lebert22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lebert22

These are great. Water tastes great even after 2 days+

Leeebs

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

arcticspear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arcticspear

Ummm. A single-walled bottle is hardly a 'thermos'...

DemonicGman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DemonicGman

$10 for 2 water bottles? Why not.

Thermos Product Page with info. Click on Technology.

elbob1023

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elbob1023

I'd totally buy several of these... if I didn't have several others sitting around my house that I never use, that is.

Jaballer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jaballer

Perfect for people who like environment temperature drinks!

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623

Thermos + (single-walled) = confused

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

freddyferret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freddyferret

It's a good price for them. The cheapest I've seen them is $7 each here

I'd get some but I have tons of water bottles already. They're much better than wasting more plastic.

jkump150

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkump150

the ring for clipping to backpacks looks useful

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

It's too bad that with all those fancy designs, the caps remain red on all of them.

pricciar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pricciar

Picked up one of these at Bed Bath and Beyond a few weeks ago for $4ish. It's a good product. But, with the addition of shipping don't know how good of a deal this is.

In any case. If you don't think you could find it cheaper locally I don't have anything bad to say about the thermos. Works pretty well and seems very sturdy.

sn0rkyturtle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sn0rkyturtle

um guys...thermos is the brand... also, I've had one of these for over a year, and there have been no issues, actually I like it a lot, just don't expect it to keep anything cold for a long time unless you keep it in the dark (like inside a backpack)

--whatever you are, be a good one-- Abraham Lincoln

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
elbob1023 wrote:I'd totally buy several of these... if I didn't have several others sitting around my house that I never use, that is.

My thoughts exactly. First woot in a while I've given that thought to, though. Need more fun stuff!

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

You pull the pin,
Then you throw the pin...

And then what's the 3rd part again?

Oh, nevermind.
It's an integrated carry loop.

tartanknickers

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tartanknickers

These had better be good. The last stainless bottles I bought here were the Eco Canteens. They had weird, almost microscopic holes in the steel, and the lids leaked something rotten from the getgo.

llamabomb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages llamabomb

Do these give off the same "metallic" taste most stainless bottles do?

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida

Cold water, warm day. Do these sweat?

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Darn, when I first saw the image I thought it was compressed air. Unfortunately they're actually just water bottles. Who wants water?

kimtimothy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimtimothy

how do you clean these?! the narrow mouths really make it challenging. *snicker*

but in all seriousness, how?!?

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623
phacopida wrote:Cold water, warm day. Do these sweat?

See laws of physics. Yes. Definately.

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

In for three, but my FaceBook friends are confused when the link says Kindle!

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody
llamabomb wrote:Do these give off the same "metallic" taste most stainless bottles do?

Just like your grandfather's steel canteen in WWII!

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

upsidehound

quality posts: 5 Private Messages upsidehound
kimtimothy wrote:how do you clean these?! the narrow mouths really make it challenging. *snicker*

but in all seriousness, how?!?

I use a bottle brush and dish soap. I have Klean Kanteens with wide mouths and these also have wide mouths. I need to replace the old narrow mouthed ones I never use anymore, so I'll pick some of these up.

aliencds

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliencds
llamabomb wrote:Do these give off the same "metallic" taste most stainless bottles do?

Great question! this is the main reason why im staying away from these.

i hate that taste after the water sits in the bottle all day.

w00t rocks! Bunnies Ogling Carrots please

nytimez

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nytimez

I had one of these. I don't normally drool or dribble when I drink (as far as I know). But I did with this. A little hard to drink from. On the other hand, this could be the sign of a personal problem that I'm not yet fully cognizant of.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Everbody wrote:In for three, but my FaceBook friends are confused when the link says Kindle!

Yeah, that's a Facebook caching problem. I grumble about that a lot too.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

Since this is only single-walled and non-insulated, what makes it a Thermos™?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
nytimez wrote:I had one of these. I don't normally drool or dribble when I drink (as far as I know). But I did with this. A little hard to drink from. On the other hand, this could be the sign of a personal problem that I'm not yet fully cognizant of.

Perhaps you have a drinking problem.

Sinitron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sinitron
sdc100 wrote:Since this is only single-walled and non-insulated, what makes it a Thermos™?

