drummr8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummr8
arnott wrote:xda people do a great job. If you like the blog post from blendblog, use the instructions from that site and download the files from xda.

+1

Like roebeet said, the instructions sound right, but be careful about the files you download and use. I downloaded all the files I need from XDA, then I'll be following instructions from either blendblog or XDA, whichever helps me more.

arnott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arnott
wootelf wrote:Pretty sure this is not the attitude woot wants to take. "Yeah, its not great here, similar prices but we add slow processing and slow shipping, don't tell you any updates for a week, but hey that's normal here at Woot, if you don't like it, go somewhere else". I find it hard to refer to 14 days as "extremely fast shipping and processing".

As to the post that said I could have canceled my order on 3/24, well thanks, sadly I didn't know until 3/29 that my order hadn't shipped.

What I suspect happened is that either they ran out of product and have been waiting to get more in, or they exceeded shipping capacity and have been waiting for the shipper to be able to handle more.

Your order has been shipped, but not scanned by Fedex yet. My order's status is the same.

You should try ordering a Big o' Cosmos from woot!.

update: Fedex finally shows tracking info.

dlevasseur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlevasseur
pityr wrote:No, they are tied to the account that they were purchased on. Make sure you signed into the same gmail account. From what I gather you can't just sign into the market either. You have to trick it by signing into the youtube app first. Scan this thread for the Market Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865245

Tried that fix several times. I think that is only to fix the list of available applications. Before I did the above fix I couldn't find LauncherPro or Dolphin HD, after the fix both were available. However, apps that I purchased on my Nook Color with the same google account are not showing up as already purchased. I saw one other poster mentioning this somewhere along this adventure, but can't find that again.

Moetop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moetop

I havent booted yet, but I am not seeing a screen protector. Waiting for the batteried to charge adn I will post once i boot. (I know newer batteries are supposed to be fine if you don't charge and discharge fully, but I'm old school, and for some strange reason all my battery driven devices seem to last longer than my friends)

Has anyone else noticed the same things as Srirams?

srirams wrote:These are supposed to be new right?

Mine looks like it might have been used....

First the packaging didn't have a screen protector, or any of that clingy plastic around the case (just the white bag).

Second, it booted straight to classic home asking for no initial setup or anything. It looks like there is already another wifi ap setup. It has "angry birds" installed and a bunch of other programs. It has a full copy of "King Kong" in the folders....

Is this what everybody else got, or is mine a return?

edit: no, not a full copy of "King Kong" just the trailer, called "King.Kong.1080P.wmv" in /sdcard/Master/Videos.

djanis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djanis
Moetop wrote:I havent booted yet, but I am not seeing a screen protector. Waiting for the batteried to charge adn I will post once i boot. (I know newer batteries are supposed to be fine if you don't charge and discharge fully, but I'm old school, and for some strange reason all my battery driven devices seem to last longer than my friends)

Has anyone else noticed the same things as Srirams?

Yes, and evidently, it is normal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=985294&page=1

landmlord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landmlord

wow 1700 comments

Moetop

I just bought mine Today. You have to go back to the original post and scroll 3/4 down the page and the link will be there. I couldnt use the THIRTY30 Code (Said I was not eligible) for the 30% but the WIZZARD25 code did work for 25%.

drummr8 wrote:Is there a certain time restriction on purchasing the Squaretrade warranties?

I wanted to think about it for a little while (and decide if I'm going to be keeping this tablet for a while).

pityr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pityr
dlevasseur wrote:Tried that fix several times. I think that is only to fix the list of available applications. Before I did the above fix I couldn't find LauncherPro or Dolphin HD, after the fix both were available. However, apps that I purchased on my Nook Color with the same google account are not showing up as already purchased. I saw one other poster mentioning this somewhere along this adventure, but can't find that again.

It sounds like you have 2 different accounts. All of the stuff that I bought on my G1, N1 and Nook Color show up under my account. Go to https://market.android.com to see all the apps that you have downloaded or purchased on this account.

Although... Now that I think of it and the apps that you bought might show as being incompatible with the Gtab which is why they don't appear. Do they even appear when you do a general search for them on the Gtab?

mu5e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mu5e

Got tracking yesterday noon (Mar 28)
Fedex says: Mar 29,5:16 PM Arrived at FedEx location (IRVING, TX)
Fedex = slowpoke

dlevasseur

pityr wrote:It sounds like you have 2 different accounts. All of the stuff that I bought on my G1, N1 and Nook Color show up under my account. Go to https://market.android.com to see all the apps that you have downloaded or purchased on this account.

