wangertang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangertang
ReginaFilangee wrote:If you click on yours, it will take you to your profile page. There, you will have a choice of 4 other (5 total) avatars you can change to if you don't like the one that posted as your default avatar.

Awesome, thanks! :P

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise
wangertang wrote:Awesome, thanks! :P

Hi, just replying to your thread because I have posted 4 times now and nothing has shown up. Maybe this post will get into the thread.

Okay then...now that I seem to have a post that folks can see...

Got mine today. Contents:
2 pkgs Woot Cedar Grilling Planks (6/pkg)
3 pair 180s Ear Warmers
3 Nuby Natural Touch Bottle Drying Racks
5 pair Agoo Leggings
1 Gwen's Nest tote

I will use the ear warmers and possibly the grilling planks. The rest will be given to friends with children and one friend that is expecting.

grasselb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grasselb

So I got my bag o' condors today, first ever!
1-2 Woot! brand cedar grilling planks
2-1 spin dock latop swivel (lazy susan?)
3-miniature flying monkey w/ Woot! cape
4-bag made of crap w/ floral print

I've heard several wooters complain about not receiving all of their crap when they got like 10 pieces of crap. What is the "required" number of pieces?

LMNISSEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LMNISSEN

I know the Big o' Cosmos commandments say I'm not supposed to complain about the crap we receive, but I'm pretty sure I was supposed to get 1 bag and 3 crappy items. Sadly, I only received a bag, and 2 items: a snuggie, and a random usb cable. But even though I'm disappointed, Rowan thanks you for the bag.

ygw2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ygw2009
dragonVSninja wrote:Has anyone whose Cacti are getting shipped by FedEx Home instead of Smartpost gotten theirs yet? I know a few others said they were getting theirs via Home, we were thinking it might be fancy goodies. Still wondering how special I am. My box departed Texas on the 9th but no updates since then. Still at the placeholder 1.0 pounds with no dimensions too. OH THE AGONY

Got both of mine today via FedEx Home:

Level 1 (good box...very happy!!)
17 x 14.2 x 11

9 Bags of Texas Air
1 Bamboo Children's Leggings
1 Pack of 2 Leak Frogs (can use these)
1 Brown Woot Paper Bag with a ? on it
(will pack my lunch in it)
1 Logitech Mini Receiver
(goes to someone's keyboard or mouse)
7 USB Sandisk Cords
1 UltiMotion Video Game
(a knock off of WII...but excited to try it)

Level 2 (Elmo very cute)
16 x 12.5 x 10.4

1 Brown Woot Gift Paper Bag with a ? on it
5 USB Sandisk Cords
1 Elmo's Treasure Hunt Adventure Building Set

Level 4 is due tomorrow also by Fedex Home
Finally got dimensions showing of:
14 x 10.5 x 8.6

Still showing 1 LB just like the two above did.

I'm not sure why these were delivered by FedEx Home but am very happy because I'm sure I wouldn't have them by now!

THANKS WOOT...AWESOME!

kawennakwas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kawennakwas
threepiecewoot wrote:While many letters went out in the 04/01 BoC, that isn't one of them. You may actually want to consider yourself lucky.

To answer your other question, there are quite a few Wooters in this thread that are doing a great job teaching about all things Woot. LEM, Kayla, Chump...really too many to list. Thanks to everyone that is making this thread a classic.

"While many letters went out in the 04/01 BoC" So maybe more than 2 went out?

And it sounds like people are going to get a steaming pile of poo

And it looks as if I won't be getting my Big o' Cosmos til next week, it is scheduled to come in on Saturday and I only have a tiny window of opportunity.

