msilverstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msilverstone
msilverstone wrote:I always get the "business days" vs. "human days" translation wrong, since I am a human and not a business. And then there is that corporations = people legal concept. So confusing ...

Got a shipping notice today. Yeah!

entity447

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entity447

Just got it today, was supposed to get here Monday (11th).

Despite what the negative reviews say, it's really loud. Even painfully loud. Haven't tested the microphone quality yet, but will report on the results.

entity447

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entity447
minsoo26 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otLCy5QKS5E
listen to this guy b4 you buy

I think he got a defective batch, because the one I got is really loud.

Bigtnew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigtnew
entity447 wrote:I think he got a defective batch, because the one I got is really loud.

Agreed. Mine is also quite loud and everything appears to be working as described! I am quite pleased.

Big T

scottjl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages scottjl

got mine in saturday. easy set up. working great. very happy with the audio on my end and the people i'm calling are telling me i sound just fine. very happy with the unit, the price, and love that i can leave it on the dash to charge!

ShootTheMoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShootTheMoon

My device arrived today. Everything sounds garbled and loud. Can't understand anything being said on the device. disappointment.

wolfpiper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfpiper

If you think it is loud, maybe you should try turning down the volume with the "-" key. It is on the silver strip right below the MBF (big gray button).

cwracefan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwracefan

Hmmm, gotta love "Smart"post. That has to be the most craptacular shipping method ever. Mine left a Fedex location approx. 100 miles from my house on April 6, and hasn't been heard from again! It's never made it to my local post office.

Bigtnew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigtnew
cwracefan wrote:Hmmm, gotta love "Smart"post. That has to be the most craptacular shipping method ever. Mine left a Fedex location approx. 100 miles from my house on April 6, and hasn't been heard from again! It's never made it to my local post office.

=(

Big T

Elkgunner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Elkgunner

Finally got around to charging it and pairing it.

Left it on the car charger overnight. Then, I just had to hold the button for 6 seconds to get the red/blue flashing LED, then turned my phone's Bluetooth on and scanned.

Found the speaker phone and was paired.

Answered a couple of calls on the 30 minute drive, seemed great. You have to mute the radio, or it picks up that noise.

It fell of the window twice, so I cleaned the window a bit, moistened the suction cup, and it seemed good on the 30 minute drive in the evening.

No complaints on the quality of the sound, although it might be a bit quiet for me. Not sure if there is a volume control.

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

Got mine like a week ago. Plenty loud for me. I really like it.

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42
Bigtnew wrote:Agreed. Mine is also quite loud and everything appears to be working as described! I am quite pleased.

Adding my "ditto" comment here. So far, it's working very well and the volume is higher/better than I thought. The multi-function button isn't a problem either. If these come back around for another Woot! in the future, I'll pick up another one for our other car.

linrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages linrey

Works great and I really like it.

The suction mounted thingy kept falling off, so I just slip the unit into the visor holder UPSIDE DOWN, then flip the visor all the way toward the window. Voila - the solar panel is facing the top of the windshield. Easy and secure.

AriesG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AriesG

Got this for my girlfriend since she usually makes her business calls while commuting. Pairing her iPhone 4 was a snap and the sound was crisp and clear. She'll have to make some adjustments as to how far the unit should be since her mother (who is hard of hearing) actually thought we were yelling in to the phone Everything is easily accessible. Do wish that the volume control was more adjustable because sometimes you just want that setting in-between. Overall two thumbs up.

gdradio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdradio
scottjl wrote:got mine in saturday. easy set up. working great. very happy with the audio on my end and the people i'm calling are telling me i sound just fine. very happy with the unit, the price, and love that i can leave it on the dash to charge!

co-signed.

midniteblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midniteblue

I've been tracking this for a week. According to the tracking #, it was shipped 4/5/11 and arrived in my city 4/8/11. It has been "in transit" ever since. I've been checking the forum and tracking but today is the 9th business day so, where's my product???

ronno1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronno1976

Product works great, but the car charger that came with the device will not charge. My car is covered both at home and work so I don't get consistent exposure to sun. I bring the device in to charge it from the wall with a USB connector.

