dtlm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtlm
roebeet wrote:Clem's and Pershoot's kernels on XDA both support NTFS.



Ah, thanks for the info; will look for them after I've done my taxes. Hopefully it won't be too complicated to install... or irreversible, lol.

dfunkmaster


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster

Anyone having volume issues with their Gtab and Vegan?

I try to put the volume up by pressing the +volume key and it won't raise the volume. The volume display (media volume) pops up but won't go any higher then mute?

Anyone?

dfunkmaster


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
dfunkmaster wrote:Anyone having volume issues with their Gtab and Vegan?

I try to put the volume up by pressing the +volume key and it won't raise the volume. The volume display (media volume) pops up but won't go any higher then mute?

Anyone?



Nevermind. Went into clockwork Mod and reset permissions? Don't know why that worked...

dbailey64


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbailey64

I have given up on the stock ROM. Need to mod but afraid to do it on my own. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area who could help me, face to face. Will travel to your place and pay reasonable comp. If so, email me at dbailey64@gmail.com

borntohunt


quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

In case anyone needs a Viewsonic gTablet at Woot's price on Amazon . . .

Dealnews revealed this popular well priced item ---> Posted 1 hr 23 min ago:

ViewSonic G Tablet 10" Android Tablet

$280 + free shipping

Today only, Woot.com via Amazon.com offers the ViewSonic G Tablet 10" Android Tablet, model no. GTABLET, for $279.99. With free shipping, that $20 under our mention from yesterday and the lowest total price we've seen. (It's also a current price low by $20.) It features an NVIDIA Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core processor, 10.1" 1024x600 LED-backlit widescreen LCD, 512MB RAM, 16GB internal memory (expandable via microSD card), 1.3-megapixel webcam, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, and Google Android 2.2.

Amazon's ViewSonic gTablet

roebeet


quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet

FYI, I am going to retire my GTAB mods over in XDA, this weekend. I am moving them to Slatedroid.com: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/102-viewsonic-viewpadg-tab/

I will have a presence in both areas, but just a heads up. Most of the development and mods are still in XDA, but if you see mine as retired, this is the reason why.

So far, XDA is not allowing me to announce this to users over there, and I could be sanctioned or banned if I do. So I figured Woot! users might still be scanning this forum.

timmy2tuff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmy2tuff

Hey everyone, newly registered long time Android user... have a D1 DX and Gtab....

I flashed TnT Lite 4.4 within the first 10 mins of use no problem from the stock recovery.

Now I want to flash Vegan Gingeredition RC1 but need CWM.

I tried downloading and flashing CWM_gtab_v08.zip and didnt seem to work
*EDIT I used the internal mem one as I do not have an SD card in the tab.

Now the big problem... I installed Rom Manager before doing my research and flashed CWM from there. Now whenever I try to boot to recovery it locks up at the viewsonic logo. It boots normally ok still though.

Where can I get a working version of CWM and how can I flash it now that my recovery is screwed up? Do I really need to nVflash?

Thank you anyone! I've been searching but can't find the answer.

*EDIT* Didn't even think of trying the alternate recovery.... worked like a charm!

roebeet


quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet
timmy2tuff wrote:Hey everyone, newly registered long time Android user... have a D1 DX and Gtab....

I flashed TnT Lite 4.4 within the first 10 mins of use no problem from the stock recovery.

Now I want to flash Vegan Gingeredition RC1 but need CWM.

I tried downloading and flashing CWM_gtab_v08.zip and didnt seem to work
*EDIT I used the internal mem one as I do not have an SD card in the tab.

Now the big problem... I installed Rom Manager before doing my research and flashed CWM from there. Now whenever I try to boot to recovery it locks up at the viewsonic logo. It boots normally ok still though.

Where can I get a working version of CWM and how can I flash it now that my recovery is screwed up? Do I really need to nVflash?

Thank you anyone! I've been searching but can't find the answer.



ROM Manager = bad. It might have broken your recovery.