Although... Now that I think of it and the apps that you bought might show as being incompatible with the Gtab which is why they don't appear. Do they even appear when you do a general search for them on the Gtab?

Yeah they show up. But need to be purchased.

yodboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yodboy

Yes, you are unreasonably expecting too much. Woot specifically states it may take up to 5 days for an item to ship. Then Fedex states it can take 24 to 48 hours for information on a shipped item to appear in their system.

Since the orders were processed on the 23rd, + 5 days to ship = 28th + 2 days for FedEx to update = March 30th.

You can hope, but not expect to have any information on the status of your products shipment until sometime on March 30th.

All the facts at your disposal only tell you you that you do not have a reasonable expectation of knowing where the product is, until tomorrow.

So, why have you posted repeated complaints about not being updated on the status of your shipment?

I sense a troll in elf's clothing.

wootelf wrote:I wouldn't call this "amazingly negative". I've stuck to the facts, expressed my disappointment, and cited clear examples of what my expectations were and why they were realistic.

Here we are a week after you charged my credit card $305, and I still can't get a clear answer as to where my purchase is. In email you tell me it's "being processed for shipment", on these forums you claim they're "all out". When I talk to fedex they tell me the tracking number you have printed up has not been handed over to them yet.

All the facts at my disposal indicate that you have not yet shipped the product, and when you do ship it, it will be another week before it gets here.

Is there anything that I have said that is not accurate?

I don't think I have said anything negative about the product, and I have tried my best to stick with the information about shipping that was either emailed to me or posted in this thread.

dlevasseur

srirams wrote:These are supposed to be new right?

Mine looks like it might have been used....

First the packaging didn't have a screen protector, or any of that clingy plastic around the case (just the white bag).

Second, it booted straight to classic home asking for no initial setup or anything. It looks like there is already another wifi ap setup. It has "angry birds" installed and a bunch of other programs. It has a full copy of "King Kong" in the folders....

Is this what everybody else got, or is mine a return?

edit: no, not a full copy of "King Kong" just the trailer, called "King.Kong.1080P.wmv" in /sdcard/Master/Videos.

Mine was the same way. If it wasn't new, someone spent a lot of time putting it back together and shrink wrapping everything.

jaredthegeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredthegeek
arnott wrote:Your order has been shipped, but not scanned by Fedex yet. My order's status is the same.

You should try ordering a Big o' Cosmos from woot!.

update: Fedex finally shows tracking info.

I blamed FedEx and not Woot! all along. I have faith in Woot!

My tracking info showed up but no expected delivery date is listed yet. They must be having a hell of a time shipping over 10K of these things.

citizenzac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citizenzac

I only paid $294.98. Why would your's have been $10 more? Just a curiosity.

wootelf wrote:I
Here we are a week after you charged my credit card $305, and I still can't get a clear answer as to where my purchase is.

yodboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yodboy
citizenzac wrote:I only paid $294.98. Why would your's have been $10 more? Just a curiosity.

He likely lives in a high tax state. Here in NYC, it came out to $304.84

If I had known other companies we don't get charged tax from were going to sell for $300 with free shipping, I'd have saved the $4.84

I also think that was after a $5 TAXSUCKS coupon code. I'll have to ask my wife about that, she's the one who placed the actual order.

I've had mixed feelings about woot since the amazon take over. Love/frustration. No benefits, plus tax.

w8iz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w8iz

With all the interest in this tablet, and mine is arriving tomorrow - so says FedEx - I have another question. Can someone point me to a forum that speaks of operating Windows 7 on a Viewsonic Viewpad 10?

If this Android tablet works as well as it has for the other users, I may consider the dual boot OS of the newer pads. That would give me a seamless work environment (meaning I won't have to use two Open Office-type programs with different interfaces and options).

Thanks!

billridge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billridge

Thank you Woot! I believe this is the shortest amount of time from ordering to delivery. It's sitting right here getting charged up as we speak. 7 days.

I always appreciate the great deals and the great customer service.

Woot on!

prUsP69E

quality posts: 3 Private Messages prUsP69E
dlevasseur wrote:Mine was the same way. If it wasn't new, someone spent a lot of time putting it back together and shrink wrapping everything.

I am getting worried. Were you two in the first lot of shipments or the second lot ?

Anyone else finding their tablets to be refurbs/returns ?

jetguy35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jetguy35
wootelf wrote:Yup. I'm one refund away from you never seeing me again.