I am in contact now with IOGEAR to see about getting the charger replaced.

But overall, very happy with the actual device.

tommark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommark

My IOGear Hands-Free Car Kit refuses to take a charge. I know the plug on my laptop is live; the red "charging" light stays on for about five minutes, then dies.

Tom Markham

porterlu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porterlu

I got mine a few weeks ago and so far, it has been fantastic.

Next time this comes up for sale, I'm definitely getting a few as "get that phone away from your face, put your hands on the steering wheel and pay attention to your driving!" gifts. Maybe one to throw through the open window of a random distracted stranger too.

QUICK REVIEW:

Sound: Loud and clear and paired perfectly with my iPhone. Mic and speaker both work great from either windshield or visor mountings. Pretty decent at canceling out ambient noise. Picks up passenger voices pretty well too.

Interface: I do wish it had a few more dedicated switches instead of being essentially single-button dependent. Beeps and bloops to indicate status is fine, but it would be much better if there were more visual and intuitive indicators.

Charging: No problems at all, even when I leave it on the visor clip instead of the windshield clip.

REPLIES:

muiriath wrote:In for 1. Let's see how well it does in my convertible.

ME: How's it working for you? I have been using it in my convertible and top up or down, it has worked perfectly - I can hear and be heard just fine even at higher speeds with louder wind and ambient noise.

unBoy wrote:warm weather is here. would it be foolish to try mounting this kitty on a motorcycle if it's not too loud?
unBoy wrote:In the end, I bought 3. One of them will become a motorbike experiment.

ME: So… despite my incredulous comment, I am curious to know if you have tried mounting it on your motorcycle/scooter yet and how it has worked.

Noafence wrote:You my friend are of no use

ME: I could have been a little nicer probably but, well, then I wouldn't have gotten the momentary and pointless satisfaction of being mildly impolite to newbies with dumb questions. Point taken though and I will mind my snarks and snipes.

gertiestn wrote:What's this crap doing on my rug site?

ME: Best Woot post I've read in a very long time. How did that miss out on being named a Quality Post?

andertoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andertoon

Mine charges fine with a cord, but doesn't seem to recharge with solar. It's completely dead after spending a weekend out in the sun, even though I haven't used it...

ninocapo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninocapo

Hey jjansen87,

I'm dealing with the same issue you were on different product. How did you resolve this issue?

jjansen87 wrote:My bank is showing that Woot is charging me twice for the Qty. 1 I ordered. Don't do a first-timer like this, Woot!

skalbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skalbeck
kitcatbrat wrote:Is this really that much better than my phone's speakerphone? How would it compare to if I just mounted my phone on my dash and talked on speaker? (I have a Blackberry Torch, for reference, if anybody knows the difference in speakers)

I bought one from woot - and all callers are telling me that there is a bad screeching sound.. I've stopped using it and now it just it just looks like a garage door opener on my car visor.... anyone with similar experience? Already submitted a request for a return authorization....

christybluefish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christybluefish

Works great for two months stuck in the upper left corner of the windshield, no recharging if you park outside during the day. Love it.

christybluefish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christybluefish

Works great for two months stuck in the upper left corner of the windshield, no recharging if you park outside during the day. Love it.

Chatomairi22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chatomairi22

I love this speaker. I use it all the time and never had a problem. Best value ever. It connects when I turn it on and I just leave the car without powering off since it does it automatically. Charges via solar power and it's just a great device.

mlittle6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlittle6
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
IOGEAR Solar Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
$14.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Can I still get that deal from Woot?

mp562

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mp562

After using the IOGEAR Solar Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for some time now I can definitely say I'm happy with the purchase. I've recommended it to almost everyone I know because it simply does what it's supposed to do. The only time I've ever had to charge the thing up was when I first got it, other than that I stick it in the sun when my car is parked and haven't had to plug it in since. I use it whenever I'm driving and it never runs out of juice. I haven't tried hooking up two phones to it, but it seems to work great with my phone. The noise blocking seems to work well because I haven't heard anyone complain. Also, the speaker is more than adequate volume in my car. I'm not sure how long the battery will be good for, only time will tell. But for now this is one hell of a device.