taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
samwise0214 wrote:Holy Big o' Cosmos!!! I was the last one!!!

Everybody that didn't get one can now blame samwise0214.

Just kidding. someone had to be last.

Nothing follows.

samwise0214

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samwise0214
taternuggets wrote:Everybody that didn't get one can now blame samwise0214.

Just kidding. someone had to be last.

Blame me if you want, i'm just really excited! its my first one in 4 years.

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon
samwise0214 wrote:Blame me if you want, i'm just really excited! its my first one in 4 years.

You must have been lurking for 1 1/2 years, since you've only joined the Woot community September 23, 2008. Good job getting in under the wire, though!

MisterRon

db5304

quality posts: 0 Private Messages db5304
LKSwift wrote:Never give up. Took me about that long to get my first... I just ordered my 4th!

two years? your lucky. This is my first one and I've watched woot for almost 5 years my first purchase is about 4 years ago though. I've had my order processing twice and been declined and been at the payment screen 5 times. I'm extremely excited for my first Big o' Cosmos. Sure its frustrating when you don't get it, but I don't blame woot or there servers. I blame all the wooters out there getting crap before me. In all honesty though you can't expect them to maintain servers able to process 100x the traffic 100% of the time when they only sell the item less than 1% off that time.

holyitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages holyitz
db5304 wrote:two years? your lucky. This is my first one and I've watched woot for almost 5 years my first purchase is about 4 years ago though. I've had my order processing twice and been declined and been at the payment screen 5 times. I'm extremely excited for my first Big o' Cosmos. Sure its frustrating when you don't get it, but I don't blame woot or there servers. I blame all the wooters out there getting crap before me. In all honesty though you can't expect them to maintain servers able to process 100x the traffic 100% of the time when they only sell the item less than 1% off that time.

this is my first from a woot off... woo hoo !!!

[ img=100x25 ]http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[ /img ]

MandaRe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MandaRe

Who shall I blame for being a slacker?

Update http://wootsack.bfusion.net/index.php already, people!

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy
MandaRe wrote:Who shall I blame for being a slacker?

Update http://wootsack.bfusion.net/index.php already, people!

I was going to but there's none for this Crap's date!

samwise0214

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samwise0214
MisterRon wrote:You must have been lurking for 1 1/2 years, since you've only joined the Woot community September 23, 2008. Good job getting in under the wire, though!

thats odd that you actually checked; but yeah, i lurk

MiddleAgeMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MiddleAgeMan

The whining is making me bleed from my eyes. Guess what? I have 4 bags and I have a Celeron processor with 512 MEG(!) of RAM on dial up. We call this computer "The Boat Anchor." You want a bag, pay more attention. I'd like to go on, but there are some kids on my lawn I have to go yell at. (Yes, I know that is a dangling participle.)

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

I've been around for a while & have won many bags.

The main key to scoring the BAG is patience! Knowing when to hit F5 and when to wait for the page to finish loading. I’ve never used a Bot or Script. I’ve used Paypal, Credit cards, IE, Firefox, WinXP, Vista, Win7. The same thing is always key. Patience!

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

pjohnston007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjohnston007
drgandalf wrote:Getting to the order screen was easy for me today. Getting past it, not.

Same experience. Wootalyzer dinged, saw the agbay of rapcay and clicked "buy" within 5s (after I got a shrug for asking "mind if I buy another random box?")--got to the order/payment screen just FINE. Entered security code and crunched well past the "sold out." Nothing for me. Perhaps I should have counted to 20 before clicking buy. . .
Maybe it is random.
Maybe there's no buying two in a row.
Maybe I should have used Paypal instead.
Maybe it was too cloudy.
Maybe it was too sunny.
Maybe there was too much wind.
Maybe I had the wrong color of shirt on.
Maybe I was in the wrong browser.
Maybe I was smiling too much--thanks, Wootalyzer for giving me false confidence!
Maybe I was too quick.
Maybe I haven't posted enough.
Maybe I already have too many agbays of rapcay.
Maybe it is random.
Random it is maybe.
Maybe it random is.
Randis dombay itmay.

maciver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maciver
pjohnston007 wrote:Same experience. Wootalyzer dinged, saw the agbay of rapcay and clicked "buy" within 5s (after I got a shrug for asking "mind if I buy another random box?")--got to the order/payment screen just FINE. Entered security code and crunched well past the "sold out." Nothing for me. Perhaps I should have counted to 20 before clicking buy. . .
Maybe it is random.
Maybe there's no buying two in a row.
Maybe I should have used Paypal instead.
Maybe it was too cloudy.
Maybe it was too sunny.
Maybe there was too much wind.
Maybe I had the wrong color of shirt on.
Maybe I was in the wrong browser.
Maybe I was smiling too much--thanks, Wootalyzer for giving me false confidence!
Maybe I was too quick.
Maybe I haven't posted enough.
Maybe I already have too many agbays of rapcay.
Maybe it is random.
Random it is maybe.
Maybe it random is.
Randis dombay itmay.

