tsj52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsj52
zipykido wrote:Does this have an audio out so I can pair my phone to it and play music into my car speakers?

No you can't play music through this device. It works great for making/receiving calls though :P

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
metalrose wrote:You do realize that even when it's -4 outside that the sun can and does shine.

Solar =/= Temperature

I think their qualm is that the coldness will either cause the electronics to malfunction or maybe it won't stick to the windshield because the suction cup will get cold and too ridged to "suck" the glass.

wootqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootqueen
bsmith1 wrote:I think their qualm is that the coldness will either cause the electronics to malfunction or maybe it won't stick to the windshield because the suction cup will get cold and too ridged to "suck" the glass.

It's fine as long as you don't try to move it .... then it might not suck.

duckor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duckor
metalrose wrote:You do realize that even when it's -4 outside that the sun can and does shine.

Solar =/= Temperature

Specs say the operating temperature is to -4. They're worried it will damage the product.

Noafence

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Noafence
porterlu wrote:Well then take a look at the site itself. Pretty obvious what it is.

You my friend are of no use

oughough

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oughough
susanlahaie wrote:
using a hands free phone while driving is more dangerous than driving legally drunk so...I'll pass

jgrand14 wrote:
haha i hope your joking

One would hope, but ...
Republican lawmaker Alan Hale is not joking!
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/montana-rep-alan-hale-defends-drunk-driving

(Disclaimer -- he owns a bar, and may not own a cellphone.)
Also, if he hitchhikes to work, he probably won't benefit from this Woot!

abigail3884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abigail3884

why wont' it let me order another one? I don't see a quantity limit. Ordered one this morning, now trying to order a second.

holdfastgreg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages holdfastgreg

Works great but does not filter background noise exceptionally well. Don't try to use it when the windows are down or the roof is dropped.

wobblywoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wobblywoot
shopmom61 wrote:How do you answer and send a call? Is it voice activated or do I have to press the button when it is mounted on the windshield?

Hi Shopmom61!

You'll need to use your phone to initiate an outgoing call, it appears. To answer, end or reject an incoming call, you press the button on the IOGEAR device itself.

I found some good info for you in the manual, which is at

http://www.iogear.com/support/manual/GBHFK231_Manual.pdf

Short press the MFB button to answer the call.
Short press the MFB button to end the call.

njack26

quality posts: 7 Private Messages njack26
abigail3884 wrote:why wont' it let me order another one? I don't see a quantity limit. Ordered one this morning, now trying to order a second.

You can only place one order per account per item. You have 2 options: Email support anad ask them to add one to your current order, or create a new account.

trend53

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trend53

I have this unit and it works great. It holds a charge for a long time. I have it placed on my visor since this seems to be the best spot for people to hear you. I charge it one a month with the USB cable and rely on the solar charging only in dire emergency.

Also, it works great with my iPhone voice dialing feature. You just press a button on the hands-free unit and speak.

Noafence

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Noafence
tammyjk1021 wrote:Actually...I dont wear a helmet for in town and we have speakers mounted on our bike. Not all bikes are loud. As a passenger mind you...I can actually make a call on our bike just fine. I wouldnt suggest my husband(the driver) do so. Personally I would invest in an earpeice though. Much less hassle and how are you going to push the buttons and drive?

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=16808

You missed this woot, i bought two, they are GREAT

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

Hell I'm rich, I'll buy one.

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

jjansen87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjansen87

My bank is showing that Woot is charging me twice for the Qty. 1 I ordered. Don't do a first-timer like this, Woot!

dpwellman

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dpwellman

Just checked in. One one hand, it's not a Jatravartid rug. On the other hand, it's kind of equally useless.

What's the point of a signature? Everyone can see who wrote this, over there, to the left.

babalooo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages babalooo

Earbuds don't fit well in my ears. Hell, I'll give this a shot. I just hope it's loud enough.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
untwed wrote:Will it work in my prius?

Will it charge his Prius if he plugs it into the lighter outlet?

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

ddelrio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddelrio

OK Folks...I'm in for 3. Me, my wife and a neighbor. Hope this is as good as everyone is saying it is!

