acrux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acrux

link worked after like 40 attempts.. let's see if it really goes through and if we all didn't just get scammed.

ChicagoJayhawk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ChicagoJayhawk

After wasting time trying to beat the game, I finally got the link to work. Only took about 8 dozen tries. Good grief.

Thanks for the tip, guys!! :D

bradchristie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradchristie

Well played, Woot. Well played.

-Brad "KingTomato" Christie
http://www.kingtomato.net/
http://brad-christie.com/blog/

twootwillery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twootwillery

Because I have a physical disability I am unable to visually discern the objects quickly enough, my attorney has confirmed that I can sue for TWO bags o' crap. The game is certainly a form of discrimination but I'll be the bigger person and not litigate.

mille258

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mille258
kjberner wrote:I used the link and it keeps taking me to the kids woot - am I missing something>?

Keep tryin'! Part of the April Fool's Fun...worked for me on something like #36 reload.

KidLightning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidLightning

Finally got that link to work, but now it's sold out. How do we find the next one?

phpwebber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phpwebber

The Good News: Yes, make a bookmark and open 50 tabs. Go through them until you find an order page.

The Bad News: "This sale is sold out."

thisisntjasmine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thisisntjasmine
Mtncub wrote:*rofl*

All these poor people going *BOO HOO POOR ME!*.

It's an April Fools joke people. The came cannot be "beaten". You get to lvl 5, and it starts you over at lvl 1.

I got through it several times and never got any Big o' Cosmos's ... so it's just a big April Fools joke! :D

my one question is this, how are the wootbots reporting people purchasing said bags of crap then?

darthemerald

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darthemerald
y0himba wrote:You do realize that this link is an absolute lie. Be careful it will cost you $30 for flimsy gliders.

This link will most of the time bring you to the kids woot page, but randomly it will bring you to the order page for the Big o' Cosmos and you just put in order info and you are done I couldn't get past lvl 3 but I got my first Big o' Cosmos today bc of this awesome link!

bnhadams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bnhadams
djdk wrote:i played when it was level 3 lastnight, and passed it. but when i died *in lvl 4* there was no prompt that i can buy the Big o' Cosmos. what the hell!!!!

Same here. Last night was farking carp.

ehs5mw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehs5mw

link took about 150 tries for me, but worked.

I was as shocked as anybody, and am still confused.

Loganschroeder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Loganschroeder

Got mine :D

YOOOOO!

ComputerCarl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ComputerCarl

https://sslkids.woot.com/wantone/9d24b680-1b0e-438e-a873-507570dc6df4/random-crap-31

might have to reload more than once, but it does work.

perdooky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdooky

How to order a Big o' Cosmos:

1. Log in to Woot
2. Enter the following URL into your browser:

https://sslkids.woot.com/wantone/9d24b680-1b0e-438e-a873-507570dc6df4/random-crap-31

3. Press Enter
4. If it doesn't bring you to the buy page, re-enter the URL into your browser and press enter again until you are brought to the buy page

Some people say it's taken them 50+ times to work, others only a few times. Don't worry that it shows you in kids.woot. After the purchase the Big o' Cosmos will be listed under your woot.com account.

You cannot purchase multiple Big o' Cosmos's from different levels.

Alternate links that have been said to work:

https://sslkids.woot.com/wantone/ae51a8dc-0910-445e-823e-182cda3c6d4d/random-crap-30
https://sslwine.woot.com/wantone/ae51a8dc-0910-445e-823e-182cda3c6d4d/random-crap-31

I really don't think the end numbering matters, whether it's 30 or 31 it should work eventually

bearblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearblue

For the first 45 minutes this was up last night I beat the required level four or five times to get a Big o' Cosmos and never got a code - it either froze or there was an error on the "you're dead" page. It was quite frustrating.

I come back this morning and its on level 8?? Farthest I got was level 5. You all have been busy.

And yes, I blame woot! for my misfortune.

tsrblke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tsrblke
iGurgi wrote:Worked for me finally.

Cleary the link is working because level 8 is selling out faster than level 7 did. I know that's poor induction, but it makes a lot of sense.

patty280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patty280

Got mine!!! The link worked for me :-) Hopefully this is better than the last one when I got aqua globes and a PS3 case haha

sightpicture

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sightpicture

Now level 9!

My favorite items:
  • Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System - 01/12/2012
  • Roku HD-XR Player - 9/9/2010
  • iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot - 9/3/2010
  • USB Powered Woot-Off Lights - 8/19/2010
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun 7/30/2010
  • Random Crap - 6/24/2010
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 4/28/2010
  • Euro-Pro Shark Multi-Vac 2/18/2010
  • iRobot Roomba 530 - 11/2/2009
First item:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite 4/19/05

matteb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matteb

When the link 'works' it took me to a page that appeared to be the random crap for sale, but when I went to confirm the info, it changed to the gliders, be very careful with the link, I am not sure it works.

cscrudder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cscrudder

This is madness!

slicker213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slicker213

Another successful link try!

on 4/1/2011, you successfully wooted.
order 33158318
You want 1

Random Crap - Level 8
You ordered 3 Random Crap

datqtipkidd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages datqtipkidd

Ok this isnt for me to get...