Of course you know what's going to happen now. The item will finally arrive, and like the earlier poster I'll have received a "pre opened" package where someone has already installed stuff on it. You think I'm upset about the lack of updates followed by the slow shipping. I'm sure you can imagine my reaction when I get a used item! =)

My package had no tracking information either... I didn't panic and about an hour ago, the fedex site updated saying that I would get mine on 3/30 which is tomorrow. Although it is shipped Fedex ground, Fedex does throw packages on airplanes when it is more convenient for them. Hence, this is how my package will get from Texas to Chicago in one day and be delivered the next. I would bet that the same will happen for you. You will probably get yours tomorrow or thursday. Just my $.02. Why complain and freak out when you can just relax and let the cool gtab work its way to you. It will get there. You might as well in the mean time look over documentation or accessories that you might want for the gtab while you wait. That's what I'm doing. I can't wait for mine. Woot woot!

dlevasseur

prUsP69E wrote:I am getting worried. Were you two in the first lot of shipments or the second lot ?

Anyone else finding their tablets to be refurbs/returns ?

Since I have it now, first lot. Second lot just shipped yesterday.

I don't believe mine was a return at all. I think they may have flashed a few of them to meet the expectations of the Woot sale. The woot sale specifically said Angry Birds and Flash, neither of which are included/worked in the stock rom.

madamos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madamos

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Mar 29, 2011 6:05 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
IRVING, TXMar 29, 2011 2:58 PM
Picked upIRVING, TX
Mar 28, 2011 1:08 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Ship date Mar 29, 2011
Estimated delivery Mar 31, 2011

Not bad, not bad at all for ground shipping.

pityr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pityr
w8iz wrote:With all the interest in this tablet, and mine is arriving tomorrow - so says FedEx - I have another question. Can someone point me to a forum that speaks of operating Windows 7 on a Viewsonic Viewpad 10?

If this Android tablet works as well as it has for the other users, I may consider the dual boot OS of the newer pads. That would give me a seamless work environment (meaning I won't have to use two Open Office-type programs with different interfaces and options).

Thanks!

Sorry, it wont do that. They aren't setup like a PC in the traditional sense. Viewsonic has a similar looking product that has a completely different hardware setup that does run Win7 though. It uses an Intel processor and is more like a laptop on the inside.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
jetguy35 wrote:My package had no tracking information either... I didn't panic and about an hour ago, the fedex site updated saying that I would get mine on 3/30 which is tomorrow. Although it is shipped Fedex ground, Fedex does throw packages on airplanes when it is more convenient for them.

Do you know this for a fact, that they throw ground packages on planes? I am in the same boat as you - in 3 day zone, but my package, which just showed up in Irving is due on Thursday. That's two days. This may be because when Woot printed labels yesterday, they assumed that it will begin moving that day. I have a bad feeling, that the projection may change once it gets on the road (thouh I'd prefer to be wrong).

Here's why I have this suspicion. I was under impression, that there are differerent restrictions on things you ship via ground vs air. For example there may be an aerosol can in ground package, which is prohibited from air shipment. FedEx doesn't know what is inside, so I'm not sure if they are allowed to just throw them on a plane.

Once again, I'm only guessing this much, so if someone has more accurate information - please do correct me. I'd love to be proven wrong and to see my dearly awaited gtab as soon as it can get here!

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

Mine is in Chicago, only 300 miles to go!

Funny as I will be in Chicago on April 3rd to see My Violent Torpedo of Truth.

• in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Basket of Cranberries 4/26/12
  • Basket of Cranberries 3/22/12
  • Basket of Cranberries 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

Moetop

I bought one in the first batch and one in the second.

The first one was schedualed for tomorrow. It arrived today (1 day early)

LEM- wrote:Do you know this for a fact, that they throw ground packages on planes? I am in the same boat as you - in 3 day zone, but my package, which just showed up in Irving is due on Thursday. That's two days. This may be because when Woot printed labels yesterday, they assumed that it will begin moving that day. I have a bad feeling, that the projection may change once it gets on the road (thouh I'd prefer to be wrong).

Here's why I have this suspicion. I was under impression, that there are differerent restrictions on things you ship via ground vs air. For example there may be an aerosol can in ground package, which is prohibited from air shipment. FedEx doesn't know what is inside, so I'm not sure if they are allowed to just throw them on a plane.

Once again, I'm only guessing this much, so if someone has more accurate information - please do correct me. I'd love to be proven wrong and to see my dearly awaited gtab as soon as it can get here!

wootelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootelf
citizenzac wrote:I only paid $294.98. Why would your's have been $10 more? Just a curiosity.

Life in a state with no income tax, but higher sales tax.

Moetop

If you plan on doing a full charge before powering on form the first time, you have better have Patience. I have waited 2.5 hours so far.. Light still red.