The brand name.

thinkjoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinkjoey

got one for me a thee girlfriend

she is going to use hers more than i will use mine

also...everywhere i checked online had these for about 13+ for just one

so why the hell not i say

Pencap23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pencap23

Great price for one, let alone two. Multiple reviews at Amazon confirm that the single wall steel technology is both superior to the chipp-prone liner found in SIGG bottles and more environmentally friendly. On the other hand, multiple reviews at Amazon also confirm that the lid is problematic; one reviewer claims that the, um, orifice is too small and results in the user swallowing a lot of air with the water. Others claim that the cap no longer seals effectively after periods of time ranging from a week to 5 or so months.

In any event, Amazon is offering these things for $10 a pop. If you have prime, the deal here is essentially two for the price of one. So if your cap starts to act up, just throw the environmentally friendly bottle away and use the second bottle without anyone noticing, because you involuntarily bought two of the same design. This bottle is not only a safe and secure container for life's most essential of fluids but also a sleek and sexy statement of modern fashion. The trendy artwork will nicely complement the Iced Mocha Latte you buy every morning as you drive to work in your Subaru and the sleek steel might just be the perfect companion for your iPad 2 or Macbook Air.

Additionally, the ambiguity of the eponymous acronym will impress friends and family and leave them in wonder as they puzzle over its dubiously important significance; they'll never know that it doesn't actually stand for anything.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

I'm already set with my water bottle. Thanks.

sdc100

Probably. My guess is that it's a chemical reaction between the stainless steel and minerals/electrolytes in the water. Ph-neutral distilled water probably won't have that effect. Acidic drinks like lemonade or orange juice would probably interact as well. It's one reason I don't mind BPA lining my bottles. Leeching is unlikely in short term storage, i.e. water for a few hours.

student42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages student42

At $5 a piece not such a good deal but I'm in for 6 at $3.33 each. Besides, I can never find a water bottle when I need one. With this many they can be scatted about and I can still find one. Also, I can stock up on water for the next apocalypse. I may be going to hell but at least I will stay hydrated.

sdc100

Pencap23 wrote:Great price for one, let alone two. Multiple reviews at Amazon confirm that the single wall steel technology is both superior to the chipp-prone liner found in SIGG bottles and more environmentally friendly. On the other hand, multiple reviews at Amazon also confirm that the lid is problematic; one reviewer claims that the, um, orifice is too small and results in the user swallowing a lot of air with the water. Others claim that the cap no longer seals effectively after periods of time ranging from a week to 5 or so months.

In any event, Amazon is offering these things for $10 a pop. If you don't have prime, the deal here is essentially two for the price of one. So if your cap starts to act up, just throw the environmentally friendly bottle away and use the second bottle without anyone noticing, because you involuntarily bought two of the same design. This bottle is not only a safe and secure container for life's most essential of fluids but also a sleek and sexy statement of modern fashion. The trendy artwork will nicely complement the Iced Mocha Latte you buy every morning as you drive to work in your Subaru and the sleek steel might just be the perfect companion for your iPad 2 or Macbook Air.

Additionally, the ambiguity of the eponymous acronym will impress friends and family and leave them in wonder as they puzzle over its dubiously important significance; they'll never know that it doesn't actually stand for anything.

Now that's a QUALITY post! Thanks for the summary. I did chuckle, however, reading "single wall steel technology." Is there really a technology behind a simple single layer of stainless steel?

itsajeepthing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsajeepthing

$14.99 each on the thermos website

http://shopthermos.com/detail/TMS+IS4560HZ6

student42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages student42
sdc100 wrote:Do these give off the same "metallic" taste most stainless bottles do?

Actually, I would be surprised if the water had a metallic taste, even when left in the container for days. Good quality stainless steel forms a passive oxide layer on the surface of the metal; therefore, your beverage is in contact with more of a ceramic material (metal oxide) instead of a metallic material. The oxide layer on the metal acts as its own liner.

I have not used this exact product but I have used other similar Thermos products and never had any odd tastes in my beverages.

Note: I said GOOD stainless steel. Thermos uses 18/8 stainless steel. This is not to say if you got some generic Chinese off brand made from inferior products at Waljunk, that your water would not taste metallic. NOT ALL stainless steel is equal. There are different grades.

topwop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topwop

Thermos is a brand..... it doesn't require that every product they sell insulates hot/cold. Still confused?