wtacey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wtacey
RoachisaroacH wrote:If you cook BEEF to 170 you and it have no taste

searching for the like button

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

These work PERFECTLY for BBQ!

As has been stated previously, BBQ is low and slow.

Grilling, now I wouldn't use them.

I got 2 last time, but someonestole them,and I missed this sale. (Anyone wanna sell one or 2?)

steve

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

These work PERFECTLY for BBQ!

As has been stated previously, BBQ is low and slow.

Grilling, now I wouldn't use them.

I got 2 last time, but someone stole them,and I missed this sale. (Anyone wanna sell one or 2?)

steve

RCA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RCA
Greshmahg wrote:I'm in for 2, but I have a caveat for potential buyers: This thing is only rated for a maximum temperature of 479 degrees.

Why is this important? Well, if you are like me and have an infrared grill, it can get up to over 900 degrees, which would melt the compound in the probe, rendering it useless. If you have an infrared, I recommend the dual probe thermoworks with tips that are rated for 1000+.

Why 2 for me? For one of my smokers. One probe to put into the meat to monitor it, and one probe to attach to an alligator clip in the smoker itself to get a detailed reading of the actual temp in it (which should never go above about 225).

Please i want to know?.....what in the world are you cooking that you need to get the grill and or oven temp at or above 475? if your cooking at that temp you dont need a remote, you better be right next the grill or its already burnt...

Ive had this same model for two years works great. I use it for smoking and out door bbqing...and for oven roasting. Fathers day is coming up so im passing it all on...

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg
RCA wrote:Please i want to know?.....what in the world are you cooking that you need to get the grill and or oven temp at or above 475? if your cooking at that temp you dont need a remote, you better be right next the grill or its already burnt...

Ive had this same model for two years works great. I use it for smoking and out door bbqing...and for oven roasting. Fathers day is coming up so im passing it all on...

It's a myth that the best flavors on fast cooking items such as burgers, steaks and dogs come as a result of cooking with charcoal. The reason why charcoal historically tastes better is because traditional gas grills simply don't get hot enough to properly sear something like a steak. The flavor comes as a result of the high heat that sears the meat, not from the charcoal itself.

With an infrared grill, that charcoal advantage goes away. Since I can get my infrared in the 800-900 degree range, I can easily outpace the temperature of charcoal and impart that exact same flavor in it, all with the convenience of a set it and forget it setup.

You don't KEEP the steak on at 850, of course. You start it on that, sear it on both sides, then move the steak to another part of the grill that's not cranked up full blast and bring the grill down to the 350 range. That's all you need.