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
ddelrio wrote:OK Folks...I'm in for 3. Me, my wife and a neighbor. Hope this is as good as everyone is saying it is!

Where do you live, Pleasantville?

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon

Woot got me again. 2 woots in 2 days (kids woot, not that lovely rug.) I'm in for 3. I've got an older car that could use some bluetooth technology, and I've got some family that will think I spent lots of money on their bluetooth solar speakerphone. Win/Win!

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

verno329

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verno329

Solar =/= Temperature

Exactly. It gets charged via solar power, not heat. It will charge just fine.

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl
wobblywoot wrote:Hi Shopmom61!

You'll need to use your phone to initiate an outgoing call, it appears. To answer, end or reject an incoming call, you press the button on the IOGEAR device itself.

NOT TRUE!!

at least with the part that you need to use the phone to initiate a call. From the manual from which you most-helpfully posted:

VOICE DIAL:
If you cellular phone voice dialing is enabled, short press the MFB button under standby mode and say the voice tag after hearing a beep.
Note: Please ensure to record voice tag into the cellular phone before using voice dial function. Functionality varies depending on the phone models. Please refer to your cellular phone user manual for details.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jjansen87 wrote:My bank is showing that Woot is charging me twice for the Qty. 1 I ordered. Don't do a first-timer like this, Woot!

Please email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to help you with your purchase. Please remember to include your username and your order number so we may assist you in a timely fashion.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

th3asianator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages th3asianator
kmeltzer wrote:Are those suction cups strong enough to stick to my face so I can use it as a headset when I leave my car?

this is the best question ever, yet i have no answer

dreader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreader
dreader wrote:I have tried several bluetooth handsfree car speakerphones and have yet to find one which is consistent. Most seem to work okay from the speakerphone perspective. However, the person I am speaking to often complains there is an echo or other distracting environmental noise. Interestly, my smartphone's microphone/speaker works really well and it is adaquate for short hands free mobile calls in the car.

Well... after some more thought and thinking it would be a good thing for those I love... I am in for three!!!

Texas Cybergal
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." - Sign in Albert Einstein's office

blumstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blumstar

This product, while delightfully green (all hail the power of the sun) presents a problem for urban dwellers who prefer to keep all potential accessories hidden to prevent theft.

Solar panel disguise ideas anyone?

EDIT: I just read the manual. Includes a visor-based solution.

drewdown725

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewdown725

I Bought one! and my Girlfriend really wants to WOOT one also!

unBoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unBoy

the Motorcycle Diary:

unBoy wrote:
warm weather is here. would it be foolish to try mounting this kitty on a motorcycle if it's not too loud?

Why ask if a CAR-kit might be alternately used on a motorcycle?

My intent was 3-fold.

• Earn my first quality post.
  • Offer a chance for the witty ones to amuse us;
    (felt someone might've had experience being quietly mounted on a motorcycle)
  • Tap into the eclectic knowledge of the Wootosphere, to see what might be learned via brainstorming re: new technology and clever solutions for motorcycles.

Success on all fronts. FTW!

Wag of My Finger to:

the sarcasm of
#jlovell999
"LMAO. He just has to remember to turn it up REALLY LOUD so he can hear it over those Harley Glass-Packs.
And besides, why would he be wearing a helmet???? It would just make it harder to hear the speaker... ;-p "

unBoy:[I ride a quiet maxi-scooter, sort of the opposite of a loud Harley. And helmets aren't a constant universal accessory]

Tip of My Hat to the following:

#porterlu
for incredulously positing counter-arguments"
"You want to mount a speaker for your phone on a motorcycle... !?!
Tell me you are joking.
You are presumably (and hopefully) wearing a helmet in which case you wouldn't be able to hear and you wouldn't be heard.
That is what in-helmet speaker/mics are for.
But all that is beside the point because *of course* riding a motorcycle is too loud for a speaker phone to work."

unBoy:[I live in a helmet-optional state, and my bike is very quiet. Probably in-helmet headset would be superior. But you never know!]