If you have TNT Lite 4.4, you are in luck. It has a "Recovery Pack" in it. Via either adb or a Terminal shell, you can ran "cwmrecovery.sh" and it was add the correct version of clockworkmod for you. See my TNT Lite first post for details, or here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1005080

cherman1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cherman1

So its Same price at Amazon with no shipping and with Amazon - and legendary Amazon service. Glad I GOT MY used one at WOOT. with thier legendary CS policy of "hey were woot ... you were warned" ;-(

borntohunt


quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

In case you missed it, here's a good comparison to help gTablet users's decision making process from the other newer woot discussion thread:

kstraka wrote:VEGAn Froyo - Great ROM, but hasn't been updated in a month or two due to devs working on Gingerbread VEGAn. This is the one I plan to install due to lack-of-perfectness of VEGAn Gingerbread.

VEGAn Gingerbread - Latest and greatest Android OS, *BUT* doesn't have video hardware acceleration (driver issues). So if you want to do lots of hi-def video playback, don't use this one.

TNT Lite - A much, much better version of the "stock" TNT firmware. Nice and fast, but closer to stock than other firmwares, so missing lots of the nifty addons/interface tweaks that are part of VEGAn and Cyanogen.

Switching is EASY. Just wipe the device and flash a new ROM.


borntohunt


quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

In case you missed this in the other newer woot gTablet discussion thread, here's some helpful videos:

SenatorPerry wrote:Video review links stolen from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1008060

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_CcEWSwMM - G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Honeycomb elements (g0t0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4uac3FOJFw - gADAM - Alternate GTab Firmware (updated 03/23/11, latest ver is 1.3.0) (g0t0) ps: Those errors might have been a mix of no data wipe (?) and a need to re-calibrate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1cbDyYiYuw - TnT Lite 4.2.4 (futurecrue)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6HTF2h1Ypc - TnT Lite 4.1.0 (wudles)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96VGqKeHgKg - Vegan ROM 5.1.1 (alden1000)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZv5IySu1mU - VEGan 5.1.1 (Da_Sheezy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwn7E9vIKQU - VEGan 5.1.1 (g0t0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9hyjduvtfA - Vegan 5.1.1 (SquashPile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y04MPDd2cOY - Vegan 5.1.1 (pugsby)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIE39Nn5H18 - Vegan 5.1 (austinb1983)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgsz1Ak-l0M - Vegan Gingerbread Experimental (jhalsey205)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ggit25upTk - Vega Custom Rom (androiduser2008)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7cCRv68qeA - Cyanogen 6.1 (ehunyadi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbJas-wc9gY - Calkulin's G-Tab v1.1 (g0t0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PGbo5JfnUg - Corwin's CM7RC2 3/27 Custom Compile (g0t0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85QPqZxA0Qs - GTablet Vanilla AOSP Gingerbread RC2 (kornyone)


borntohunt


quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt
roebeet wrote:FYI, I am going to retire my GTAB mods over in XDA, this weekend. I am moving them to Slatedroid.com:

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/102-viewsonic-viewpadg-tab/

I will have a presence in both areas, but just a heads up. Most of the development and mods are still in XDA, but if you see mine as retired, this is the reason why.

So far, XDA is not allowing me to announce this to users over there, and I could be sanctioned or banned if I do. So I figured Woot! users might still be scanning this forum.



Thanks for the update. We all wish you well over there at SlateDroid. Appreciate all your help & good work.

borntohunt


quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Saw this web link mentioned a couple times in the other newer woot gtablet forum discussion thread & thought this info below from NVIDIA Tegra developement which may be of interest to good woot folks over here:

http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra/forum/honeycomb-harmony

UPDATE 13 APRIL 2011

A lot has been read into a very short post about a Tegra development kit. I'd like to clear up a few points.

First, nothing changes in what we’re delivering to the open source community or customers. NVIDIA will continue to post the Tegra kernel to kernel.org and publish our Android code to our public git servers. Additionally, we will continue to make our BSP (codecs, GPU driver etc) available to all our hardware partners. We will continue to do this and nothing about these processes has changed.

