simonnim916

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonnim916
theguruguys wrote:It mean BAHG UF CHRAHP but if you spell it normally woot changes it to that and other funny things...

Thank you

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

I like this method of obtaining Bags of Crap. While this game stole 5 hours of my life, and the server errors and constant level repetition frustrated me to no end; alas, I have successfully Wooted a B..O.C. I plan to celebrate at lunch tomorrow with a delicious B.L.T. Qapla'! Today is a good day to start waiting on my crap.

Oh, and look at this BS:

sunclear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunclear

Finally!!! I am in top 3 now!
Probably I am going down under the top ten later, but I hope I could stay in top ten for long time.

redscot68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redscot68

I don't get it, I bought in on level 1&2 before it crashed.
(confirmation email & charged for each)
Doesn't that mean that mean that I got 2 separate Big o' Cosmos's on the same day?!? Also, what "GAME"? All I did is buy both of them before I got locked out or whatever? Is this an EPIC FAIL on my part or what!

Yes, I do realize that this is an April Fools Day Big o' Cosmos and I was expecting something along these lines but, what am I missing here?!?

My Notable Woots

• Random Craps*1/28/10* *4/28/10* *5/6/10* *6/24/10* *9/22/10* *12/1/10* *3/9/11* *4/1/11 Level-1* *4/1/11 Level-2* *6/15/11* 11/9/11
  • Woot-Off Lights 2/25/10
    W/$10 Shirt.Woot Coupon 4/1/10
    W/Birthday Random Crap *7/12/10*
  • Screaming Monkeys 12/9/09 4/28/10 5/26/10 6/24/10 6/15/11 GIANT W/black cape 3/9/11
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Screaming Monkey 4/1/10

CBMJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CBMJ

Just when I'm about to quit, I got my first Big o' Cosmos. WOOT WOOT!!

shawnmiller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmiller
ihategroupon wrote:Please make the DRM-free MP3 available for free download, or purchase.

lol wut?

itspizzanight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itspizzanight

i hate woot

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
swarmer wrote:There are 750 bags sold per level too!

IS that right? Geez. There are A LOT more happy people winning than the few vocal ones complaining then.

How many do they usually sell in a Woot Off?

njdmmoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages njdmmoe

I absolutely HATE the game, hate the April Fool's gag, but I just got to order mine. It does seem to work eventually. I got to the death screen and the "Order" button was finally active. Took my about an hour to get.

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig

I have a feeling that this stunt will be added to The Stupidest Business Decisions in History.

grahamred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grahamred
Scooley01 wrote: but a web store has no requirements to be handicap accessible.

From Amazon's own website: "We're always looking for ways to improve usability of the site for all customers, including those with disabilities. To that end, we have formed an alliance with the National Federation of the Blind to work together to improve the accessibility of our website platform in the coming months and years."

Amazon owns Woot, do they not? This game is hypocritical.

homig101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homig101

wow. 15 minutes of my life wasted... The funny thing about April fools is that it is supposed to be a joke. Here is a joke, I come to the site every day and have bought several times. Looks like I need to find a site that does not waste my time. If I wanted to play an amazingly slow, poorly constructed Flesh game, I would have went to a site to do that. Unfortunately it is 2:40 am and my time is worth more than this... Admin's- If I can bypass this game and purchase, let me know.

Vicarz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vicarz

I may be a little late going to work, and I may not be a winner, and I may be contemplating fsg and how salt falls in your path in space...but that was fun! Squee!

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
shawnmiller wrote:lol wut?

The BGM is killer.

fieldphoenix9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fieldphoenix9

i got to level 8 on the level 5 crap and got a receipt after the billing stage. i'm pretty sure you can win cuz they just billed my credit card 8 bucks

spektaur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spektaur

It only took hours of playing... and the #1 high score (had a combo of about 70 when I died)... but I finally got my first Big Orphaned Cetacea!