My dog likes your monkey

tymerguy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tymerguy2
steaming79 wrote:my Level 5 (4.5lbs) box came in:
-a "Praying Mantis Pagoda" (NEW)
-a large "Sarah Rock!" shirt (NEW, but signed by 'Sarah Jones') http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8292/img20110412211343.jpg
-a black & white recycled tote bag (NEW)
-a black 180s ear warmer (NEW)
-a 2GB Eye-Fi (NEW)
-a pair (cream & orange) of Crow rubber watches (NEW)
-a Smith & Wesson 4-in-1 100 lumen flashlight (dented packaging, but NEW)
-a Intec Wave Wii-mote (NEW)
-a matching Intec Wave Wii-chuk (NEW)
-a pair of 32GB Centon DataStick Pros (NEW and no data found)
-a screw-on sports top for a water bottle (i think its "NEW"...)

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1032/img20110412211313.jpg

and the weirdest item:
some kind of Motorola electronic gadget that i have no clue what its supposed to be... (USED/REFURB)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1976/img20110412211356.jpg

THANKS, WOOT STAFF!!! CHEERS!!!

That Motorola electronic gadget you received I think is the monitor to a baby monitoring system. I seen a ways back that someone received the camera part but not the Monitor and I think you have it. Not good if separated. It's funny to see the other one and now this one. Mybe he'll find you.

jpawmsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu

Well my Big o' Cosmos has been sitting at my local fedex store for 3 days, it went out to the usps at 1am yesterday. Thought for sure it wouldve been waiting for me after work today but no. Wonder whats taking so long.

anyway, here's probably a Jatravartid question. Are all Big o' Cosmos's and woots sent with delivery confirmation? Just noticed that mine was D.C. when I checked on it from the usps website.

Tomorrow I get the first Big o' Cosmos for me!

amcoolio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amcoolio

Sarah Jones was on Survivor Marquesas, along with Hunter Ellis that someone got during this woot off as well. Leave it to Woot! to get signed t-shirts from Survivor players that were booted off early on an obscure season that not many people watched.

WTFgump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WTFgump

level 5 crap

2 x cedar planks
4 x those strawberry bag things
2 x fuzzy dice
1 x recycled tote
1 x fuzzy love cuffs
1 x self assemble hula hoop

My first crap ever and I am content. I keep the planks and give the rest to the wife, well give her all but the cuffs. Putting the cuffs on her doesn't quite constitute giving them to her does it? ;) I was going to snap a photo with my doggie in there to be cool like the rest but I dont have one of those online photo storing accounts so it seemed to be too much trouble.

WTFgump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WTFgump

level 5 crap

2 x cedar planks
4 x those strawberry bag things
2 x fuzzy dice
1 x recycled tote
1 x fuzzy love cuffs
1 x self assemble hula hoop

My first crap ever and I am content. I keep the planks and give the rest to the wife, well give her all but the cuffs. Putting the cuffs on her doesn't quite constitute giving them to her does it? ;) I was going to snap a photo with my doggie in there to be cool like the rest but I dont have one of those online photo storing accounts so it seemed to be too much trouble.

seasnake44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seasnake44

Level 5 - 6.9lbs

1. A Memorex MiniMove boombox - http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=12109

2. A large Survivor t-shirt signed by a "Sarah Jones"

3. A glass tea kettle sans tea - http://sellout.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=12412

4. 1 180s ear warmer - www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17158

5. A recycled tote bag

6. Two American Airlines premium amenity kits

Thanks Woot!

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Level 4 - 26.7 pounds

I got mine on Tuesday - posting this on Wednesday early morning as I just got through with testing of the great crap I got!!!

1 USB to Mini-USB Converter
2 Sets of No Name Ear Buds
4 Plastic Bags with Unknown Parts
1 PicturesPlus by Sunpack 6060 Medium Duty Tripod in crushed box (Tripod looks fine)
4 Sets of Cuisinart 3 Piece Folding Grilling Tool Sets (2 with crushed boxes / 2 perfect boxes - all Utensils are fine)

and....

1 Samsung BDP1590 Reconditioned Blu-Ray Player (No remote, instructions, etc. - Just the Player, Plastic Bag & Box, but it works PERFECTLY!!! Programmed my Logitech remote to use with this, fired it up, plays everything including Netflix, Pandora & YouTube.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Woot for this wonderful stash.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

pkonold

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pkonold
threepiecewoot wrote:While many letters went out in the 04/01 BoC, that isn't one of them. You may actually want to consider yourself lucky.