For our partners' Android devices, NVIDIA provides support until the hardware partner chooses to no longer support the device. So, for instance, NVIDIA will support the Xoom on all versions of Android Motorola requests until Motorola ceases to support the Xoom. The same goes for ViewSonic with the G-Tablet, Notion Ink with the Adam, Acer with the Iconia, LG with the Optimus 2X and so on.

In relation to my original reply, that was a response to a specific question about a Tegra 250 Development Kit. Given the confusion, we will work with owners of Tegra 250 Development Kits individually to determine their needs. The term "Harmony" is an internal codename for the Tegra 250 Development Kit. It is not a tablet reference design. Each shipping tablet is a custom design with varying hardware components and requires a custom OS image from the OEM who made the tablet.

Finally, while we cannot support or give out third party peripheral drivers or provide the Android 3.0 source before Google does, we do want to explore whether we can assist the open source ROM makers. We will be reaching out to them today.


UPDATE 12 APRIL 2011:

Sorry folks looks like I caused a bit of confusion. Since this is a developer forum my comments were targeted at Tegra Honeycomb developers and for this we’d like to focus on Ventana. For shipping or production products, customers should contact the device makers directly for OS support plans. They are responsible for the OS shipping on their device.

In relation to our linux kernel git repository, NVIDIA will continue to provide full open-source support for all of our kernel components and will push more of that upstream over time.


ORIGINAL 16 MARCH 2011:

NVIDIA is only supporting the Ventana platform for android releases going forward. At the moment we have released Froyo and Gingerbread OS images for Ventana and will release Honeycomb after Google has done so.

Andrew Edelsten
Tegra Developer Relations
NVIDIA Corporation

roebeet


quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet

READ THIS PLEASE! IMPORTANT

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035983

Build 4349 was released today. It does NOT play nice with XDA's 1.1-based ROMS (which is most of them).

Please PLEASE check your version number before flashing any ROM in XDA. If it's 4349, consider that a very high risk. The modders will need to test and catch up (myself included).

massanutten


quality posts: 4 Private Messages massanutten

OTA Update Today - Version 1.2-4349

Note: if you already made a MOD - you may first want to check out this thread at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035720

As expected, Roebeet is all over this and have started a configuration of what ROMs work/don't tally and discussion at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035983
Thanks Roebeet!

The update notes are:
-Adobe Flash Support in the Browser
-Support for an external Docking station
-Support for USB keyboard and mouse
-Support Weather for international cities
-Support for Spanish and French languages
-Lock screen that optimizes power consumption when idle

Running straight stock ROM Original Tap UI version 1.1-3389 from Woot. OTA Update - to 1.1-3588 OTA Update on 14 April 2011 to 1.2-4349

Took about 10 minutes from start to end. All settings seem to remain. Pretty smoooth experience.

The first thing I saw was the lock screen that you have slide your finger fromthe new icon and up the tablet.

Will do some more testing and report back.

Edit: Yep all seems as expected. Power off and on without any changes.

dtlm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtlm
dtlm wrote:Ah, thanks for the info; will look for them after I've done my taxes. Hopefully it won't be too complicated to install... or irreversible, lol.



Still not reading my cards. :<

Broke down and called tech support. Spoke to a supervisor since the first guy had no idea. Supervisor insisted VEHEMENTLY that his worked and could read 16 and 32 GB cards. Well bully for him. He said I should go to Staples and get a better brand of card. :/

Viewsonic CS sucks.

Wagnbat


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Wagnbat
Wagnbat wrote:On another note, I got my iPad on Tuesday finally, after it shipped on March 8th. Only took like 27 days to arrive here on Guam via FPO (Fleet Post Office). 10 days to California, 17 days for the military to figure out how to get it here. My GTab got into the miliary's hands on Tuesday as well, so I'm assuming I have another two weeks before I get to play with my new toy and justify selling my iPad, which I'm already not fond of.



Got my GTab today, pleasant surprise, 10 days earlier than anticipated. Brand new in box, sealed, no smudges. Facebook and Angry Birds wouldn't work on the stock ROM. Racing video crashed first time through, but worked fine every other time. Pinch to zoom and scrolling choppy. Going to be loading Vegan next.

