WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We've all had one of those moments. The one where you're walking down the street, busily bustling on your way to your next meeting or yoga class or Craigslist personals casual sexual hookup for the day, when suddenly your eyes alight on something. It's a flier, and judging by the information contained therein it must've been written by a crazy homeless person who probably shouldn't be trusted with things like "paper" and "toner cartridges" in the first place. Where do they come from? Who are these people with bizarre requests and angry diatribes stapled to telephone poles everywhere? If you live in New York City, odds are good that you're looking at Notes from Chris...

super bowl

Notes from Chris is a project headed by writer Todd Lamb. It's a "project" in the sense that he does it and has continued to do it since 2008, but other than massive citywide trolling we're not sure what the purpose would be.

Scissors

Every note is from a guy named Chris. Every note asks the reader to meet back at the note's location at 4pm. Every note wants the reader to help Chris with some truly trivial and tedious crap, from diagnosing his red eyes to discussing smelly garbage to trying a new hot wing recipe he's concocted.

subway-filtered

Do people respond? Are they helpful? Angry? Smugly judgmental of what seems to be a mentally imbalanced guy asking for help via lamppost? We never find out. The project doesn't really cover the response part of it, and honestly we think that's better. Seeing people's reactions would sort of spoil the joke; it's better to put yourself in the shoes of a random New Yorker temporarily stunned out of your walk by the most inane flier you've ever seen.

What would your flier look like? Are you willing to try it in YOUR hometown? Let us know in the comments (pics or it didn't happen).

ozshaw23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozshaw23

I'd post this in downtown Carrollton:

I find extra space in drawers annoying and want to fill them with random crap. Meet me here at 4pm to walk to Woot to get more random crap.

Looks like I need to keep my day job, since I'm not as funny as Todd Lamb (writer behind notes from Chris): http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/03/questions_for_t.php

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff

So why doesn't someone just go ahead and show up at 4pm and find out?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o

i find these very hilarious and I am going to start doing this in good ol' York, PA.

Let's go Duke!

spaztic1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spaztic1

I have too many pudding cups in my refridgerator. Meet me here at 4pm to help me eat them. I will NOT provide the spoon.

wootvan

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootvan

That's really gross...oh...it says banal.

spaztic1

There is a small child stuck behind my stove with scissors. If you are not afraid of cuts or small children please meet me here at 4pm if you would like to help me out. Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Friendly towards cats wouldn't hurt.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
spaztic1 wrote:I have too many pudding cups in my refridgerator. Meet me here at 4pm to help me eat them. I will NOT provide the spoon.

Are they still in date (fresh)?

spaztic1

klozitshoper wrote:Are they still in date (fresh)?

Of course. I'm not an animal.