WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Recently our friend and co-worker Josh confronted a terrible dilemma. With a freshly-purchased tray of nachos in hand, he saw his bus approaching his stop, two blocks away. Should he drop his nachos and run for it, or hang on to them and miss the last ride home for another hour? That's some kind of SOPHIE'S CHOICE, right there. No one should have to face such a decision. Inspired by Josh's tragic story, we invented the Portable Nacho Delivery System on the spot, sketching it in liquid cheese on the back of a napkin.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Mmm I don't know woot, as far as ideas go this isn't really one of the better ones. I mean to say, they already make a lunchables nachos.

I guess if you really wanted to, you could DIY you're own nacho kit, and you seemed to be mostly on the right track with your suggestions. I would change out the sour cream vest and combine it with the beer helmet and just put salsa in 1 cup and sour cream in the other.

Instead of a cheese backpack, go with using the more comforatable (poosibly) "Wine Rack Bra" for the Ladies or the "Beer Belly" for the gents.

http://www.amazon.com/WineRack-200-008-Wine-Rack-Medium/dp/B001FYZZI2

http://www.amazon.com/BeerBelly-200-001-80-Ounce-Beer-Belly/dp/B001RB2CXY/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b

I should think with either of these products the close proximity to your skin should keep the cheese about body temperature, which unless you carried heaters in your camel bag I can't see it doing. I suppose if you really want it hot hot to slap on one of those Thermacare patches or whatever to keep it warmer than body temp.

Then you can stash as many bags of tortilla chips in the now empty backpack that you can stand!

I hope the fact that I am suffering from 2 weeks of severe sleep deprivation isn't completely obvious by the fact that I actually put thought into this...

lordpil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordpil

Million-Dollar Idea #16: Video podcast advertisements. Boo!

somewhiteguy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages somewhiteguy

"take a pull off your cheese hose..."
lol

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey
somewhiteguy wrote:"take a pull off your cheese hose..."
lol

+1

I did manage to cram all the nachos into my face while running to the bus (which I DID catch). But I felt pretty gross afterwards, and my hands (and coatsleeves) were a little bit slick with cheese sauce...

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Now I'm thinking they should just sell nachos in a bag, like you can get for shaking dressing onto your salad.

But wait, then you wouldn't need the cheese backpack.

It'd probably be best to wear it anyway. A person can always find a use for more nacho cheese.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

If there's one thing I've learned from being drunk with a Camelbak on, there's no greater need than that of a cheese hose.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

e6zion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages e6zion

The toughest part of this product has been the sheer surface area of the cheese hose. I've had trouble keeping the cheese hot enough for all day events.

Once in the tube, you really max out in less than an hour before the cheese cools and either hardens (or is less than tasty). This leaves two options: consume the cheese even quicker, or settle for a lower grade cheese.

For those consumers that refuse to settle for less quality in their all-day nachos, I propose offering two models to capture the two separate market segments.

The more deluxe model is being worked on right now. I'm presently in the process of adapting a metal braid with silicone coating for increased durability and insulation. This model will be available in an attractive leather backpack option (suitable for dates and board meetings).

The second option is for the active type--with the pack engineered out of sail cloth and ballistic nylon. Face it, who wouldn't love to be able to take my nachos with them as they scale half dome?

I end this with a request of WOOT: Are you interested in a strategic alliance? I can take care of manufacturing and raw materials, but I really need access to your sales and distribution network.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Gatzby wrote:If there's one thing I've learned from being drunk with a Camelbak on, there's no greater need than that of a cheese hose.

Mmmmmmm...cheese hose.......

kindershlitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindershlitz

opportunity lost to use the words: fanny pack

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x
Gatzby wrote:If there's one thing I've learned from being drunk with a Camelbak on, there's no greater need than that of a cheese hose.

Do detail this epic-sounding story.

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x
joshmonkey wrote:+1

I did manage to cram all the nachos into my face while running to the bus (which I DID catch). But I felt pretty gross afterwards, and my hands (and coatsleeves) were a little bit slick with cheese sauce...

Glad to hear the moral of the story. Good show, ol' boy!

Man, do I hanker for some nachos right now. Haven't had them in years.

and I'm on the phone tomorrow with the patent office. It's mine.

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

hikerjohnd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hikerjohnd

I wonder how hard it would be to clean the cheese hose...

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
e6zion wrote:The toughest part of this product has been the sheer surface area of the cheese hose. I've had trouble keeping the cheese hot enough for all day events.

Once in the tube, you really max out in less than an hour before the cheese cools and either hardens (or is less than tasty). This leaves two options: consume the cheese even quicker, or settle for a lower grade cheese.

For those consumers that refuse to settle for less quality in their all-day nachos, I propose offering two models to capture the two separate market segments.

The more deluxe model is being worked on right now. I'm presently in the process of adapting a metal braid with silicone coating for increased durability and insulation. This model will be available in an attractive leather backpack option (suitable for dates and board meetings).

The second option is for the active type--with the pack engineered out of sail cloth and ballistic nylon. Face it, who wouldn't love to be able to take my nachos with them as they scale half dome?

I end this with a request of WOOT: Are you interested in a strategic alliance? I can take care of manufacturing and raw materials, but I really need access to your sales and distribution network.

As someone with absolutely no power to bind the company to any agreement whatsoever, you have my word that if you actually make this thing and can prove it won't inadvertently poison people with crusted up old cheese, we'll do our damnedest to sell it.

DennisG2010

quality posts: 19 Private Messages DennisG2010

That first guy in the video, the one who is demonstrating his inability to enjoy things, looks exactly like Karl Pilkington.
Who, coincidentally (or perhaps not), is famous for his inability to enjoy things.

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey
DennisG2010 wrote:That first guy in the video, the one who is demonstrating his inability to enjoy things, looks exactly like Karl Pilkington.
Who, coincidentally (or perhaps not), is famous for his inability to enjoy things.

I'm wondering if he's supposed to be me! (We have the same haircut.)

dahiceman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dahiceman
joshmonkey wrote:I'm wondering if he's supposed to be me! (We have the same haircut.)

What are you talking about? He doesn't look anything like you.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

hahaha solid wootcast

fancypantsb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fancypantsb

ill take 3!

momemom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages momemom

You could easily rig up a "pouch" to go around the cheese bag that is surrounded by a bunch of those handwarmers. which have about a 30 minute warming time. And lets be realistic here, once people realize you're a walking nacho dispenser, that cheese wont last 30 minutes.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

I think someone messed up making the video....
around 3:05 it says "take it on a dale"

I think they meant date...someone wasn't making sure all the t's were crossed ;)

Call me a troll if you want...just felt the need to point it out...

ghoststl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghoststl

warning label reads: cheese hose has been found too contain chemicals in the state of California that causes cancer in lab animals.