Thanks Roebeet for all the quality posts. I've read every page, so I think I'm well prepared.

topspinner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages topspinner

[quote postid="4442550" user="massanutten"]OTA Update Today - Version 1.2-4349


The first thing I saw was the lock screen that you have slide your finger fromthe new icon and up the tablet.



Thanks for posting this, thought the update had broken my tablet, couldn't get anything to work.

Berto


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Berto
dbailey64 wrote:I have given up on the stock ROM. Need to mod but afraid to do it on my own. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area who could help me, face to face. Will travel to your place and pay reasonable comp. If so, email me at dbailey64@gmail.com


Have you tried these directions: http://www.blendblog.net/Blendblognet/tabid/36/EntryID/67/Default.aspx


scfd0766


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scfd0766
roebeet wrote:FYI, I am going to retire my GTAB mods over in XDA, this weekend. I am moving them to Slatedroid.com: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/102-viewsonic-viewpadg-tab/

I will have a presence in both areas, but just a heads up. Most of the development and mods are still in XDA, but if you see mine as retired, this is the reason why.

So far, XDA is not allowing me to announce this to users over there, and I could be sanctioned or banned if I do. So I figured Woot! users might still be scanning this forum.




Thanks for the "Heads-Up", Roebeet - and for all the assistance you have given everyone. I'm sure there are still many of us looking for help over here in this forum. The tablet I got for hubby has never budged from it's insistance that the 3389 build it came with was the latest release and it was up to date. I have held off trying my first attempt ever at flashing a new rom to this, simply because it seemed like something must be in the works that so many of us couldn't get to 3588 from the mfg. website. That tablet is currently out of town with the hubby - but mine is on the FedEx truck right now enroute for delivery; so we'll see what firmware that one gets here with, and whether or not I should keep holding off on trying my hand at learning how to mod these things.

massanutten


quality posts: 4 Private Messages massanutten
dbailey64 wrote:I have given up on the stock ROM. Need to mod but afraid to do it on my own. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area who could help me, face to face. Will travel to your place and pay reasonable comp. If so, email me at dbailey64@gmail.com



Don't give up on the Stock so quickly. By now you've found out there is an Over the Air update that a lot of people were waiting for (only if you haven't tried to instal a MOD). I uploaded it without any issues. Either click the Alert notification or find the icon that looks like a box with an arrow. All the settings kept - it was a pice of cake before, during and after. I don't have full Market yet, but the sites that ViewSonic set you up with works well enough. (press the icon that looks like a star). At the bottom of the page, look for links like Amazon, Market, etc. Someone will figure how to get Market on this new Stock load.

From my earlier post (somewhere on pg 71-ish):

Maybe this will help for those who want to stay with the Stock ROM for a while (3588) and are having "issues".

I had all sorts of issues with apps and just surfing vanilla sites - locking up after a few seconds and returning to Home. After some investigating, I noticed my Adobe Fl@sh Player on my tablet was downgraded to some earlier version. After updating to the latest Player, I also re-flashed with the stock ROM - (power and + volume) - no mods installed - just used as-is. Since then, things are working much better. I know part was the earlier Player version, but unsure how much the ROM reflash helped. I did not have to reset any settings afterwards.

If you are using the stock ROM and have basic, "can't use the tablet" issues, it can't hurt trying. I'm new to android, and hoping ViewSonic will push a new ROM out. I will ROM later, but now able to use Dolphin HD makes life with this tablet more enjoyable.

gooberedup


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gooberedup

nm

Siney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siney
massanutten wrote:Don't give up on the Stock so quickly. By now you've found out there is an Over the Air update that a lot of people were waiting for (only if you haven't tried to instal a MOD). I uploaded it without any issues. Either click the Alert notification or find the icon that looks like a box with an arrow. All the settings kept - it was a pice of cake before, during and after. I don't have full Market yet, but the sites that ViewSonic set you up with works well enough. (press the icon that looks like a star). At the bottom of the page, look for links like Amazon, Market, etc. Someone will figure how to get Market on this new Stock load.