You may want to plug it in and go to sleep or for a walk around the mall and dinner.

Drizzt5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drizzt5

I think that it is untrue that they are already used.

But if mine has any unexpected problems I will most likely return it and get an ipad2 or xoom. (even if I spend much more)

But I highly doubt this. Fedex says I'll get it on the 31st but I hope I will get it tomorrow! According to the map I should have it tomorrow.

patricksommer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patricksommer

Patience is a virtue.....

I waited on pins and needles for it to arrive, and now I've been staring at this reg light for 3 hours waiting for it to turn green so I can power it on. I figure I've waited this long, whats another hour or so....

My first impressions are that the hardware quality on the outside does leave a little to be desired, but I keep reminding myself of the price.

I'd just like to say that woot had a great deal, and while their service is no amazon prime, it is fine.

I'm thinking I will stick with the stock FW for a while (updated of course) and see how that treats me before trying to root. I bought this to do a few key things throughout my day for work (outside sales rep) and as long as I can do these basic things I will be happy.

uanarchyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uanarchyk
wootelf wrote:Yup. I'm one refund away from you never seeing me again.

At this point, I can't help but think that this would be a good thing. From the sounds of it, you've been an unrelenting pain in the rear ends of woot and Fedex, and I doubt they'll cry about losing your custom.

A 5+ day wait for an item to ship and a shipping company which is uncommunicative are, in my experience, very common occurrences when ordering online from anyone not on the scale of Amazon. I have purchased from a wide range of companies on the internet, and I see nothing unusual or untoward about woot's practices in this instance.

The folk on this messageboard, including myself, have been very patient and reasonable in trying to explain why it is you have no right to be bent out of shape, but I think the time for reason has passed. You certainly have longsince abandoned it. Your neurotic, petulant whining isn't accomplishing anything beyond transmitting a bit of the wretchedness that must be your life to be such a curmudgeon.

Good day to you, sir.

wootelf

agingdragqueen wrote: But it shows we got it out yesterday, and tracking emails contain the warning that actual movement might not show on tracking for 24-48 hours.

FedEx finally got the item and updated their information. They claim they picked up the item today at 3pm, and by 5:11pm it had made it to a fedex facility. This seems counter to prior claims that all the items had gone out already, but consistent with the woot email I received this morning saying the item was still being processed for shipping.

Nice to finally have some solid information on where it was.

iniquityx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iniquityx
LEM- wrote:Do you know this for a fact, that they throw ground packages on planes? I am in the same boat as you - in 3 day zone, but my package, which just showed up in Irving is due on Thursday. That's two days. This may be because when Woot printed labels yesterday, they assumed that it will begin moving that day. I have a bad feeling, that the projection may change once it gets on the road (thouh I'd prefer to be wrong).

That's what I was getting at before with my other post as to why people should relax if their shipping status isn't updated. FedEx often has space on their planes and "overnights" things last minute.

And yes, they know what's in the box. woot! claimed the contents, it should show on your tracking info.

EDIT: For SoCal people, looks like FedEx just wasn't updating. I just checked for the heck of it not expecting anything. The last two entries:

Mar 29, 2011 4:27 PM
Arrived at FedEx locationCITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
Mar 26, 2011 12:52 AM
Arrived at FedEx location HUTCHINS, TX

wootelf

uanarchyk wrote:At this point, I can't help but think that this would be a good thing. From the sounds of it, you've been an unrelenting pain in the rear ends of woot and Fedex, and I doubt they'll cry about losing your custom.

A 5+ day wait for an item to ship and a shipping company which is uncommunicative are, in my experience, very common occurrences when ordering online from anyone not on the scale of Amazon. I have purchased from a wide range of companies on the internet, and I see nothing unusual or untoward about woot's practices in this instance.

The folk on this messageboard, including myself, have been very patient and reasonable in trying to explain why it is you have no right to be bent out of shape, but I think the time for reason has passed. You certainly have longsince abandoned it. Your neurotic, petulant whining isn't accomplishing anything beyond transmitting a bit of the wretchedness that must be your life to be such a curmudgeon.

Good day to you, sir.

Woot. Insults. I'm glad that you think that is the rational way to handle this. It makes it easy to dismiss your points. I'm sorry that you've become so accustomed to bad service that you think it's acceptable.

Woot sells a lot of items every day. The fact that they can't be honest about where the item is is frankly appalling.

"It's shipped" "No, sorry, we mean it's being processed." 6 days of "we don't know where it is, please wait 24-48 hours after we put a tracking label on it".