Calling Dr Bombay... oh, I just showed my age again...

mdl1atra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mdl1atra

I saw that someone already talked about finding their tracking number.... I'm just here to complain about Fed Ex. Why are they taking so long to get my package to me. It's been over 24 hours since I bought my stuff.... It should be here by now!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr.......

OK, enough complaining. I luv woot!! Here's hoping for some of those $500 knives.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
highwyre237 wrote:we we we we so excited we so excited

fun fun fun fun

yay for my Big o' Cosmos!

Leave Britney Rebecca Alone!

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

I know it probably doesn't mean anything to most, but it may mean something to a few.

Since I was able to score this time, I will be performing, to the best of my ability, my official duties of crappraising. Some people like it, some people hate it, some people don't think I do it right, some people don't care. It makes me feel special though gosh darn it, so let me have my moment.

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous
MiddleAgeMan wrote:The whining is making me bleed from my eyes. Guess what? I have 4 bags and I have a Celeron processor with 512 MEG(!) of RAM on dial up. We call this computer "The Boat Anchor." You want a bag, pay more attention. I'd like to go on, but there are some kids on my lawn I have to go yell at. (Yes, I know that is a dangling participle.)

ThreePieceWoot: I know we all want great things in our respective Sacks 'o Junk, but if in your digging through the warehouse you find a laptop or a new desktop computer or something sitting around - toss it in this guy's box. With his system and still going after it - he's a real Wooter and deserves it.

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

As always, we will be thrilled with anything the Woot Gods shower upon us, but just be aware I now have enough cedar grilling planks to shingle my house, I am crying uncle!

The best Big o' Cosmos. fodder ever was the Sansa's that were liberally sprinkled around several years ago - I use mine every day...now we're down to just getting Sansa cables in the Carp....How 'bout some junque/refurb/return electronics to brighten our otherwise dreary existence and spark some excitement!

Eagerly anticipating whatever pile of floor sweepings you dump into the boxes this time....thanks for giving me a reason to get up in the morning!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
Woody1150 wrote:I know it probably doesn't mean anything to most, but it may mean something to a few.

Since I was able to score this time, I will be performing, to the best of my ability, my official duties of crappraising. Some people like it, some people hate it, some people don't think I do it right, some people don't care. It makes me feel special though gosh darn it, so let me have my moment.

May I just point out that 'twas I who coined that term but I've yet to receive my royalty check.

crg1400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crg1400
mlsapack wrote:As always, we will be thrilled with anything the Woot Gods shower upon us, but just be aware I now have enough cedar grilling planks to shingle my house, I am crying uncle!

One can never have too many cedar grilling planks, build a birdhouse :D

Greenie

Maniacmous

crg1400 wrote:One can never have too many cedar grilling planks, build a birdhouse :D

Or a cedar chest - keep moths away from your clothes or blankets!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Maniacmous wrote:Or a cedar chest - keep moths away from your clothes or blankets!

or burn them... under food.

Nothing follows.

Woody1150

marceepauff wrote:May I just point out that 'twas I who coined that term but I've yet to receive my royalty check.

I have not forgotten, as it is immortalized in my signature of that faithful day.

As far as the royalty check; I never got your name, address, phone number, marital status, etc. so as to know where to send or personally deliver it to. Which then brings the question... do you really want ME to know any of that?

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Hello there. Now that most of the whining, exitement and flaming is over with - time to check in with my very special purchase.

The stars have lined up this time in a certain crappy way that I scored my BоC #16 (and that is a cool 10000 in binary) and that baggie turned out to be my 100th Woot (and at his time we're going to keep it decimal).

I honestly didn't plan it this way on purpose, but very happy that it turnrd out just right. I find it very symbolic... But of course with my deepest respect to commandement IV, I do not expect it to turn up anything extra special. Just gllad I am back in this game....

Good luck to all those waiting for their hauls. Let the fun begin!

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy

Added my Woot to Wootsack, they updated for the new date

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB

If you have more cedar planks than you know what to do with, try our new favorite thing...

Cut the plank in half and soak it like normal. Drop it on the grill for a few minutes then put a wheel of brie on it. Top with dried cranberries and drizzle some honey on top. Cook for 20-30 minutes. It will ooze out when you cut into it... great over a sourdough bagette. I think I'm actually going to need more planks!