From my earlier post (somewhere on pg 71-ish):

Maybe this will help for those who want to stay with the Stock ROM for a while (3588) and are having "issues".

I had all sorts of issues with apps and just surfing vanilla sites - locking up after a few seconds and returning to Home. After some investigating, I noticed my Adobe Fl@sh Player on my tablet was downgraded to some earlier version. After updating to the latest Player, I also re-flashed with the stock ROM - (power and + volume) - no mods installed - just used as-is. Since then, things are working much better. I know part was the earlier Player version, but unsure how much the ROM reflash helped. I did not have to reset any settings afterwards.

If you are using the stock ROM and have basic, "can't use the tablet" issues, it can't hurt trying. I'm new to android, and hoping ViewSonic will push a new ROM out. I will ROM later, but now able to use Dolphin HD makes life with this tablet more enjoyable.



Hi, I'm running my gtab with the latest stock upgrade and it's running fine. If you're also running a stock gtab, where were you able to get Dolphin HD? My only real complaint is that I can't use the Android Market to download apps. I bought the docking station and can stream video via HDMI to my HD TV. It actually runs better since the latest OTA upgrade.

cglick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cglick
chrisf711 wrote:Anyone find the perfect case/lean-to type gadget for this thing? Like that new magnetic cover for the Ipad?

There's that pleather case with the usb keyboard, but I'm pretty sure the keyboard won't work on VEGAn...
http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-G-Tablet-Case-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B004JF9N1O

Leaning toward the caselogic neoprene with pockets, but would prefer one with some kind base to give me a good angle.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-PLS-9-Ultraportable-Netbooks/dp/B001F7HI02/ref=pd_cp_e_2




Just got the M1 from electronicrap.com They are out of stock but he keeps getting more in. I love it. Magnetic front closes good, the stand works great and access to buttons is good. Email him and he'll let ya know when another batch is coming in. Fast, friendly, even replied to my inquiry on a Sunday night.

Colleen Glick

cglick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cglick

Amazon App Store Application Help Please!

I had the app installed and it worked fine. Haven't used it in a week, then went in last night and all it did was come up and spin, no connection. My Flight Control app seemed to work sometimes, then others time it would pop open just to close back to the Classic screen. So I thought I'd uninstall my Amazon app store app, Flight Control, Amazon MP3 last night.

This morning I tried to reload the Amazon App store app and it just sits in my ongoing tasks for ever. When you click on it, it says "Sorry! The application We (processcom.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Can anyone help me? I know you are supposed to uncheck "unknown sources" but that isn't an option on the gtablet that I can find.

I have NOT rooted, have not done anything to this since it came out of the box. Ready to throw the buggy thing through the window. It shouldn't be this difficult to work and work smoothly.

My husband, the programmer, tried to get it going and couldn't either.

Please HELP HELP HELP!

Let's add to the list:
Pandora app just opens to a blue screen and does nothing else.
Opening Pandora via their website and my volume doesn't work.
Volume not working on Angry Birds too.

I can understand if I screwed around and tried to root my machine and I'm an android rookie. But I have done nothing but tried to download a few free apps, get my email working and set up the amazon cloud.

It really should work for the basics for basic people who don't want to reprogram the damn thing.

So frustrated but really don't want to sell it, but thinking I might have to at this point. Not user friendly.

Colleen Glick

cglick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cglick

[quote postid="4414737" user="apbarry"]Just in case someone else is having the same issue I was: I wanted to download the Amazon appstore app, but was having no luck signing into Amazon via the stock web browser. (It kept saying there was a problem with my email/password combo, which I made sure was correct.)

Colleen Glick

apbarry


quality posts: 2 Private Messages apbarry
cglick wrote:[quote postid="4414737" user="apbarry"]Just in case someone else is having the same issue I was: I wanted to download the Amazon appstore app, but was having no luck signing into Amazon via the stock web browser. (It kept saying there was a problem with my email/password combo, which I made sure was correct.)



