:30pm Eastern ... saw tracking # when I pulled up the order on woot.com.

I have tons of things to catch up on so I can feel like I deserve this thing. So no hurry.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

bacdoc wrote:I skimmed the thread, read the blog, and looked everywhere on FedEx's site and I still don't see where it's confirmed to be shipping Ground. Maybe you can clarify for me?

Go to the first page of comments. Look at the very first post. The item name at the top of the post is a link. This link takes you to the blog post for the item. Click it. Scroll down, down, down. Scroll until you get to the SquareTrade warranty box. To the right of it, a little below it, is another box. Within the box is a snail. The snail has wheels. The snail is carrying a box on its back. The snail is captioned with "Ground." The snail is a visual metaphor! It indicates the shipment method: Ground.

khartm8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khartm8

I ordered in the first 20 minutes. I received tracking info email on the 25th, but there is still no information at the FedEx tracking site. ;_;

snowbush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowbush

Can we please STOP with "I received / not received tracking info"? They are USELESS for everybody else. Please.

easwaim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easwaim
easwaim wrote:Im not getting any woot love! =[

LOL 1 minute later i revived some warm woot lovin

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

My tracking number just arrived in e-mail about 5 minutes ago. Shortly after the order page updated with the same. No love on the number on FedEx site yet, so waiting for it to get into the warehouse and be scanned at once...

One more step closer still!

FYI: My order was placed around 9:40pm Woot Time. So looks like they are digging close to the bottom of the pile now!

watkinsp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watkinsp

Woo Hoo, its making its way slowly to my waiting hands. Arrived in Nashville today, delivery tomorrow.

bacdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bacdoc
goldenthorn wrote:Go to the first page of comments. Look at the very first post. The item name at the top of the post is a link. This link takes you to the blog post for the item. Click it. Scroll down, down, down. Scroll until you get to the SquareTrade warranty box. To the right of it, a little below it, is another box. Within the box is a snail. The snail has wheels. The snail is carrying a box on its back. The snail is captioned with "Ground." The snail is a visual metaphor! It indicates the shipment method: Ground.

I don't know how I could've missed that.

Seriously, thanks it's my first wootoff and I was concerned for future reference. If it is ground I'm in the next day shipping zone for FedEx Ground. I assume it will be here tomorrow.

frogyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogyt
easwaim wrote:Im not getting any woot love! =[

LMAO ;=) LOVE WOOT! WOOT!

laserbiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laserbiz

Is the G-Tab used primarily in landscape mode? It seems to me when ever I see an i-Pad it is shown in portrait mode and when I see the G-tab, it is shown in landscape.....Or is it just me?

Gadget424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gadget424

I ordered mine late in the evening (after 7pm) and I just received my tracking # email. WOOT INDEED!!! Now to go back to scouring the XDA forums. ;D

ekcoluffy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekcoluffy
laserbiz wrote:Is the G-Tab used primarily in landscape mode? It seems to me when ever I see an i-Pad it is shown in portrait mode and when I see the G-tab, it is shown in landscape.....Or is it just me?

It works either modes, or I should say it is just you, lol

flatlander1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatlander1966

I received order confirmation 7:30 am CST Wend; received fedex tracking number 4:30 pm Friday; still no info at fedex? I wonder whats up with that....

casualgeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casualgeek
laserbiz wrote:Is the G-Tab used primarily in landscape mode? It seems to me when ever I see an i-Pad it is shown in portrait mode and when I see the G-tab, it is shown in landscape.....Or is it just me?

Don't have one yet, but I do believe you are correct in your assumption. I think it is designed for landscape use.

But that may be because I have an ipad now, and the gtab looks elongated to me in portrait, at least in pictures.

vhines57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vhines57

Ordered at 11:00pm Central & just received my tracking number...Thanks Woot!!

KCFalcon59

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFalcon59

Victory!!!!! I got my tracking number. Woot!!!

slowplay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowplay

Got my Fedex tracking number! I was probably one of the last people to order at 11:57 PM CST. I assume every order has been shipped?

thomaseak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaseak
Shanebob wrote:It depends on where it's being shipped to. If your shipping information hasn't been updated yet, you can look up the estimated shipping time here: http://www.fedex.com/grd/maps/ShowMapEntry.do and use the zip code 75039. Please note that the shipping times are in business days!

The forum post magic genie worked! I posted, went off to start some laundry, and bing! (or, google!) I get my shipping notice.

Thanks to the above post, I know to expect my gTab Wed or Thursday, and Thurs is my day off!

dufusking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dufusking

I literally bought mine with seconds left on the clock (11:59:07 I think) and I just got my status set to shipped, if that's the case then I get mine tomorrow because I live in Fort Worth. Those of you who still haven't gotten your shipment notifications keep the faith, it will be there soon...

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

The rest of the ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet have completely shipped today via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

speedman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedman

Has anyone tried to "Root" FedEX to get our GTablet any faster? LOL

yuusou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuusou

Got my woot tracking bot email! So excited!

Just a quick tip for people looking into getting a cheap neoprene sleeve for your tablet. I paid 3 dollars, shipped, for my macbook air sleeve from one of those straight from the factory in asia online stores. So keep an eye on dealnews, etc. for something similar.

This was about 4 months ago and it's holding up amazing. Great quality. Slow shipping though.

alphabeta22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alphabeta22

sigh...got my tracking bot notice on Friday...but still as of right now, the fedex number is "not found" and im only a few counties away from them.....sigh.....

Flitterkill

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Flitterkill

If you are desperate to figure out how long it will take (mindful of delays and/or lucky quickness)here's the FedEx Ground delivery times out of zip code 75007.

nnbj92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nnbj92

I have a question, specifically with the tnt lite ROM. I am reading the instructions and following them to prepare myself when my gtab comes.

I am stuck at this step:

Extract the RAR to the root of your internal memory. So, for example, if your device is mounted on your Windows F drive, you need to extract the RAR so that you have an F:\update.zip file and an F:\recovery folder.

I extracted the RAR in a regular folder to see how it would extract and could not find a update.zip file. I came to the conclusion that the zipped update folder is the file that I am looking for. Can someone confirm that or help me find it?

jsjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsjames

Can anyone verify that these ship with Signature required?

Lisa21617

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lisa21617

I got a tracking number today, but it isn't in the FedEx system yet. It MIGHT show up Friday... probably not.