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

SO i wonder if the Big o' Cosmos differs from the different levels?
>like if level 1 Big o' Cosmos is better or is it level 10 or are they all equal?
>will they all be the same? or are they different?

Thank u woot! I slugged one!

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

kingcallahan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingcallahan

Not worth the Time, the Programmer of the Game had to be a freaking Arthur! I guess that makes me one too, I tried playing for a 1/2 hour. I'm just gonna say Duhh and go to bed!

rramjett57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rramjett57

My parents taught me to say nothing if I have nothing nice to say, but they were wrong. Whomever came up with this game is the worst kind of Arthur.

Woot should be ashamed to have a game that many times can NOT be won.

radcoregirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radcoregirl

I think the levels just killed woot for me too, Ive been gone for a little while anyway and this killed it for me again. So long woot! It was a good run.... But its not you, its me. Apparently I am not good enough for your "levels".

Cassandra J Boyle

lqcaradoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lqcaradoc

Bleh, so annoyed, managed to get to level 5 back when it was still on level 3, but it froze when I died. After that no luck at all, giving up now on level 6 since its too much random luck.

spartanx000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartanx000

going to explain why this was a bad idea in a few simple words...

bad programing, no forward or backward controls, bad programing on blocking spawns, no forward and backward controls again, bad shooting programing, bad programing, no forward and backward controls, bad programing, bad programing, bad programing, and laggy ass servers.

having only done Visual Basic C++ for 1 semester in high school 6 years ago i could program a better Flesh game >.>

if your going to do a side scroller with no forward and backward controls, atleast do it right and make it so each lane has a few second gap between when 1 thing spawns and another, otherwise its dumb luck and not skill that gets you the price. also if your going to have freaking points make there be a point behind it, at first i thought "oh maybe if i rack up enough points it will warp me forward" sadly no.

Then there are the servers, what are you running it off of? a pentium 2 with 256mbs of ram? i mean seriously it would lag me so bad that i would think i was a safe for a few more seconds and then wham im eating a mouth full of salt.

SXN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SXN
Invisiblemoose wrote:The BGM is killer.

mr sheen, put down the tiger's blood

joementhol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joementhol

Well, I made it to level 4 when it was at Big o' Cosmos Level 3, but the game froze at my death and spit out a bunch of code instead of the proper buttons.

Same scenario just happened, it froze and never gave an end screen at all.

Pretty Sirius GPP, guys.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
grahamred wrote:From Amazon's own website: "We're always looking for ways to improve usability of the site for all customers, including those with disabilities. To that end, we have formed an alliance with the National Federation of the Blind to work together to improve the accessibility of our website platform in the coming months and years."

Its a Big Orphaned Cetacea, not a normal item for sale. Big difference IMO. This is more like one of those skill crane games. Its part skill, part luck as a randomizer will determine if the claw is going to close at full strength every X games.

lordluck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordluck
Ryaah wrote:I also beat level 5 without getting anything! What's up with that woot! Thanks for the glitch in the game, I'm going to bed, screw this when you can't even win!

2nd Big Orphaned Cetacea ever, pretty happy about it. Played for about an hour - kept getting killed by the impossible situations, then the final round it just all worked out - I never got into an impossible situation until I died. After Round 4 it brought me back to the beginning (said Level 1) but the colors were different so I kept playing and got to Level 3, where I died, but which was just far enough to let me order the Big Orphaned Cetacea.

Yeah, that's right, I called it Big Orphaned Cetacea. No Jatravartid clever silly names here.

imtigger2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imtigger2
grahamred wrote:From Amazon's own website: "We're always looking for ways to improve usability of the site for all customers, including those with disabilities. To that end, we have formed an alliance with the National Federation of the Blind to work together to improve the accessibility of our website platform in the coming months and years."

I now know your handicap... you're an human. Seriously. No one owes you a THING. NO ONE. Life deals you a bad hand, deal with it. Not Woot's fault, not Amazons fault, not our fault... nor is it our problem. I'll be courteous and open a door for you, but I do that for the ladies and elderly as well, and NONE OF US owes you a DAMN THING. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Get it?