#showcaller
for bringing to my attention a new product:
"Don't know what state you are in and what their helmet laws are but many of the new Motorcycle helmets
have the built in blue tooth and they sound pretty darn good."

#jasongb
for pointing out:
"Throat mic!!!" technology.Throat mic!!!

#tammyjk1021
for allowing that the concept may be feasible:
"Actually...I dont wear a helmet for in town and we have speakers mounted on our bike. Not all bikes are loud. As a passenger mind you...
I can actually make a call on our bike just fine. I wouldnt suggest my husband (the driver) do so.
Personally I would invest in an earpeice though. Much less hassle and how are you going to push the buttons and drive? "

unBoy:[my quiet scooter is an automatic. not out of the question to carefully use my free hand to push a button.]

#Noafence
for recommending previous woots for similar function: Previous Woot

#arroyoko
for a comical retort:
"tape it up on the front or side of your helmet. then give it a slap when you hear an incoming call.
just don't slap it so hard that you knock yourself off your bike..."

unBoy:
In the end,
I bought 3.
One of them will become a motorbike experiment.
Doesn't work? It becomes a gift!
If awesome, I'll check back and post a followup.

Thanks for playing!,
unBoy

The Bottom Line Is

rmelchiori

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmelchiori

My buddy ordered one of these on Amazon for his wife and paid double. She loves it. I was just about ready to order one for my wife when I saw it on Woot for half price. It was like hitting the lottery, sort of.

verno329

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verno329
rmelchiori wrote:My buddy ordered one of these on Amazon for his wife and paid double. She loves it. I was just about ready to order one for my wife when I saw it on Woot for half price. It was like hitting the lottery, sort of.

Maybe like winning a scratch-off lottery ticket for $15 but that's still something, right?

rncembal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rncembal

Is that some sort of Samual Jackson reference

fredcaroon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredcaroon
tomzworks wrote:Just a reminder for folks in Minnesota. It is against the law to attach suction cup devices to the windshield. I believe this is also true for California

Just a reminder for you they have lifted that law. So that you can attach something to your windshield, It just can't block your view at all.

danmanx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danmanx

Alright, I bought one. I have good faith that I will at least get a few hours of use out of this thing with my Droid X.

If it doesn't work out:

Regift!

Now where's that rug?!

shopmom61

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shopmom61

Thank you

joebounds

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joebounds

Anybody know the actual range of this thing? I know it says "up to 30 feet", but will it really communicate with my phone from that far away?

I'm actually hoping that it won't. When I park in the garage and walk into the house with my phone, I want it to lose the signal so my phone will automatically link up to the bluetooth home phone system I bought on sellout.woot back in January.

http://sellout.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=15886

I'm concerned that the two devices will interfere with each other.

inflatablechair

quality posts: 3 Private Messages inflatablechair

I was recently forced to get a cell phone by my employer. If I get a call when I'm delivering, I simply pull over when possible and answer the call or call the person back. Talking while driving is NOT safe, no matter how many hands you have free.

If you don't believe me, try this little experiment. The next time you're watching TV and the phone rings, try to pay attention to both the TV show and the phone conversation. You can't do it. You may be able to switch back and forth, but you can't do both at the same time. The only difference between driving and watching TV is that driving requires more attention, and failing to pay attention to the TV doesn't kill anyone.

P.S. Talking to someone who is physically in the car with you is marginally more safe, because they have more cues as to what is going on around you.

trarbach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trarbach
verno329 wrote:Exactly. It gets charged via solar power, not heat. It will charge just fine.

It will, however, be way too cold to put anywhere near your delicate warm ears.

Bigtnew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigtnew

Just popped my Woot cherry on this sucker! A few bad Youtube reviews that don't include actual audio samples of the device couldn't scare me off.

Big T

tiga31328

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiga31328
puppyc73 wrote:Top left corner just under the tinted strip and right next to the A Pillar

My understanding is that you cannot solar charge it and use it at the same time as the solar panel and the mic/speaker are on opposite sides.

tiga31328

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiga31328
th3asianator wrote:this is the best question ever, yet i have no answer

I am thinking if you get someone to lick your face it might just work. ;)