Quentin Ragsdale

petersimpson2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petersimpson2012

https://sslkids.woot.com/wantone/ae51a8dc-0910-445e-823e-182cda3c6d4d/random-crap-30 works now, quickly!!!

...sold out..
anyone have a new link??

jamessondag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamessondag

Aw level 9 now!?!! BOO-URNS!! BOO-URNS!!!

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

This game is nothing but unavoidable deaths. How is anyone getting past like level four without two things blocking your path at the same time and being forced to just start over.

Also I played this game to level 4 last night and It said I got a Big o' Cosmos but the link just restarted the game. AWESOME!

jnissel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnissel
uwimage wrote:WOW...I've never seen so many people whining...seriously? Happy April 1...see you tomorrow, I'm guessing everyone that said "woot, you lost a customer" will be back...stop whining.

Don't be too sure. The thing is that Woot really doesn't give a damn about losing customers. They get new customers and lose some old customers every day.

Woot doesn't give a rats a$$ if we stay or leave.

1ndyb0t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1ndyb0t

This game blows... They should have made it to where the slug could speed up and slow down (like most games of this type, just see Kongregate's list of games) so that you could bypass the obstacles of two objects right beside each other (go around one before the other one comes), then the game would be fair.

...As a programmer, I find their programming to be seriously lacking (not really, they just didn't think through their random obstacle generator thoroughly enough)...

numberonedork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numberonedork

The Woot gods have shined down on me for doing some fund raising yesterday and raffling off one of my electric guitars!! Good deeds do pay off!!!

nerdtasticalone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nerdtasticalone

Can we get more than one?

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
rooty66 wrote:Back during level six, I reached level 7 and when I died it said "You've earned the right to purchase a Big Orphaned Cetacea." Too bad when I clicked the I want one button, level 6 had just sold out...

Same thing happened to me in level 1 last night.

pianoworld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pianoworld

This sucks. Who has time to sit through this B.S.

djhunt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djhunt

I call Shenanigans! This game is rigged!

I want One! One What? What you got! it's gone.

Madstork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Madstork
besypoo wrote:Yep, you have to put it in over and over until it gets to the order screen.

I felt a little bit of pride leave me every time I pasted that link...until it worked! Pride restored K_R_A_P successfully wooted.

Rewarded for being a fool. Fool On!

mscalbear

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mscalbear
kmc4637 wrote:Well, I can't waste any more time at work, and to hear that even the people that completed the requisite level still weren't able to buy their bags makes me want to...not bother. See you tomorrow Woot.

I have never been able to score a bag during the woot offs - the timing of the bag offering is always when I'm still at work. The closest I've been is when it's the completely random, match the last digit of the stock market game. I was able to purchase, but no match.

So, I was really thrilled last night when I was able to beat the level 4 when it was a bag 3. Like many others who posted, when done, I got an error message. What a big disappointment. It's a luck of the draw if you get a game where there are two obstacles in your way - unfortunately I can't devote more hours to this. I wish I were one of the many who don't have to work (or who live in a time zone where they are off from work)and can pounce on the bag during woot offs or can spend the time playing 20, 50 times to get the win.

jesstopher1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesstopher1

krandallsfury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krandallsfury
perdooky wrote:How to order a Big o' Cosmos:

1. Log in to Woot
2. Enter the following URL into your browser:

https://sslkids.woot.com/wantone/ae51a8dc-0910-445e-823e-182cda3c6d4d/random-crap-30

3. Press Enter
4. If it doesn't bring you to the buy page, re-enter the URL into your browser and press enter again

Some people say it's taken them 50+ times to work, others only a few times. Don't worry that it shows you in kids.woot. After the purchase the Big o' Cosmos will be listed under your woot.com account.

WOOT!!!

WORKED FOR ME!!! Only took 4 tries!

www.raptorsource.com

aoikiretsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aoikiretsu
KidLightning wrote:Finally got that link to work, but now it's sold out. How do we find the next one?

Yeah I finally got to the 'right' order page, but now it says it's sold out for me too

treykane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages treykane

No fraking way...

darkpitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkpitt

I've never posted on here before. but i tried this and as far as i can tell it does work, but it comes up like a kids.woot.com site order page, but stats random crap -level 9, mine was 8 but you get the idea.

ArmyOfQuad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArmyOfQuad

Was there any attempt at all to make this a game of skill, or do the humans at woot that came up with this idea intend for it to be a frustrating and waste of time game of chance?

If you're going to make it a game of chance, at least make it a slot machine so that I don't have to sit through half of a game until I get to the point where death is unavoidable.

Also, it would have been nice if the DAMN THING WOULD HAVE LOADED when the lower levels were going.

I'm done with this crap, I can go find random crap that isn't as frustrating to obtain.