@ cglick: I'm not sure why you didn't post my solution, from the same post:

"Solution: I reviewed my extracts from this thread, and found the URL I'd used when trying out the Android emulator: http://amzn.to/getappstore . Once I had downloaded and installed that apk, I had no trouble signing in via it."

cglick


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cglick
apbarry wrote:@ cglick: I'm not sure why you didn't post my solution, from the same post:

"Solution: I reviewed my extracts from this thread, and found the URL I'd used when trying out the Android emulator: http://amzn.to/getappstore . Once I had downloaded and installed that apk, I had no trouble signing in via it."



Sorry! I had techno overload between my laptop, working on fixing the gtablet and my fascinate. I messed up my post.

I did try your fix but it didn't help. Damn! I'm still trying to fix it out. Thanks though.

Colleen Glick

massanutten


quality posts: 4 Private Messages massanutten
Siney wrote:Hi, I'm running my gtab with the latest stock upgrade and it's running fine. If you're also running a stock gtab, where were you able to get Dolphin HD? My only real complaint is that I can't use the Android Market to download apps. I bought the docking station and can stream video via HDMI to my HD TV. It actually runs better since the latest OTA upgrade.



I'm not able to get to Market either (using straight stock ROM). Yet I seem satisfied with SlideME, Amazon, and other App Free sites. I'm not an appaholic yet. To get to Dolphin HD, I used SlideME - they had the app as a favorite so I didn't have to search for it.

I got the SlideME app from the VS site - on my tablet, it came with an app that was just a star "Favorites". This opened the VS website. Scroll down to the center/bottom to "Android Market Apps" and you can get SlideME (as well as Amazon App Store). I haven't had luck with the "Leaf Open Market"

ivioo


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ivioo

I read the first 50 pages and gave up a week or so ago but I was not sure if anyone said this or not but on FaceBook there is a Group called "ViewSonic G Tablet" and they are very helpfull, I have posted questions along with others and had answers in the matter of a few minuets!!!

Shut up and take my money...again

tacomamama


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tacomamama
ivioo wrote:I read the first 50 pages and gave up a week or so ago but I was not sure if anyone said this or not but on FaceBook there is a Group called "ViewSonic G Tablet" and they are very helpfull, I have posted questions along with others and had answers in the matter of a few minuets!!!



Thanks! I'm looking them up. Good to know!

tacomamama


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tacomamama
roebeet wrote:FYI, I am going to retire my GTAB mods over in XDA, this weekend. I am moving them to Slatedroid.com: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/102-viewsonic-viewpadg-tab/

I will have a presence in both areas, but just a heads up. Most of the development and mods are still in XDA, but if you see mine as retired, this is the reason why.

So far, XDA is not allowing me to announce this to users over there, and I could be sanctioned or banned if I do. So I figured Woot! users might still be scanning this forum.



I'll be scanning this until it disappears (will it?). I'm sure many of us will follow you. You have been a great help to us novice folk. Maybe check out that Facebook page too!

stephengta2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephengta2

Just got mine, seems ok for what I'llbe doing with it-mostly emails.
I did notice that the image on the screen doesn't rotae when I rotate the tablet. Is this the way it is? Am I missing a setting?

S

Siney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siney
massanutten wrote:I'm not able to get to Market either (using straight stock ROM). Yet I seem satisfied with SlideME, Amazon, and other App Free sites. I'm not an appaholic yet. To get to Dolphin HD, I used SlideME - they had the app as a favorite so I didn't have to search for it.

I got the SlideME app from the VS site - on my tablet, it came with an app that was just a star "Favorites". This opened the VS website. Scroll down to the center/bottom to "Android Market Apps" and you can get SlideME (as well as Amazon App Store). I haven't had luck with the "Leaf Open Market"



Thanks, Dolphin HD works great! Still no comparison to my daughters IPAD 1 64GB.

editorkid


quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
stephengta2 wrote:Just got mine, seems ok for what I'llbe doing with it-mostly emails.
I did notice that the image on the screen doesn't rotae when I rotate the tablet. Is this the way it is? Am I missing a setting?