To answer your other question, there are quite a few Wooters in this thread that are doing a great job teaching about all things Woot. LEM, Kayla, Chump...really too many to list. Thanks to everyone that is making this thread a classic.

Sniff sniff. Hopes were up. But now shattered ..... I wonder if the poor kid ever asked about show and tell. He probably never knew to ask. His mom tells him everyday about this note she wrote for him, but he never saw it. It sits on my kitchen table with his backpack. If there was only a way for me to reunite him with his backpack he could fully trust his mom again.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

! I know I'm never going to get a letter from woot, after all the obscene hate email I sent and woot never replied to (even with just a courtesy restraining order) when I didn't get a Big o' Cosmos in the past !

What are "quality posts" and how do you get one?

ygw2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ygw2009

I got level 1 posted on the tracker but it will not allow me to post level 2. Says someone with the same user name already posted on this sale...

FrostDemn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FrostDemn

Well, mine came in a day earlier than listed. Video time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVPuE-gBkds

Summary:
1) 2x Tabletop Tripod
2) 2x Woot cedar grilling plank 6-pack
3) Bag for Eyeclops Mini Projector
B) Zebra print Eco-bag
?) 10x Texas Air packages

The tripods will be converted into a stand for my new lightsaber.
The grilling planks smell really good. My brother's girlfriend is gonna cook with some. I think I'll use the rest for some sort of craft project...
The eco bag went to my grandma.
And now it seems I have to buy one of them Mini Projectors. Been looking for an excuse to get one. :P I'll watch Kids Woot for a while.

dragonVSninja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dragonVSninja
ygw2009 wrote:Got both of mine today via FedEx Home:

Level 1 (good box...very happy!!)
17 x 14.2 x 11

9 Bags of Texas Air
1 Bamboo Children's Leggings
1 Pack of 2 Leak Frogs (can use these)
1 Brown Woot Paper Bag with a ? on it
(will pack my lunch in it)
1 Logitech Mini Receiver
(goes to someone's keyboard or mouse)
7 USB Sandisk Cords
1 UltiMotion Video Game
(a knock off of WII...but excited to try it)

Level 2 (Elmo very cute)
16 x 12.5 x 10.4

1 Brown Woot Gift Paper Bag with a ? on it
5 USB Sandisk Cords
1 Elmo's Treasure Hunt Adventure Building Set

Level 4 is due tomorrow also by Fedex Home
Finally got dimensions showing of:
14 x 10.5 x 8.6

Still showing 1 LB just like the two above did.

I'm not sure why these were delivered by FedEx Home but am very happy because I'm sure I wouldn't have them by now!

THANKS WOOT...AWESOME!

Cool beans! Mine arrived in Oregon, which is where I live, which is nice. Also nice is that the delivery date got bumped up a day. Should be here tomorrow!

Hey.. I lost the wireless dongle thingy for my Logitech keyboard last time I moved.. I wonder if it's a compatible one... you got any plans for it? ;)

stupidseller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupidseller

i dont think my post posted?! anyways...
level 5, 6.9lb
19 bags of texas air
3 strawberry bags
2 ear warmers
1 of those small tote bags that everyone seems to have
1 box (12 ct) woot planks
1 Metrokane Rabbit Wine Aerating Pourer
this is my first box and i am super happy with it - thanks woot

bamfeod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamfeod
ismellpnutbutter wrote:Sounds to me like they may have forgotten an item or two, like mine. Haven't seen many 1lb'ers.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a 1.2lber as well... But I'm currently in Iraq so it won't get here for a long while!

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

My Crаp arrived earlier toda...eeer..yesterday - precisely hitting the projected delivery date.

This time around I got a "classic" version, that contained exactly one bag and three craps plus lots of Texas Air.