This could have been resolved with some simple status updates relating to the fact that they still had the item and had not yet released it to FedEx. Though that still does not explain why they hadn't released it to FedEx sooner.

I recognize that there are going to be fanboys and apologists posting here on woot's forums, but try to stick to the facts and avoid the petty name-calling if you can.

osmoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osmoney

side note...do i need to do like this says and create a folder called roms and stick tnt lite into it IF YOUR NOT USING CWM?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865245

Step 3.
Create a folder on your device's internal storage (not your microSD card) called ROMs.

(Do this by plugging your tablet into your computer, activating USB storage on your tablet, and then a "Removable" drive will pop up in "My Computer". Open that up, right click -> new -> folder.)

Copy tnt_lite_v2_2.zip/whatever .zip your installing to that folder. (Leave it zipped, Clockwork will install it from the .zip file as is).

Note: If the ROM you downloaded has multiple files, look for the one named “update.zip” and rename it to whatever you want (something to help you differentiate it from other ROMs), then copy that to the tablet. If an “update.zip” doesn’t exist, and you’re lost…read through that ROM’s thread and see if anybody else asked about it…if not then you probably should (on that ROM’s thread…each one is different).

lecarpio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lecarpio
magargee wrote:Received my FedEx shipping notice yesterday afternoon. When it finally appeared in FedEx's system late last night it showed it was picked up in Irving TX yesterday and I will have it today! Actually I live in McKinney, about 40 miles away.

Can't wait to start playing with my new toy!!!

Did you gettit? mine show today at the FEDEX site for estimate deliver march 29, since 9:24 am in San Antonio and never show up
FEDEX really sucks!

uanarchyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uanarchyk

So, has anyone else been looking into android app development while they wait for their new toy to arrive?

I've been playing with Processing and it seems like a pretty useful little system for writing quick and dirty personal apps, which is exactly what I want it for. Although I'm sure I'll inexorably be drawn down the rabbit hole. It seems it's always a case of "Oh this seems like a great higher level language... but if I were to take a step down, I'd be able to do this..."

osmoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osmoney

why is everyone soooo worried about their product...if you dont get it today/tomorrow are you going to be seriously effected? no. didnt think so. just calm down. post complaints if you dont have it by mid week next week. who cares about the status of your shipping. sorry if i sound like im ranting, but seriously though.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
iniquityx wrote:That's what I was getting at before with my other post as to why people should relax if their shipping status isn't updated. FedEx often has space on their planes and "overnights" things last minute.

And yes, they know what's in the box. woot! claimed the contents, it should show on your tracking info.

EDIT: For SoCal people, looks like FedEx just wasn't updating. I just checked for the heck of it not expecting anything. The last two entries:

Mar 29, 2011 4:27 PM
Arrived at FedEx locationCITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
Mar 26, 2011 12:52 AM
Arrived at FedEx location HUTCHINS, TX

I think they've had some updating issues systemwide, or just related to these shipments. My tracking claims that information was electronically transmitted yesterday, at which point it was supposed to be trackable, but it wasn't.

Then, when a package is scanned, if no electronic information was available, only tracking number would show up. Instead, at certain point this afternoon the package became trackable with all reference data available. And it was long after the two scans that showed too.

So it seems like lots of data was being queued somewhere, including electronic information transmittals and location scans and then it all got dumped into the system at once...

Ah.. good old UPS... love their nearly instant updates. When a driver hands me a package, then I go upstairs and refresh tracking to see status change to delivered within minutes...

borntohunt

quality posts: 102 Private Messages borntohunt

For those who have received their ViewSonic gTablet:

Did it come with Adobe Flash?

Did it come with Angry Birds?

Did it come with G-Market?

Did it come with Titanium Backup? If not, how much does it cost to get this backup app???

Thx.

dlevasseur

borntohunt wrote:For those who have received their ViewSonic gTablet:

Did it come with Adobe Flash?

Did it come with Angry Birds?

Did it come with G-Market?

Did it come with Titanium Backup? If not, how much does it cost to get this backup app???

Thx.

Yes
Yes
Yes (but realize this isn't the android market)
No. There are free and paid versions. You can check out apps at market.android.com

Here's a few apps that I loved on the Nook and can't wait to get on my GTAB:

DocumentsToGo
K-9 Mail
Got2Do
Pandora
DropBox
Angry Birds
Titanium Backup
Dolphin HD Browser
Wyse Pocket Cloud
Fancy Widget
Touch Calendar Free

Unfortunately, just like my Froyo Nook Color, the Slacker Radio app doesn't work.