S


I don't have mine in front of me, but there is a setting for that. Look around in the Displays area, but there might also be something for the accelerometer.

stephengta2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephengta2
editorkid wrote:I don't have mine in front of me, but there is a setting for that. Look around in the Displays area, but there might also be something for the accelerometer.



Thanks for the response. i did check the settings, it was turned on. Some screens do rotate, but not all.
Couldn't find any reference to the 'accelerometer', but i do like the word.
thanks again,
S

lloydrj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloydrj

I have keep my GTab as stock - now running stock 4349. The GTAB was running perfectly - until today !!! Suddenly, 90+% of apps give a forced close. Turned on and off and doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to solve the forced close problem without changing the ROM and without wiping all of the memory, etc?

UPDATE - I just called Viewsonic Support. They said the problem is with the 4349 upgrade !!! They said I have to roll back to the previous ROM (3588) and there is a strong possibility of my losing apps/data during ROM downgrade(recommended a backup first). Forced closes are happening to many with the 4349 "upgrade" (19Apr2011)

UPDATE #2 - Just got email from viewsonic with downgrade method - believe it or not, they gave me a link to the XDA forums!!!!)
Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1036956

joecooool


quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Bummer about TNT Lite. I installed it on my tablet and love it.

Thought about switching over to VEGAn but with the issues that has, I'll leave the TNT in the machine for now.

By the time I really need to update, I'm sure I'll be bored with this gadget and will be on to something else.



roebeet


quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet

Sorry for the delay - been spending the last few days setting up my new 1.2-based mods.

My "mostly stock" 4349-based mod is here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/16986-rom-mountain-laurel-alternative-12-based-firmware-g-tabletzpad-t2/

This can be used by anyone, but it's with 4349 stock users in mind who don't want to risk downleveling to a 1.1-based ROM (and there are risks, please be aware of that).

I actually just received an infraction from XDA today for questioning a moderator's actions (this person is moving my retired mods to the "General" area, which means they will be buried - but other retired mods have not been given the same treatment).

So I am no longer going to have a presence there, because of this. I apologize for that, and I would still recommend that you scan XDA as it has a wealth of information. But if you need me and I am not here, please search for me on Slatedroid.com, as I have more freedom there than I do on XDA.

massanutten


quality posts: 4 Private Messages massanutten
lloydrj wrote:I have keep my GTab as stock - now running stock 4349. The GTAB was running perfectly - until today !!! Suddenly, 90+% of apps give a forced close. Turned on and off and doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to solve the forced close problem without changing the ROM and without wiping all of the memory, etc?

UPDATE - I just called Viewsonic Support. They said the problem is with the 4349 upgrade !!! They said I have to roll back to the previous ROM (3588) and there is a strong possibility of my losing apps/data during ROM downgrade(recommended a backup first). Forced closes are happening to many with the 4349 "upgrade" (19Apr2011)

UPDATE #2 - Just got email from viewsonic with downgrade method - believe it or not, they gave me a link to the XDA forums!!!!)



Appreciate if you could post the link VS gave you to downgrade from XDA forum.

To your issue. I also have vanilla stock - no problems with force closures (FC) with 4349. Arrived from Woot and immediately OTA update to 3588. On April 14th did another OTA update to 4349. No problems. Just checked nearly all my apps and no problems.

I did experience something what you are experiencing but on the 3588 rom - nearly everything did a FC. I did two things right after each other so I don't know if the first action would have fixed it - I'm a new at this.

First - Seems that I somehow installed a older version of Adobe Fl@sh player. Suggest you check your Adobe Fl@sh player first. If not the latest - just download and it will overwirte the older verson.

Second - Again - no root or mod - I just reflashed the ROM - from a power off; Power On and press the volume + button. It automatically reflashed again (box icon with down arrow displayed) to the same 3588 ROM, but this time everything worked like a champ.

I'd check your fl@sh player first. I did not lose anything - settings, apps, etc. after I reflashed - so I didn't see any harm with this. Remember I'm new at this.