The rundown:

21 x Bags of Texas Air (they are GREEN!)
1 x Striped bag (Claimed by wife)
1 x Ear Muffs (Put away until next season - specific user not yet defined)
1 x Toy Cell Phone (For younger child)
1 x Box of 12 Woot Branded Cedar Grilling Planks (the grilling season almost here - yay!)

While nothing here is unusual as compared to other reports, I'm happy (had much better craps, but also had worse) and what is even more important - wife concluded that it was worth the tab. She immediately put in an order for Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon - so as soon as I de-winterize the grill, that one is coming!

Thank you Woot for another exciting few weeks, and for the haul! The fun never ends!

CMcCane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CMcCane

My wife and I received our 1.1lb Bowl of Chili yesterday. We were level 10 winners from the April 1st game. Here is our unboxing video. I think Woot made a mistake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK8_ngJWVVg

james_hardiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages james_hardiman

Level 3 crap (8.7lbs) was almost delivered yesterday. I have to trek down to the local post office today to pick it up. Wheee! They're always suck fun folk.

I'm soooo hoping for fat memory cards but I'm sure it's just bottle racks/cedar planks. We'll see.

mrjag123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrjag123

3 x usb to usb connector dongle thingies
1 x b&w striped bag
1 x screaming monkey keychain
1 x lampshade (ugly shade of gray...and of course no lamp to go with it)
0 x texas air

(does anyone know how to wire a screaming monkey to a lamp socket and base so if you turn the light switch on, the monkey screams?)

MandaJo111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MandaJo111
Armagedon wrote:I don't believe that any have posted yet, but I agree about your second post. Normally only one at the most gets posted on normal BOC deliveries. Which makes it a shame because that is always one of the most exciting parts!

*Looks at top* A threepiecewoot sighting!! (It must be very disappointing for you that so many letters do not get posted)

I think they should post a listing of all the letter winning craps. They don't have to list the person's name even, just let us know what craptastic stuff they got.

stele2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stele2
MandaJo111 wrote:

So there were multiple letters, but we haven't seen any yet? I smell a conspiracy.

txteddied

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txteddied

The woot! Cedar Grilling Planks are great! Easy to use, keeps the grill clean, and grilled the salmon perfectly ~ delicious. Not something I would ever have thought about ordering, but got 2 packs in my Big o' Cosmos. Next weekend we are going to try another fish or meat. Thanks woot!

Angafirith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Angafirith

According to the USPS, my 1.2 lb Big Orphaned Cetacea was "undeliverable as addressed". I'm not sure why; my address is correct on my woot account. I figure these labels are printed out automatically, so I seriously doubt that someone typoed it or something.

Even worse: I can't figure out how to contact my local post office branch. When I look them up on the USPS web site, the phone number listed is not for my branch.

They say that they're returning it to sender. I hope it's not going to go all of the way back to Texas...

Angafirith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Angafirith
stele2 wrote:

According to the USPS, my 1.2 lb Big Orphaned Cetacea was "undeliverable as addressed". I'm not sure why; my address is correct on my woot account. I figure these labels are printed out automatically, so I seriously doubt that someone typoed it or something.

Even worse: I can't figure out how to contact my local post office branch. When I look them up on the USPS web site, the phone number listed is not for my branch.

They say that they're returning it to sender. I hope it's not going to go all of the way back to Texas...

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

My Crap came in yesterday.

1x Socket sense surge protector

2x Tabletop tripod

1x Mini Recordable Camera - looks like this http://www.dhgate.com/built-in-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-mini/p-ff808081208a8be90120aa18e9503113.html

2 packs of the grilling planks

1x Aero Pro Frisbee - that the woot staff seems to have tested out first!!!!

1x small glabk and white bag

Thanks WOOT!. I will have to find someone with e 2gig Micro SD card to test the mini video-recorder out. This one was a lot of un

***Edit*** also got about 12 texas airs my daughter helped me pop

AnniKat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AnniKat

Oh great TPW, how can those of us with other things in our lives find any reports of letters, when this humble WOOTer cannot find ANY listing of quality posts for the April Fools Big o' Cosmos?

Inquiring WOOT minds want to know.