Woody1150

LEM- wrote:...that baggie turned out to be my 100th Woot...

Good luck to all those waiting for their hauls. Let the fun begin!

Congrats on the 100+ Woot!

Maniacmous

CapnJB wrote:If you have more cedar planks than you know what to do with, try our new favorite thing...

Cut the plank in half and soak it like normal. Drop it on the grill for a few minutes then put a wheel of brie on it. Top with dried cranberries and drizzle some honey on top. Cook for 20-30 minutes. It will ooze out when you cut into it... great over a sourdough bagette. I think I'm actually going to need more planks!

Holy crap that's an awesome idea - need to remember this one for the 4th of July.

Woody1150

CapnJB wrote:

What kind of heat? I'm assuming with a time of 20-30 mins, it must be low?

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
Maniacmous wrote:Holy crap that's an awesome idea - need to remember this one for the 4th of July.

What's wrong with May 13th?

Maniacmous

TheFaz wrote:What's wrong with May 13th?

It is thunderstorming - should be all day, which is fine, but I don't really feel like hanging out outside and getting soaked to use the grill. Also, don't have brie.

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
Maniacmous wrote:It is thunderstorming - should be all day, which is fine, but I don't really feel like hanging out outside and getting soaked to use the grill. Also, don't have brie.

That last reason was a good one!

snwbrd4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snwbrd4life

I can't believe I actually got a Big o' Cosmos! And now, to hope for something good.....

....come on 32" or bigger television!

Anyone have an estimate on how long it takes for a Big o' Cosmos to reach SoCal?

dkf295

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dkf295
Maniacmous wrote:ThreePieceWoot: I know we all want great things in our respective Sacks 'o Junk, but if in your digging through the warehouse you find a laptop or a new desktop computer or something sitting around - toss it in this guy's box. With his system and still going after it - he's a real Wooter and deserves it.

Amen. And did I mention that my only TV is an 8 inch black and white TV? I'm fine with it, I swear.

*Hides 37" LCD*

CapnJB

Woody1150 wrote:What kind of heat? I'm assuming with a time of 20-30 mins, it must be low?

Medium to medium high works fine. Just keep an eye on it to make sure the board doesn't flame up. Mine will normally char a bit around the edges, but thankfully no raging fires thus far. The carmelized honey is pretty dang awesome too

The brie is a nice oozy gooey mess on the inside when it's done. Eat it quickly as it will loose it's meltyness in just a few minutes. One wheel is good for 2-4 folks.

And don't underestimate a sourdough baguette if you can find one

edit - and that's cooking with the grill closed.

Woody1150

CapnJB wrote:Medium to medium high works fine. Just keep an eye on it to make sure the board doesn't flame up. Mine will normally char a bit around the edges, but thankfully no raging fires thus far. The carmelized honey is pretty dang awesome too

The brie is a nice oozy gooey mess on the inside when it's done. Eat it quickly as it will loose it's meltyness in just a few minutes. One wheel is good for 2-4 folks.

And don't underestimate a sourdough baguette if you can find one

edit - and that's cooking with the grill closed.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

wootywoo4444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootywoo4444

WooHoo!!! WOOTYWOO!!!! I <3 Woot! Now the anticipation! :-)

CapnJB

Woody1150 wrote:Awesome, thanks for the info!

It's a recipe I created half by circumstance and half by happenstance. In other words I winged it.

Feel free to change it up... add more toppings... add no toppings... it's a good jumping off point.

Next time I'm planning on toasting my bread slices on the grill. Hrmm... maybe some baked garlic too

Now I'm hungry. Phooey.

wootywoo4444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootywoo4444

Dear Three Piece Suit,

If you are in the buisness of granting wishes this Big o' Cosmos, I could really use kids toys....a whole pallet of them. All three of my nephews and my niece have birthdays around the corner.........this $8 investment would really, really, really pay off. :-)

Thanks in advance. ;-)

Woody1150

wootywoo4444 wrote:Dear Three Piece Suit,

If you are in the buisness of granting wishes this Big o' Cosmos, I could really use kids toys....a whole pallet of them. All three of my nephews and my niece have birthdays around the corner.........this $8 investment would really, really, really pay off. :-)

Thanks in advance. ;-)

Wooty... it's threepiecewoot... not suit.

propenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages propenguin
wootywoo4444 wrote:Dear Three Piece Suit,

Thanks in advance. ;-)

While we are making wishes, I would like a new woot monkey, a razor mumba mouse, and a red rider pump action BB Gun. Thank you.