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous
chefsean wrote:SO i wonder if the Big o' Cosmos differs from the different levels?
>like if level 1 Big o' Cosmos is better or is it level 10 or are they all equal?
>will they all be the same? or are they different?

Thank u woot! I slugged one!

I was wondering the same thing. kinda hoping all levels have an equal chance of carp

ctinder27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctinder27

This game is so slow and shiesty that I have been playing since midnight. And I am also playing right now as I type. Maybe I will get my first Big ol Vogon

I wish I could find another "Meh" shirt

asterisk-y

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asterisk-y

lvl 70?

jaylight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaylight

Saw this on iPad , no Flesh. Tried my android phone , no keyboard. Got home at 3 beat level 3 got email confirming. Woot woot thanks it is real

Xianpiper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xianpiper

1 hour of unable to pass levels and error messages = this fail is over for me.

Severe disappiontment in woot for a good idea gone bad. You could have at least made a game that worked.

Good luck to everyone else.

jcshin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcshin

I almost passed level 4 and they teleported me back to level 1 for no reason... when my snail died.. i got nothing.. ARGH!! =(

tumbenhaur wrote:Thank you woot for creating this game, as I almost forgot about April 1st and didn't check the site until 2am PST, (nearly 4 hours after the Big o' Cosmos became available) and would have surely missed out under normal circumstances.

I did need to make two attempts over 15 minutes to get to Level 5, and the 2nd time, the game teleported me back to Level 1 from Level 5 for no reason, but when the snail died, the big yellow button appeared!!! Two minutes later, I am getting three Big o' Cosmos, after a three year drought since my last successful order.

Thanks again woot, hope to see more of these "games" to increase my chances of successful Big o' Cosmos hunting!

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean
wilcononomous wrote:I was wondering the same thing. kinda hoping all levels have an equal chance of carp

yeah im hopping that they are all equal! also thay should put this game on the ipad2!

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

xKrazYx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xKrazYx

After over 2 years, this is my first Big o' Cosmos.

I got to lvl 9 second try of the game, it's not that hard?

robertacn1954

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertacn1954

The game seems to be rigged to never let me get past level 3. At the same place in level 3, every time, 2 items show up covering both high and low with no possible way to dodge both. Have died in that same place every time I reach level 3.

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
mrbidness1 wrote:Uh, tell us how you really feel April Fool!

One more gargleblaster did you really just quote the whole bloody thing?

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

shawnmiller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmiller
spartanx000 wrote:Visual Basic C++

Scooley01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Scooley01
spartanx000 wrote:going to explain why this was a bad idea in a few simple words...

bad programing, no forward or backward controls, bad programing on blocking spawns, no forward and backward controls again, bad shooting programing, bad programing, no forward and backward controls, bad programing, bad programing, bad programing, and laggy ass servers.

having only done Visual Basic C++ for 1 semester in high school 6 years ago i could program a better Flesh game >.>

if your going to do a side scroller with no forward and backward controls, atleast do it right and make it so each lane has a few second gap between when 1 thing spawns and another, otherwise its dumb luck and not skill that gets you the price. also if your going to have freaking points make there be a point behind it, at first i thought "oh maybe if i rack up enough points it will warp me forward" sadly no.

Then there are the servers, what are you running it off of? a pentium 2 with 256mbs of ram? i mean seriously it would lag me so bad that i would think i was a safe for a few more seconds and then wham im eating a mouth full of salt.

As someone who took programming in high school, I would expect you to know that a Flesh game like this isn't streaming off their server, it downloads and runs locally on your machine. Any perceived lag once the game has loaded has nothing to do with the Woot servers, and everything to do with YOUR machine. HTH.

ADEUP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ADEUP

it's really too early for this for me. I spent all night watching a hooters bikini contest!