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

scuac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scuac

Got my crap on Monday, wohoo!

Inside my (level 10) shipment I found:

- Screaming Monkey with flaming woot cape
- Bag with black&white stripes
- Pair of leggings (bamboo fabric)
- Logitech wheel controller for Wii
- Pair of XT20 radios (with a note stating this is a defective item, haven't tested yet)

Very happy

scuac

- Pair of XT20 radios (with a note stating this is a defective item, haven't tested yet)

Very happy

thenewdeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenewdeal

Just got my second Big o' Cosmos in like 5 years... haha
Anyway... happy with the haul:

1x Black Magnavox Minimove boom box (used/returned, with no AC adapter, but works with batteries and came with manual,remote, and dock inserts for ipods from circa 2005

1x green/purple nerf football

1x agoo pink tiny human leg warmers

1x 6' hdmi cable

17x texas air

1x small brown recycled tote

Psyched about the boombox, will be a perfect garage radio. Also - overall, a great score!

lindsjer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lindsjer
jennifur25 wrote:I posted earlier that I had gotten one of the monkey-bath set boxes. I emailed and received a response that the bath set should have 2 bottles in it and that counts as 2 craps.

I emailed back and said that I was a bit disappointed in that response since there were 2 bottles but it was 1 bath set and that a 500 piece puzzle wouldn't count as 500 craps.

I just got this response:

Hi Jennifer,

I apologize. We determined after some internal discussion that you, among many others, were accidentally shortshipped on their Big o' Cosmos orders. We've entered a replacement Big o' Cosmos order to be sent out to you. You don't need to return anything received already. Tracking data for the replacement should be sent to you when it is available. If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Riley

Yay for more crap!!

I just emailed them back again, mentioning this... fingers crossed that they also decide that they shorted me with the "Bath Set".

scuac

Very happy

lrdfang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrdfang
ReginaFilangee wrote:Each of the 6pks of planks counts as a single crap, since that is how they were sold, and wrapped (single wrap around 6 planks.) Just because they put them in a separate box inside the big box doesn't make them a single crap. They did that so they wouldn't flop around inside and potentially smash anything else in the bigger box.

I don't know about everyone else but this sounds like a bs to me. I have never seen woot sell the planks on anything but a two-for-tuesday deal where it is twelve planks. I haven't ordered a Big o' Cosmos before but seems to me a crap should be the same way it was when it was being sold. Sounds short-changed like with the bath sets.

mlim82480

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlim82480

Just checked status.
Apr 13, 2011 7:35 AM
At U.S. Postal Service facility
BROOKLYN, NY Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

Estimate delivery date changed from 14th to 15th. We, the Hitchhikers. The package is already in my neighborhood and its going to take 2 days? and how did it go from FedEx to U.S. Postal Service facility?

I can't wait any longer to get my 23.6 lbs of Big o' Cosmos.

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide

Here I was thinking my crap does not arrive until friday (while I am out of town) and every day as more packages are delivered and there is no letter, the higher the likelihood that I will get the infamous w00t letter.

Then, like that, the ominous quote from threepiecewoot "...that isn't one of them. You may actually want to consider yourself lucky.".

Now I am very afraid.

Weezknight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Weezknight
mlim82480 wrote:Just checked status.
Apr 13, 2011 7:35 AM
At U.S. Postal Service facility
BROOKLYN, NY Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

Estimate delivery date changed from 14th to 15th. We, the Hitchhikers. The package is already in my neighborhood and its going to take 2 days? and how did it go from FedEx to U.S. Postal Service facility?

I can't wait any longer to get my 23.6 lbs of Big o' Cosmos.

Ahh, the wonders of SmartPost. Someone posted a link to a primer on how SmartPost works. Basically FedEx uses their trucks for the bulk of the delivery, but then uses the USPS for the local part of the delivery. I guess it saves someone money, but I've yet to figure out how.

ETA: My box o' garbage seems to have taken an extended vacation in WV. Been there for 4 days, now. Estimated delivery is today, but I don't think that's going to happen if it is till in WV.