Y2KBRAD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Y2KBRAD

America you have been had - LOL!!! LOL!!! Why is a single units that SOLD FOR $19.99 + Shipping, NOW you get two (2) for $6.99 - WHY??
"CAUSE THEY DON'T WORK!! VINES GROW UPWARDS AND ROOTS GROW DOWNWARDS. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO - LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!hehehehehehehehehe!

xbiker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xbiker

I tried this planter last year and never got the plant to bear fruit after flowering.

This year, the plants that I put in the soil are already producing fruit.

iomene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iomene

My god Man .... has anyone thought about how many great farm grown tomatoes they can buy for $12 + soil + seed + time ???

Yes, I know it's rewarding, but ok then, how about using a free plastic pail with a hole in the bottom ???
I just don't get it...

wlgiv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wlgiv

I've tried these twice in 2 years. The first time was a complete disaster ending up with a measly tomato-less plant. Yet the exact same plants in large planters not 5 feet away grew like gangbusters. Thinking I had done something wrong, I repeated the process the following (last) year. Same nonsense all over again. Same soil, same plants, same location and always carefully monitored to make sure it was kept appropriately watered. Same results as the first time. A scraggly, scrawny plant that bore a tomato the size of a marshmallow. Don't waste your time on these silly things no matter the price. Get an Aerogrow (which work very well) or use raised beds or planters if you don't have space for a traditional garden.

iyinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iyinus
Y2KBRAD wrote:America you have been had - LOL!!! LOL!!! Why is a single units that SOLD FOR $19.99 + Shipping, NOW you get two (2) for $6.99 - WHY??
"CAUSE THEY DON'T WORK!! VINES GROW UPWARDS AND ROOTS GROW DOWNWARDS. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO - LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!hehehehehehehehehe!

I am laughing like you but still wanted to give it a try. Damn Bay Area is expensive. Not enough land for tradition farming in my apartment.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
gsrmanor wrote:Do these work with Apples?

Ummmm no. Apples grow on trees.

jgrand14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgrand14
jojoinnit wrote:So do these work with uh... "any plant?" *ahem*

lol had the same thought

jgrand14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgrand14
FranklinS wrote:Don't get smug with that 85 degree stuff. It's going to be 85 this weekend in Buffalo. (43 on Saturday and 42 on Sunday.)

buffalo sounds pretty good for the weekend forecast. iowa how ever (27 on saturday and 29 on sunday) does not sound good at all.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn

These are the perfect gift for the person with a mortgage that is upside down.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
tiptopus wrote:Make sure you hang them up with a strong support hook. They weigh a ton after you water them. Does not stop pesky squirrels from raiding your bounty. We didn't like them so we went back to the good old garden soil in NJ.

People do not realize that NJ is called "The Garden State" with good reason. I grew up there and my relatives had tons of corn, tomatoes and asparagus. It was really something. But I wish I had lived at "the shore."

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

zephalis

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zephalis
rcraig wrote:I'm not sure if you are joking but the "slicer" is a slicing guide. You provide your own (sharp) knife to go in the grooves. The slicer just helps you make uniform parallel slices.

I'm picturing someone trying to slice a tomato by squeezing it with that contraption. :-)

Hey...don't knock the spoons! They make a wonderful crushed valencia stew! Sure you COULD make a pair with a saw and piece of wood or plastic, but isn't it so much better if you get a free piece of green vinyl with it?!

zephalis

quadratimkreis wrote:What is the reason that plants grow upwards? Could it possibly be due to the lack of dirt in the sky?

Genetics? The same reason it's not safe to hold a baby upside down continuously from birth?

zephalis

savinggrace4 wrote:Really? I guess someone forgot to tell mine not to work- they're working like a dream. I have tomatoes and herbs growing like crazy.

Number and size of tomatoes? Type (name on package (or plastic label))? If you found a variety that grows non cherry sized tomatoes in a confined space then you really need to share!

drewford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZ0KXJiZBc

craighansen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages craighansen

So, given the recent news, are we going to see some huge number of Flip video cameras for sale at midnight (Central Time)?

mwhjep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwhjep
dreemstealer wrote:I'm in for the Twofer. My only complaint is that they dry out like no other. Handy if, like me, you're stuck in a cruddy apartment. I plant tomatoes in the bottom and strawberries on top.

Do they seem to grow better mixed like that? I'm getting ready to start ours (strawberries and toms). Mine are in a hanging basket instead of the bag. Hoping that they might hold the water a little bit better. Either way ... my only chance to have either. Our ground is full of rocks and so dry and hard, that we have cracks/ fissures all over the darn yard. Has to be better at least than what we get at Wal-Mart ffs.

hairball98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hairball98

Watered every day, plant got fungus, died. Bah!

zephalis

jojoinnit wrote:So do these work with uh... "any plant?" *ahem*

Wanted to say something about this last night but I figured I'd check on it first.

Marijuana (female plant) - no...best case scenario is you would end up with no flavor and a whole lot of seeds...and a very low THC content.

Marijuana (male plant) - maybe but the fiber strength would be low so at most it'd be useful for short term paper products.

Opium - It'll work but like with anything else you'd have better yield with a pot [lol...pot].

Salvia - unless you like seeing death...

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
cleoleslie wrote:These are on sale at Menards right now...I bought two yesterday for 3.99 each WITH a $2 rebate on each one and no shipping....of course I did have to pay sales tax - so about 4.46 total for 2....

So what you're saying is that you saved big money.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Topsy Turvy Upside Down Tomato Planter – 2 Pack has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

kayakthebay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayakthebay

Of all the Woots- this was a stinker deal. Waaay too heavy to put on a hook. Ya need a tree and that would mean shade. When watering-the top gets watered and the water doesnt really get to the bottom. Stinker.